Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Easter pies have begun!

"Janet B" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 04:15:34 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:

>>> The first 2 of 3 hits on Google for "Easter Pie" are sweet ricotta
>>> pies.

>>I'll post two recipes, neither of which I followed but I wanted them for
>>general amounts and bake time.
>>
>>http://www.mademan.com/mm/italian-ea...ie-recipe.html
>>
>>https://community.cookinglight.com/s...ian-Easter-Pie
>>

> Here's some pictures and recipe links without all the beef cake.
> How is it used? Warm or cold? A breakfast dish? Snack? Main meal?
> Janet US

I have told this story many times before. Each family has their own recipe.
These are used to break the fast after they get home from church. Small
pieces are eaten cold. The thing is to go visiting friends and family after
church. At each house, you will be given a sliver of this pie to try plus
whatever other foods they have out. And also a pie to take home. This is
why the recipe makes a lot. That's the symbolic part. After that, the pie
is eaten whenever you want to. You will likely have several to tuck away in
your freezer.