Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

Default Xmas decorations. Have you begun?

We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg

Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
hee!!!!!!
http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg

In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
Immacolata)
But I begin the 1th of december.
And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Pandora wrote:
> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>
> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
> hee!!!!!!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>
> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
> Immacolata)
> But I begin the 1th of december.
> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
> Cheers
> Pandora

Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made me
wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Pandora wrote:
>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>
>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days,
>> tee
>> hee!!!!!!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>
>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy
>> Mary
>> Immacolata)
>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made
> me
> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
> -L.

Lighted stars in your windows and mini lights at your entry sounds like
a nice display. That is the kind of thing I have. If that is not a
display.. what is?

Posted to rec.food.cooking
itsjoannotjoann

Friday I put those candolier things in the windows. I've got two that
have 3 lights each and they go in the two double windows in the living
room. I've got two more than have 5 lights each and they go in the
double windows in the bedroom. The single windows get one candle each
and everything is on a timer to come on with a few seconds of each.
The oversize Christmas wreath went on the front door and that's it for
me. The effect is quite nice.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Gabby

"Pandora" > wrote in message
> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>
> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
> hee!!!!!!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>
> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
> Immacolata)
> But I begin the 1th of december.
> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
> Cheers

There may be a few items displayed before the 21st, but most of the
decorations will go up then. The tree will be up and decorated on the 22nd
when my son's girlfriend and I will have lots of carols and drinks to
celebrate the occasion. If I know my son & my husband they'll be watching
TV while we gals do up the tree -- their contribution to the effort will
have been bringing in the tree and putting it in the stand. The older two
kids were always more interested in the tree than their brother. Now they
have their own trees to set up.

Gabby

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L.

Ophelia wrote:

> Lighted stars in your windows and mini lights at your entry sounds like
> a nice display. That is the kind of thing I have. If that is not a
> display.. what is?

Oh, it's a display. We just don't consider it a Christmas display
since we don't celebrate Christmas. Maybe it's a Yule display?
-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Lighted stars in your windows and mini lights at your entry sounds
>> like
>> a nice display. That is the kind of thing I have. If that is not a
>> display.. what is?

> Oh, it's a display. We just don't consider it a Christmas display
> since we don't celebrate Christmas. Maybe it's a Yule display?
> -L.

Ahh I see)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
itsjoannotjoann

Michael Dog3 Lonergan wrote:

With 2 new cats in the
> house we don't want to risk it. We take a natural approach to decorating
> anyway. Lots of pine roping and bows. Inside we do roping, nuts, fruit,
> table runners etc. We usually put some of those candle lights in the
> windows but I'm afraid the new kitties will chew the cords so I'm not doing
> it this year.
>
> Michael

I can certainly understand that! Perhaps when they're a little older.
I do secure those candoliers with extra long 'bread ties' for lack of a
better word. You know, those very long twist ties that come with many
appliances. I use one in each window to secure one candle branch to
the window handle (hope this makes sense), otherwise Smitty would have
them scattered on the floor everyday.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"-L." > ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...

> Pandora wrote:
>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>
>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
>> hee!!!!!!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>
>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>> Immacolata)
>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made me
> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
> -L.

Ohh! it's a nice thing!
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
.uk...

> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Pandora wrote:
>>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>>
>>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
>>> hee!!!!!!
>>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>>
>>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>>> Immacolata)
>>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>>> Cheers
>>> Pandora

>> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made me
>> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
>> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
>> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
>> -L.

> Lighted stars in your windows and mini lights at your entry sounds like a
> nice display. That is the kind of thing I have. If that is not a
> display.. what is?

It is that you don't enjoy .....
....or tht you have not a digital camera , ROTFL!
Why?
Pandy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Michael Dog3 Lonergan wrote:
> "-L." > looking for trouble wrote in
> oups.com:
>

> > Pandora wrote:
> >> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> >> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
> >>
> >> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
> >> hee!!!!!!
> >> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
> >>
> >> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
> >> Immacolata)
> >> But I begin the 1th of december.
> >> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
> >> Cheers
> >> Pandora

> > Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made me
> > wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
> > stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
> > sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
> > -L.

> We do not have time for the decorations this year. With 2 new cats in the
> house we don't want to risk it. We take a natural approach to decorating
> anyway. Lots of pine roping and bows. Inside we do roping, nuts, fruit,
> table runners etc. We usually put some of those candle lights in the
> windows but I'm afraid the new kitties will chew the cords so I'm not doing
> it this year.

I don't do Christmas... I do seasonal displays, now is "Winter"... I
have my tractor out near the head of the drive with it's big bright
yellow snow plow at the ready. It is snowing now, and if it snows
enough I will build a couple of snowpeeps... one with gigantic
breasts sporting crabapple nipples and snow boy with a huge carrot
sticking up you know where. Oh, wait a sec...! hehe

Sheldon Cornbroom

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"itsjoannotjoann" > ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...

> Friday I put those candolier things in the windows. I've got two that
> have 3 lights each and they go in the two double windows in the living
> room. I've got two more than have 5 lights each and they go in the
> double windows in the bedroom. The single windows get one candle each
> and everything is on a timer to come on with a few seconds of each.
> The oversize Christmas wreath went on the front door and that's it for
> me. The effect is quite nice.

I believe in what you say, It shoul be very nice to see your masterpiece!
You have many lights in all your haouse!!!!
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Gabby" > ha scritto nel messaggio

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>
>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
>> hee!!!!!!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>
>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>> Immacolata)
>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>> Cheers

> There may be a few items displayed before the 21st, but most of the
> decorations will go up then. The tree will be up and decorated on the
> 22nd when my son's girlfriend and I will have lots of carols and drinks to
> celebrate the occasion. If I know my son & my husband they'll be watching
> TV while we gals do up the tree -- their contribution to the effort will
> have been bringing in the tree and putting it in the stand. The older two
> kids were always more interested in the tree than their brother. Now they
> have their own trees to set up.

Ohh! ROTFL! The important is to make it ( if you enjoy it).
In my house happens the exact contrary. I look at my boyfriend that works,
while me and the cats watch him ... LOL
Pandora

> Gabby

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"itsjoannotjoann" > ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...

> Michael Dog3 Lonergan wrote:
>
> With 2 new cats in the
>> house we don't want to risk it. We take a natural approach to decorating
>> anyway. Lots of pine roping and bows. Inside we do roping, nuts, fruit,
>> table runners etc. We usually put some of those candle lights in the
>> windows but I'm afraid the new kitties will chew the cords so I'm not
>> doing
>> it this year.
>>
>> Michael

Ohhhhh! I understand you. I find in my house, after a years, a lot of the
Xmas balls of the previous xmas, ROTFL! And my cats like to play with those
little balls!

Cheers
pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> .uk...
>>
>> "-L." > wrote in message
>> oups.com...

>>> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made
>>> me
>>> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
>>> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
>>> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
>>> -L.

>> Lighted stars in your windows and mini lights at your entry sounds
>> like a nice display. That is the kind of thing I have. If that is
>> not a display.. what is?

> It is that you don't enjoy .....
> ...or tht you have not a digital camera , ROTFL!
> Why?

Oh I have a digital camera and I enjoy displays.... but not huge ones)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
news

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Ophelia" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> .uk...
>>>
>>> "-L." > wrote in message
>>> oups.com...

>>> Lighted stars in your windows and mini lights at your entry sounds like
>>> a nice display. That is the kind of thing I have. If that is not a
>>> display.. what is?

>> It is that you don't enjoy .....
>> ...or tht you have not a digital camera , ROTFL!
>> Why?

> Oh I have a digital camera and I enjoy displays.... but not huge ones)

I understand! On the contrary I Am for many lights and many big lights
(outside)
Inside I prefer few and low lights
Cheers
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dave Smith

"-L." wrote:

> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made me
> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.

We try to keep it simple, a little the "candle" set in each of the front
windows. Some people around here get really carried away.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
tsr3

We bought a new Christmas tree this year (artificial, with 1250 white
lights pre strung on it--7 1/2 feet tall!) It's beautiful, nicest tree
we've ever had. Also the heaviest. And largest. And most stable.

I thought that the tree was so prickly and dense that there would be NO
WAY our cats could climb it.

I was wrong. This morning, I heard one of the Christmas ornaments
chime--snuck out to the living room, and there was our black cat,
Stitch--lounging across several branches in the tree--about 5 feet
high. He looked very contented and most pleased with himself
too.....lol....

Stitch is about 10 pounds--but the tree did not fall over. So, I think
we made a good choice.

I usually put the Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving, and
reluctantly take it down sometime mid to late January.

--r3

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Pandora wrote:
> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>
> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days,
> tee hee!!!!!!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>
> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
> Immacolata)
> But I begin the 1th of december.
> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
> Cheers
> Pandora

Done and done. A wreath on the front door, a wreath on the back door.
That's it. I don't celebrate "Christmas", I celebrate Yule-tide. Or the
winter solstice. Or whatever you want to call it.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, "Pandora" > said:
> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>
> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
> hee!!!!!!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>
> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
> Immacolata)
> But I begin the 1th of december.
> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?

We put our lights up shortly before Thanksgiving, simply because the
weather was co-operating -- we don't do any elaborate displays, just
some simple light strings along the house and fence. The indoor
decorations (some are generations old) are still in the attic -- I
hope to tear Miguel and Buddy away from "Need For Speed" long enough
to get them out today...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"tsr3" > ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
> We bought a new Christmas tree this year (artificial, with 1250 white
> lights pre strung on it--7 1/2 feet tall!) It's beautiful, nicest tree
> we've ever had. Also the heaviest. And largest. And most stable.

Uahuuuuuu!!!! 1250 lights are a lot of lights! i would like to see a
pictures of it!!!

> I thought that the tree was so prickly and dense that there would be NO
> WAY our cats could climb it.
>
> I was wrong. This morning, I heard one of the Christmas ornaments
> chime--snuck out to the living room, and there was our black cat,
> Stitch--lounging across several branches in the tree--about 5 feet
> high. He looked very contented and most pleased with himself
> too.....lol....

ROTFLASTC!!!!!

> Stitch is about 10 pounds--but the tree did not fall over. So, I think
> we made a good choice.

Indeed!

> I usually put the Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving, and
> reluctantly take it down sometime mid to late January.

Oh! Me too! It's better and easier to make Xmas tree, rather then put it
down!!!
Cheers
Pandora

> --r3

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"jmcquown" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>
>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days,
>> tee hee!!!!!!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>
>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>> Immacolata)
>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

> Done and done. A wreath on the front door, a wreath on the back door.

It's a nice thing!

> That's it. I don't celebrate "Christmas", I celebrate Yule-tide. Or the
> winter solstice. Or whatever you want to call it.

What is Yule -tide? Is it a wiccan pagan festivity?
Cheers
Pandora

> Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"S'mee" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> One time on Usenet, "Pandora" > said:
>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>
>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
>> hee!!!!!!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>
>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>> Immacolata)
>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?

> We put our lights up shortly before Thanksgiving, simply because the
> weather was co-operating -- we don't do any elaborate displays, just
> some simple light strings along the house and fence. The indoor
> decorations (some are generations old) are still in the attic -- I
> hope to tear Miguel and Buddy away from "Need For Speed" long enough
> to get them out today...

Are your cats?
pan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

"Ophelia" > wrote in message
.uk...

> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>>
>> Pandora wrote:
>>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>>
>>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
>>> hee!!!!!!
>>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>>
>>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>>> Immacolata)
>>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>>> Cheers
>>> Pandora

>> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made me
>> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
>> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
>> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
>> -L.

> Lighted stars in your windows and mini lights at your entry sounds like a
> nice display. That is the kind of thing I have. If that is not a
> display.. what is?

It's a holiday display. There are a few holidays to celebrate in December.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

I've put out a few snowman things in my house. Nothing outside yet. I have
a neighbor kitty-corner from me that put up a HUGE display of white lights
that encompasses their whole front yard on Thanksgiving. 15 years I've
lived near them and I'm always surprised when I see it so early. I was all
proud of the few things I had gotten out early. Then went to the grocery
store after it had gotten dark and realize that I had done really nothing at
all compared to their monstrosity of a light show.

Lynne

"Pandora" > wrote in message
> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>
> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
> hee!!!!!!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>
> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
> Immacolata)
> But I begin the 1th of december.
> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
> Cheers
> Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
ms_peacock

"-L." > wrote in message
oups.com...

> Ophelia wrote:
>>
>> Lighted stars in your windows and mini lights at your entry sounds like
>> a nice display. That is the kind of thing I have. If that is not a
>> display.. what is?

> Oh, it's a display. We just don't consider it a Christmas display
> since we don't celebrate Christmas. Maybe it's a Yule display?
> -L.

I have Yule at my house. Tomorrow I'll dig out the Yule tree and all the
decorations for it. Today I am doing the greenery. I have cats so it's
artifical greenery. They ignore it for the most part.

Ms P

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

Pandora wrote:

> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>
> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days,
> tee
> hee!!!!!!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>
> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>
> Immacolata)
> But I begin the 1th of december.
> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
> Cheers
> Pandora

Around here we put out the red linens on December 21st. And take out
the green again on March 21. The birth and resurrection of the Sun, Sol
which reaches its most northerly declination on or about the 21st of
December.
---
J(Io Pan! Io Pan!)L

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"King's Crown" > ha scritto nel messaggio
k.net...
> I've put out a few snowman things in my house. Nothing outside yet. I
> have a neighbor kitty-corner from me that put up a HUGE display of white
> lights that encompasses their whole front yard on Thanksgiving. 15 years
> I've lived near them and I'm always surprised when I see it so early. I
> was all proud of the few things I had gotten out early. Then went to the
> grocery store after it had gotten dark and realize that I had done really
> nothing at all compared to their monstrosity of a light show.

everybody knows that shops have big lights because they have to seel items
and atttract buyers
Cheers
Pan

> Lynne
>
> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>
>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
>> hee!!!!!!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>
>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>> Immacolata)
>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>> Cheers
>> Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Thorson

Pandora wrote:

> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg

What's that design supposed to represent?

(I'm sure Sheldon will offer his own interpretation.)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Mark Thorson" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>>
>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg

> What's that design supposed to represent?
>
> (I'm sure Sheldon will offer his own interpretation.)

So I don't answer and I hope that Sheldon could answer for me

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Joseph Littleshoes

-L. wrote:

> Pandora wrote:
> > We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
> > http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
> >
> > Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days,

> tee
> > hee!!!!!!
> > http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
> >
> > In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy

> Mary
> > Immacolata)
> > But I begin the 1th of december.
> > And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
> > Cheers
> > Pandora

> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made
> me
> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
> -L.

Oy! it begins, the constant and ubiquitous assault on everybody of the
'Christmas Spirit" remind me to make a reservation at the Golden Peacock
Chinese restaurant for the 25th.
---
JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "King's Crown" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> k.net...
>> I've put out a few snowman things in my house. Nothing outside yet. I
>> have a neighbor kitty-corner from me that put up a HUGE display of white
>> lights that encompasses their whole front yard on Thanksgiving. 15 years
>> I've lived near them and I'm always surprised when I see it so early. I
>> was all proud of the few things I had gotten out early. Then went to the
>> grocery store after it had gotten dark and realize that I had done really
>> nothing at all compared to their monstrosity of a light show.

> everybody knows that shops have big lights because they have to seel items
> and atttract buyers
> Cheers
> Pan

This isn't a shop it's someone's home! That's what really surprises me.
They have one of those circle driveways and there are lights on both sides
and just once I'd like to circle in and see the lights from a different
perspective without looking like a stalker.

Lynne

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"Joseph Littleshoes" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> -L. wrote:
>
>> Pandora wrote:
>> > We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>> > http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>> >
>> > Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days,

>> tee
>> > hee!!!!!!
>> > http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>> >
>> > In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy

>> Mary
>> > Immacolata)
>> > But I begin the 1th of december.
>> > And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>> > Cheers
>> > Pandora

>> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made
>> me
>> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
>> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
>> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
>> -L.

> Oy! it begins, the constant and ubiquitous assault on everybody of the
> 'Christmas Spirit" remind me to make a reservation at the Golden Peacock
> Chinese restaurant for the 25th.

Is it a Restaurant?
Pan
> ---
> JL

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Pandora

"King's Crown" > ha scritto nel messaggio
nk.net...

> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>>
>> "King's Crown" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> k.net...
>>> I've put out a few snowman things in my house. Nothing outside yet. I
>>> have a neighbor kitty-corner from me that put up a HUGE display of white
>>> lights that encompasses their whole front yard on Thanksgiving. 15
>>> years I've lived near them and I'm always surprised when I see it so
>>> early. I was all proud of the few things I had gotten out early. Then
>>> went to the grocery store after it had gotten dark and realize that I
>>> had done really nothing at all compared to their monstrosity of a light
>>> show.

>> everybody knows that shops have big lights because they have to seel
>> items and atttract buyers
>> Cheers
>> Pan

> This isn't a shop it's someone's home! That's what really surprises me.
> They have one of those circle driveways and there are lights on both sides
> and just once I'd like to circle in and see the lights from a different
> perspective without looking like a stalker.
>
> Lynne

Is it something like the english proverb: neighbour green is greenner? DD
pan

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Pandora wrote:
>
>>We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>>http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg

> What's that design supposed to represent?
>
> (I'm sure Sheldon will offer his own interpretation.)

It looks like a garland made of lights. It is very pretty and unusual.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sarah bennett

-L. wrote:
> Pandora wrote:
>
>>We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>>http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>
>>Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days, tee
>>hee!!!!!!
>>http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>
>>In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>>Immacolata)
>>But I begin the 1th of december.
>>And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>>Cheers
>>Pandora

> Our neighbors put up their display the day after Thanksgiving. Made me
> wanna barf, actually. We don't "do" Chritmas but we display lighted
> stars in our windows and put colored mini lights behing our glasbloc
> sidelight and entryway. The effect is stunning, really.
> -L.

we put our tree up a few weeks before xmas. I haven't gotten around to
it yet. I like to put tinsel garlands on the bookshelves, too I also
have a few votive holders that have little houses on them, so the lights
shining through looks like the windows are lighted. THose I usually wait
till xmas morning to put out to enjoy while ellie opens gifts and we eat
breakfast (doughnuts, fresh fruit, hot chocolate and bacon this year)

--

saerah

-Baruch Spinoza

-Douglas Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curly Sue

On Sun, 4 Dec 2005 17:49:07 +0100, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy Mary
>Immacolata)
>But I begin the 1th of december.
>And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>Cheers
>Pandora

I put my guest to work the day after Thanksgiving helping me putting
up the interior decorations.

I'd love to do exterior ones because my house is so cute when it
snows, like a little Thomas Kincaid cottage, but it's beyond my
capabilities and time available. Between seasonal guests and work,
this is a busy time of year.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Ophelia

"Pandora" > wrote in message

> "King's Crown" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> nk.net...
>>
>> "Pandora" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "King's Crown" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>>> k.net...
>>>
>>> everybody knows that shops have big lights because they have to seel
>>> items and atttract buyers
>>> Cheers
>>> Pan

>> This isn't a shop it's someone's home! That's what really surprises
>> me. They have one of those circle driveways and there are lights on
>> both sides and just once I'd like to circle in and see the lights
>> from a different perspective without looking like a stalker.
>>
>> Lynne

> Is it something like the english proverb: neighbour green is greenner?
> DD
> pan

the grass is always greener on the other side

Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Pandora wrote:
> "jmcquown" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> Pandora wrote:
>>> We have begun outside with this ( My cat made)!
>>> http://tinypic.com/i5dr9z.jpg
>>>
>>> Inside the saloon! My cats jumps over and it last for very few days,
>>> tee hee!!!!!!
>>> http://tinypic.com/i5dtf5.jpg
>>>
>>> In Italy they use to begin Xmas decorations on 8th december (Holy
>>> Mary Immacolata)
>>> But I begin the 1th of december.
>>> And you? What are you planning to do for the next Xmas days?
>>> Cheers
>>> Pandora

>> Done and done. A wreath on the front door, a wreath on the back
>> door.

> It's a nice thing!
>
>> That's it. I don't celebrate "Christmas", I celebrate Yule-tide.
>> Or the winter solstice. Or whatever you want to call it.

> What is Yule -tide? Is it a wiccan pagan festivity?
> Cheers
> Pandora
>>
>> Jill

I am not, per se, Wiccan. I suppose you could call me a pagan To me
it's not a festivity; it's a time of year.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
King's Crown

>>>They have one of those circle driveways and there are lights on
>>> both sides and just once I'd like to circle in and see the lights from a
>>> different perspective without looking like a stalker.
>>>
>>> Lynne

>> Is it something like the english proverb: neighbour green is greenner?
>> DD
>> pan
>>>

> the grass is always greener on the other side

Well, I don't know about the grass being greener, but I bet the lights would
be brighter.

Lynne