Old 25-09-2009, 11:26 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Rome Day 3

I got those shots of the breakfast buffet for you!
Breakfast http://i38.tinypic.com/2vwh6yd.jpg
Breakfast http://i36.tinypic.com/262bhp4.jpg

Lunch was Saltimbocca alla Romana - the sage was under the prosciutto.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s23z8w.jpg

Dinner was at - http://i37.tinypic.com/20js Unfortunately, the
pictures were just as cruddy as my lunch pic, so I won't inflict them
on you.

Long day, did and saw a lot. Need to rest now. Nighters!

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Old 26-09-2009, 12:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
sf wrote:

I got those shots of the breakfast buffet for you!
Breakfast http://i38.tinypic.com/2vwh6yd.jpg
Breakfast http://i36.tinypic.com/262bhp4.jpg

Ooh I like the soft boiled egg cups. :-)

Lunch was Saltimbocca alla Romana - the sage was under the prosciutto.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s23z8w.jpg

Nice mouth cam.

Dinner was at - http://i37.tinypic.com/20js Unfortunately, the
pictures were just as cruddy as my lunch pic, so I won't inflict them
on you.

Tinypuke removed that one. :-(

Long day, did and saw a lot. Need to rest now. Nighters!

Have fun Barb!
I'm still envious. :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Old 26-09-2009, 02:54 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message

I got those shots of the breakfast buffet for you!
Breakfast http://i38.tinypic.com/2vwh6yd.jpg
Breakfast http://i36.tinypic.com/262bhp4.jpg

Lunch was Saltimbocca alla Romana - the sage was under the prosciutto.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s23z8w.jpg

Dinner was at - http://i37.tinypic.com/20js Unfortunately, the
pictures were just as cruddy as my lunch pic, so I won't inflict them
on you.

Long day, did and saw a lot. Need to rest now. Nighters!

SF,
Dang, that buffet looks familiar. Where are you staying in Rome? We stayed
in the Residentia Santa Maria in Travestere (couple years ago).

Pictures were great!

Have fun,
Jon

Old 26-09-2009, 05:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message

I got those shots of the breakfast buffet for you!
Breakfast http://i38.tinypic.com/2vwh6yd.jpg
Breakfast http://i36.tinypic.com/262bhp4.jpg

Lunch was Saltimbocca alla Romana - the sage was under the prosciutto.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s23z8w.jpg

Everything is looking good. No mention of gelato yet though. Surely you
are not missing out on it are you?

Old 26-09-2009, 06:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

Day 3 of pics from a "supposed" trip to Italy that is not happening at
this time or any other. Just admit you really are at home on your fat
ass eating bonbons and be done with it.

Old 26-09-2009, 06:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Anonymous loser wrote:

Day 3 of pics from a "supposed" trip to Italy that is not happening at
this time or any other. Just admit you really are at home on your fat ass
eating bonbons and be done with it.

patting the loser on the head

Still helpless against your envy, huh? Sucks to be you!

Don't worry; someday mommy will take YOU someplace really "special." Then
you can gloat here about your trip to Akron, Ohio, nicknamed "Rubber Capital
of the World." (Alas! If only your father had held rubber in higher
regard....)

Bob

Old 26-09-2009, 08:25 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 18:25:32 -0500, Omelet

sf wrote:

I got those shots of the breakfast buffet for you!
Breakfast http://i38.tinypic.com/2vwh6yd.jpg
Breakfast http://i36.tinypic.com/262bhp4.jpg

Ooh I like the soft boiled egg cups. :-)

Lunch was Saltimbocca alla Romana - the sage was under the prosciutto.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s23z8w.jpg

Nice mouth cam.

Dinner was at - http://i37.tinypic.com/20js Unfortunately, the
pictures were just as cruddy as my lunch pic, so I won't inflict them
on you.

Tinypuke removed that one. :-(

Tinypic didn't remove it, some *sshole (as if I can't guess who)
probably reported it as offensive. Here. http://www.harrysbar.it/ I
ate outside. http://i38.tinypic.com/2na5fyr.jpg

Old 26-09-2009, 08:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 Sep 2009 21:54:15 -0400, "Zeppo"
wrote:

SF,
Dang, that buffet looks familiar. Where are you staying in Rome? We stayed
in the Residentia Santa Maria in Travestere (couple years ago).

Pictures were great!

Thanks Jon! Here's where we are. http://www.hotelducadalba.com/ I
have no idea what district it's in.

Old 26-09-2009, 08:37 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 00:07:49 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"sf" wrote in message
.. .

I got those shots of the breakfast buffet for you!
Breakfast http://i38.tinypic.com/2vwh6yd.jpg
Breakfast http://i36.tinypic.com/262bhp4.jpg

Lunch was Saltimbocca alla Romana - the sage was under the prosciutto.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s23z8w.jpg

Everything is looking good. No mention of gelato yet though. Surely you
are not missing out on it are you?

Heh, we had some yesterday... staying away from it because hubby is
on a low fat kick. Just him having one beer daily is really something
for him. He's not a drinker to begin with, then with the possibility
of triggering gout and him not wanting to take allopurinol (sp) makes
it tough.

I'm not a big gelato (or ice cream) fan, but we did get some yesterday
and ate to the Trevi Fountain. http://i38.tinypic.com/rwny4o.jpg

Thanks for asking!

Old 26-09-2009, 12:40 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote in message
I'm not a big gelato (or ice cream) fan, but we did get some yesterday
and ate to the Trevi Fountain. http://i38.tinypic.com/rwny4o.jpg

Thanks for asking!

You're welcome. What did you think of the Trevi? My wife was disappointed
as she expected something much larger from what she saw in the movie (Three
Coins)

Old 26-09-2009, 02:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Tinypuke removed that one. :-(

Tinypic didn't remove it, some *sshole (as if I can't guess who)
probably reported it as offensive. Here. http://www.harrysbar.it/ I
ate outside. http://i38.tinypic.com/2na5fyr.jpg

I know I just woke up but ... someone reported one of these?
I must be missing something ... and I want to know what!

nancy
Old 26-09-2009, 02:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Tinypuke removed that one. :-(

Tinypic didn't remove it, some *sshole (as if I can't guess who)
probably reported it as offensive. Here. http://www.harrysbar.it/ I
ate outside. http://i38.tinypic.com/2na5fyr.jpg

I know I just woke up but ... someone reported one of these? I must be
missing something ... and I want to know what!

I thought she menat the penis pasta.

Old 26-09-2009, 09:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Tinypuke removed that one. :-(

Tinypic didn't remove it, some *sshole (as if I can't guess who)
probably reported it as offensive. Here. http://www.harrysbar.it/ I
ate outside. http://i38.tinypic.com/2na5fyr.jpg

I know I just woke up but ... someone reported one of these? I must be
missing something ... and I want to know what!

I thought she menat the penis pasta.

Nope, it was the Harry's Bar sign photo.

Old 26-09-2009, 09:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 07:40:40 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"sf" wrote in message
I'm not a big gelato (or ice cream) fan, but we did get some yesterday
and ate to the Trevi Fountain. http://i38.tinypic.com/rwny4o.jpg

Thanks for asking!

You're welcome. What did you think of the Trevi? My wife was disappointed
as she expected something much larger from what she saw in the movie (Three
Coins)

I KNOW!!!! Hubby was talking about how big the movie made the
surrounding area seem. I've only seen the movie once, so I wasn't
disappointed. What disappointed me was the Spanish Steps. I didn't
have a preconception... but I heard it was very popular and hubby
hyped it up to me. When I got there, there were lots of people
sitting on stairs and I couldn't figure out why. It's nothing special
AFAIC. We continued onto the Borghese Gallery.

We went to the Navona Piazza (among other things) today. It had all
the hustle and bustle, restaurants, shops, entertainment etc that I
expected at Trevi... and there was another piazza just a block away
with everything it had except there was no leftist rally.

Old 27-09-2009, 01:15 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sep 25, 8:54*pm, "Zeppo" wrote:
"sf" wrote in message

I got those shots of the breakfast buffet for you!
Breakfast *http://i38.tinypic.com/2vwh6yd.jpg
Breakfast *http://i36.tinypic.com/262bhp4.jpg

Lunch was Saltimbocca alla Romana - the sage was under the prosciutto.
http://i37.tinypic.com/s23z8w.jpg

Dinner was at - *http://i37.tinypic.com/20js*Unfortunately, the
pictures were just as cruddy as my lunch pic, so I won't inflict them
on you.

Long day, did and saw a lot. *Need to rest now. *Nighters!

SF,
Dang, that buffet looks familiar. Where are you staying in Rome? We stayed
in the Residentia Santa Maria in Travestere (couple years ago).

Pictures were great!

Have fun,
Jon

What's in that bottle with the yellow label and top? It's right next
to the Tabasco bottle on the first breakfast shot. It looks for all
the world like Kitchen Bouquet! Do you remember or can anyone else
tell what it is?
Lynn in Fargo
"enquiring minds want to know . . . "

Restaurants in Rome iClaudio General Cooking 8 29-09-2015 10:22 PM
Rome sf[_19_] General Cooking 313 10-10-2009 06:20 PM
Rome - day 2 sf[_19_] General Cooking 28 30-09-2009 04:35 PM
Restaur-art in Rome Federina General Cooking 0 22-09-2008 12:17 PM
Eating out in Rome (Italy) rie Restaurants 3 18-12-2003 07:49 PM