Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_19_] sf[_19_] is offline

Default Rome Day 3

On Sat, 26 Sep 2009 07:40:40 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"sf" > wrote in message
>> I'm not a big gelato (or ice cream) fan, but we did get some yesterday
>> and ate to the Trevi Fountain. http://i38.tinypic.com/rwny4o.jpg
>>
>> Thanks for asking!

>You're welcome. What did you think of the Trevi? My wife was disappointed
>as she expected something much larger from what she saw in the movie (Three
>Coins)

I KNOW!!!! Hubby was talking about how big the movie made the
surrounding area seem. I've only seen the movie once, so I wasn't
disappointed. What disappointed me was the Spanish Steps. I didn't
have a preconception... but I heard it was very popular and hubby
hyped it up to me. When I got there, there were lots of people
sitting on stairs and I couldn't figure out why. It's nothing special
AFAIC. We continued onto the Borghese Gallery.

We went to the Navona Piazza (among other things) today. It had all
the hustle and bustle, restaurants, shops, entertainment etc that I
expected at Trevi... and there was another piazza just a block away
with everything it had except there was no leftist rally.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.