Old 25-05-2007, 10:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Restaurant owner to teach kids' classes on table manners

It's too bad that large numbers of parents are so dysfunctional that this
becomes necessary.

http://tinyurl.com/3bngfu

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 25-05-2007, 11:02 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg said...

It's too bad that large numbers of parents are so dysfunctional that this
becomes necessary.

http://tinyurl.com/3bngfu

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding! How can you have any
pudding if you don't eat your meat?"
--School Teacher
"The Wall"
Pink Floyd

Old 25-05-2007, 11:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
It's too bad that large numbers of parents are so dysfunctional that this
becomes necessary.

http://tinyurl.com/3bngfu

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Now and then we see young mother breast feeding in a restaurant, recently,
in a very high buck restaurant. I think for most of us that's pretty
tasteless.

I've considered printing up bunch of business cards presenting myself as a
teacher of "effective parenting".

Kent

Old 26-05-2007, 12:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kent wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
It's too bad that large numbers of parents are so dysfunctional that this
becomes necessary.

http://tinyurl.com/3bngfu

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Now and then we see young mother breast feeding in a restaurant, recently,
in a very high buck restaurant. I think for most of us that's pretty
tasteless.

Feeding a child in a restaurant is not tasteless.

Serene
Old 26-05-2007, 01:26 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:

It's too bad that large numbers of parents are so dysfunctional that this
becomes necessary.

All they need to so is to teach the parents not to bring their kids into a
restaurant unless know how to behave in public.

Old 26-05-2007, 01:28 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kent wrote:

Now and then we see young mother breast feeding in a restaurant, recently,
in a very high buck restaurant. I think for most of us that's pretty
tasteless.

And the problem is?
Breast feeding is quite natural and most mothers are quite discreet about
it. It's not like they are flapping their books out for all to see.
Old 26-05-2007, 03:42 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

... It's not like they are flapping their books out for all to
see.

Especially those Stephen King paperbacks. ;-)

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 26-05-2007, 06:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kent wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in message
It's too bad that large numbers of parents are so dysfunctional that
this becomes necessary.

http://tinyurl.com/3bngfu

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Now and then we see young mother breast feeding in a restaurant,
recently, in a very high buck restaurant. I think for most of us
that's pretty tasteless.

What does that have to do with this article? There was no mention of
breastfeeding in public.

Old 26-05-2007, 07:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

There is a time and place for everything- urinating, defecating and having
sex are all quite natural and yet we don't do them in full public view- why
should breastfeeding be any different?

Old 26-05-2007, 07:17 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Frankcar wrote:
There is a time and place for everything- urinating, defecating and having
sex are all quite natural and yet we don't do them in full public view- why
should breastfeeding be any different?

Because breastfeeding is not smelly, obscene, or an elimination
process. It's *feeding* a *person* -- something that's perfectly
appropriate in a restaurant.

Serene

Old 26-05-2007, 08:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
Frankcar wrote:
There is a time and place for everything- urinating, defecating and
having sex are all quite natural and yet we don't do them in full
public view- why should breastfeeding be any different?

Because breastfeeding is not smelly, obscene, or an elimination
process. It's *feeding* a *person* -- something that's perfectly
appropriate in a restaurant.

Serene

Yes, the process *is* natural. But with some women it's almost like they
are defying you to object to them breast feeding so they make a big point of
letting you know they are doing it, in a public place. I really don't care
to look at some woman's boob when I'm waiting to be seated for dinner.
There are ways to do it discreetly and there are also restrooms with chairs
and benches. Or they could just use a breast-pump and bring a bottle for
the kid.

Jill

Old 26-05-2007, 08:19 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 25 May 2007 23:17:05 -0700, Serene
wrote:

Frankcar wrote:
There is a time and place for everything- urinating, defecating and having
sex are all quite natural and yet we don't do them in full public view- why
should breastfeeding be any different?

Because breastfeeding is not smelly, obscene, or an elimination
process. It's *feeding* a *person* -- something that's perfectly
appropriate in a restaurant.

There is obtrusive and unobtrusive breastfeeding too. J.Q. Public
doesn't want a full on view of any baby at the snack bar.

sf
who managed it in public - undetected

--
See return address to reply by email
Old 26-05-2007, 01:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Frankcar wrote:

There is a time and place for everything- urinating, defecating and having
sex are all quite natural and yet we don't do them in full public view- why
should breastfeeding be any different?

Breast FEEDING.
It is not the same as urination or defecation.
Old 26-05-2007, 01:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Frankcar" wrote in message
. ..
There is a time and place for everything- urinating, defecating and having
sex are all quite natural and yet we don't do them in full public view-
why should breastfeeding be any different?

I knew a guy that would not eat in public. He thought it was on the same
plane as urinating or other private body functions. We'd all be eating pizza
together and he'd be off in another place by himself to eat.
]
OTOH, I've no objection to breast feeding at any time. We are about the
only animal that shuns such a normal practice that has been practiced for
millions of years. Until fairly recent times, it was imperative that we did
so to assure survival.

Old 26-05-2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

Yes, the process *is* natural. But with some women it's almost like they
are defying you to object to them breast feeding so they make a big point of
letting you know they are doing it, in a public place. I really don't care
to look at some woman's boob when I'm waiting to be seated for dinner.
There are ways to do it discreetly and there are also restrooms with chairs
and benches. Or they could just use a breast-pump and bring a bottle for
the kid.

Almost everyone that I have noticed doing it has been discrete. I can only
think of one exception. It was in a small park in in the waterfront area of
a large city. There was a grassy knoll and a woman was seated right at the
very top of it, dressed in a skimpy gold lamee bikini was breast feeding a
large baby. It was such a ridiculous sight that it was comical.

Inconvenient truth to teach kids about sugar [email protected] General Cooking 5 14-02-2014 07:00 PM
When to teach Kids Knife Skills? RT General Cooking 123 12-04-2007 08:37 PM
When to teach Kids Knife Skills? Sharon[_1_] General Cooking 1 10-04-2007 04:23 PM
table manners Rescue General Cooking 39 01-03-2006 03:56 AM
Table manners kalanamak General Cooking 103 30-03-2005 04:53 AM