Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown jmcquown is offline

Default Restaurant owner to teach kids' classes on table manners

Serene wrote:
> Frankcar wrote:
>> There is a time and place for everything- urinating, defecating and
>> having sex are all quite natural and yet we don't do them in full
>> public view- why should breastfeeding be any different?

> Because breastfeeding is not smelly, obscene, or an elimination
> process. It's *feeding* a *person* -- something that's perfectly
> appropriate in a restaurant.
>
> Serene

Yes, the process *is* natural. But with some women it's almost like they
are defying you to object to them breast feeding so they make a big point of
letting you know they are doing it, in a public place. I really don't care
to look at some woman's boob when I'm waiting to be seated for dinner.
There are ways to do it discreetly and there are also restrooms with chairs
and benches. Or they could just use a breast-pump and bring a bottle for
the kid.

Jill