EwwHww

Default Any good diet drinks using Splenda with NO caffeine?

Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks with
caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well. So, I am
looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no caffeine. Can't use
nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I don't care for it.

Thanks,
ewwhww

Tiger Lily

Diet Pepsi Caffiene free

available at your grocery........ or ask them for
it if they don't carry it yet

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"EwwHww" > wrote in message
> Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine

than most other drinks with
> caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't

mix too well. So, I am
> looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and

no caffeine. Can't use
> nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I

don't care for it.

> Thanks,
> ewwhww

None Given

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> Diet Pepsi Caffiene free

I thought Diet Pepsi had aspertame, not splenda

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

None Given

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> Diet Pepsi Caffiene free

I thought Diet Pepsi had aspertame, not splenda

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

EwwHww

Tiger Lily wrote:
> Diet Pepsi Caffiene free
>
> available at your grocery........ or ask them for
> it if they don't carry it yet
>
> kate

Thanks Kate. At the stores in Fort Worth, the only Diet Pepsi that is
caffeine free uses Aspartame, and I can't have that.

Wayne

Tiger Lily

oops.... yes it uses aspartame

why can't you use it? :-(

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk
More info: http://www.diabetic-talk.org/
http://www.diabetic-talk.org/freeveggies.htm
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own
experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience
can be
an expensive teacher.

"EwwHww" > wrote in message
news
> Tiger Lily wrote:
> > Diet Pepsi Caffiene free
> >
> > available at your grocery........ or ask them

for
> > it if they don't carry it yet
> >
> > kate
> >

> Thanks Kate. At the stores in Fort Worth, the

only Diet Pepsi that is
> caffeine free uses Aspartame, and I can't have

that.

> Wayne

EwwHww

Tiger Lily wrote:
> oops.... yes it uses aspartame
>
> why can't you use it? :-(
>
> kate

It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes better,
IMO.

Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html

and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html

ewwhww

Aaron

EwwHww wrote:
> Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks with
> caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well. So, I am
> looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no caffeine. Can't use
> nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I don't care for it.
>
> Thanks,
> ewwhww

http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/su...e_products.htm

I do not claim to know this person's stand on Splenda (Dr. Joseph
Mercola) I merely did a google search for "splenda carbonated beverage"
and picked a site that did not blatantly call it poison. There was
another that was the exact same list (who ripped off whom??) with skulls
and cross bones.

BTW, I use Splenda and like it.

--
I'm glad my Mom named me Aaron,
That's what everybody calls me.

I dye my hair so much my driver's license
has a color wheel. Nancy Mura
DLynch

go for diet rite, sweetened with splenda, fruit flavors have no caffiene.

"EwwHww" > wrote in message
> Tiger Lily wrote:
>> oops.... yes it uses aspartame
>>
>> why can't you use it? :-(
>>
>> kate
>>

> It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes
> better, IMO.
>
> Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html
>
> and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html
>
> ewwhww

EwwHww

DLynch wrote:
> go for diet rite, sweetened with splenda, fruit flavors have no
> caffiene.

Thank you very much. Will do.

EwwHww

Aaron wrote:
> EwwHww wrote:
>> Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks
>> with caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well.
>> So, I am looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no
>> caffeine. Can't use nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I
>> don't care for it. Thanks,
>> ewwhww

> http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/su...e_products.htm
>
> I do not claim to know this person's stand on Splenda (Dr. Joseph
> Mercola) I merely did a google search for "splenda carbonated
> beverage" and picked a site that did not blatantly call it poison.
> There was another that was the exact same list (who ripped off
> whom??) with skulls and cross bones.
>
> BTW, I use Splenda and like it.

Me 2.

Langerhans

EwwHww wrote:

> It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes better,
> IMO.
>
> Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html
>
> and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html
>
> ewwhww

Look for Pepsi One. It always used a mix of aspartame and acesulfame-k,
and strangely tasted like sugared Coke to me. Recent new formulation is
ace-k and splenda. While I love splenda, the old Pepsi-1 tasted better
to me. Worth a try, though.
EwwHww

Langerhans wrote:
> EwwHww wrote:
>>
>> It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes
>> better, IMO.
>>
>> Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html
>>
>> and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html
>>
>> ewwhww
>>

> Look for Pepsi One. It always used a mix of aspartame and
> acesulfame-k, and strangely tasted like sugared Coke to me. Recent
> new formulation is ace-k and splenda. While I love splenda, the old
> Pepsi-1 tasted better to me. Worth a try, though.

Pepsi One has more caffeine than Mountain Dew. I have high blood pressure,
so... You know.

Wayne

EwwHww

Langerhans wrote:
> EwwHww wrote:
>>
>> It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes
>> better, IMO.
>>
>> Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html
>>
>> and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html
>>
>> ewwhww
>>

> Look for Pepsi One. It always used a mix of aspartame and
> acesulfame-k, and strangely tasted like sugared Coke to me. Recent
> new formulation is ace-k and splenda. While I love splenda, the old
> Pepsi-1 tasted better to me. Worth a try, though.

Pepsi One has more caffeine than Mountain Dew. I have high blood pressure,
so... You know.

Wayne

Alan S

On Sun, 1 May 2005 21:33:05 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>DLynch wrote:
>> go for diet rite, sweetened with splenda, fruit flavors have no
>> caffiene.

>Thank you very much. Will do.

Do what you like - but the nonsense written about aspartame
is exactly that - nonsense.

You are severely limiting your food sources as a diabetic.
Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
are over-indulging significantly.

You have entered a new game on a new playing field. All bets
are off, you're starting from square one.

Lose your pre-conceptions, start with an open mind. Most of
the things you have been told about fats, carbs, alcohol,
diet, sweeteners, supplements etc over the earlier part of
your life were wrong.

But don't believe me. Do some research of your own, using
Medscape, Highwire, Google Scholar, and your own body.

Also check out subjects like sweeteners, herbals,
supplements etc on Snopes.com, quackwatch.com and similar
sites.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.

Alan S

On Sun, 1 May 2005 21:33:05 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>DLynch wrote:
>> go for diet rite, sweetened with splenda, fruit flavors have no
>> caffiene.

>Thank you very much. Will do.

Do what you like - but the nonsense written about aspartame
is exactly that - nonsense.

You are severely limiting your food sources as a diabetic.
Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
are over-indulging significantly.

You have entered a new game on a new playing field. All bets
are off, you're starting from square one.

Lose your pre-conceptions, start with an open mind. Most of
the things you have been told about fats, carbs, alcohol,
diet, sweeteners, supplements etc over the earlier part of
your life were wrong.

But don't believe me. Do some research of your own, using
Medscape, Highwire, Google Scholar, and your own body.

Also check out subjects like sweeteners, herbals,
supplements etc on Snopes.com, quackwatch.com and similar
sites.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Alan S

On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:58:59 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>Langerhans wrote:
>> EwwHww wrote:
>>>
>>> It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes
>>> better, IMO.
>>>
>>> Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html
>>>
>>> and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html
>>>
>>> ewwhww
>>>

>> Look for Pepsi One. It always used a mix of aspartame and
>> acesulfame-k, and strangely tasted like sugared Coke to me. Recent
>> new formulation is ace-k and splenda. While I love splenda, the old
>> Pepsi-1 tasted better to me. Worth a try, though.

>Pepsi One has more caffeine than Mountain Dew. I have high blood pressure,
>so... You know.
>

>Wayne

Hi Wayne

Try a different slant. Forget, for the moment, why you have
high BP or what foods may (or may not) make it worse.

What are you doing to make it better? Diet (how)? Exercise?
Meds? Aspirin? Red Wine?

What did your doc recoommend you do, as against what you
shouldn't do?

The whole diet and drink controversy gets overheated
focussing on specific things, like caffeine, alcohol, sugar,
fats etc as "causing problems"; then we get an over-reaction
as people cut back obsessively on those substances.

Moderation is the name of the game. Neither too much, nor
too little. Extremes are the killer.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
Siobhan Perricone

On Sun, 1 May 2005 16:08:05 -0500, "EwwHww" > wrote:

>Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks with
>caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well. So, I am
>looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no caffeine. Can't use
>nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I don't care for it.

All the flavours of Diet Rite soda use splenda and have no caffeine
(including their cola). Also, in our supermarket, they have fizzy,
flavoured, bottled water that uses splenda. We buy a lot of those. I think
Walmart has fizzy flavoured water that also uses splenda.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:06:42 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>are over-indulging significantly.

Alan, Caffeine is a psychotropic in the same class as cocaine. *Some*
people react badly to it. I happen to be one who does. It also does
interact with some drugs and so it is suggested that people stop drinking
caffeinated drinks while on those meds.

Since you're not a qualfied doctor, perhaps you should be a little more
careful about what you tell people to "not get too excited" about.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
- Holly Near
Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:58:22 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>Try a different slant. Forget, for the moment, why you have
>high BP or what foods may (or may not) make it worse.
>
>What are you doing to make it better? Diet (how)? Exercise?
>Meds? Aspirin? Red Wine?
>
>What did your doc recoommend you do, as against what you
>shouldn't do?

Where did you get your medical degree, Alan?

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
- Holly Near

EwwHww

Siobhan Perricone wrote:
> On Sun, 1 May 2005 16:08:05 -0500, "EwwHww" >
> wrote:
>
>> Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks
>> with caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well.
>> So, I am looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no
>> caffeine. Can't use nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I
>> don't care for it.

> All the flavours of Diet Rite soda use splenda and have no caffeine
> (including their cola). Also, in our supermarket, they have fizzy,
> flavoured, bottled water that uses splenda. We buy a lot of those. I
> think Walmart has fizzy flavoured water that also uses splenda.

Thank you. I have a Walmarts near me. I know about the Canada Dry drinks
that have just a dab of fruit flavor but no sweetners of any kind. they are
pretty tasty. But, I do enjoy a cola once in a while, and Diet Rite sounds
like just what the doctor ordered.

ewwhww

Alan S

On Mon, 02 May 2005 10:53:14 GMT, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

>On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:58:22 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:
>
>>Try a different slant. Forget, for the moment, why you have
>>high BP or what foods may (or may not) make it worse.
>>
>>What are you doing to make it better? Diet (how)? Exercise?
>>Meds? Aspirin? Red Wine?
>>
>>What did your doc recoommend you do, as against what you
>>shouldn't do?

>Where did you get your medical degree, Alan?

Hullo Siobhan

I didn't, never pretended to be qualified, and don't pretend
to now.

I presume you snipped that particular bit to show some sort
of emphasis. All I see is a series of questions, no
diagnoses, no prescriptions. I have no qualms in suggesting
that patients ask questions of their doctors about their
treatment.

I seem to have got up your nose with my other comment on
caffeine. You've made some personal anecdotal comments,
would you care to back them up with some cites or support?

I replied to Wayne earlier on a.s.d., which you don't post
on. In that reply I said:

"You've come to the right place, but remember that this is
an unmoderated newsgroup. Be careful who you listen to.
Including me:-)"

He will also have read the sig that I use below. I'm sure
you've seen me use it before too. Incidentally, I like your
sig.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
--
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
an expensive teacher.

Alan S

On Mon, 02 May 2005 10:52:13 GMT, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

>On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:06:42 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:
>
>>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>>are over-indulging significantly.

>Alan, Caffeine is a psychotropic in the same class as cocaine. *Some*
>people react badly to it. I happen to be one who does. It also does
>interact with some drugs and so it is suggested that people stop drinking
>caffeinated drinks while on those meds.
>
>Since you're not a qualfied doctor, perhaps you should be a little more
>careful about what you tell people to "not get too excited" about.

Hullo Siobhan

We all three know I'm not a doctor.

He said "Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too
well" and, later "Pepsi One has more caffeine than Mountain
Dew. I have high blood pressure, so... You know. "

Nowhere in there did he mention other problems from
caffeine, nor whether his concerns come from medical advice
or his own belief. Nor has he mentioned the volume of drink
involved. He may be unable to ingest caffeine, but he didn't
put it that way.

For me to say "don't get too excited about caffeine unless
you are over-indulging significantly" is hardly dramatic
medical advice. You have a problem - don't presume that
others have. I made a cautionary comment; repeatedly we
advise people on usenet to check everything said here with
their doctor.

You could have approached this dispassionately with a
contrary opinion - or with a personal attack, as you have.

Have I done something in the past to upset you on a personal
basis? If so, I don't remember it.

Alan, T2, Australia.

Alan S

On Mon, 02 May 2005 10:52:13 GMT, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

>On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:06:42 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:
>
>>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>>are over-indulging significantly.

>Alan, Caffeine is a psychotropic in the same class as cocaine. *Some*
>people react badly to it. I happen to be one who does. It also does
>interact with some drugs and so it is suggested that people stop drinking
>caffeinated drinks while on those meds.
>
>Since you're not a qualfied doctor, perhaps you should be a little more
>careful about what you tell people to "not get too excited" about.

Hullo Siobhan

We all three know I'm not a doctor.

He said "Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too
well" and, later "Pepsi One has more caffeine than Mountain
Dew. I have high blood pressure, so... You know. "

Nowhere in there did he mention other problems from
caffeine, nor whether his concerns come from medical advice
or his own belief. Nor has he mentioned the volume of drink
involved. He may be unable to ingest caffeine, but he didn't
put it that way.

For me to say "don't get too excited about caffeine unless
you are over-indulging significantly" is hardly dramatic
medical advice. You have a problem - don't presume that
others have. I made a cautionary comment; repeatedly we
advise people on usenet to check everything said here with
their doctor.

You could have approached this dispassionately with a
contrary opinion - or with a personal attack, as you have.

Have I done something in the past to upset you on a personal
basis? If so, I don't remember it.

Alan, T2, Australia.

Jennifer

I love the Diet Rite cola.

Even over Pepsi and Coke.

It is caffiene free and uses Splenda. Tastes great to my taste buds!

Jennifer

EwwHww wrote:
> Siobhan Perricone wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 1 May 2005 16:08:05 -0500, "EwwHww" >
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks
>>>with caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well.
>>>So, I am looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no
>>>caffeine. Can't use nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I
>>>don't care for it.

>>All the flavours of Diet Rite soda use splenda and have no caffeine
>>(including their cola). Also, in our supermarket, they have fizzy,
>>flavoured, bottled water that uses splenda. We buy a lot of those. I
>>think Walmart has fizzy flavoured water that also uses splenda.

> Thank you. I have a Walmarts near me. I know about the Canada Dry drinks
> that have just a dab of fruit flavor but no sweetners of any kind. they are
> pretty tasty. But, I do enjoy a cola once in a while, and Diet Rite sounds
> like just what the doctor ordered.
>

> ewwhww

EwwHww

DLynch wrote:
> go for diet rite, sweetened with splenda, fruit flavors have no
> caffiene.

I just had my first Diet Rite cola. Wow, it is great. Thank you for the
heads up on this. Later I will try each and every variety of their other
flavored drinks.

Thanks again,
ewwhww

EwwHww

Siobhan Perricone wrote:
> On Sun, 1 May 2005 16:08:05 -0500, "EwwHww" >
> wrote:
>
>> Just learned that Pepsi One has more caffeine than most other drinks
>> with caffeine. Caffeine and high blood pressure don't mix too well.
>> So, I am looking for a good soft drink using Splenda and no
>> caffeine. Can't use nutra-sweet as it gives me the gitters, and I
>> don't care for it.

> All the flavours of Diet Rite soda use splenda and have no caffeine
> (including their cola). Also, in our supermarket, they have fizzy,
> flavoured, bottled water that uses splenda. We buy a lot of those. I
> think Walmart has fizzy flavoured water that also uses splenda.

I just tried it, and I love it. thanks.

ewwhww

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom."
"Love your neighbor as you love yourself."
"Render good for evil, and blessings for cursings."
"Love your enemies."

RR

Jennifer > wrote:

>I love the Diet Rite cola.
>
>Even over Pepsi and Coke.
>
>It is caffiene free and uses Splenda. Tastes great to my taste buds!
>
>Jennifer

Any idea which company bottles (cans) this stuff? Can't say as I've
ever seen it in stores in my area (Southern Ontario, Canada).
The only Splenda sweetened soft drinks I can find are Crush Orange and
Crush Cream Soda by Cadbury Beverages. I'm not big on cream soda so it
really limits me.
Ross
To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.
Sherry

Langerhans > wrote in
:

<snip>

> Look for Pepsi One. It always used a mix of aspartame and
> acesulfame-k, and strangely tasted like sugared Coke to me. Recent
> new formulation is ace-k and splenda. While I love splenda, the old
> Pepsi-1 tasted better to me. Worth a try, though.

It's been so long since I've had a sugared soda, I wouldn't know what
one tastes like!

I like the bubbly aspect of a soda, like well mixed fountain sodas over
bottles or cans and bottles have a different taste than cans. Can't
figure out why that would be. I think they're a little more bubbly.

Love good clear sparkling mineral water with no sweeteners!

Sherry
Sherry

Aaron > wrote in

<snip>

> http://www.mercola.com/2000/dec/3/su...e_products.htm
>
> I do not claim to know this person's stand on Splenda (Dr. Joseph
> Mercola) I merely did a google search for "splenda carbonated
> beverage" and picked a site that did not blatantly call it poison.
> There was another that was the exact same list (who ripped off
> whom??) with skulls and cross bones.
>
> BTW, I use Splenda and like it.

Cracks me up - aspartame is poison, splenda is poison, sugar is
poison.... ye gads! Maybe all soft drinks should have a skull & cross
bones on them <g>

Of course, there's nothing like a good clean glass of water - if it's
not polluted (and most water, including bottled, has some unhealthy
chemicals in it!)

Sherry

EwwHww

RR wrote:
> Jennifer > wrote:
>
>> I love the Diet Rite cola.
>>
>> Even over Pepsi and Coke.
>>
>> It is caffiene free and uses Splenda. Tastes great to my taste buds!
>>
>> Jennifer
>>

> Any idea which company bottles (cans) this stuff? Can't say as I've
> ever seen it in stores in my area (Southern Ontario, Canada).
> The only Splenda sweetened soft drinks I can find are Crush Orange and
> Crush Cream Soda by Cadbury Beverages. I'm not big on cream soda so it
> really limits me.
> Ross
> To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.

It is made by R.C. Cola company, the same company that makes RC. You
remember back in the 60's when it was popular to have an RC and a Moonpie?

Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:56:43 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>>>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>>>are over-indulging significantly.

>>Alan, Caffeine is a psychotropic in the same class as cocaine. *Some*
>>people react badly to it. I happen to be one who does. It also does
>>interact with some drugs and so it is suggested that people stop drinking
>>caffeinated drinks while on those meds.
>>
>>Since you're not a qualfied doctor, perhaps you should be a little more
>>careful about what you tell people to "not get too excited" about.
>>

>For me to say "don't get too excited about caffeine unless
>you are over-indulging significantly" is hardly dramatic
>medical advice.

>You could have approached this dispassionately with a
>contrary opinion - or with a personal attack, as you have.

What personal attack is that?

I did approach the point I was trying to make dispassionately.

My point was that even "mild" advice such as you stated is still
unqualified medical advice and I *suggested* (note the usage of the word
"perhaps") that it might be better to be more careful about saying such
things in the future. In no part of my post (which I have included in its
entirety here) did I say one negative thing about you, personally. Unless
disagreeing with you and implying by my suggestion that you might have been
less that completely careful is somehow an insult?

I further add that I have not gotten at all personal in my reply to you.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
- Holly Near
Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:56:43 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>>>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>>>are over-indulging significantly.

>>Alan, Caffeine is a psychotropic in the same class as cocaine. *Some*
>>people react badly to it. I happen to be one who does. It also does
>>interact with some drugs and so it is suggested that people stop drinking
>>caffeinated drinks while on those meds.
>>
>>Since you're not a qualfied doctor, perhaps you should be a little more
>>careful about what you tell people to "not get too excited" about.
>>

>For me to say "don't get too excited about caffeine unless
>you are over-indulging significantly" is hardly dramatic
>medical advice.

>You could have approached this dispassionately with a
>contrary opinion - or with a personal attack, as you have.

What personal attack is that?

I did approach the point I was trying to make dispassionately.

My point was that even "mild" advice such as you stated is still
unqualified medical advice and I *suggested* (note the usage of the word
"perhaps") that it might be better to be more careful about saying such
things in the future. In no part of my post (which I have included in its
entirety here) did I say one negative thing about you, personally. Unless
disagreeing with you and implying by my suggestion that you might have been
less that completely careful is somehow an insult?

I further add that I have not gotten at all personal in my reply to you.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
- Holly Near
Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:56:43 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>>On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:06:42 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:
>>
>>>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>>>are over-indulging significantly.

And since you're being snarky about this, I'll point out that this comment
in no way helps the OP but rather answers a question that the OP didn't
even ask through implication. You decided that the OP was ignorant and
needed to be better informed (instead of just answering his question) and
flat out *told* him not to worry about caffeine.

Your entire post was one order after another directing the OP on how to
choose what to drink and why. You didn't ask if he'd been advised by his
doctor to stop drinking caffeine, you assumed he was listening to some
idiot advice about the "dangers" of aspartame or caffeine, when previous
posts clearly indicated he simply didn't like the taste of it, and he
didn't like how he felt when he drank it.

And no, pet, you've not done anything to me personally, my first response
to you was a mild attempt at tilting your windmill. This post is a stronger
go at your windmill.

It is a peeve of mine that people on usenet don't *answer the damn
question*, and instead tend to go off on the OP, pontificating,
proselytizing, and advising. You didn't answer his question at all, you
instead assumed that all of his decisions were just wrong, and proceeded to
tell him so.

So no, nothing personal unless you think my dislike of posts that don't
actually answer the questions posted says something about you (little hint
here, it doesn't), or you think that there's something somehow "wrong"
about not answering the question.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
- Holly Near
Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:56:43 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>>On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:06:42 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:
>>
>>>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>>>are over-indulging significantly.

And since you're being snarky about this, I'll point out that this comment
in no way helps the OP but rather answers a question that the OP didn't
even ask through implication. You decided that the OP was ignorant and
needed to be better informed (instead of just answering his question) and
flat out *told* him not to worry about caffeine.

Your entire post was one order after another directing the OP on how to
choose what to drink and why. You didn't ask if he'd been advised by his
doctor to stop drinking caffeine, you assumed he was listening to some
idiot advice about the "dangers" of aspartame or caffeine, when previous
posts clearly indicated he simply didn't like the taste of it, and he
didn't like how he felt when he drank it.

And no, pet, you've not done anything to me personally, my first response
to you was a mild attempt at tilting your windmill. This post is a stronger
go at your windmill.

It is a peeve of mine that people on usenet don't *answer the damn
question*, and instead tend to go off on the OP, pontificating,
proselytizing, and advising. You didn't answer his question at all, you
instead assumed that all of his decisions were just wrong, and proceeded to
tell him so.

So no, nothing personal unless you think my dislike of posts that don't
actually answer the questions posted says something about you (little hint
here, it doesn't), or you think that there's something somehow "wrong"
about not answering the question.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh
I ain't afraid of your Allah
I ain't afraid of your Jesus
I'm afraid of what ya do in the name of your god"
- Holly Near

Alan S

On Tue, 03 May 2005 11:14:29 GMT, Siobhan Perricone
> wrote:

>And since you're being snarky about this,

Interesting word, but translation is not required.

OK. Pax. At least from this end.

You've made your points, I've made mine. We probably agree
on some things, I can agree to disagree on others.

If I think I can assist by offering more info more than was
asked, I still will. If you think that was presumptuous,
you'll probably still tell me. I rarely just post for the
OP, often for the lurkers.

If you want to keep going - up to you. I'm happy to stop
here.

Alan

Jennifer

Maybe you could ask or find out he

http://www.dietrite.com/index.aspx

Jennifer

RR

RR > wrote:

>Any idea which company bottles (cans) this stuff? Can't say as I've
>ever seen it in stores in my area (Southern Ontario, Canada).
>The only Splenda sweetened soft drinks I can find are Crush Orange and
>Crush Cream Soda by Cadbury Beverages. I'm not big on cream soda so it
>really limits me.
>Ross

Following up my own post ;-).

I was in Sam's Club yesterday where I found a Nestlé Pure Life product
called Splash which comes in four fruit flavours. 0 carbs, 0 calories,
0 caffeine. http://www.nestle-purelife.ca/engl/home.htm
Thirty two 500ml bottles for CDN $12.73, 8 bottles of each flavour.
The label says it's "Naturally Fruit Flavoured Water Beverage" and in
smaller print elsewhere on the bottle it says "Contains No Juice".
That's tricky.
Rather expensive water but, I seem to have a real problem drinking
straight water and this stuff goes down OK so I'll see how it is after
32 bottles.

Ross

To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.
None Given

"RR" > wrote in message

> I was in Sam's Club yesterday where I found a Nestlé Pure Life product
> called Splash which comes in four fruit flavours. 0 carbs, 0 calories,
> 0 caffeine. http://www.nestle-purelife.ca/engl/home.htm
> Thirty two 500ml bottles for CDN $12.73, 8 bottles of each flavour.
> The label says it's "Naturally Fruit Flavoured Water Beverage" and in
> smaller print elsewhere on the bottle it says "Contains No Juice".
> That's tricky.
> Rather expensive water but, I seem to have a real problem drinking
> straight water and this stuff goes down OK so I'll see how it is after
> 32 bottles.

Walmart also has a flavored water, Clear America, IIRC. DH likes the black
cherry.

--
No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

Damsel

Siobhan Perricone > said:

>I've had some success getting my local supermarkets to carry Diet Rite. I
>just told them that I don't like aspartame, but I'd buy more soda if it had
>splenda, and suggested diet rite. Both of them are carrying it.

Hi Siobhan!

It pays to ask, doesn't it? I found out that I hate Diet Rite. I hope
that that won't be true of other Splenda-sweetened sodas as manufacturers
make the switch. My favorites right now are Diet A&W root beer and Diet
Orange Crush. On that rare occasion when I want a gin and sour, I'll grab
a 12-pack of Fresca.

Carol