Alan S

On Sun, 1 May 2005 22:58:59 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>Langerhans wrote:
>> EwwHww wrote:
>>>
>>> It gives me the gitters, and I don't like the taste. Splenda tastes
>>> better, IMO.
>>>
>>> Plus, go he http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-information.html
>>>
>>> and he http://www.321recipes.com/aspartame.html
>>>
>>> ewwhww
>>>

>> Look for Pepsi One. It always used a mix of aspartame and
>> acesulfame-k, and strangely tasted like sugared Coke to me. Recent
>> new formulation is ace-k and splenda. While I love splenda, the old
>> Pepsi-1 tasted better to me. Worth a try, though.

>Pepsi One has more caffeine than Mountain Dew. I have high blood pressure,
>so... You know.
>

>Wayne

Hi Wayne

Try a different slant. Forget, for the moment, why you have
high BP or what foods may (or may not) make it worse.

What are you doing to make it better? Diet (how)? Exercise?
Meds? Aspirin? Red Wine?

What did your doc recoommend you do, as against what you
shouldn't do?

The whole diet and drink controversy gets overheated
focussing on specific things, like caffeine, alcohol, sugar,
fats etc as "causing problems"; then we get an over-reaction
as people cut back obsessively on those substances.

Moderation is the name of the game. Neither too much, nor
too little. Extremes are the killer.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.