Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:56:43 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>>On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:06:42 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:
>>
>>>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>>>are over-indulging significantly.

And since you're being snarky about this, I'll point out that this comment
in no way helps the OP but rather answers a question that the OP didn't
even ask through implication. You decided that the OP was ignorant and
needed to be better informed (instead of just answering his question) and
flat out *told* him not to worry about caffeine.

Your entire post was one order after another directing the OP on how to
choose what to drink and why. You didn't ask if he'd been advised by his
doctor to stop drinking caffeine, you assumed he was listening to some
idiot advice about the "dangers" of aspartame or caffeine, when previous
posts clearly indicated he simply didn't like the taste of it, and he
didn't like how he felt when he drank it.

And no, pet, you've not done anything to me personally, my first response
to you was a mild attempt at tilting your windmill. This post is a stronger
go at your windmill.

It is a peeve of mine that people on usenet don't *answer the damn
question*, and instead tend to go off on the OP, pontificating,
proselytizing, and advising. You didn't answer his question at all, you
instead assumed that all of his decisions were just wrong, and proceeded to
tell him so.

So no, nothing personal unless you think my dislike of posts that don't
actually answer the questions posted says something about you (little hint
here, it doesn't), or you think that there's something somehow "wrong"
about not answering the question.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh