Siobhan Perricone

On Mon, 02 May 2005 22:56:43 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:

>>>Similarly, don't get too excited about caffeine unless you
>>>are over-indulging significantly.

>>Alan, Caffeine is a psychotropic in the same class as cocaine. *Some*
>>people react badly to it. I happen to be one who does. It also does
>>interact with some drugs and so it is suggested that people stop drinking
>>caffeinated drinks while on those meds.
>>
>>Since you're not a qualfied doctor, perhaps you should be a little more
>>careful about what you tell people to "not get too excited" about.
>>

>For me to say "don't get too excited about caffeine unless
>you are over-indulging significantly" is hardly dramatic
>medical advice.

>You could have approached this dispassionately with a
>contrary opinion - or with a personal attack, as you have.

What personal attack is that?

I did approach the point I was trying to make dispassionately.

My point was that even "mild" advice such as you stated is still
unqualified medical advice and I *suggested* (note the usage of the word
"perhaps") that it might be better to be more careful about saying such
things in the future. In no part of my post (which I have included in its
entirety here) did I say one negative thing about you, personally. Unless
disagreeing with you and implying by my suggestion that you might have been
less that completely careful is somehow an insult?

I further add that I have not gotten at all personal in my reply to you.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"I ain't afraid of your Yahweh