Old 17-11-2013, 06:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"BessieBee" wrote in message
On 11/11/2013 8:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Also seems incapable of heating up something that I have
prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*

A copy & paste from a post you made to this group on October 28, 2013 in
the 'fennel stalks' thread: "Well, nobody in this house will eat a stir
fry so that's out. But thanks!"

So, which is it?

Which is what? Nobody here likes stir fry. I have tried repeatedly to
serve them. We just do not like. And if there is something in there like a
sandwich which requires no heating, that's what he will eat first.

I asked about the vegetables because I thought perhaps there were some sort
of raw vegetable ideas that I hadn't thought of yet. He did eat the Chef
salad and two of the five small tubs of prepared salad.

And it really must suck to be you! If you have nothing better to do than to
look up my old posts and repost things out of context. I have no clue when
what that referred to. It was over a month ago.

And if your life is like that movie, Groundhog Day, where they keep reliving
the same day over and over again, it really must suck. Maybe we're the odd
ones out here but each and every day is different in this house and out of
it. What we eat and don't eat will change. Angela used to eat meat and now
she doesn't.

Husband is having various issues that I won't get into here. He can't eat
some foods that he might prefer to eat. He asked for vegetables. Which is
why I asked for suggestions. If I made him a stir fry, he wouldn't eat much
of it even if I cooked and served it to him. Just doesn't like that kind of
food.

Old 17-11-2013, 06:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

: Husband is having various issues that I won't get into here. He can't eat
: some foods that he might prefer to eat. He asked for vegetables. Which is
: why I asked for suggestions. If I made him a stir fry, he wouldn't eat much
: of it even if I cooked and served it to him. Just doesn't like that kind of
: food.

IIRC your husband liked pasta dishes. If he can eat tomatoes cna you make
him vegetables with Italian styoe tomato sauce? Try microwaved fresh
sringbeans sith a zippy sauce or broccoli, eggplant is also great, bu tuse
whatever vegetable he likes with teh sauce.

Wendy
Old 17-11-2013, 10:56 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Julie Bove wrote:

: Husband is having various issues that I won't get into here. He can't
eat
: some foods that he might prefer to eat. He asked for vegetables. Which
is
: why I asked for suggestions. If I made him a stir fry, he wouldn't eat
much
: of it even if I cooked and served it to him. Just doesn't like that
kind of
: food.

IIRC your husband liked pasta dishes. If he can eat tomatoes cna you make
him vegetables with Italian styoe tomato sauce? Try microwaved fresh
sringbeans sith a zippy sauce or broccoli, eggplant is also great, bu tuse
whatever vegetable he likes with teh sauce.

That is something I make all the time. He doesn't really like pasta though.
And I was looking for something he could eat when I'm not here. Chances are
he would never eat that.

Old 18-11-2013, 02:19 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:18:29 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:52:26 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.

She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

To troll. The sock puppets abound.

Cheri

I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

I am surprised that you are only here to abuse her. I try not to look inside
someone elses marriage because there are ALWAYS two sides to every story.

Cheri

It's not abuse to simply repeat what she has posted about her feelings
and her actions towards her husband.

Old 18-11-2013, 02:21 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:56:58 -0600, BessieBee
wrote:

On 11/11/2013 8:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
Also seems incapable of heating up something that I have
prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*

A copy & paste from a post you made to this group on October 28, 2013 in
the 'fennel stalks' thread: "Well, nobody in this house will eat a stir
fry so that's out. But thanks!"

So, which is it?

She also wrote she stir fries vegetables past their date i.e. wilted
and due for the dustbin. You can't cook bad food good.

Old 18-11-2013, 02:22 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:07:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:40:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.

She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

You have repeatedly stated in your blog posts why you keep him around
even though you do not love him. It has always come down to your lack
of finances.

I don't have blog posts and I have never stated why I keep him around. I do
not have a lack of finances. But I do not have a lot. And neither does he.
But he (like most males), has more than I do!

You have blogged about this quite a bit.

I am here because I feel like it. You don't like it? Oh well, it
won't kill you. And no-one here is ever going to seek your
permission.

Didn't say that they did.

Then why are you asking?

Old 18-11-2013, 02:25 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:08:43 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.

She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

To troll. The sock puppets abound.

Cheri

I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

You think I abuse my husband? Ha! I do his shopping and cooking and all
sorts of other things. That's abuse?

You really believe you do no harm to him?

Old 18-11-2013, 02:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:09:21 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.

She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

To troll. The sock puppets abound.

Cheri

I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

I am surprised that you are only here to abuse her. I try not to look
inside someone elses marriage because there are ALWAYS two sides to every
story.

Yes. And I am certainly not here to discuss my marriage.

Then stop bringing it up. You talk about it, and are shocked when it
is discussed?

Old 18-11-2013, 05:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:18:29 -0800, "Cheri"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.

She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

To troll. The sock puppets abound.

Cheri

I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

I am surprised that you are only here to abuse her. I try not to look
inside
someone elses marriage because there are ALWAYS two sides to every story.

Cheri

It's not abuse to simply repeat what she has posted about her feelings
and her actions towards her husband.

I posted my feelings here? I don't think so. And actions *against* him?
No. How is trying to find some sort of vegetable thing that he wants,
against him?

Today he said that he didn't want to eat cooked food. He wanted only hummus
and raw vegetables. I am pretty sure that he doesn't want raw hummus. It
can be made. I have made it. It is, akin to eating wallpaper paste, I
would assume.

Old 18-11-2013, 05:51 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:08:43 -0800, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"I Don't Know" wrote in message
It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.

She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

To troll. The sock puppets abound.

Cheri

I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

You think I abuse my husband? Ha! I do his shopping and cooking and all
sorts of other things. That's abuse?

You really believe you do no harm to him?

I have figured it out now. You are my husband. Pretending to be British
because you used the term, dustbin. Bwahahaha!