Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Vegetable/fruit ideas?

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie,
: >
: > Please let us know. Are you just complaining to get it off your chest or
: > are you asking for advice? Your post is not clear on that so we don't
: > knwo if we should just shut up and listen or should offer you some
: > suggestions if we have them.

: I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
: suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He won't eat
: hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5 different
: prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
: vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.

: Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either canned
: green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans either.
: Would not touch the bean relish that I made.

: We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
: out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I bought
: cottage cheese with pineapple.

: I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
: "difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it would
: help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong by not
: giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right food
: is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...

I would agree with you about his beign "difficult" about his food.
Unfortunately, I don't have any good suggestions for you, unless you just
tell him to buy and cook his own food, which, I fear, might lead to an
explosion.

Wendy