FoodBanter.com

-   -   Vegetable/fruit ideas? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/426312-vegetable-fruit-ideas.html)

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-11-2013 03:00 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

Frankly I am about ready to kick him to the curb over this but... Husband
is wanting fruit and vegetables and not the food I have been serving him,
which has been a wide variety of things. But... Always with a salad to
start, which he does not eat. Complaints range from not enough dressing to
too much dressing to that he wants real food and not that. *sigh* Of
course I have tried dressing on the side and changing dressings. He is no
help as to what dressing he will eat. I just try to give what he orders in
a restaurant.

I stopped buying fruit aside from what Angela and I eat because he just
wasn't eating it! We have a banana tree and I just threw out a bowl of
little apples and oranges. He said he didn't see them. Nor did he see the
grapes in the fridge. Or the pears. This after I had quit buying and he
insisted that he needed fruit.

I have thrown out countless kinds of raw veggies that Angela and I won't eat
or have tried to work them into a stir fry when they were a bit past their
prime, only to have him not eat them.

I have cut up raw veggies, bought hummus and other dips for him. He
complained that the dips had too much fat so I bought "light" or "lite" dip.
We always have bean dip in the house. All go uneaten. So do the pricey
little packages of cut up veggies and fruit with cheese cubes or a dip.
*sigh*

Any cooked foods that I leave in the fridge for him to eat, go uneaten
unless perhaps I am here to heat them up, but again he will usually
complain. He likes to eat what he calls "pops", frozen strawberry fruit
bars with HFCS in them, chips, cookies, muffins, sandwiches, etc. Seems no
matter what I serve him, this is what he resorts to. And if I don't have
these things in the house, he complains that I don't have them.

I rather feel like I am in a no win situation. But is there something I am
missing here? Angela and I have no problems getting our own food and much
of the time we do eat raw veggies. I have been on a bean tostada kick and
those things are super easy to make. I just microwave them. No cooking
involved. But he even complains about those because it isn't enough food
for him.

So is there something I am missing here? Is there some sort of food in the
fruit/veg category that I could just leave in the fridge for him? And that
he could serve himself? I have even tried the prepared fruit/veg trays.
The problem with those is that he either won't touch them or won't eat some
of the food they contain. Like tomatoes or blueberries. Sometimes he will
eat the cut up melon things. Sometimes not. But they have to come that
way. If I cut them up, he won't touch them. Also seems incapable of
heating up something that I have prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*

There is probably no answer for this but I thought I would try. Thanks!

W. Baker 12-11-2013 03:23 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

Julie,

Please let us know. Are you just complaining to get it off your chest or
are you asking for advice? Your post is not clear on that so we don't
knwo if we should just shut up and listen or should offer you some
suggestions if we have them.

Wendy

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-11-2013 05:45 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie,
>
> Please let us know. Are you just complaining to get it off your chest or
> are you asking for advice? Your post is not clear on that so we don't
> knwo if we should just shut up and listen or should offer you some
> suggestions if we have them.

I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He won't eat
hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5 different
prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.

Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either canned
green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans either.
Would not touch the bean relish that I made.

We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I bought
cottage cheese with pineapple.

I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
"difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it would
help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong by not
giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right food
is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...

Alice Faber 12-11-2013 06:33 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> > Julie,
> >
> > Please let us know. Are you just complaining to get it off your chest or
> > are you asking for advice? Your post is not clear on that so we don't
> > knwo if we should just shut up and listen or should offer you some
> > suggestions if we have them.

> I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
> suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He won't eat
> hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5 different
> prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
> vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.
>
> Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either canned
> green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans either.
> Would not touch the bean relish that I made.
>
> We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
> out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I bought
> cottage cheese with pineapple.
>
> I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
> "difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it would
> help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong by not
> giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right food
> is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...

Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.

--
"Isn't embarrassing to quote something you didn't read and then attack
what it didn't say?"--WG, where else but Usenet

Cheri[_3_] 12-11-2013 06:45 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> > Julie,
>> >
>> > Please let us know. Are you just complaining to get it off your chest
>> > or
>> > are you asking for advice? Your post is not clear on that so we don't
>> > knwo if we should just shut up and listen or should offer you some
>> > suggestions if we have them.

>> I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
>> suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He won't
>> eat
>> hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5
>> different
>> prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
>> vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.
>>
>> Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either
>> canned
>> green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans
>> either.
>> Would not touch the bean relish that I made.
>>
>> We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
>> out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I
>> bought
>> cottage cheese with pineapple.
>>
>> I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
>> "difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it
>> would
>> help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong by
>> not
>> giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right
>> food
>> is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...

> Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.

That would be my suggestion. Not only would I *let* him shop for himself, I
would insist on it. Within a few days of his being "difficult" he would also
be cooking for himself. There's always a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew in the
pantry if mine wanted to act like that. LOL

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-11-2013 08:15 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> > Julie,
>> >
>> > Please let us know. Are you just complaining to get it off your chest
>> > or
>> > are you asking for advice? Your post is not clear on that so we don't
>> > knwo if we should just shut up and listen or should offer you some
>> > suggestions if we have them.

>> I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
>> suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He won't
>> eat
>> hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5
>> different
>> prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
>> vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.
>>
>> Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either
>> canned
>> green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans
>> either.
>> Would not touch the bean relish that I made.
>>
>> We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
>> out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I
>> bought
>> cottage cheese with pineapple.
>>
>> I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
>> "difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it
>> would
>> help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong by
>> not
>> giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right
>> food
>> is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...

> Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.

He won't and currently can't. He is at the moment more disabled than me but
won't get into that here.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-11-2013 08:16 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message
>> In article >,

>>> I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
>>> suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He won't
>>> eat
>>> hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5
>>> different
>>> prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
>>> vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.
>>>
>>> Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either
>>> canned
>>> green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans
>>> either.
>>> Would not touch the bean relish that I made.
>>>
>>> We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
>>> out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I
>>> bought
>>> cottage cheese with pineapple.
>>>
>>> I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
>>> "difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it
>>> would
>>> help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong by
>>> not
>>> giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right
>>> food
>>> is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...

>> Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.

> That would be my suggestion. Not only would I *let* him shop for himself,
> I would insist on it. Within a few days of his being "difficult" he would
> also be cooking for himself. There's always a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew
> in the pantry if mine wanted to act like that. LOL

But he can't right now. And I won't get into that here.

W. Baker 12-11-2013 03:46 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...
: > Julie,
: >
[...]

I would agree with you about his beign "difficult" about his food.
Unfortunately, I don't have any good suggestions for you, unless you just
tell him to buy and cook his own food, which, I fear, might lead to an
explosion.

Wendy

Cheri[_3_] 12-11-2013 04:33 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message

>>> Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.

>> That would be my suggestion. Not only would I *let* him shop for himself,
>> I would insist on it. Within a few days of his being "difficult" he would
>> also be cooking for himself. There's always a can of Dinty Moore Beef
>> Stew in the pantry if mine wanted to act like that. LOL

> But he can't right now. And I won't get into that here.

Well then, that's a different story.

Cheri

Karen[_11_] 12-11-2013 07:34 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:15:52 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
>> In article >,

>>> I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
>>> suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He won't
>>> eat
>>> hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5
>>> different
>>> prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
>>> vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.
>>>
>>> Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either
>>> canned
>>> green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans
>>> either.
>>> Would not touch the bean relish that I made.
>>>
>>> We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
>>> out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I
>>> bought
>>> cottage cheese with pineapple.
>>>
>>> I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
>>> "difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it
>>> would
>>> help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong by
>>> not
>>> giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right
>>> food
>>> is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...

>> Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.
>>

>He won't and currently can't. He is at the moment more disabled than me but
>won't get into that here.

Can you give him pen and paper and have him write suggested veggies
and fruit and work off of his list? Then if he complains tell him to
be quiet. At that point if he still complains you know he is either
just a cranky old man (yes, younger ones can be that ;-) or just
being difficult to annoy you.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-11-2013 11:30 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Julie,
> : >
> : > Please let us know. Are you just complaining to get it off your chest
> or
> : > are you asking for advice? Your post is not clear on that so we don't
> : > knwo if we should just shut up and listen or should offer you some
> : > suggestions if we have them.
>
> : I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
> : suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He won't
> eat
> : hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5
> different
> : prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
> : vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.
>
> : Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either
> canned
> : green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans
> either.
> : Would not touch the bean relish that I made.
>
> : We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
> : out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I
> bought
> : cottage cheese with pineapple.
>
> : I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
> : "difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it
> would
> : help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong by
> not
> : giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right
> food
> : is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...
>
> I would agree with you about his beign "difficult" about his food.
> Unfortunately, I don't have any good suggestions for you, unless you just
> tell him to buy and cook his own food, which, I fear, might lead to an
> explosion.

Although he would not do that, he simply could not at the moment, being even
more disabled than me.

Julie Bove[_2_] 12-11-2013 11:33 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:15:52 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Alice Faber" > wrote in message

>>> Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.
>>>

>>He won't and currently can't. He is at the moment more disabled than me
>>but
>>won't get into that here.

> Can you give him pen and paper and have him write suggested veggies
> and fruit and work off of his list? Then if he complains tell him to
> be quiet. At that point if he still complains you know he is either
> just a cranky old man (yes, younger ones can be that ;-) or just
> being difficult to annoy you.

I have tried that and I do tell him to shut up all the time. I do know he
is suffering right now but there is nothing I can do about that. I have
tried to buy/feed him only the foods that are purported not to make his
medical condition worse and perhaps even make it better but he does not want
those foods. Alas his favorite foods only aggravate the condition and
won't be a party to that.

Karen[_11_] 13-11-2013 01:06 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:33:45 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:15:52 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>He won't and currently can't. He is at the moment more disabled than me
>>>but
>>>won't get into that here.

>> Can you give him pen and paper and have him write suggested veggies
>> and fruit and work off of his list? Then if he complains tell him to
>> be quiet. At that point if he still complains you know he is either
>> just a cranky old man (yes, younger ones can be that ;-) or just
>> being difficult to annoy you.

>I have tried that and I do tell him to shut up all the time. I do know he
>is suffering right now but there is nothing I can do about that. I have
>tried to buy/feed him only the foods that are purported not to make his
>medical condition worse and perhaps even make it better but he does not want
>those foods. Alas his favorite foods only aggravate the condition and
>won't be a party to that.

Sorry. I don't know what to say then. It sounds like no matter what
you do he will be unhappy. Just do the best you can and try not to
take it personal.

Julie Bove[_2_] 13-11-2013 02:58 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:33:45 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Karen" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:15:52 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"

>>> Can you give him pen and paper and have him write suggested veggies
>>> and fruit and work off of his list? Then if he complains tell him to
>>> be quiet. At that point if he still complains you know he is either
>>> just a cranky old man (yes, younger ones can be that ;-) or just
>>> being difficult to annoy you.

>>I have tried that and I do tell him to shut up all the time. I do know he
>>is suffering right now but there is nothing I can do about that. I have
>>tried to buy/feed him only the foods that are purported not to make his
>>medical condition worse and perhaps even make it better but he does not
>>want
>>those foods. Alas his favorite foods only aggravate the condition and
>>won't be a party to that.

> Sorry. I don't know what to say then. It sounds like no matter what
> you do he will be unhappy. Just do the best you can and try not to
> take it personal.

That is what I am thinking. But I just wondered if there was something I
was missing. I don't like fruit at all and I tend to eat the same
vegetables most of the time.

[email protected] 13-11-2013 10:33 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On 11/11/2013 6:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Frankly I am about ready to kick him to the curb over this but...
> Husband is wanting fruit and vegetables and not the food I have been
> serving him, which has been a wide variety of things. But... Always
> with a salad to start, which he does not eat. Complaints range from not
> enough dressing to too much dressing to that he wants real food and not
> that. *sigh* Of course I have tried dressing on the side and changing
> dressings. He is no help as to what dressing he will eat. I just try
> to give what he orders in a restaurant.
>
> I stopped buying fruit aside from what Angela and I eat because he just
> wasn't eating it! We have a banana tree and I just threw out a bowl of
> little apples and oranges. He said he didn't see them. Nor did he see
> the grapes in the fridge. Or the pears. This after I had quit buying
> and he insisted that he needed fruit.
>
> I have thrown out countless kinds of raw veggies that Angela and I won't
> eat or have tried to work them into a stir fry when they were a bit past
> their prime, only to have him not eat them.
>
> I have cut up raw veggies, bought hummus and other dips for him. He
> complained that the dips had too much fat so I bought "light" or "lite"
> dip. We always have bean dip in the house. All go uneaten. So do the
> pricey little packages of cut up veggies and fruit with cheese cubes or
> a dip. *sigh*
>
> Any cooked foods that I leave in the fridge for him to eat, go uneaten
> unless perhaps I am here to heat them up, but again he will usually
> complain. He likes to eat what he calls "pops", frozen strawberry fruit
> bars with HFCS in them, chips, cookies, muffins, sandwiches, etc. Seems
> no matter what I serve him, this is what he resorts to. And if I don't
> have these things in the house, he complains that I don't have them.
>
> I rather feel like I am in a no win situation. But is there something I
> am missing here? Angela and I have no problems getting our own food and
> much of the time we do eat raw veggies. I have been on a bean tostada
> kick and those things are super easy to make. I just microwave them. No
> cooking involved. But he even complains about those because it isn't
> enough food for him.
>
> So is there something I am missing here? Is there some sort of food in
> the fruit/veg category that I could just leave in the fridge for him?
> And that he could serve himself? I have even tried the prepared
> fruit/veg trays. The problem with those is that he either won't touch
> them or won't eat some of the food they contain. Like tomatoes or
> blueberries. Sometimes he will eat the cut up melon things. Sometimes
> not. But they have to come that way. If I cut them up, he won't touch
> them. Also seems incapable of heating up something that I have
> prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*
>
> There is probably no answer for this but I thought I would try. Thanks!

Maybe the man just needs a new cook.

[email protected] 13-11-2013 02:13 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On 11/12/2013 4:06 PM, Karen wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:33:45 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Karen" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:15:52 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"

>>> Can you give him pen and paper and have him write suggested veggies
>>> and fruit and work off of his list? Then if he complains tell him to
>>> be quiet. At that point if he still complains you know he is either
>>> just a cranky old man (yes, younger ones can be that ;-) or just
>>> being difficult to annoy you.

>> I have tried that and I do tell him to shut up all the time. I do know he
>> is suffering right now but there is nothing I can do about that. I have
>> tried to buy/feed him only the foods that are purported not to make his
>> medical condition worse and perhaps even make it better but he does not want
>> those foods. Alas his favorite foods only aggravate the condition and
>> won't be a party to that.

> Sorry. I don't know what to say then. It sounds like no matter what
> you do he will be unhappy. Just do the best you can and try not to
> take it personal.

Now *THAT* is funny :-)))))))

[email protected] 13-11-2013 02:14 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On 11/11/2013 9:45 PM, Cheri wrote:
> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message
>> In article >,

>>> chest > or
>>>
>>> I thought it was pretty clear. Yes, I am complaining. I did ask for
>>> suggestions but I have a feeling there is no answer to this. He
>>> won't eat
>>> hummus, any dips, raw veggies, salad, stir fries... I did buy 5
>>> different
>>> prepared salads of fruit, nuts and meats, also fruit like Waldorf and a
>>> vegetable slaw. Also a prepared chef's salad.
>>>
>>> Not really sure what else there is. Angela and I mainly eat either
>>> canned
>>> green beans, other beans or raw veggies. He said he won't eat beans
>>> either.
>>> Would not touch the bean relish that I made.
>>>
>>> We are not fruit lovers so I don't want to buy fruit to have to throw it
>>> out. I did buy two cups of watermelon. He did just eat one. And I
>>> bought
>>> cottage cheese with pineapple.
>>>
>>> I think it might all boil down to him being as my FIL used to put it,
>>> "difficult". Perhaps if someone could just agree with me on that, it
>>> would
>>> help. Because he is making me feel like *I* am doing something wrong
>>> by not
>>> giving him the right food. But... If he can't tell me what the right
>>> food
>>> is, specifically, then I am always wrong. Right? I think...

>> Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.

> That would be my suggestion. Not only would I *let* him shop for
> himself, I would insist on it. Within a few days of his being
> "difficult" he would also be cooking for himself. There's always a can
> of Dinty Moore Beef Stew in the pantry if mine wanted to act like that. LOL

Damn!
And I thought you are only nasty to your online acquaintances.

pavane[_5_] 13-11-2013 05:31 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

> [...]
>> kick and those things are super easy to make. I just microwave them. No
>> cooking involved. But he even complains about those because it isn't
>> enough food for him.
>>
>> So is there something I am missing here? Is there some sort of food in
>> the fruit/veg category that I could just leave in the fridge for him?
>> And that he could serve himself? I have even tried the prepared
>> fruit/veg trays. The problem with those is that he either won't touch
>> them or won't eat some of the food they contain. Like tomatoes or
>> blueberries. Sometimes he will eat the cut up melon things. Sometimes
>> not. But they have to come that way. If I cut them up, he won't touch
>> them. Also seems incapable of heating up something that I have
>> prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*
>>
>> There is probably no answer for this but I thought I would try. Thanks!

Maybe the cook just needs a new man.

pavane

[email protected] 14-11-2013 05:30 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On 11/13/2013 8:31 AM, pavane wrote:

> [...]
>>> kick and those things are super easy to make. I just microwave them. No
>>> cooking involved. But he even complains about those because it isn't
>>> enough food for him.
>>>
>>> So is there something I am missing here? Is there some sort of food in
>>> the fruit/veg category that I could just leave in the fridge for him?
>>> And that he could serve himself? I have even tried the prepared
>>> fruit/veg trays. The problem with those is that he either won't touch
>>> them or won't eat some of the food they contain. Like tomatoes or
>>> blueberries. Sometimes he will eat the cut up melon things. Sometimes
>>> not. But they have to come that way. If I cut them up, he won't touch
>>> them. Also seems incapable of heating up something that I have
>>> prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*
>>>
>>> There is probably no answer for this but I thought I would try. Thanks!

You are new here, aren't you?

I Don't Know[_2_] 16-11-2013 03:27 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Thu, 14 Nov 2013 08:30:47 -0800, wrote:

>On 11/13/2013 8:31 AM, pavane wrote:
>>

>> > wrote in message

>>> Maybe the man just needs a new cook.

>> Maybe the cook just needs a new man.
>>

>You are new here, aren't you?

It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.

She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

Julie Bove[_2_] 16-11-2013 03:40 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.
>
> She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

Cheri[_3_] 16-11-2013 06:52 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "I Don't Know" > wrote in message
>> It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.
>>
>> She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

> He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

To troll. The sock puppets abound.

Cheri

Julie Bove[_2_] 16-11-2013 08:24 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "I Don't Know" > wrote in message
>>> It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.
>>>
>>> She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

>> He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

> To troll. The sock puppets abound.

Yeah. More of them than real posters.

I Don't Know[_2_] 16-11-2013 05:21 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:40:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
.. .
>> It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.
>>
>> She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

>He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

You have repeatedly stated in your blog posts why you keep him around
even though you do not love him. It has always come down to your lack
of finances.

I am here because I feel like it. You don't like it? Oh well, it
won't kill you. And no-one here is ever going to seek your
permission.

I Don't Know[_2_] 16-11-2013 05:22 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:52:26 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "I Don't Know" > wrote in message
>>> It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.
>>>
>>> She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

>> He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

>To troll. The sock puppets abound.
>
>Cheri

I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

Cheri[_3_] 17-11-2013 03:18 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:52:26 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:

>>> He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

>>To troll. The sock puppets abound.
>>
>>Cheri

> I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

I am surprised that you are only here to abuse her. I try not to look inside
someone elses marriage because there are ALWAYS two sides to every story.

Cheri

BessieBee[_2_] 17-11-2013 03:56 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On 11/11/2013 8:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> Also seems incapable of heating up something that I have
> prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*

A copy & paste from a post you made to this group on October 28, 2013 in
the 'fennel stalks' thread: "Well, nobody in this house will eat a stir
fry so that's out. But thanks!"

So, which is it?

--
BessieBee

"The pessimist see difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees
opportunity in every difficulty."
....Sir Winston Churchill

Julie Bove[_2_] 17-11-2013 07:07 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:40:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> It's amazing how it's always his (JB's husband) fault.
>>>
>>> She won't kick him to the curb over this, she needs his money.

>>He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

> You have repeatedly stated in your blog posts why you keep him around
> even though you do not love him. It has always come down to your lack
> of finances.

I don't have blog posts and I have never stated why I keep him around. I do
not have a lack of finances. But I do not have a lot. And neither does he.
But he (like most males), has more than I do!

> I am here because I feel like it. You don't like it? Oh well, it
> won't kill you. And no-one here is ever going to seek your
> permission.

Didn't say that they did.

Julie Bove[_2_] 17-11-2013 07:08 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:52:26 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:

>>> He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

>>To troll. The sock puppets abound.
>>
>>Cheri

> I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

You think I abuse my husband? Ha! I do his shopping and cooking and all
sorts of other things. That's abuse?

Julie Bove[_2_] 17-11-2013 07:09 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "I Don't Know" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:52:26 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>To troll. The sock puppets abound.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

> I am surprised that you are only here to abuse her. I try not to look
> inside someone elses marriage because there are ALWAYS two sides to every
> story.

Yes. And I am certainly not here to discuss my marriage.

Julie Bove[_2_] 17-11-2013 07:15 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"BessieBee" > wrote in message
> On 11/11/2013 8:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Also seems incapable of heating up something that I have
>> prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*

> A copy & paste from a post you made to this group on October 28, 2013 in
> the 'fennel stalks' thread: "Well, nobody in this house will eat a stir
> fry so that's out. But thanks!"
>
> So, which is it?

Which is what? Nobody here likes stir fry. I have tried repeatedly to
serve them. We just do not like. And if there is something in there like a
sandwich which requires no heating, that's what he will eat first.

I asked about the vegetables because I thought perhaps there were some sort
of raw vegetable ideas that I hadn't thought of yet. He did eat the Chef
salad and two of the five small tubs of prepared salad.

And it really must suck to be you! If you have nothing better to do than to
look up my old posts and repost things out of context. I have no clue when
what that referred to. It was over a month ago.

And if your life is like that movie, Groundhog Day, where they keep reliving
the same day over and over again, it really must suck. Maybe we're the odd
ones out here but each and every day is different in this house and out of
it. What we eat and don't eat will change. Angela used to eat meat and now
she doesn't.

Husband is having various issues that I won't get into here. He can't eat
some foods that he might prefer to eat. He asked for vegetables. Which is
why I asked for suggestions. If I made him a stir fry, he wouldn't eat much
of it even if I cooked and served it to him. Just doesn't like that kind of
food.

W. Baker 17-11-2013 07:08 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

Julie Bove > wrote:

: Husband is having various issues that I won't get into here. He can't eat
: some foods that he might prefer to eat. He asked for vegetables. Which is
: why I asked for suggestions. If I made him a stir fry, he wouldn't eat much
: of it even if I cooked and served it to him. Just doesn't like that kind of
: food.

IIRC your husband liked pasta dishes. If he can eat tomatoes cna you make
him vegetables with Italian styoe tomato sauce? Try microwaved fresh
sringbeans sith a zippy sauce or broccoli, eggplant is also great, bu tuse
whatever vegetable he likes with teh sauce.

Wendy

Julie Bove[_2_] 17-11-2013 11:56 PM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : Husband is having various issues that I won't get into here. He can't
> eat
> : some foods that he might prefer to eat. He asked for vegetables. Which
> is
> : why I asked for suggestions. If I made him a stir fry, he wouldn't eat
> much
> : of it even if I cooked and served it to him. Just doesn't like that
> kind of
> : food.
>
> IIRC your husband liked pasta dishes. If he can eat tomatoes cna you make
> him vegetables with Italian styoe tomato sauce? Try microwaved fresh
> sringbeans sith a zippy sauce or broccoli, eggplant is also great, bu tuse
> whatever vegetable he likes with teh sauce.

That is something I make all the time. He doesn't really like pasta though.
And I was looking for something he could eat when I'm not here. Chances are
he would never eat that.

I Don't Know[_2_] 18-11-2013 03:19 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:18:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:52:26 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>To troll. The sock puppets abound.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

>I am surprised that you are only here to abuse her. I try not to look inside
>someone elses marriage because there are ALWAYS two sides to every story.
>
>Cheri

It's not abuse to simply repeat what she has posted about her feelings
and her actions towards her husband.

I Don't Know[_2_] 18-11-2013 03:21 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 20:56:58 -0600, BessieBee
> wrote:

>On 11/11/2013 8:00 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> Also seems incapable of heating up something that I have
>> prepared. Like soup or a stir fry. *sigh*

>A copy & paste from a post you made to this group on October 28, 2013 in
>the 'fennel stalks' thread: "Well, nobody in this house will eat a stir
>fry so that's out. But thanks!"
>
>So, which is it?

She also wrote she stir fries vegetables past their date i.e. wilted
and due for the dustbin. You can't cook bad food good.

I Don't Know[_2_] 18-11-2013 03:22 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:07:49 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 18:40:38 -0800, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>>He's hardly wealthy and why are you here?

>> You have repeatedly stated in your blog posts why you keep him around
>> even though you do not love him. It has always come down to your lack
>> of finances.

>I don't have blog posts and I have never stated why I keep him around. I do
>not have a lack of finances. But I do not have a lot. And neither does he.
>But he (like most males), has more than I do!

You have blogged about this quite a bit.

>> I am here because I feel like it. You don't like it? Oh well, it
>> won't kill you. And no-one here is ever going to seek your
>> permission.

>Didn't say that they did.

Then why are you asking?

I Don't Know[_2_] 18-11-2013 03:25 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:08:43 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 21:52:26 -0800, "Cheri" >
>> wrote:

>>>To troll. The sock puppets abound.
>>>
>>>Cheri

>> I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

>You think I abuse my husband? Ha! I do his shopping and cooking and all
>sorts of other things. That's abuse?

You really believe you do no harm to him?

I Don't Know[_2_] 18-11-2013 03:26 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:09:21 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Cheri" > wrote in message
>> "I Don't Know" > wrote in message

>>> I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

>> I am surprised that you are only here to abuse her. I try not to look
>> inside someone elses marriage because there are ALWAYS two sides to every
>> story.

>Yes. And I am certainly not here to discuss my marriage.

Then stop bringing it up. You talk about it, and are shocked when it
is discussed?

Julie Bove[_2_] 18-11-2013 06:49 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:18:29 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

>>I am surprised that you are only here to abuse her. I try not to look
>>inside
>>someone elses marriage because there are ALWAYS two sides to every story.
>>
>>Cheri
>>

> It's not abuse to simply repeat what she has posted about her feelings
> and her actions towards her husband.

I posted my feelings here? I don't think so. And actions *against* him?
No. How is trying to find some sort of vegetable thing that he wants,
against him?

Today he said that he didn't want to eat cooked food. He wanted only hummus
and raw vegetables. I am pretty sure that he doesn't want raw hummus. It
can be made. I have made it. It is, akin to eating wallpaper paste, I
would assume.

Julie Bove[_2_] 18-11-2013 06:51 AM

Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2013 22:08:43 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"I Don't Know" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> I am surprised you defend her abuse of her husband.

>>You think I abuse my husband? Ha! I do his shopping and cooking and all
>>sorts of other things. That's abuse?

> You really believe you do no harm to him?

I have figured it out now. You are my husband. Pretending to be British
because you used the term, dustbin. Bwahahaha!