Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Vegetable/fruit ideas?

"Karen" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:15:52 -0800, in alt.food.diabetic, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Alice Faber" > wrote in message

>>> Stop trying to read his mind! Let him go grocery shopping himself.
>>>

>>He won't and currently can't. He is at the moment more disabled than me
>>but
>>won't get into that here.

> Can you give him pen and paper and have him write suggested veggies
> and fruit and work off of his list? Then if he complains tell him to
> be quiet. At that point if he still complains you know he is either
> just a cranky old man (yes, younger ones can be that ;-) or just
> being difficult to annoy you.

I have tried that and I do tell him to shut up all the time. I do know he
is suffering right now but there is nothing I can do about that. I have
tried to buy/feed him only the foods that are purported not to make his
medical condition worse and perhaps even make it better but he does not want
those foods. Alas his favorite foods only aggravate the condition and
won't be a party to that.