Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily Tiger Lily is offline

Default Low carb diet

On 8/16/2011 11:43 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
>> I think that now she is 13 she is old enough to understand she has a
>> medical problem and it needs to be treated in a certain way. Now is the
>> time for her to realise that she just can't have a lot of the things she
>> prefers and has to bite the bullet and eat things that are better for her
>> but not her first choice. I have told you all often enough about my
>> friend's boy who has so many things he can't eat it that's its almost down
>> to one brand of Lemonade, rice and freshly cooked meat, can't even have it
>> reheated. He is now 11 and that's how it is for him. Basically he eats
>> what he is allowed or he starves, so he eats. To have the kinds of health
>> problems she is having at such a young age can mean a lifetime of misery if
>> she doesn't get a handle on it now. Go to a dietician and let them figure
>> out a workable diet for her.

> That is going to be tough. I know I could never eat things that I didn't
> like. I would sooner starve than to have to eat things I don't like.
>
> I don't think the dietician is an option. She would have to see the one
> that I saw and she knows nothing of food allergies. She told me to drink
> lactose free milk. I told her lactose wasn't the problem. It was the milk
> protein. She just told me I would have to figure something out.

the word was casein that you were looking for
the 'dietician' sounds like an idiot

i agree with Jan, it's time for ANGELA to decide what ANGELA will and
will and can and cannot eat.............. teach her how to find out, you
have spent your life in misery at the beck and call of your mother
making you sick

do you want this for Angela? or do you want her to be savvy on her own??

it's now or later............. she's young and capable of learning

but....... good luck

kate