Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Low carb diet

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
> Julie, this is so difficult for both you and Angela. I don't hav etoo
> much to offer, but if she likes the lamb kebobs could you make some me
> made with either chicken or beef with the vegetables like peppers and
> tomatoes? they are not difficult to do and might give her some nice
> dinners. Does she like hamburgers when you go out? If so, she can have
> them on some lettuce instead of the bun which she can't eat anyway.
> She could get grilled chicken the same way. that's what I do when I go
> out, order a sandwich with no bread. Will she eat raw veggies like
> broccoli or cauliflower dipped in humus or some other lew c arb dressing
> or dip? Those dips can make many vegetables more palitable for kids.

She will not eat anything on the kebabs but meat. No veggies. And I have
no BBQ so no way of making them. She hates hamburgers. She can get grilled
chicken at some restaurants but at others it is not safe because it contains
wheat. I don't know why they do that. For that reason she has to eat more
burgers than she would like. Because of her wheat allergy she hasn't had a
bun in years. Neither of us like burgers or chicken wrapped in lettuce. It
just makes the lettuce wilted and greasy. We just get them plain.

She really shouldn't have broccoli or cauliflower because of her thyroid.
She doesn't like it much anyway. She will eat a piece or two but that's
about it. Mostly she likes carrots and celery but she gets annoyed with
having to eat vegetables with dips and would much rather eat chips.

Last night I caught her sneaking chips with her dip. She said she was
eating vegetables. When I asked her to show me the vegetable she admittd
they were chips.

> When was she last tested for allergies? It would make life simpler if
> she has grown out of a few more.

She is due to be tested but... The Dr. who did the last testing is now
deceased. The Dr. who did the testing prior charges $2,000. We can't
afford that. Our insurance won't cover it. I have yet to find a new Dr. who
will do that kind of testing.

> That's about it for now.
>
> I am so sorry about ths .
>
> Wendy