Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Low carb diet

I think that now she is 13 she is old enough to understand she has a
medical problem and it needs to be treated in a certain way. Now is the
time for her to realise that she just can't have a lot of the things she
prefers and has to bite the bullet and eat things that are better for
her but not her first choice. I have told you all often enough about my
friend's boy who has so many things he can't eat it that's its almost
down to one brand of Lemonade, rice and freshly cooked meat, can't even
have it reheated. He is now 11 and that's how it is for him. Basically
he eats what he is allowed or he starves, so he eats. To have the kinds
of health problems she is having at such a young age can mean a lifetime
of misery if she doesn't get a handle on it now. Go to a dietician and
let them figure out a workable diet for her.