Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Ozgirl Ozgirl is offline

Default Low carb diet

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
> : > Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> julie,
>
> You can make kebabas in the broiler of your oven. I live in a city
> apartment and would make them for the kids occasionally.

I make them under the grill, under the hotplate it is, not in the actual
oven (when I don't want to start up the BBQ) or even in an electric fry
pan.
I use my electric fry pan almost daily. Last night we had satay chicken
stirfry in it. Tonight I have a bag full of marinated chicken legs which
I am going to roast, don't care if I lose the marinade. In the fry pan I
am cooking halved new potatoes and sweet potatoes in oil and having some
greens and carrots on the side. I have a large sachet of liquid chicken
gravy left in the pantry so it will all turn out like a roast dinner

I went to Super Butcher this morning. Its my "off pay" week. They had
advertised by email a pack of 7 meals for 4 people for $43. When I got
there they told me it was just a recommendation of what to make with
their weekly specials. I was disappointed but starting throwing things
in the basket anyway as I had travelled 15 minutes from home and their
stuff is good. I only needed 6 meals because I still had that bag of
legs So, I tossed in a pack of their delicious sausages, 2 packs of
minced beef, one pack of sausage mince (to add to 1 pack of mince to
make rissoles) which actually had real colour in it. 2 large pieces of
chuck to make stew, 2 packs of tiny chicken legs and some bacon (will
have them with eggs and maybe chips and veggies for the kids, I am happy
to have bacon, eggs, grilled tomatoes and mushrooms. One pack of mince
will probably go to making a Shepherd's pie. When the guy rang it up it
was $42.75, lol. 25 cents less than the advertised $43.

Probably give the kids risini pasta with the stew, they have gone off
rice. Potatoes are going to feature in most stuff this week but can't be
helped. I'll have salad with my meat, its what I like anyway. I think a
few cans of tomatoes are going to be used too.