Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Super Bird

"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Willy" wrote in message

I don't think I've ever known anyone as terrorized with allergies as
you - honestly, I don't know how you manage. And dare I grumble about
having to deal with the normal diabetic limitations, I can't imagine how
you have to think and investigate everything that goes into your mouth.
It's almost overwhelming at times I'm sure.

I know plenty of people with food allergies. But then I hang out on food
allergy boards.

I know on a first name basis probably 1,000 people, and maybe more. (I'm in
sales)... but I've NEVER known anyone as plagued by allergies as you. I
just don't know how you manage as you do.

Kudo's to you Julie.

Wes

Old 03-03-2009, 11:16 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Willy" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Willy" wrote in message

I don't think I've ever known anyone as terrorized with allergies as
you - honestly, I don't know how you manage. And dare I grumble about
having to deal with the normal diabetic limitations, I can't imagine how
you have to think and investigate everything that goes into your mouth.
It's almost overwhelming at times I'm sure.

I know plenty of people with food allergies. But then I hang out on food
allergy boards.

I know on a first name basis probably 1,000 people, and maybe more. (I'm
in sales)... but I've NEVER known anyone as plagued by allergies as you.
I just don't know how you manage as you do.

Kudo's to you Julie.

Allergies run in my family so that could be one reason. Another reason is
as soon as you put some gluten free item in your cart at the store, you are
often approached by some other customer who also has to avoid gluten. We
tend to talk to each other.

My daughter had a friend who had all of her food allergies plus some more.
I was already friends with the girl's mom before we learned of their
allergies.

We are no longer in contact with them because they changed the boundaries of
the school and the girl moved to a different school. So we just kind of
grew apart.

Also, the people who run my health food store often point people to me when
I happen to be in there. I don't mind answering questions, giving recipes,
etc. And they use Angela to taste test new products.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:15 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Willy" wrote in message

Are you T1 or T2?

Type 2.