Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Super Bird

Years ago I used to get this sandwich at Denney's and I loved it. I
wouldn't eat there now if you paid me. In looking at their nutritional
information, I think about the only things they serve that aren't loaded
with tons of other additives are the bacon and the applesauce. But I
digress...

If memory serves, this was a grilled sandwich on sourdough bread. It had
turkey, bacon, some kind of cheese, onions and tomatoes. Very tasty.

I'm thinking you could create the same sort of thing by putting the turkey
in a skillet with the cheese on top long enough to melt (or maybe warmed in
the microwave). The bacon would of course have to be cooked till crispy
separately. These days I mainly only buy microwaveable pre-cooked bacon, so
not a problem there.

You could then wrap this in lettuce to eat. Or serve it on whatever kind of
bread you eat. If you eat bread.

I have a package of sliced turkey breast about to go bad and was trying to
think of something to do with it. Besides the usual warmed up turkey with
mashed potatoes. That never goes over too well.