Old 23-09-2007, 04:07 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Making a real BBQ rig

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

It would be interesting to learn what some our fellow travelers have
sitting in their 'outdoor kitchens'.

Harry

Weber Performer, the main machine.

Weber One Touch Gold, the side dish sous chef.

Char-Grill EC Water smoker, made my maiden booty perfect.

--
Always read stuff that will make you look good
If you die in the middle of it.

Old 23-09-2007, 04:25 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

It would be interesting to learn what some our fellow travelers have
sitting in their 'outdoor kitchens'.

A Silver Smoker (offset), Brinkman charcoal grill, Brinkman electric,
WSM and a classic Weber kettle.

The Brinkman electric was an impulse buy and I added a 2000W dimmer
to dial the temp down to do hot-smoked fish. The Silver Smoker was my
first real cooker after experimenting in the Weber kettle.

At this point, the Weber kettle and Brinkman electric don't get
used at all. The WSM is the new kid in the collection and looks
like it might practically replace the Silver Smoker for most
barbecue.

Dana
Old 23-09-2007, 05:35 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

frohe wrote:
Harry Demidavicius wrote:
It would be interesting to learn what some our fellow travelers have
sitting in their 'outdoor kitchens'.

A WSM, a horizontal 55 gallon drum cooker and an old street corner
postal box converted into a smoker/grill.

-frohe

I have seen one in the past, but have all ways wondered where do you find
one of those old postal box?

--
Moe Jones
HVAC Service Technician

Old 23-09-2007, 10:39 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"frohe" wrote in message
Moe Jones wrote:
frohe wrote:
A WSM, a horizontal 55 gallon drum cooker and an old street corner
postal box converted into a smoker/grill.
-frohe

I have seen one in the past, but have all ways wondered where do you
find one of those old postal box?

The one I have was orginally my dad's. His cousin was a Postmaster who
got him one when the post office quit using those kind of boxes.

Here's a pic of one "almost" like mine. As you can see there's plenty of
volume for doing mass amounts of BBQ.
http://65.98.53.239/unique_bbq_smoke...ox_pyramid.htm

LOL. Leave it to Dave Klose. Is there a shape that he hasn't made into a
functional smoker or grill?

BOB

Old 23-09-2007, 10:50 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Denny Wheeler" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 03:54:19 GMT, Harry Demidavicius
wrote:

It would be interesting to learn what some our fellow travelers have
sitting in their 'outdoor kitchens'.

Just my Masterbuilt 7-in-1 (gas-fired bullet)

-denny-
--

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority.
The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

I've got one of them Masterbilt 7 in ones. A 2 burner outdoor stove with low
pressure burners, a SS turkey fryer outfit, several high pressure fish fryer
burners.
A GOSM wide body propane heated smoker and a 4 foot diameter by 12 foot
Lazy Q smoker/cooker with 2, 4 foot by 6 foot cooking chambers with 3. 4' X
6' shelves in each side. I call that my New Years Day Cooker.
I will cook on it New Years Day at our 30th annual and last New Years
Bash.
Y'all come.
--
James A. "Big Jim" Whitten

www.lazyq.com

Old 25-09-2007, 10:49 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sep 23, 8:42 pm, wrote:

For my part, I'm not sure that I'd welcome this 'froup /en masse/,
just yet. It's still in the air whether I'd recieve useful
information, constructive criticism, or outright ridicule, based on
what I've seen so far.

Regasrds,

You left out the correct answer:

e. All of the above.

Old 26-09-2007, 02:23 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

the warlock society wrote in
oups.com:

Dave Bugg wrote:
the warlock society wrote:

I never provoked you or asked you a
****ing thing. You just waddled your fat, inbred, backwoods ass
into my conversation for no other reason than to satisfy your
pathetic, dimwitted little ego.

Psssst.....Bubba, here's something you need to know about usenet and
newsgroups: if you want a PRIVATE conversation you take it to email.
Otherwise, any comment you post is addressed to the whole GROUP and
may be responded to by anyone reading said post, even when you're
posting a response to another person's post.

Now, let me know if what I wrote is too hard to understand. I will be
happy to re-write it for a lower grade level. I hope I've been
helpful.

Hugs and kisses,
Dave

You sure have a funny way of drumming up business Dave. By the way...
is this your place of business or your home address Dave?

Dave's Pit-Smoked Bar-B-Que
841 N. Kentucky Ave
East Wenatchee, Washington 98802
United States
5092644943

I wonder what the Douglas County officials would think of their new
business owner's practice of abusing strangers on the internet? maybe
I should send them some transcripts and ask them what they think?

I'd hate for your competition to find out what about you. Imagine if
you went to your competition's restaurant only to find your Usenet
postings framed and highlighted on wall! How embarassing would that
be!

From what I can tell Weatchee is a small town where you cant afford

bad press, Dave. Lets hope my emails and phone calls dont take too
much of a toll on your business... it sounded like your went through A
LOT of trouble to get your restaurant started... hopefully it wasnt
all for nothing!

In all my time in newsgroups that was absolutely the lamest threat,, go
back to troll 101
Old 29-09-2007, 07:15 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Idjit Bob.

Old 30-09-2007, 02:38 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave SAID, and I totally agree................

This is an unmoderated ng in which highly skilled bbq enthusiasts make up
the majority of subscribers. Everything you write IS everyone's business
and, as such, open to criticism or comment. There will be strong
disagreements, chiding, and corrections to bad information. If that is
disagreeable to you, feel free to leave...... cool?

--
Davewww.davebbq.com

BTW Dave and the rest of you that know me, after giving the mobile
kitchen unit a real go this summer, we have decided NOT to buy it.
Several reasons the biggie it is a money pit, and took way more time
out of our lives to run it to the detriment of our sauce business. We
traveled 40 miles one way just to get to it, and the road readiness of
it was not good so pulling it around was a bad idea. We made money but
all of it had to go back in to keep it working. So we are back to our
real focus, our Sauce. Losing our computer in mid summer cost us
dearly too, I am still trying to find orders that might or might not
have been shipped (thanks to trusting close friends to work for free
for me).

And after reading this thread I am just tickled PINK that the ol'
group has not changed one IOTA, keep having fun folks ! And IMHO you
cant do honest BBQ without wood.
Bruce-n-Gold Beach

Old 30-09-2007, 08:04 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

OL'Hippie wrote:
[...]

It's too bad that that specific opportunity didn't work out better, Bruce; I
was really hoping it would. I imagine if it had been in better shape and
near your location things would have turned out quite differently. Now that
you know how to run a mobile kitchen, maybe you can open something up in the
future.
--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Old 01-10-2007, 12:44 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 06:38:02 -0700, OL'Hippie
wrote:

Dave SAID, and I totally agree................

This is an unmoderated ng in which highly skilled bbq enthusiasts make up
the majority of subscribers. Everything you write IS everyone's business
and, as such, open to criticism or comment. There will be strong
disagreements, chiding, and corrections to bad information. If that is
disagreeable to you, feel free to leave...... cool?

--
Davewww.davebbq.com

BTW Dave and the rest of you that know me, after giving the mobile
kitchen unit a real go this summer, we have decided NOT to buy it.
And after reading this thread I am just tickled PINK that the ol'
group has not changed one IOTA, keep having fun folks ! And IMHO you
cant do honest BBQ without wood.
Bruce-n-Gold Beach

Bummer, Bruce. I know how you feel because I just sold my Investment
Book last December. It had begun to take increasing amounts of time
and I was losing out on my Insurance business. If it becomes a
millstone that holds you back from your real business, it's time to
leave.

Harry
posting from rainy [actually seriously ****ing], Nanaimo.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:23 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

Harry
posting from rainy [actually seriously ****ing], Nanaimo.

Harry, we have great friends in Victoria and have been in your town as
recently as last year. You live in a beautiful part of the world. Our
friend in Victoria advertises himself as "living on an Island in the
pacific." grin

Now for a serious question: Do the folks there make and eat Nanaimo
bars occasionally, or are they just for tourists? Personally, I think
they're great and have bought them at a Safeway on the island.

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
You donít stand any taller by
Old 03-10-2007, 12:11 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nonnymus wrote:
Harry Demidavicius wrote:

Harry
posting from rainy [actually seriously ****ing], Nanaimo.

Harry, we have great friends in Victoria and have been in your town as
recently as last year. You live in a beautiful part of the world. Our
friend in Victoria advertises himself as "living on an Island in the
pacific." grin

Now for a serious question: Do the folks there make and eat Nanaimo
bars occasionally, or are they just for tourists? Personally, I think
they're great and have bought them at a Safeway on the island.

Nonny

Hi Nonny:

I don't know about Harry , but as an eastern Canadian I not only eat,
but I make Nanaimo bars. They are sooooo good.

For those who haven't had the pleasure, the traditional version is
basically a graham cracker/butter/grated coconut, chopped walnuts and
cocoa base, with a layer of icing (usually flavoured with custard
powder), and topped with melted chocolate (dark preferably). I've also
seen commercial versions flavoured with cappuchino, Baileys and Mint.

Here's a description and a great recipe (basically the one I use)
http://www.joyofbaking.com/NanaimoBars.html

MargW
(waving at Denny)
Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

I ain't no warlock. I was a pagan fer sometime though. Thanks fer yore
support Guv.

--
Must be... Idjit

"Guv Bob" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
Idjit Bob.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:36 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:23:55 -0700, Nonnymus wrote:

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

Harry
posting from rainy [actually seriously ****ing], Nanaimo.

Harry, we have great friends in Victoria and have been in your town as
recently as last year. You live in a beautiful part of the world. Our
friend in Victoria advertises himself as "living on an Island in the
pacific." grin

Now for a serious question: Do the folks there make and eat Nanaimo
bars occasionally, or are they just for tourists? Personally, I think
they're great and have bought them at a Safeway on the island.

Nonny

Nanaimo, where that dessert was born, appears on menus around here but
is also made all over Canada.

There's also a song [by Stomping Tom, I believe], of what's in a
Nanaimo Bar [Bankers 'n Truckers, 'n Doctors 'n Students 'n such . . .
I have seen them around from Nova Scotia, through Quebec and all the
way out to Calgary. Christian Religion in Canada would fail if the
Church ladies couldn't serve Nanaimo Bars.

Harry

who doesn't touch them because they are so rich.

BTW They are available on the BC Ferry Fleet.