Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Nonnymus[_5_] Nonnymus[_5_] is offline

Default Making a real BBQ rig

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

> Apples and oranges, Dave. The Bradley is a one trick pony in my
> stable. I've only done fish so far - Copper River Salmon [sockeye
> this time] and trout. Both have turned out superbly. And Drop-dead
> easy.
>
> The K's will grill [#3] or slow cook [#7] or can go to blast furnace
> range. I cannot tell you at this time how a brisket will taste from
> the Bradley - but will report in. I like all my Cookers.
>
> I haven't gone there yet, but don't think Bradley can rise above much
> 250. My Seattle friend has done great Leg-of-Lambs [Legs of Lamb/Legs
> of Lambs] and swears by them. We'll be there for US Thanksgiving and
> I expect he will demo this.
>
> Harry

Harry, I agree with you that the Bradley is not an all-inclusive outdoor
cooker. What it does, it does with excellence and convenience. In my
backyard, I have three separate cookers- the Bradley for hot or cold
smoking, a 3-burner SS gas grill with wood tray for limited smoking and
an IR grill for char-rare cooking of steaks and finishing off some other
foods. The closest to a universal gadget is the 3- burner SS grill from
Sam's Club, but none of the three can do as much alone as can be done
with the three operating in their best field.

Nonny

--
---Nonnymus---
You don’t stand any taller by