Old 10-08-2005, 04:03 PM
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
I think we have a serious case
here of 'do as I say but not as
I do'.

So says the **** who stubbornly refuses to practice what she preaches
about "killing animals is wrong."

Old 10-08-2005, 04:25 PM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .
Skanky wrote:
I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals

No, I don't refuse anything. I accepted the rum cake and shared it with
friends and family who like that kind of thing. As far as my brother
goes, the issue was framed with "IF." He knows I wouldn't eat it, so he
won't offer it. We respect each other that way, something which appears
to be foreign in your Jerry Springer-esque dysfunctional family. Did you
hear David's belly slapping against Belinda's?

Ohhh,

You and Dreck are both self-crippled. His is physical, yours is mental
and emotional.

Well, looky here! Usual snipped
out this:
"Ohhh, so it's ok when YOU and
some non vegan respect each
others differences, but not ok
when others do it."
Why did you snip what you're
replying to? Don't want to
answer that? Or are you just
imitating Rudy's most
common non-answer?

--
SN
http://www.scentednectar.com/veg/

Old 10-08-2005, 04:26 PM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
.. .
Scented Nectar wrote:
You have a serious case of fear
of non-conformity.

I have no fear of anything, much less one of non-conformity or
non-conformists. Given the nature of my own family, I'm quite
comfortable with non-conformity.

Unless you explain what you're
talking about, I will choose not
to believe you.

You, otoh, have plenty of fears. You have your agoraphobia thanks to
your fear of reality which causes you to smoke pot. Your fears cause you
to seek out other diversions from reality as well, including veganism
(and bullshit "veganics") and probably even this arrested development
(non)sense of "non-conformity" which you say I fear; I suppose it's one
of your defiant still-adolescent refuges you take to keep from facing up
to reality. Indeed, your entire life -- the entire forty-two years of
nothingness -- has been that of a wastrel because you're afraid to face
the real world, and afraid to live your life. You're a prisoner and a
slave to fear. Your greatest fear is ultimately yourself, and who
wouldn't be afraid of your nothing-ness reality.

You couldn't be more wrong. My
mild dislike of crowds is nothing.
Maybe you're projecting. You are
definitely assuming things if not
outright lying. I have no problems
accepting reality, in fact my reality
is a very nice one.

All the below quotes prove that.

Stop top-posting if you're going to use your lame signature. Decent
newsreaders, like mine, won't quote sigs or what's below them. Nothing I
wrote takes issue with non-conformity, nor implies any fear of it. It
was all about orthorexia, which defines an eating disorder rather than
lack of conformity.

Sorry to hear that you have a
non-working newsreader, but
real ones don't cut out parts of
the postings. As for your fear of
non-conformity, it shows in all of
your posts. Hey, you don't get
to complain about missing parts
of posts at all in my view, since
you sometimes snip out the
very sentences you're replying
to.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:46 PM
usual suspect

Bob, the Bumbling Twit, wrote:
And as far as people take unusual attention to food, have you hear
the term "Kosher"?

Yes.

Are they sick too?

Yes.

They pay special attention to their food.

And to the extent that observant Jews have two sets of cookware and a
list of rules about what can and can't be eaten together, it is
orthorexic.

So your an anti Semite too.

Wrong. I've defended a variety of religions in this very newsgroup,
including an unfounded attack on the Hare Krishnas by Jon Lindsay (aka
"Mr Falafel").

For example:
http://tinyurl.com/ac4h7

I merely stated the extent to which I believe kashrut can be orthorexic.
And there are many Jews who believe as I do about it. The passages with
the dietary laws are short and simple. The rules rabbis have imposed on
others are long and nitpicky -- they go far, far beyond the Scriptures.

For instance, the text says not to cook a calf in its mother's milk.
Sounds easy enough, but rabbis go from that and make another rule beyond
it (i.e., no dairy and meat together, even if it's not beef; except fish
can be eaten with dairy) and yet another (meat and dairy cannot be
cooked in the same pots, even at different times). The simple rule --
don't cook a calf in its mothers milk -- is a religious tenet. The
kashrut requirements of not mixing dairy with some meats and of having
two sets of pots is orthorexic.

Hitler would agree with you.

Invoking Godwin. Again.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Scented Nectar

"usual suspect" wrote in message
. ..
Skanky wrote:
Claire's self-crippled and morbidly obese Uncle Dreck wrote:

I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals

No, I don't refuse anything.

You TURNED THEM DOWN,

No

Your

No, fatso, I don't refuse anything. I gratefully accepted the rum cake

Fatso? I'm detecting a fear of
weight problems. Is that why you
used to be vegan and think all
other vegans have eating
disorders?

and shared it with friends and family who like that kind of thing. As
far as my brother goes, the issue was framed with "IF." He knows I
wouldn't eat it, so he won't even offer it. We respect each other that
way, something which appears to be foreign in your Jerry Springer-esque
dysfunctional family. I find it amusing that you object more to sharing
a rum cake than sharing your wife with your own twin brother. Did you
hear David's belly slapping against Belinda's? Why do you object to
sharing rum cake but not to other blokes -- much less your own brother
-- shagging your wife?

You snipped the evidence

That wasn't evidence. I admit I shared the rum cake with family and
friends. The real question is, What would Dreck do if someone were to
offer him the same cake? Bear in mind he's such a twit that he shunned
black olives because he was misinformed about the brine in which they're
cured.

What would you do if you were
given a dish with a huge steak
and a tiny bit of potatoes? In
this example, you are at the
table with others and can't give
it to someone else behind their
backs.

I used to eat black olives up until a few months ago, but
stopped after realising they swim around in squid ink, or
something close to it. I'm always ready to make changes to
maintain my ethical standard.
-- Derek Nash, http://tinyurl.com/dcyr3

Would his "ethical standard" preclude him from eating a cake which
contained eggs and other ingredients of animal origin, or just olives
which he ignorantly believes "swim around in squid ink"? Would his
sanctimonious ethics preclude him from giving that cake to people whose
morals were a little looser than his own (like, maybe, his brother and
wife)?

You seem awfully preoccupied with
Derek's brother and wife, and their
alleged affair. Still haven't lost your
virginity have you?

You seem to have a preoccupation with fatness.

It's not a preoccupation. Dreck has been kind enough to admit his weight
and even to post pictures of him sleeping with his dog (nothing untoward
shown in the pics or intended in my remarks). He further has admitted to
his insatiety when eating. As a result of his gluttony and lack of
exercise, he's become one of the world's fattest vegans. He's evidence
that veganism isn't inherently healthier than any other diet, only that
it comes with a lot of hollow sanctimony. I like to point to him when
people talk about how veganism is healthier or that vegans are slim and
trim. Vegans who don't over-eat may be, but so, too, are those
non-vegans who are sensible in diet and exercise.

I still think you are overly concerned
with weight. Especially since you
use it as an insult by calling Derek
fatso, and morbidly obese.

Old 10-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Scented Nectar

Skanky wrote:
I think we have a serious case
here of 'do as I say but not as
I do'.

So says the **** who stubbornly refuses to practice what she preaches
about "killing animals is wrong."

****? A little anger management
course might help you out a bit.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:19 PM
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
You said he called it an eating disorder. He did not. He said that
people with eating disorders can hide behind a vegan diet. A far cry.

You're right.

No, he isn't.

The thing is though,
he thinks that all vegans have it.

They do.

His quotes don't word it that way,

I believe I've written that all vegans are orthorexic.

Do you believe that you had an
eating disorder back when you
identified as vegan?

My identification was based on one of the same misconceptions you've
stubbornly refused to give up that veganism is about food. I was wrong
to have assumed that veganism could be divorced from the animal rights
part of it (which I never embraced). The two, though, are inseparable.
The difference between you and me is I admit my mistakes and learn from
them while you incessantly and ridiculously repeat yours.

Nonsense.

No, I'm correct.

For many vegans, it's
purely about food.

Liar. It's about irrational, misguided concerns for animals, usually
with a heaping hatred for one's fellow man.

The modern
definition is based on food, and
the original one based soley on
animal rights.
http://www.websters-online-dictionar...finition/vegan

Liar, from your own link:

Vegans use as their primary motivation the concept of reducing
animal suffering.

What part of that has to do with diet? Nothing. Let's continue:

Rooted in utilitarian philosophy, as expressed
by authors such as Jeremy Bentham and Peter Singer, ethical
veganism is the belief that humans have a moral obligation to
avoid causing suffering to any other living creature. Animals
are seen to have the same inherent rights as humans to a life as
free from suffering as possible. Therefore ethical vegans not
only avoid eating meat and dairy products but also avoid the use
of any product whose production involves the suffering of
animals. Depending on one's level of commitment this can include
not using certain medicines because they are tested for safety
on animals. Some feel so strongly about it that they avoid
buying film made from gelatin and buy digital film instead.
While there continues to be a debate within the vegan community
regarding these issues, the overall goal of veganism is to
reduce animal suffering to the greatest extent possible.

It's NOT about food, Skanky, it's about animal rights.

...[Vegans are] also out of touch with reality (which is one
reason why I suspect AR/veganism are symptoms of deeper mental
illness; perhaps it will one day be used diagnostically as a
syndrome capturing those who are anti-social, out of touch with
reality, and who have a peculiar eating disorder -- the latter
being orthorexia).
usual suspect: Jun 5 2004

Imbalanced people don't make balanced decisions. That's why
people become "vegans" in the first place.
usual suspect: Dec 4 2004

Veganism is a mental illness. I realize it isn't treated as
such at the moment, but it eventually will be. It's an extreme
form of orthorexia.
usual suspect: Jun 12 2004

but Usual has made it very clear
that he considers all vegans to
be 'orthorexic'.

Correct, and they are.

And as far as people take unusual attention to food, have you hear the
term "Kosher"? Are they sick too? They pay special attention to

their

food.

What about Italian cooks who delight in their foods? Are they also

sick?

Usual himself has bragged about
being a good cook and therefore
must enjoy it. Maybe he's sick.

I am a good cook and I do enjoy cooking. I have a balanced approach,
though, about what I'll eat, etc., which distinguishes me from
orthorexics and vegans (who are all, 100%, orthorexics).

You're pretty ****ed up, Usual.

So says the clueless urban nitwit who thinks farmers will eventually try
to corner the "veganic" market, which doesn't even exist.

No

Yes.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:25 PM
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
You have a serious case of fear
of non-conformity.

I have no fear of anything, much less one of non-conformity or
non-conformists. Given the nature of my own family, I'm quite
comfortable with non-conformity.

Unless you explain

I already have.

You, otoh, have plenty of fears. You have your agoraphobia thanks to
your fear of reality which causes you to smoke pot. Your fears cause you
to seek out other diversions from reality as well, including veganism
(and bullshit "veganics") and probably even this arrested development
(non)sense of "non-conformity" which you say I fear; I suppose it's one
of your defiant still-adolescent refuges you take to keep from facing up
to reality. Indeed, your entire life -- the entire forty-two years of
nothingness -- has been that of a wastrel because you're afraid to face
the real world, and afraid to live your life. You're a prisoner and a
slave to fear. Your greatest fear is ultimately yourself, and who
wouldn't be afraid of your nothing-ness reality.

You couldn't be more wrong.

No, I'm spot on.

My mild dislike of crowds is nothing.

Liar. You even noted it to that group you wanted to meet:

Knowing that a friend was waiting for me at my place combined
with my tendency towards agorophobia [sic] and made me go home
[sic].

You used it as an excuse for escaping a situation, and probably as the
primary (if not only) reason for your hasty departure.

Maybe you're projecting.

No, and that's your most tiresome line.

All the below quotes prove that.

Stop top-posting if you're going to use your lame signature. Decent
newsreaders, like mine, won't quote sigs or what's below them. Nothing I
wrote takes issue with non-conformity, nor implies any fear of it. It
was all about orthorexia, which defines an eating disorder rather than
lack of conformity.

Sorry

You should be.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:37 PM
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
Claire's self-crippled and morbidly obese Uncle Dreck wrote:

I've not turned down meals prepared for me by family
members or my friends just because they use foods I
normally don't.

You DO turn down such meals

No, I don't refuse anything.

You TURNED THEM DOWN,

No

Your

No, fatso, I don't refuse anything. I gratefully accepted the rum cake

Fatso?

Yes, he's morbidly obese.

I'm detecting a fear

Then try getting out in a crowd and overcoming it, dummy.

[...]

It wouldn't happen.

I used to eat black olives up until a few months ago, but
stopped after realising they swim around in squid ink, or
something close to it. I'm always ready to make changes to
maintain my ethical standard.
-- Derek Nash, http://tinyurl.com/dcyr3

Would his "ethical standard" preclude him from eating a cake which
contained eggs and other ingredients of animal origin, or just olives
which he ignorantly believes "swim around in squid ink"? Would his
sanctimonious ethics preclude him from giving that cake to people whose
morals were a little looser than his own (like, maybe, his brother and
wife)?

You seem awfully preoccupied with
Derek's brother and wife, and their
alleged affair.

It wasn't alleged. David mentioned it (http://tinyurl.com/n292) and
Dreck has confirmed it.

You seem to have a preoccupation with fatness.

It's not a preoccupation. Dreck has been kind enough to admit his weight
and even to post pictures of him sleeping with his dog (nothing untoward
shown in the pics or intended in my remarks). He further has admitted to
his insatiety when eating. As a result of his gluttony and lack of
exercise, he's become one of the world's fattest vegans. He's evidence
that veganism isn't inherently healthier than any other diet, only that
it comes with a lot of hollow sanctimony. I like to point to him when
people talk about how veganism is healthier or that vegans are slim and
trim. Vegans who don't over-eat may be, but so, too, are those
non-vegans who are sensible in diet and exercise.

I still think

No, you never have. Your drug-addled mind is incapable of thought.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Scented Nectar

Skanky wrote:
[...]

No, it's just you they hate.

The modern
definition is based on food, and
the original one based soley on
animal rights.
http://www.websters-online-dictionar...finition/vegan

Liar, from your own link:

Go to the link again and trying
reading this time. The prime
definition is food only. The
specialty definition is all the
other stuff.

[...]

Snip and run, snip and run.

Old 10-08-2005, 05:54 PM
Scented Nectar

Too much snipping and running.
Try again and maybe I'll respond
further.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:56 PM
usual suspect

Scented Nectar wrote:
Too much

Evasion noted.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:59 PM
usual suspect

Skanky wrote:
[...]

No,

Yes. You've shown this faux "compassion" when wishing others unwell
yourself.

The modern
definition is based on food, and
the original one based soley on
animal rights.
http://www.websters-online-dictionar...finition/vegan

Liar, from your own link:

Go to the link

I did. It refutes your claim that veganism is about food.

[...]

Established.

[...]

You know I'm right, dummy.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:59 PM
usual suspect