Old 05-08-2005, 12:22 AM
hugod

Default N3w

this is my story... i am 20 years old and live in new zealand...

i had been gradually phasing out meat and developing a taste for the foods
that are now staple. i went vegetarian on the 25 of may and made a complete
conversion about this time last month. it is really bringing out the chef
in me, and i love spicy foods. i am much like a gumbo chef, where
everything just goes in the pot (I use a rice cooker). this week i have
been into cabbage, broc, cauli, tofu and chickpea masala with brown rice, i
tell ya, it was so hot it brought tears to my nose.

i have alot more energy at times, but still have an inner ear condition i
hope will clear up.

people think it is amazing that i can live this lifestyle, they think its
hard, but its not really. they admit to the benefits but are unwilling to
break away from their love of meat.

Old 05-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Beach Runner

hugod wrote:
this is my story... i am 20 years old and live in new zealand...

i had been gradually phasing out meat and developing a taste for the foods
that are now staple. i went vegetarian on the 25 of may and made a complete
conversion about this time last month. it is really bringing out the chef
in me, and i love spicy foods. i am much like a gumbo chef, where
everything just goes in the pot (I use a rice cooker). this week i have
been into cabbage, broc, cauli, tofu and chickpea masala with brown rice, i
tell ya, it was so hot it brought tears to my nose.

i have alot more energy at times, but still have an inner ear condition i
hope will clear up.

people think it is amazing that i can live this lifestyle, they think its
hard, but its not really. they admit to the benefits but are unwilling to
break away from their love of meat.

Congratulations. Don't forget to get your B12 levels checked annually,
vegetarian or not.

Avoid empty calories, fried foods, and eat lots of leafy greens and
fruits. Organic produce has less residual pesticides, but clean it
carefully anyway. Avoid sugar, white flower, and junk foods.

There are some nasty people in this group. Try to ignore them.

Other's will engage in reasonable discussion on how to be a healthy
vegetarian. It's also better for the environment.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:43 AM
rick

"Beach Runner" wrote in message
. ..

hugod wrote:
[...]

====================
Still continuing that ly, killer? Back it up fool. Show us your
calculations that back up the spew you make about water useage.
Can't even bring yourself to try, can you? Yes, there are nasty
people here. They are vegan propagandists that don't have a clue
as to what they really say, and can't say anything if it hasn't
already been written down for them somewhere else. Like you, and
your continued spew about being vegan automatially means it's
better or the environment. Hardly the case, killer.

Old 05-08-2005, 02:15 AM
Steve

hugod wrote:
this is my story... i am 20 years old and live in new zealand...

i had been gradually phasing out meat and developing a taste for the foods
that are now staple. i went vegetarian on the 25 of may and made a complete
conversion about this time last month. it is really bringing out the chef
in me, and i love spicy foods. i am much like a gumbo chef, where
everything just goes in the pot (I use a rice cooker). this week i have
been into cabbage, broc, cauli, tofu and chickpea masala with brown rice, i
tell ya, it was so hot it brought tears to my nose.

i have alot more energy at times, but still have an inner ear condition i
hope will clear up.

people think it is amazing that i can live this lifestyle, they think its
hard, but its not really. they admit to the benefits but are unwilling to
break away from their love of meat.

Congratulations!

You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n, but some ( about 1
pages worth ).

I highly reccommend you check out the articles at:
http://www.veganhealth.org

The link in my sig is good too.

Again, congratulations and good luck!

--

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdo...ealthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap: It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"

Old 05-08-2005, 09:17 PM
usual suspect

hugod testified:
this is my story... i am 20 years old and live in new zealand...

i had been gradually phasing out meat and developing a taste for the foods
that are now staple.

Interesting. I hope the nitwit John Coleman is reading this so he can
take you to task for having to develop a taste for your new austere diet
since he believes it's the other way around.

i went vegetarian on the 25 of may and made a complete
conversion about this time last month.

Conversion is apropos: veganism is a religion.

it is really bringing out the chef in me,

Oh, I doubt that.

and i love spicy foods. i am much like a gumbo chef, where
everything just goes in the pot (I use a rice cooker). this week i have
been into cabbage, broc, cauli, tofu and chickpea masala with brown rice, i
tell ya, it was so hot it brought tears to my nose.

i have alot more energy at times,

You mean like after you've gotten enough rest after engaging in suitable
daily activities (e.g., mental and physical exercise, breathing clean
air, drinking plenty of water, etc.)?

but still have an inner ear condition i
hope will clear up.

Tofu and chickpeas aren't known for curative powers. I suggest you seek
a physician for that.

people think it is amazing that i can live this lifestyle,

Why is it a lifestyle rather than a diet? What else does this ascetic
approach to eating encompass to make it a lifestyle?

they think its hard,

It can be a form (or part) of asceticism. Most people enjoy meat.
There's no reason why they should shun it completely if they enjoy it.

but its not really. they admit to the benefits but are unwilling to
break away from their love of meat.

What benefits? The fact that they "love" meat should give you some idea
that your attempts to proselytize them will be either futile or
difficult. Why do you feel so compelled to get others to live by the
"light" you've chosen for yourself? Take my advice: most people resent
religious zealots. Make sure you aren't one, and don't let yourself
become one.

Old 05-08-2005, 09:50 PM
usual suspect

Beach Runner wrote:
There are some nasty people in this group.

One such example:

You deserve a punch in the face.
Beach Runner, 23 July 2005

You need to take an anger management class, ass wipe.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:52 PM
usual suspect

Steve wrote:
You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n

Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go anorexic or
bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.
Old 06-08-2005, 01:23 AM
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

Beach Runner wrote:

There are some nasty people in this group.

One such example:

Taken way out of context, after accusing a family member for being a
sexually confused.

You deserve a punch in the face.
Beach Runner, 23 July 2005

You need to take an anger management class, ass wipe.

I write nice things to her. Let her judge.
Old 06-08-2005, 03:26 PM
Beach Runner

Steve gave a sit.
As usual Usual Suspects insulted him without going to the web site.

The basics are eat well rounded foods.

Fruit first, as it digests much faster than grains or veggies.

Avoid highly processed foods.
Don't eat food high in sugar or fat.
Make sure you eat a variety of legumes. Buckwheat has more protein than
beef.
Don't eat fried foods.
Eat organic when possible, Consumer Reports show they have a much lower
incidence of residual pesticides. Wash them well any way.

Some vitamins are fat soluble. A half an avocado a day is a great
strategy and has great lipid profiles.

Check B12 annually.

Follow Steve's recommendation on web sites.

Unusual suspects insults every veg*n. Ignore him or kill file him.

It will completely avoid saturated fats.

I have been a vegetarian over 30 years. My blood tests and health are
generally excellent. Before a car accident I could run 15 K races at 7
minute miles and do 15 pull ups. I'm no lightweight. This is as an
AARP member. My 23 year old son is a lifetime vegetarian and my 26 year
old is also a lifetime vegetarian. Before a car accident he set the
school records in various sport events of speed and strength ( a 6' tall
young man). Usual suspects lies.

You are doing a great thing.

usual suspect wrote:

Steve wrote:

You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n

Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go anorexic or
bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.

Eating vegetarian is not an eating disorder. That is a lie.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:15 PM
rick

usual suspect wrote:

Steve wrote:

You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n

Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go
anorexic or bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.

Eating vegetarian is not an eating disorder. That is a lie.

====================
Veganism is not a diet, killer. It IS a disorder masked as a
religion. O course, amny religion seem to be disorders
themselves, so you fit right in, hypocrite.

btw, where's your water calculations? Araid to admit you were
wrong, as usual?

Old 06-08-2005, 08:03 PM
usual suspect

Bumbling Twit wrote:
You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n

Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go anorexic or
bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.

Eating vegetarian is not an eating disorder. That is a lie.

Veganism IS an eating disorder. You want a website? Try this one, numb nuts:

www.orthorexia.com

See also:
http://www.compulsiveeating.com/vege...disorder.ht m
Old 07-08-2005, 05:15 AM
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:
Bumbling Twit wrote:

You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n

Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go anorexic or
bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.

Eating vegetarian is not an eating disorder. That is a lie.

Veganism IS an eating disorder. You want a website? Try this one, numb
nuts:

www.orthorexia.com

See also:
http://www.compulsiveeating.com/vege...disorder.ht m

Anyone who calls vegan an eating disorder in the vegan group is like
spreading fire in a crowded circus.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Beach Runner

Beach Runner wrote:

usual suspect wrote:

Bumbling Twit wrote:

You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n

Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go anorexic or
bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.

Eating vegetarian is not an eating disorder. That is a lie.

Veganism IS an eating disorder. You want a website? Try this one, numb
nuts:

www.orthorexia.com

He calls sever underweight a desease. He does not mention veganism

See also:
http://www.compulsiveeating.com/vege...disorder.ht m

"Family, friends, clinicians, and vegetarians themselves, need to know
that the potential exists for vegetarianism and veganism to mask an
eating disorder," Morand said. This doesn't mean vegetarianism is the
cause of an eating disorder, or that people shouldn't adopt a vegetarian
lifestyle, but it may be a way for the individual who is struggling with
food and weight issues to justify her or his restrictive eating behaviours.

He does not call it a eating disorder.
There are plenty of healthy vegans.
There are more unhealthy meat eaters dieing of cancer and heart desease.
In that sense, meat eating is a disease. I'm not saying it is, but you
made that claim.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:18 PM
Beach Runner

usual suspect wrote:

hugod testified:

this is my story... i am 20 years old and live in new zealand...

i had been gradually phasing out meat and developing a taste for the
foods that are now staple.

Interesting. I hope the nitwit John Coleman is reading this so he can
take you to task for having to develop a taste for your new austere diet
since he believes it's the other way around.

i went vegetarian on the 25 of may and made a complete conversion
about this time last month.

Conversion is apropos: veganism is a religion.

Only in that it shows concern for other life forms. That's like calling
environmentalism a disease. It is concern for the planet.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:27 PM
usual suspect

Bumbling Twit wrote:
You don't need to know much nutrition to go veg*n

Just like one doesn't need to know much nutrition to go anorexic or
bulimic or to go any other eating disorder.

Eating vegetarian is not an eating disorder. That is a lie.

Veganism IS an eating disorder. You want a website? Try this one, numb
nuts:

www.orthorexia.com

See also:
http://www.compulsiveeating.com/vege...disorder.ht m

Anyone who calls vegan an eating disorder

It is.

in the vegan group

It's true in the vegan group, it's true outside the vegan group. That's
the nature of truth, nitwit.

is like spreading fire in a crowded circus.

Non sequitur.