Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On 29 Mar 2006 15:52:12 -0800, "SD" > wrote:
>
> >One of my pet peeves is people who make claims about things and can't
> >or won't provide the evidence to back it up.

> Do you have a reference to the contrary, that chemicals are not
> used in refining sugar?
>
> -sw

I posted one earlier.....

Look at the raw sugar thread.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:21:24 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Yeff > wrote:
> >
> >> I never tell people how they *have* to prepare food. That said, if I ever
> >> see another person put mayonnaise on a hotdog or pizza I shall murder them.

> >Never seen anyone put mayo on a pizza. Hope I never do. I've seen a
> >guy put mayo on his hot dog. Every day. It looked good but I never
> >tried it myself, exactly.

> Can't be much different than mayo on a bologna sandwich. Bologna is
> just a squashed hot dog.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

<snicker> Too true.....

Bologna lettuce wraps.
Cool idea!
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
> >
> > You know, today just really bugged me. Someone asked a legitimate
> > question and was given the third degree! When I started posting here, I
> > thought I would fit in ok because I love food and cooking - wrong. I
> > have on occasion asked a question or posted info that was totally
> > ignored so I figured why bother. I know some of the regs have me
> > kfilled. That was rather apparent in my very early posting days when
> > the so called queen of jamming won't or can't be bothered to answer my
> > questions and it is quite apparent she is still above replying to any of
> > my posts. So I just did the same and figured oh well. But I don't care
> > how you slice this ng it is cliquish. Period. And that is not
> > flattering. Someone comes here and asks for advice then the clique
> > kicks in and all hell breaks out and they don't like it when anyone says
> > anything about it. If they don't want newbies or even semi newbies or
> > even people like me, why don't they just move to a closed monitored ng?

> Yes, that's right. We are the conspiracy.
> It is the same conspiracy to get you to eat
> white sugar, white bread, white flour, and
> yet (paradoxically) artificially colored
> food. We make you pay to eat our toxins,
> and then we make the big bucks selling you
> drugs to cure the cancers we cause.
>
> With hundreds of billions of dollars at
> our disposal, do you think we would ignore
> the Internet? Hardly. We all got the
> same memo: ~patches~ must be driven off
> the Internet. It's nothing personal, but
> when the powers-that-be target you (and they
> are big powers, way beyond your understanding),
> you will lose.
>
> It is a wise decision for you to accept
> this fate. We will be monitoring your
> phone and e-mail for several months to
> make sure you no longer pose a threat
> to our vast toxin-producing empire.
>
> If necessary, we will suggest thoughts
> to you through our network of mind-control
> satellites -- thoughts that will seem
> just like your own thoughts. Thoughts
> so real that if we suggest you walk
> in front of a speeding car, you will
> do so. Hope this helps! :-)

Google for "tinfoil hat".

<grins>
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Yeff > said:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:21:13 -0600, notbob wrote:
>
> > On 2006-03-29, ~patches~ > wrote:
> >><rant>What I don't get is the lack of tolerance of other people's food
> >> choices and/or ingredients.

> > Judging by your post, you are not exactly immune to this lack of
> > tolerance.

> I never tell people how they *have* to prepare food. That said, if I ever
> see another person put mayonnaise on a hotdog or pizza I shall murder them.

Oh dear. I like mayonnaise on hot dogs...

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 20:42:56 -0500, ~patches~
> > wrote:
>
> >Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> >> Huh??
> >>
> >> Peace,
> >> Carol, semi-regular

> >Dams, she is right. I'm a newbie as far as posting here and have never
> >really fit in and never will. Sorry, you guys really don't want new
> >posters here. There is a lot of driving new people away. Some posters
> >here love doing just that and others do it in a more subtle way but they
> >still do it. When I first started posting here I thought a love of food
> >and cooking would be enough, I was wrong

> You're nowhere near being a newbie, and I think you've been happily
> accepted by a lot of people. Wherever we go, whatever we do, there
> will be people who disagree with us, get combative with us, or just
> plain don't like us. It's that way here, too. Embrace your friends
> and let the others go.
>
> There are plenty of people who have me killfiled, and a few who
> downright dislike me. Too bad for them, huh?
>
> You do have friends here.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

Indeed!!! :-)
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"SD" > wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
> > SD wrote:

> > > One of my pet peeves is people who make claims about things and can't
> > > or won't provide the evidence to back it up.

> > Anywhere else but on usenet this might actually be a concern. I'm
> > intelligent enough to do my own research without depending on someone I
> > have never met on usenet. You want the facts, the best thing is to do
> > your own research, period. Sorry if you don't agree.

> I'm not asking to be spoonfed - I'm asking of you exactly what I ask of
> my 6th grade students. 50% of them just failed a research paper for
> exactly that reason - failure to document facts. When you claim
> something as fact back it up with your references. That's not being
> spoonfed - that's called documenting your facts. Sorry if you don't
> agree.
>
> SD

Usenet is not a class.
We are not being "graded" on our papers here. ;-)

None of us are obligated to back up what we say here.
If you disagree, do your OWN googling to prove us wrong......

We are not being paid to do your research for you.

Hope that helps?
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dan Abel > wrote:

> I've quit this group several times, but never in anger. I just didn't
> have the time to spend on the volume of traffic that is here.
>
> --
> Dan Abel

<lol> I've heard that...

Sometimes if I've been off list for even a couple of days, there will
be, like, 600 posts.

I'll just mark the entire set of posts as "read" and skip them all, then
start from scratch. <G>
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Condiments

On Wed 29 Mar 2006 05:34:41p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it notbob?

> On 2006-03-30, Bob Terwilliger > wrote:
>
>> Best hot dog condiment: HP "Fruity" sauce

> Hewlett-Packard makes a "Fruity" sauce?

House of Parliament!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> You say that a lot about the clique thing. I don't belong to a clique.
> Who does belong to this clique?

I do. We take a vote every six months. Every six months we vote not to
invite you in. You simply aren't worthy.

Only people who like crappy ice are allowed in.

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:21:24 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:

>In article >,
> Yeff > wrote:
>
>> I never tell people how they *have* to prepare food. That said, if I ever
>> see another person put mayonnaise on a hotdog or pizza I shall murder them.

>Never seen anyone put mayo on a pizza. Hope I never do. I've seen a
>guy put mayo on his hot dog. Every day. It looked good but I never
>tried it myself, exactly.
>
>As a kid, we had a condiment called "goop". It was a mixture of yellow
>mustard, mayo, chopped dill pickles and chopped onion. This was usually
>made fresh each time, although it would keep for a little time. It was
>usually used for dipping french fries in, but my mother liked it on
>boiled potatoes also. I like it on hot dogs. Does that count? My
>mother is long gone, but now my daughter likes the stuff.

If you and yours meet violent ends, we'll know who to look for.
--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dan Abel" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>> You say that a lot about the clique thing. I don't belong to a clique.
>> Who does belong to this clique?

> I do. We take a vote every six months. Every six months we vote not to
> invite you in. You simply aren't worthy.

Gawd, it was bad enough when I thought I just didn't get in,
now it's because you actually vote to exclude me? I thought
it was an error of omission.

> Only people who like crappy ice are allowed in.

(laugh!) Gives new meaning to that Marx brothers thing about not
wanting to belong to any club that would have me. I guess I'll have
to pass on the crappy ice crew.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Mar 2006 18:26:05 -0600, "Bob Terwilliger"
> wrote:

>Yeff wrote:
>
>> if I ever see another person put mayonnaise on a hotdog or pizza I shall
>> murder them.

>Best hot dog condiment: HP "Fruity" sauce

Hewlet Packard makes a sauce? And it's Fruity?

>Best pizza condiment: Sriracha
>Best french-fry condiment: Homemade mayo
>
>(Your opinions may vary.)

Best condiment for bean dip on a chip: Tabasco.
Best condiment for pork chops: homemade chile and onion jam
http://tinyurl.com/otyuw
--
modom
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet > writes:
> Mark Thorson > wrote:

>> Yes, that's right. We are the conspiracy.

[snip]
>> With hundreds of billions of dollars at
>> our disposal, do you think we would ignore
>> the Internet? Hardly. We all got the
>> same memo: ~patches~ must be driven off
>> the Internet.

No offense, but who are you? I can't possibly be so far behind on rfc
posts that I've never seen you before. Besides, I know you're being
snarky, but rfc is hardly "the Internet". I think a lot of posters here
think rfc is a much bigger community than it truly is, given how many
reacted about cross-posting and trolls recently.

>Google for "tinfoil hat".

Now that's just mean.

Stacia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet > writes:
> "SD" > wrote:
>> ~patches~ wrote:

>> > Anywhere else but on usenet this might actually be a concern.

>> I'm not asking to be spoonfed - I'm asking of you exactly what I ask of
>> my 6th grade students. 50% of them just failed a research paper for
>> exactly that reason - failure to document facts.

>Usenet is not a class.
>We are not being "graded" on our papers here. ;-)

Some people really see it as that, though. I long ago gave up
spending lots of time proofing my posts but if I make a typo, someone's
going to tell me about it. I think of Usenet as being really informal
and a few misspelled words or cromulent sentences won't kill anyone.

>None of us are obligated to back up what we say here.
>If you disagree, do your OWN googling to prove us wrong......

>We are not being paid to do your research for you.

I like looking things up for myself. You get more info that way, and
don't have to rely on quickie summaries someone else posted.
I've always wondered what would happen if I went into a thread with
supposed information and made up a few URLs that didn't really exist as
"sources". Hmm. I may have a project for tomorrow.

Stacia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"aem" > wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
> > On 29 Mar 2006 15:52:12 -0800, "SD" > wrote:
> >
> > >One of my pet peeves is people who make claims about things and can't
> > >or won't provide the evidence to back it up.

> > Do you have a reference to the contrary, that chemicals are not
> > used in refining sugar?
> >

> Two links (at least, the last time I looked) were posted in the raw
> sugar thread. One by me to a manufacturers trade group site (which is
> automatically suspect, of course, by the paranoid) and the other by Om.
> -aem

This site claims in at least three places that chemicals are used in
sugar production: slaked lime, chalk and phosphates:

http://www.sucrose.com/lcane.html

Now, I happen to like chemicals. I use them all the time at home. One
of my favorites is dihydrogen monoxide (referred to as DHMO for short).
I just took a strawberry break a few minutes ago. I doused my
strawberries in DHMO, and although I drained it off, there was still
some on the berries. With callous disregard for my health, I just left
it on. DHMO is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths every year
due to inhalation. It is the primary component of acid rain. I don't
care. I have a healthy respect for its dangers, but I still use it
every day.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
"Jude" > wrote:

> Steve Wertz wrote:
>

> > ObFood: Fried rice with some fresh j/nglghm for dinner tonight.
> >

> OK, I'll bite. Are you trying to change the subject? I want a recipe
> for j/nglghm. Right. This. Minute. Ya hear me? =)

Well, EFF you too! You know damn well we don't give out the recipe to
anyone unless they belong to the Cabal (there is no Cabal). So, until
you join the Cabal (there is no Cabal) you can't have it.

So there!

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:43:02 -0500, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>You might be new-ish, but if I recall correctly, you've had already
>multiple melt downs and tantrums over how you perceive things?

I'm the *queen* of meltdowns and tantrums. But things always get
better (especially with better meds). And they always get better for
Patches. It's just a bad day.

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 29 Mar 2006 19:26:03 -0800, "Jude" > wrote:

>Steve Wertz wrote:

>> >Steve, I know you're an expert in obscure asian ingredients,
>> >but I'm still just learning. What exactly is j/nglghm?

>> Sorry - I misspelled it. It's j/nghlm.
>> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=j%...&sa=N&tab= wg
>>
>> -sw

>See? Now I'm a part of your RFC clique! I know the inside joke!! This
>is the best day of my life!!

I've been around since '97, and I still can't speak Elbonian. There
are few who are truly fluent.

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:06:24 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>"Dan Abel" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>>> You say that a lot about the clique thing. I don't belong to a clique.
>>> Who does belong to this clique?

>> I do. We take a vote every six months. Every six months we vote not to
>> invite you in. You simply aren't worthy.

>Gawd, it was bad enough when I thought I just didn't get in,
>now it's because you actually vote to exclude me? I thought
>it was an error of omission.

They're just jealous, Nancy. Forget about them (I can't spell the New
Yawk version). They're all having lamb for Easter dinner because they
don't understand the intricacies of preparing ham. Jealous, I tell
ya!

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> Yeff wrote:
>
> > if I ever see another person put mayonnaise on a hotdog or pizza I shall
> > murder them.

> Best hot dog condiment: HP "Fruity" sauce
> Best pizza condiment: Sriracha
> Best french-fry condiment: Homemade mayo
>
> (Your opinions may vary.)
>
> Bob

Fried Mixed Fruits (Mango, Tangerine, Banana) & Shrimps Wraps: Salad
Cream
Shushi: Wasabi + Japanese Soya Sauce
Vietnamese style rice noodle dishes: Sweet Vinegar Sauce
French fries: Ketchup or Fresh Gounded Black Pepper + Salt
Steam/fried Hundred layers pancake: Soy Sauce + Hoi Sin Sauce + Peanut
Sauce
Hot Rubbarb Crumble: Cold Vanilla Ice Cream or Hot Custard
Cold Vanilla Ice Cream: Hot Chocolate Sauce

mmm..

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
modom > wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:21:24 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Yeff > wrote:
> >
> >> I never tell people how they *have* to prepare food. That said, if I ever
> >> see another person put mayonnaise on a hotdog or pizza I shall murder them.

> >Never seen anyone put mayo on a pizza. Hope I never do. I've seen a
> >guy put mayo on his hot dog. Every day. It looked good but I never
> >tried it myself, exactly.
> >
> >As a kid, we had a condiment called "goop". It was a mixture of yellow
> >mustard, mayo, chopped dill pickles and chopped onion. This was usually
> >made fresh each time, although it would keep for a little time. It was
> >usually used for dipping french fries in, but my mother liked it on
> >boiled potatoes also. I like it on hot dogs. Does that count? My
> >mother is long gone, but now my daughter likes the stuff.

> If you and yours meet violent ends, we'll know who to look for.

But if I put it on a bright blue or red plate will I be safe?

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> "Dan Abel" > wrote
>
> > "Nancy Young" > wrote:

> >> You say that a lot about the clique thing. I don't belong to a clique.
> >> Who does belong to this clique?

> > I do. We take a vote every six months. Every six months we vote not to
> > invite you in. You simply aren't worthy.

> Gawd, it was bad enough when I thought I just didn't get in,
> now it's because you actually vote to exclude me? I thought
> it was an error of omission.
>
> > Only people who like crappy ice are allowed in.

> (laugh!) Gives new meaning to that Marx brothers thing about not
> wanting to belong to any club that would have me. I guess I'll have
> to pass on the crappy ice crew.

Do you understand that this means you'll never get the j/nghlm recipe?

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > I've quit this group several times, but never in anger. I just didn't
> > have the time to spend on the volume of traffic that is here.
> >
> > --
> > Dan Abel

> <lol> I've heard that...
>
> Sometimes if I've been off list for even a couple of days, there will
> be, like, 600 posts.
>
> I'll just mark the entire set of posts as "read" and skip them all, then
> start from scratch. <G>

I'm retired now, so I've got the 12 hours a day it takes to read all the
posts and respond to an occasional one.

:-)

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:21:13 -0600, notbob wrote:

> On 2006-03-29, ~patches~ > wrote:
> ><rant>What I don't get is the lack of tolerance of other people's food
> > choices and/or ingredients.

> Judging by your post, you are not exactly immune to this lack of
> tolerance.

I think that's her point....

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 22:01:23 -0600, modom wrote:

> If you and yours meet violent ends, we'll know who to look for.

All's I need is an address and a time that's convenient to both parties. I
mean, I wouldn't want to show up to murder you while you have dinner guest.
That would be awkward.

--

-Jeff B.
zoomie at fastmail dot fm
Posted to rec.food.cooking

~patches~ wrote:
> <rant>What I don't get is the lack of tolerance of other people's food
> choices and/or ingredients.

How many inane threads are you going to start merely to draw attention
to yourself? You're nothing but an attention whore and a bore, too.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

~patches~ wrote:

> I'm a newbie as far as posting here and have never really fit in and never
> will. Sorry, you guys really don't want new posters here. There is a lot
> of driving new people away. Some posters here love doing just that and
> others do it in a more subtle way but they still do it. When I first
> started posting here I thought a love of food and cooking would be enough,
> I was wrong

I'm not sure what you mean by "fitting in." I just jumped right in and
started posting about food, and everybody but the ASSHOLES accepted me --
not that I had any great emotional investment in whether I "fit in" or not.
Sure, I'm involved in flame wars now and then, but that's what you can
expect from any unmoderated group with more than one strong personality
active.

Why WORRY about whether you fit in or not? If you feel you have something to
contribute to the group (including the myriad lurkers and the people who
have voiced support for you), then by all means continue to post. If you
feel that nothing you have to post is WORTHY of this group, then (1) work on
your self-esteem and (2) compare your posts with those of Jimmy Tango: That
ought to make you re-think your worthiness!

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:43:02 -0500, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
> >You might be new-ish, but if I recall correctly, you've had already
> >multiple melt downs and tantrums over how you perceive things?

> I'm the *queen* of meltdowns and tantrums. But things always get
> better (especially with better meds). And they always get better for
> Patches. It's just a bad day.

Yup, things were bad today. I was walking around on tiptoe for awhile.
After some time, my wife seemed to have cooled down a bit (after our son
left for bowling). I talked to her, and at least it wasn't me. It was
our son. It was his one night a week to cook, but he didn't "feel like
it".

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Usenet is not a class.
> We are not being "graded" on our papers here. ;-)
>
> None of us are obligated to back up what we say here.
> If you disagree, do your OWN googling to prove us wrong......
>
> We are not being paid to do your research for you.
>
> Hope that helps?

Perhaps not, but if one is going to make inaccurate statements as being
fact, they should have no problems providing the for to back it up?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> I'm the *queen* of meltdowns and tantrums. But things always get
> better (especially with better meds). And they always get better for
> Patches. It's just a bad day.
>
> Peace,
> Carol

LOL, would ya share some with Patches then please?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:
> In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:43:02 -0500, Goomba38 >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> You might be new-ish, but if I recall correctly, you've had already
>>> multiple melt downs and tantrums over how you perceive things?

>> I'm the *queen* of meltdowns and tantrums. But things always get
>> better (especially with better meds). And they always get better for
>> Patches. It's just a bad day.

> Yup, things were bad today. I was walking around on tiptoe for awhile.
> After some time, my wife seemed to have cooled down a bit (after our son
> left for bowling). I talked to her, and at least it wasn't me. It was
> our son. It was his one night a week to cook, but he didn't "feel like
> it".

What!? He hadn't gone to the food prep center and put in his two hours
labor to prepare those 12 meals for the freezer in advance? Woe is him.
Raise the boy's rent....that'll show him!
Goomba (who's 21 year old son seems to be striving to live at home until
30, like all good Italian boys. Or perhaps it just feels this way to the
increasingly grouchy parental units??)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 29 Mar 2006 10:37:49p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dan Abel?

> In article >,
> modom > wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:21:24 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:

>> >Never seen anyone put mayo on a pizza. Hope I never do. I've seen a
>> >guy put mayo on his hot dog. Every day. It looked good but I never
>> >tried it myself, exactly.
>> >
>> >As a kid, we had a condiment called "goop". It was a mixture of
>> >yellow mustard, mayo, chopped dill pickles and chopped onion. This
>> >was usually made fresh each time, although it would keep for a little
>> >time. It was usually used for dipping french fries in, but my mother
>> >liked it on boiled potatoes also. I like it on hot dogs. Does that
>> >count? My mother is long gone, but now my daughter likes the stuff.

>> If you and yours meet violent ends, we'll know who to look for.

> But if I put it on a bright blue or red plate will I be safe?
>

>:-)

Only modom can do that! You will not be safe!

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________

Posted to rec.food.cooking

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:

> Google for "tinfoil hat".

That used to be an effective approach,
back in the 1960s-early 1980s.

Google "cellphone towers".

A "shadow shield" on the top of
your head is no longer effective.
Don't trust anyone who says it is.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
> > <rant>What I don't get is the lack of tolerance of other people's food
> > choices and/or ingredients.

> How many inane threads are you going to start merely to draw attention
> to yourself? You're nothing but an attention whore and a bore, too.

Boy, talking about a bad day!

I hope this doesn't happen to you often.

:-(

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

~patches~ wrote:
> Dams, she is right. I'm a newbie as far as posting here and have never
> really fit in and never will. Sorry, you guys really don't want new
> posters here. There is a lot of driving new people away. Some posters
> here love doing just that and others do it in a more subtle way but they
> still do it. When I first started posting here I thought a love of food
> and cooking would be enough, I was wrong

If you weren't such an asshole and such an attention whore, you
wouldn't have any problem.

Sheesh. Could she get any more pathetic?

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> I've been around since '97, and I still can't speak Elbonian. There
> are few who are truly fluent.

[hopefully this isn't a double post, I sent it before, but I think I
Emailed it by accident instead of posting]

I've been around since early 92 (and still posting the same stuff, I
noted while Googling). I don't think anyone on this group is fluent in
Elbonian, but there are plenty who are flatulent.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> Also, some folks who publicly discuss their impending lurk/leaving
> status might just be hoping others will talk them out of it or beg them
> to stay. I don't always trust their motivations when they write that.

It's a totally manipulative manuver. When someone posts that crap I
say "Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out..."
-L.

Tabasco rant - Kalmia General Cooking 24 22-09-2011 12:57 PM
Supermarket Rant Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 28 21-12-2006 04:50 AM
OT ice rant The Bubbo General Cooking 91 29-01-2006 02:05 PM
<RANT> Losing someone Andy General Cooking 68 06-01-2006 05:50 PM
A Rant donovan10 Wine 33 22-04-2004 11:48 PM