Posted to rec.food.cooking
Glitter Ninja Glitter Ninja is offline

Default This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!

OmManiPadmeOmelet > writes:
> "SD" > wrote:
>> ~patches~ wrote:

>> > Anywhere else but on usenet this might actually be a concern.

>> I'm not asking to be spoonfed - I'm asking of you exactly what I ask of
>> my 6th grade students. 50% of them just failed a research paper for
>> exactly that reason - failure to document facts.

>Usenet is not a class.
>We are not being "graded" on our papers here. ;-)

Some people really see it as that, though. I long ago gave up
spending lots of time proofing my posts but if I make a typo, someone's
going to tell me about it. I think of Usenet as being really informal
and a few misspelled words or cromulent sentences won't kill anyone.

>None of us are obligated to back up what we say here.
>If you disagree, do your OWN googling to prove us wrong......

>We are not being paid to do your research for you.

I like looking things up for myself. You get more info that way, and
don't have to rely on quickie summaries someone else posted.
I've always wondered what would happen if I went into a thread with
supposed information and made up a few URLs that didn't really exist as
"sources". Hmm. I may have a project for tomorrow.

Stacia