Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

Default <RANT> Losing someone

I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
is the place.

My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
sure didn't save it.

She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
just the way I'm feeling at the moment]

Andy
There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
Stickel. [R.I.P.]

At least she's got her father to look after her.

</RANT>

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Andy wrote:

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

Condolences.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 02 Jan 2006 01:01:15p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Andy?

> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
>
> Andy
> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
> At least she's got her father to look after her.
>
> </RANT>

Andy, I'm very sorry for your and your brother's loss. It's a hell of a
way to start the new year. :-(

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Andy" <q> wrote

> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]

Andy, I'm so sorry. Very sad thing.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kent

My condolences Andy. Losing a precious sister-in-law is very painful. I'm
sorry for your plight.
Kent

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
. ..
>I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
>
> Andy
> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
> At least she's got her father to look after her.
>
> </RANT>

Posted to rec.food.cooking
limey

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

I'm so sorry, Andy. My condolences to you and your brother.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
itsjoannotjoann

Andy,

I'm awfully sorry to hear this and feel your pain. It's not much
condolence to you, but remember she now doesn't have to endure those
treatments nor the pain of her disease.

Blessings to you and your family.

A rose for you and yours -----<----<<---@

Posted to rec.food.cooking
modom

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:01:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

Sincere condolences.

modom

Only superficial people don't judge by appearances.
-- Oscar Wilde
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Roberta

I am sorry for your loss

I know about sister-in-laws that are closer than family, I have one too.

Nothing can fill the void - but the good memories can help ease the pain

Roberta (in VA)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
jmcquown

Andy wrote:

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

I'm very sorry for your and your brother's loss.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sf

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:01:15 -0600, Andy wrote:

> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
>
> Andy
> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
> At least she's got her father to look after her.

My heartfelt condolences to you Andy... I lost two people very close
to me last month, so I know how you feel.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Curly Sue

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:01:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
>is the place.
>

>My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

I'm saddened to hear of that. Condolences.

Sue(tm)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:01:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
>
> Andy
> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
> At least she's got her father to look after her.
>
> </RANT>

I'm so very sorry that you no longer have Lauri in your life.

Hugs,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >, Andy <q>
wrote:

> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.

No shit. :-(
I have yet to see anyone survive lung cancer for more than a year, and
Chemo etc. just makes what little life they have left a living hell.

If I am ever diagnosed with what I know to be a seriously fatal cancer,
(Colon, lung, liver, pancreatic) I'm gonna party down, settle my affairs
and have as much fun as possible.

And get a good prescription for pain killers. ;-p

> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]

I am so very sorry Andy!
My heart goes out to you with sincere love and hugs!!!!!!

> Andy
> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
> At least she's got her father to look after her.
>
> </RANT>

Cheers babe!
Here is hoping the rest of your year goes better!

The pain will subside somewhat with time.
Lots of time.

I promise.......
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Boron Elgar

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:01:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:

>I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
>is the place.
>

>My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
>I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
>sure didn't save it.
>
>She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
>just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
>
>Andy
>There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
>Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
>At least she's got her father to look after her.
>
></RANT>

My condolences to you and your family.

Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
:

> In article >, Andy <q>
> wrote:
>
>> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and

this
>> is the place.
>>

>> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>>
>> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but

it
>> sure didn't save it.

> No shit. :-(
> I have yet to see anyone survive lung cancer for more than a year,

and
> Chemo etc. just makes what little life they have left a living hell.
>
> If I am ever diagnosed with what I know to be a seriously fatal

cancer,
> (Colon, lung, liver, pancreatic) I'm gonna party down, settle my

affairs
> and have as much fun as possible.
>
> And get a good prescription for pain killers. ;-p
>

>> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish,

it's
>> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]

> I am so very sorry Andy!
> My heart goes out to you with sincere love and hugs!!!!!!
>

>> Andy
>> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
>> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>>
>> At least she's got her father to look after her.
>>
>> </RANT>
>>

> Cheers babe!
> Here is hoping the rest of your year goes better!
>
> The pain will subside somewhat with time.
> Lots of time.
>
> I promise.......

I hope you're right. My next worry is that my brother can hold it
together to take care of matters.

Sometimes things aren't planned and we've only spoken briefly.

But Lauri's free of that cancer riddled body, but it still ain't fair.

Andy
Gave up smoking Wed. Sept. 1, 2004 10a.m.

Who claimed life was fair anyway?

Thanks everyone for your kindness. --Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bronwyn

Hugs and love to you, your brother and families at this sad time. A
cruel blow for sure. Be there for your brother if you can. Memories of
a good life will slowly overtake the pain. - trust me - I lost my
brother and mother in the last 18 mths.

Bronwyn

Posted to rec.food.cooking
nancree

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 14:01:15 -0600, Andy <q> wrote:
>
> >I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> >is the place.
> >

> >My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
> >
> >I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> >sure didn't save it.
> >
> >She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> >just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
> >
> >Andy
> >There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> >Stickel. [R.I.P.]
> >-------------------------------

My condolences to you and your family, Andy. You will be in our
thoughts.

Nancree
> >At least she's got her father to look after her.
> >
> ></RANT>

> My condolences to you and your family.
>
> Boron

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

Oh, Andy, I'm so sorry.

serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca

My deepest condolences.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark Shaw

Andy <q> wrote:
> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

My condolences, sir.

I lost my dad in 2003 and my mom in 2004, both near the holidays.
Just last month my brother and I finally got around to scattering
their ashes in the Pacific. It's been a difficult slog, and the
holidays will never, ever be the same for me.

You and your family are in my thoughts.

--
Mark Shaw
"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Elisa

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
. ..
>I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

I'm so sorry Andy.

Elisa

Posted to rec.food.cooking
CJ Jones

Andy wrote:
> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.

I'm writing a book on grief. I started it after someone close died for
something stupid like illness... Remember, EVERY emotional roller
coaster you go through, and all of the weird feelings and ways you want
to deal with this are completely okay...venting online or beating up an
old pillow or even laughing at things you and your brother did when he
and she were dating. It's all the right thing to do, say or feel. Don't
let anyone tell you otherwise.
{{{{{{{andy}}}}}}}}

CJ
Posted to rec.food.cooking
zxcvbob

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> In article >, Andy <q>
> wrote:
>

>>I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
>>is the place.
>>

>>My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>>
>>I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
>>sure didn't save it.

Andy, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It sucks to lose someone on or
near a holiday.

> No shit. :-(
> I have yet to see anyone survive lung cancer for more than a year, and
> Chemo etc. just makes what little life they have left a living hell.

My FIL died of small cell lung cancer a few months ago. He lived almost
exactly 2 years after being diagnosed, and he was in pretty good health
and good spirits until about the last month. Without the chemo and
radiation, I'm pretty sure he would have died much sooner, after a
gradual decline, instead of over a year relatively pain free and then a
sudden crash at the end.

> If I am ever diagnosed with what I know to be a seriously fatal cancer,
> (Colon, lung, liver, pancreatic) I'm gonna party down, settle my affairs
> and have as much fun as possible.

I think I'd go for the extra year followed by a sudden demise. Not to
draw too much of an analogy, but I saw the same thing in a beloved dog
that had cancer. We treated it very conservatively and Dog recovered for
a few months and then died suddenly when the cancer came back.

> And get a good prescription for pain killers. ;-p

Definitely find a doc who's not bashful about morphine.

Best regards,
Bob
Posted to rec.food.cooking
MoM

>> Andy wrote:
>>>
>>> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung
>>> cancer.

So sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing can replace her and
my condolences for her loss to you and your brother.

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
S'mee

One time on Usenet, Andy <q> said:

> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]

I lost my mother the same way, back in '97. You've got my sincerest
sympathies, Andy...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Goodman

Andy wrote:

> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but
> it sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish,
> it's just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
>
> Andy
> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
> At least she's got her father to look after her.
>
> </RANT>

My sympathies!

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester

Andy wrote:
> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
>
> Andy
> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
> At least she's got her father to look after her.
>
> </RANT>

I'm sorry, Andy. My sympathy to you and your family.
Death is a relentless enemy.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >, Andy <q>
wrote:

> I hope you're right. My next worry is that my brother can hold it
> together to take care of matters.

The first year will be the worst.
Watch him carefully!

It's been 3 years now since my beloved mom's passing and she was my very
best friend. I still cry sometimes but I'm coping better. I was a basket
case for nearly a year. I don't know how I kept things together at all.

I know how bad it hurts and how utterly devastating it can be.

> Sometimes things aren't planned and we've only spoken briefly.

As long as she knew she was loved, he should have few regrets.

> But Lauri's free of that cancer riddled body, but it still ain't fair.

Life sucks sometimes.
Just be there for him.

> Andy
> Gave up smoking Wed. Sept. 1, 2004 10a.m.

Ohh! Are you still on the wagon?

> Who claimed life was fair anyway?

:-(

More hugs!
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
nancyjaye

Andy,

I am so sorry for your loss.

I lost a dear friend to the dreaded lung disease just a week before the
High Holidays. I don't know if we ever get over the loss, but I do
know that we have to try to get thru it!

My thoughts are with you,
NancyJaye

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote in news:Omelet-
:

> In article >, Andy <q>
> wrote:
>
>> I hope you're right. My next worry is that my brother can hold it
>> together to take care of matters.

> The first year will be the worst.
> Watch him carefully!

I remember when Mom passed Dad just refused to donate Mom's clothes.

I'm in limbo as far as the vieing and the funeral and being on opposite
coasts, I'm tempted to leave today but I'll hope to hear from Steve today.

That kind of "keeping it together"

> It's been 3 years now since my beloved mom's passing and she was my very
> best friend. I still cry sometimes but I'm coping better. I was a basket
> case for nearly a year. I don't know how I kept things together at all.

Coping takes incredible strength.

> I know how bad it hurts and how utterly devastating it can be.

>> Sometimes things aren't planned and we've only spoken briefly.

> As long as she knew she was loved, he should have few regrets.

Agreed. I missed her the instant I heard.

I sent her a bouque of flowers every week when she started the chemo and
radiation. Steve kept calling with thanks. It was the least I could do.

>> But Lauri's free of that cancer riddled body, but it still ain't fair.

> Life sucks sometimes.
> Just be there for him.
>

>> Andy
>> Gave up smoking Wed. Sept. 1, 2004 10a.m.

> Ohh! Are you still on the wagon?

Yes but I'm not out of the woods by any stretch of the imagination.

>> Who claimed life was fair anyway?

>:-(
>
> More hugs!

{{{hugs}}}

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Andy I am sorry to hear of your great loss. My thoughts are with you.
Hugs, Margaret
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bob Terwilliger

Andy wrote:

> I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]

In the introduction to _Angry Candy_, Harlan Ellison recounted the funeral
of his friend Emily:

==========================BEGIN QUOTE=======================

We sat through the early part of the service, and we perhaps heard the
remarks and sentiments from the minister, Mr. Richelieu. Then he called on
me, and everything I'd wanted to say about Emily, about her warmth and
decency and flawless friendship and personal strength, all of it fled, and I
was angry. There is no other word, I was just goddamned *angry*!

Richelieu had done that standard number about the deceased going on to a
better place, that Emily was at peace at last, that we could all take heart
in the sure and certain knowledge that she was watching us from on high, and
smiling at us.

And I began speaking, and I'm not sure exactly what I said, but it was
something like this:

It's not seemly to speak harshly at the funeral of someone you loved, and
who's gone away, and you miss so much it squeezes your chest when you think
about them. It's not right to make a big scene and cry about how it hurts
when you ask that lost friend a question, and she's not there to answer, as
if the wind took her answer away, and if you listen hard enough you can
still hear her voice receding, getting thinner and smaller and more
transparent. We're not supposed to do that. We're supposed to reassure one
another and say dumb things like, "Well, she couldn't have suffered much."
And I *want* to say things like that, because ceremonies like this are for
the living, and not the dead, because the dead are gone and can't hear what
we say, and I can't even take solace in that, because it isn't a new
thought. And the truth of it is, I can't take any solace *at all*, because
Emily is dead. She's just gone, and we won't hear her cleverness ever
again, and we won't see the way she gave that wry smile, as she turned
half-away so you could enjoy what she said without having to worry about her
reaction. No one allows us to be angry. It isn't fitting, it isn't seemly.
But that's how I feel. I'm just pure and deeply angry that she's gone.
That she died when her life was so good. That's cruel. It's like some kind
of old Arabian Nights revenge, where the djinn waits until you're happiest
to slice you down. And in the compassion that we try to show each other, we
won't let ourselves be angry, won't let ourselves scream at the world that
is now minus that special part.

YOU CAN BE ANGRY! "Do not go gentle into that good night, old age should
burn and rave at close of day; rage, rage against the dying of the light."
It will be a brief enough time before our daily measure softens the edge of
memory, and Emily, and all she was, and all the places in which she resided
in our hearts will have closed over just like the Red Sea, and we won't
*feel* like being angry. We'll just be miserable, and lonely for her, and
we'll never have taken the opportunity to let the stupid nasty world that
took her know how much we miss her and how just goddamned *angry* we are!

And I sat down, and could feel that these people were angry, but not at
Emily's death. They were angry because I hadn't played the game. And I felt
awful, just awful, and I hung my head. And Susan touched my hand, and I
cried.

And Norman [Spinrad] got up, and he climbed the risers to the platform
filled with flowers, and he stood behind the lectern, and he spoke so well.
He believed as I believed, that it is better to send off the loved one with
rage, to show at least for a moment to the empty sky and the sunny day that
you *cared*, enough to look cranky and unseemly, that the loved one deserved
at least *that* much, but he was saner than I. He said, (and this is just a
part, just the best part that I remember), "Don't expect justice. Emily
being taken like this, is not fair. It is not just. She never deserved to
die so soon. There is no justice inherent in the universe -- except what we
put there. All the justice that exists, is what we make. So let us show
compassion and sense and courage, in Emily's name."

Oh, that was *so much* better. I wish I'd had the wit or the skill or the
clear head to say that. Because it was what lay at the core of my anger. It
was something that could keep you busy while mourning. It could kill the
guilt of not having been there to save her. Of not having said to her the
things you now realize she needed to hear from a friend. Of not feeling
adequate to face death. It was wise and sane and correct.

And then Richelieu got up and -- gently but firmly -- debunked what we had
said. With oleaginous sincerity, he told his flock the same fable all over
again, pushing the philosophy of that particular House of God and House of
Men.

When the ceremony was ended, we three stood alone for a time, and no one
came to speak to us, except for one woman who approached us and, smiling as
Richelieu had been smiling, advised us that Emily *was* above, and she hoped
and prayed for us that we would be able to let the sun into our hearts. She
meant well, but I wanted to slug her.

And we walked back to the car, and we got in and drove away from Redondo
Beach; and there hasn't been a day since February of 1986 that I haven't
thought about Emily, and how much I miss my friend.

===========================END QUOTE========================

That's the best description I've ever seen for my reaction to the death of a
loved one. You have my sincere condolences.

Bob

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Chris

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Agreed. I missed her the instant I heard.
>
> I sent her a bouque of flowers every week when she started the chemo and
> radiation. Steve kept calling with thanks. It was the least I could do.

Andy, what a sweet way to show that you cared. I'll bet getting those
flowers gave her a much-needed boost every time.

It's so sad. I'm so very sorry for your loss, and your brother's. Hugs to
both of you.

Chris

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy

Just another thanks to all of you for sharing your kind words, feelings and
thoughts.

{{{HUGS}}}

Andy
It's raining outside and the house is filling up with tears.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
readandpostrosie

((((((((((((((((((andy)))))))))))))))))))

"Andy" <q> wrote in message
. ..
>I don't rant in Usenet much anywhere but today's the the day and this
> is the place.
>

> My brother's wife Lauri died this morning of lung cancer.
>
> I wonder if all the chemo and radiation didn't shorten her life, but it
> sure didn't save it.
>
> She was a better sister to me than my own. [I know that's selfish, it's
> just the way I'm feeling at the moment]
>
> Andy
> There were Richard Pryors and Jonny Cash's but there was also Lauri
> Stickel. [R.I.P.]
>
> At least she's got her father to look after her.
>
> </RANT>

Posted to rec.food.cooking
EastneyEnder

Default <RANT> Losing someone - to Bob

Bob Terwilliger wrote:
> In the introduction to _Angry Candy_, Harlan Ellison recounted the funeral
> of his friend Emily:
>
> ==========================BEGIN QUOTE=======================

/snip/

I've saved this - I read it and cried. Over the Christmas period a close
friend lost his mother and I have been there for him, but this morning I
found he's chosen to withdraw and I can't contact him. I don't know when -
if ever - he will "return"... haven't even heard his voice so far this new
year.

It doesn't help that he's the nearest I've got to a SO at present, even
though it's not even a committed relationship.

I wish I could print this out for him, but in the meantime it's helping me
understand his grief.

Thank you.

--
Sue in Portsmouth,
"Old" Hampshire,

Posted to rec.food.cooking
limey

"EastneyEnder" > wrote in message
> Bob Terwilliger wrote:
>> In the introduction to _Angry Candy_, Harlan Ellison recounted the
>> funeral
>> of his friend Emily:
>>
>> ==========================BEGIN QUOTE=======================
>>

> /snip/
>
> I've saved this - I read it and cried. Over the Christmas period a close
> friend lost his mother and I have been there for him, but this morning I
> found he's chosen to withdraw and I can't contact him. I don't know when -
> if ever - he will "return"... haven't even heard his voice so far this new
> year.
>
> It doesn't help that he's the nearest I've got to a SO at present, even
> though it's not even a committed relationship.
>
> I wish I could print this out for him, but in the meantime it's helping me
> understand his grief.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Sue in Portsmouth,
> "Old" Hampshire,
> "Old" England, UK

What a tribute to Emily. I lost my closest and dearest friend of 32 years
a few months ago and I relived that when I read Bob's post. I could have
been the one saying his words when I attended Celeste's service. I still
break down.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >,
"Bob Terwilliger" > wrote:

> That's the best description I've ever seen for my reaction to the death of a
> loved one. You have my sincere condolences.
>
> Bob

Damn you Bob...
That was indeed eloquent.

Gotta go blow my nose and wipe my face of now.

Anger at the unfairness of it all is indeed the initial emotion.
To hell with the games, the pain is too deep.
It's like having your heart ripped out, stomped on, then only half of it
being put back.
--
Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Just another thanks to all of you for sharing your kind words, feelings and
> thoughts.
>
> {{{HUGS}}}
>
> Andy
> It's raining outside and the house is filling up with tears.

Perfect.

The world sheds tears for her loss.

It rained for 2 weeks starting the day mom died...
--
Om.