Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!

In article >,
(Glitter Ninja) wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet > writes:

> >> I'm not asking to be spoonfed - I'm asking of you exactly what I ask of
> >> my 6th grade students. 50% of them just failed a research paper for
> >> exactly that reason - failure to document facts.

> >Usenet is not a class.
> >We are not being "graded" on our papers here. ;-)

> Some people really see it as that, though. I long ago gave up
> spending lots of time proofing my posts but if I make a typo, someone's
> going to tell me about it. I think of Usenet as being really informal
> and a few misspelled words or cromulent sentences won't kill anyone.

I view usenet as entertainment and probably spend _way_ too much time
here. <G> But I do find it educational.

Once I quit taking it so seriously, I started enjoying it a LOT more!

> >None of us are obligated to back up what we say here.
> >If you disagree, do your OWN googling to prove us wrong......

> >We are not being paid to do your research for you.

> I like looking things up for myself. You get more info that way, and
> don't have to rely on quickie summaries someone else posted.
> I've always wondered what would happen if I went into a thread with
> supposed information and made up a few URLs that didn't really exist as
> "sources". Hmm. I may have a project for tomorrow.
>
> Stacia

What is really fascinating about googling is that, depending on the
subject at hand, there are as many positive sites for something as there
are negative. One can attempt to prove their point by quoting websites
but it can backfire, as your opponent can do the same thing due to the
sheer nature of the internet.

--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dan Abel > wrote:

> In article >,
> modom > wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 17:21:24 -0800, Dan Abel > wrote:

> > >Never seen anyone put mayo on a pizza. Hope I never do. I've seen a
> > >guy put mayo on his hot dog. Every day. It looked good but I never
> > >tried it myself, exactly.
> > >
> > >As a kid, we had a condiment called "goop". It was a mixture of yellow
> > >mustard, mayo, chopped dill pickles and chopped onion. This was usually
> > >made fresh each time, although it would keep for a little time. It was
> > >usually used for dipping french fries in, but my mother liked it on
> > >boiled potatoes also. I like it on hot dogs. Does that count? My
> > >mother is long gone, but now my daughter likes the stuff.

> > If you and yours meet violent ends, we'll know who to look for.

> But if I put it on a bright blue or red plate will I be safe?
>

> :-)
>
> --
> Dan Abel

Damn you are ornery. ;-)
It's what I like about you.....

His plates do tend to be a bit loud.... <lol>
But his photography has improved a LOT I think, along with his
presentation.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dan Abel > wrote:

> In article >,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Dan Abel > wrote:
> >
> > > I've quit this group several times, but never in anger. I just didn't
> > > have the time to spend on the volume of traffic that is here.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dan Abel

> > <lol> I've heard that...
> >
> > Sometimes if I've been off list for even a couple of days, there will
> > be, like, 600 posts.
> >
> > I'll just mark the entire set of posts as "read" and skip them all, then
> > start from scratch. <G>

> I'm retired now, so I've got the 12 hours a day it takes to read all the
> posts and respond to an occasional one.
>

> :-)
>
> --
> Dan Abel

<sniffles> I hate you....... ;-/
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> ~patches~ wrote:
> > <rant>What I don't get is the lack of tolerance of other people's food
> > choices and/or ingredients.

> How many inane threads are you going to start merely to draw attention
> to yourself? You're nothing but an attention whore and a bore, too.
>
> -L.

And you, L., are an outright bitch.

Cheers!
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba38 > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
>
> > Usenet is not a class.
> > We are not being "graded" on our papers here. ;-)
> >
> > None of us are obligated to back up what we say here.
> > If you disagree, do your OWN googling to prove us wrong......
> >
> > We are not being paid to do your research for you.
> >
> > Hope that helps?

> Perhaps not, but if one is going to make inaccurate statements as being
> fact, they should have no problems providing the for to back it up?

Considering the nature of the internet and websites, it's perfectly
possible to back up inaccurate statements with URL's. ;-)

That still does not make them correct.......

I speak from experience. <G>
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
> >
> > Google for "tinfoil hat".

> That used to be an effective approach,
> back in the 1960s-early 1980s.
>
> Google "cellphone towers".
>
> A "shadow shield" on the top of
> your head is no longer effective.
> Don't trust anyone who says it is.

<snicker> Thanks for finally showing your sense of humor. ;-)
I have more respect for you now........

Cheers!
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
"-L." > wrote:

> Dan Abel wrote:
> >

> > Boy, talking about a bad day!
> >
> > I hope this doesn't happen to you often.

> Oh please. She's made at least three posts about how "evil" this group
> is for not "accepting" her whining ass. She needs to just ****ing go
> already and STFU!
> -L.

Why don't you follow your own advice?

I have yet to see anything decent posted by you...
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 01:29:54 -0500, Goomba38 >
> wrote:
>
> >Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> >
> >> I'm the *queen* of meltdowns and tantrums. But things always get
> >> better (especially with better meds). And they always get better for
> >> Patches. It's just a bad day.

> >LOL, would ya share some with Patches then please?

> If I thought I could do something to lessen Patches' pain, I would.
>
> I've been where she is ... overwhelmed, hurt, angry. It feels
> terrible, and I don't wish it on anyone. My intention is to try to be
> patient and to welcome her back when she's feeling better.
>
> We all have bad days. Some worse than others.
>
> Peace and compassion,
> Carol

Carol,

You are such a suberb human bean...... :-)

Hugs!
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Jen" > wrote:

> "-L." > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > ~patches~ wrote:
> >> Dams, she is right. I'm a newbie as far as posting here and have never
> >> really fit in and never will. Sorry, you guys really don't want new
> >> posters here. There is a lot of driving new people away. Some posters
> >> here love doing just that and others do it in a more subtle way but they
> >> still do it. When I first started posting here I thought a love of food
> >> and cooking would be enough, I was wrong

> > If you weren't such an asshole and such an attention whore, you
> > wouldn't have any problem.
> >
> > Sheesh. Could she get any more pathetic?

> That's just plain nasty! And there's no need for it.
>
> Jen

Agreed.

L. is fixin' to land in some killfiles if she keeps that crap up.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, biig > wrote:

> > > I never tell people how they *have* to prepare food. That said, if I
> > > ever
> > > see another person put mayonnaise on a hotdog or pizza I shall murder
> > > them.

> > Or salt on watermelon....... <G>

> boy, I'm in trouble....I love salt on melon...any kind of melon....
> ....Sharon

If I've learned nothing else here, it's that personal tastes vary... ;-)
And there is nothing wrong with that.

I may think the idea is revolting, but if you enjoy it, go for it! <lol>

Food is one of the few true pleasures in life.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ham on Easter and Other Blasphemies (was This Ng and What I don't get! RANT!)

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> They're just jealous, Nancy. Forget about them (I can't spell the New
> Yawk version). They're all having lamb for Easter dinner because they
> don't understand the intricacies of preparing ham. Jealous, I tell
> ya!

Ham?!! Ham on Easter??!! You know that is sacrilege. I'll have to
report you.

I actually do find it bizarre to have a ham on a holiday that
celebrates the resurrection of a Jew, but I don't have a problem with
other people eating them. Just not at my house.

Regards,
Ranee

Remove do not & spam to e-mail me.

http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:20:04 -0500, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> Can't be much different than mayo on a bologna sandwich. Bologna is
>> just a squashed hot dog.

>???
>Ever see bologna before they slice it? It is a huge hot dog, not a quashed one.
>:-)

My bad. <hanging head in shame>

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:09:06 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> wrote:

>Carol,
>
>You are such a suberb human bean...... :-)
>
>Hugs!

Nah, I'm just the victim of rampant emotion sometimes, so I have the
gift (and curse) of empathy toward people who have the same problem.

ObFood: Do you have to soak human beans overnight, and should you use
bubble bath if you do?

Hugs right back atcha!

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:25:25 -0800, Ranee Mueller
> wrote:

>In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>
>> They're just jealous, Nancy. Forget about them (I can't spell the New
>> Yawk version). They're all having lamb for Easter dinner because they
>> don't understand the intricacies of preparing ham. Jealous, I tell
>> ya!

> Ham?!! Ham on Easter??!! You know that is sacrilege. I'll have to
>report you.

LOL! That's what we always had growing up, so that's what Crash and I
usually have now. No room in the budget for lamb, that's for sure!

> I actually do find it bizarre to have a ham on a holiday that
>celebrates the resurrection of a Jew, but I don't have a problem with
>other people eating them. Just not at my house.

My mom always said, regarding Christmas dinner, "It's just not right
to eat ham to celebrate a little Jewish boy's birthday." Can't
remember what we had instead.

Peace,
Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:25:25 -0800, Ranee Mueller
> > wrote:
>
>>In article >,
>> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>>
>>> They're just jealous, Nancy. Forget about them (I can't spell the New
>>> Yawk version). They're all having lamb for Easter dinner because they
>>> don't understand the intricacies of preparing ham. Jealous, I tell
>>> ya!

No one does make a ham quite like I do ... shame, really.

>> Ham?!! Ham on Easter??!! You know that is sacrilege. I'll have to
>>report you.

> LOL! That's what we always had growing up, so that's what Crash and I
> usually have now. No room in the budget for lamb, that's for sure!

I am looking forward to the annual free ham. Have to have
ham on Easter, you know, tradition. Oh, and devilled eggs.

>> I actually do find it bizarre to have a ham on a holiday that
>>celebrates the resurrection of a Jew, but I don't have a problem with
>>other people eating them. Just not at my house.

> My mom always said, regarding Christmas dinner, "It's just not right
> to eat ham to celebrate a little Jewish boy's birthday." Can't
> remember what we had instead.

I think Jesus had standing rib roast, I read that somewhere ...

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Goomba38 > wrote:
> You state you were offended at Barb assuming she possibly ignored you,
> yet do you have any idea if she even SAW your queries??

I killfiled her back in October, I think. I only "see" her if someone
else quotes her.

I think it's hysterical that she's got her undies in such a knot.

It's a NEWSGROUP fercrissake. People seem to forget that.

--
-Barb
<http://jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-27-2006 It Can Can!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:37:27 -0600, Barbara Schaller
> wrote:

>It's a NEWSGROUP fercrissake. People seem to forget that.

Yabbut, newsgroup postings are made by real people, and they do have a
real impact on some of us. I just can't imagine considering all of
these posts to be nothing mroe than pixels on my monitor.

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Nancy Young > wrote:

>"Donna Pattee" > wrote
>
>> I lose my newsgroup access as of the end of today, so any responses
>> will go off into the ozone as far as I'm concerned :-)

>Oh, no! Will you be back?

I'm sure I'll be back - just need to figure out how to read with the
least pain. Someone said to use emails, but I don't think that's
viable.

>> newbies, but what would that have accomplished? And why should I care
>> what he thought anyway?

>But you remember it was a he, right?

Yeah, and if I worked at it, I'd remember his name. He isn't around (here)
any more; he contributed a lot to the group, but he took offense at my
sherbet recipe.

>(smile) Good luck, hope you aren't leaving for good.

Not if I can help it!

>nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ham on Easter and Other Blasphemies - with recipe

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:02:03 -0500, "Nancy Young"
> wrote:

>No one does make a ham quite like I do ... shame, really.

That's certainly true. Tragic.

************************************
Oh, if anyone plans on making contributions to their local food pantry
this month, please consider donating some canned hams (there are some
that don't require refrigeration). Unless you can find some canned
lamb, of course. <G> We'd planned on doing that (the hams), but this
is going to be an extremely tight month for us. Again.
************************************

ObFood: This is fantastic, but is not low-carb.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Honey Glazed Ham

Recipe By :Los Angeles Times
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

---Glaze---
1 cup honey
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 2/3 tablespoons cider vinegar
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
---Ham---
6 pounds cooked ham, bone-in -- OR...
4 pounds cooked ham, boneless

Combine honey, brown sugar, vinegar, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves.

Bake bone-in ham at 350 degrees F 1 hour to heat through basting with
honey sauce occasionally. Place in broiler to glaze top.

To cook boneless ham, slice halfway through at 1/4-inch intervals,
then tie with string. Place in roasting pan. Heat honey sauce and pour
over ham to marinate 24 hours before baking. then bake at 350 degrees
F 1 hour or until heated through. Glaze top under broiler, if desired.
Source:
"http://www.latimes.com/"
Copyright:
"November 19, 1989"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 236 Calories; trace Fat (0.6%
calories from fat); trace Protein; 63g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 13mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0
Fat; 4 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : "The glaze recipe has been cut in half - it makes a huge
amount otherwise." ~Damsel~

Love and kisses,
Damselicious

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ranee Mueller wrote:
> In article >,
> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>

>>They're just jealous, Nancy. Forget about them (I can't spell the New
>>Yawk version). They're all having lamb for Easter dinner because they
>>don't understand the intricacies of preparing ham. Jealous, I tell
>>ya!

> Ham?!! Ham on Easter??!! You know that is sacrilege. I'll have to
> report you.
>
> I actually do find it bizarre to have a ham on a holiday that
> celebrates the resurrection of a Jew, but I don't have a problem with
> other people eating them. Just not at my house.

About 10 years ago, there was an article in one of the local papers
about a family where one parent was Jewish and one Christian. They
served a charoset-stuffed ham on Easter. Sort of takes the meaning away
from both holidays, no?

--

saerah

http://anisaerah.blogspot.com/

email:
anisaerah at s b c global.net

Adam Bowman wrote:
>I always wonder when someone brings up a point about Bush, and you
> then bring up something that Clinton did, are you saying they are both
> wrong? Because that's all it points out to me, places where they both
> messed up. It doesn't negate the fact that Bush did wrong; was that
> your intention?
>
> That type of argument is like
>
> "Bob shot someone"
>
> "Yeah, but don't you remember when Don hit that guy with a bat?"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> boy, I'm in trouble....I love salt on melon...any kind of melon....
>> ....Sharon

> Me, too, Sharon. In fact, I also put pepper on some melons like
> cantaloupe.

> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

Ooh, nooo. Skip the salt and pepper on cantaloupe and try lemon instead!

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:13:54 -0500, "limey" >
wrote:

>>> boy, I'm in trouble....I love salt on melon...any kind of melon....
>>> ....Sharon

>> Me, too, Sharon. In fact, I also put pepper on some melons like
>> cantaloupe.

>> Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

>Ooh, nooo. Skip the salt and pepper on cantaloupe and try lemon instead!

What happened to the good ol' days, when men were men and cantaloupe
was eaten plain? Now I want cantaloupe.

Piece of cantaloupe,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Damsel in dis Dress" wrote >

> What happened to the good ol' days, when men were men and cantaloupe
> was eaten plain? Now I want cantaloupe.

limey writes:

Gone with the days of sitting on the stoop and seeing who could spit the
watermelon seeds the farthest?

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Myers" > wrote:

> "Dan Abel" > wrote in message
> > Now, I happen to like chemicals. I use them all the time at home. One
> > of my favorites is dihydrogen monoxide (referred to as DHMO for short).
> > I just took a strawberry break a few minutes ago. I doused my
> > strawberries in DHMO, and although I drained it off, there was still
> > some on the berries. With callous disregard for my health, I just left
> > it on. DHMO is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths every year
> > due to inhalation. It is the primary component of acid rain. I don't
> > care. I have a healthy respect for its dangers, but I still use it
> > every day.

> Some people just like to live dangerously, I guess. Hell,
> I've even been known to willfully snort huge lungfuls of a
> chemical gas mixture including, among other things, nearly
> a full percent of pure argon.

Better watch that stuff! I have reliable information that only a few
minutes of 100% argon is fatal 100% of the time. You are just skirting
on the edge of death.

> And besides being a DHMO junkie myself, I've also often
> used pure monosodium monochloride in my cooking, and
> significant amounts of isoleucine and phenylalanine.

I showed your post to my wife, and she was just horrified. How can you
put chemicals in your pristine body? Don't you understand that having
chemicals in your body is a Very Bad Thing? Even my doctor has warned
about excessive use of monosodium monochloride.

> Clearly, I need to be locked away for promoting the use of
> such unhealthy and unnatural substances...

Absolutely, people shouldn't put chemicals in their bodies.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bob Myers" > wrote in message

> "-L." > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>> You have never ****ed me off. I just think you're an idiot for calling
>> yourself vegetarian when you eat fish.

> "Fishaterian" really sounds clumsy, though, don't
> you think?
>
> Bob M.
> (Omnivore)

Hmmm - omnivorian? <g>. Has a certain rhythm.

Dora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:37:12 GMT, "limey" > wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" wrote >
>
>> What happened to the good ol' days, when men were men and cantaloupe
>> was eaten plain? Now I want cantaloupe.

>Gone with the days of sitting on the stoop and seeing who could spit the
>watermelon seeds the farthest?

Oh, people still do that! But they're drunk from the vodka that they
had injected into the watermelon. So the seeds go flying everywhere.
Ever try to pick a sticky watermelon seed out of your hair? It ain't
purdy.

Peace,
Carol
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:

> > I'm retired now, so I've got the 12 hours a day it takes to read all the
> > posts and respond to an occasional one.

> <sniffles> I hate you....... ;-/

Don't get mad, get even.

:-)

I put in my 25 years at the last job, 2 1/2 years in school before then
(while working part time at the school, which is how I got my full time
job at that school), 3 years before that, and then two one year stints
at different jobs before that. I also worked while going to college the
four years before that, and paid for 90% of my own college expenses
(including living expenses). I went directly to college from high
school.

This has been my first real break in my entire life (I'm 56 years old).
I deserve a break today!

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:

> Mark Thorson is famous for the whole "food grade" propane debate a few
> weeks ago......

I don't know what was going on there, but I lost a lot of respect for
Mark due to that fiasco. Don't remember him for that!

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article 9>,
Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu 30 Mar 2006 09:25:05a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dan Abel?

> > I use Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. It's mostly salt, but has red
> > pepper and other spices also. It's also good on mangos and corn on the
> > cob. Actually, it's good on everything.

> I'll have to look for that. Supermarket?

Yeah, I've seen it here (California) in the last ten years or so, in the
spice section with the flavored salts. It used to be that you had to
travel to the South (in the US) to find it. My wife's inlaws live in
Lousiana, so I got my first as a Christmas present, since my SIL knows I
like spicy food. It comes in 8oz containers, and I think we paid
US$1.10 for the last one (they last us a long time, since I only use it
at the table and I don't use much salt). My wife doesn't like hot food,
but all three of our kids use it to some extent. I put some in my soup
a few minutes ago for lunch.

It's also available online:

http://www.tonychachere.com/

I priced a case of 12 8oz, and it was US$16.50. Unfortunately, shipping
adds another 50%.

--
Dan Abel

Petaluma, California, USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:

> In article 9>,
> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu 30 Mar 2006 09:25:05a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dan

Abel?

> > > I use Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. It's mostly salt, but has red
> > > pepper and other spices also. It's also good on mangos and corn on

the
> > > cob. Actually, it's good on everything.

> > I'll have to look for that. Supermarket?

> Yeah, I've seen it here (California) in the last ten years or so, in the
> spice section with the flavored salts. It used to be that you had to
> travel to the South (in the US) to find it. My wife's inlaws live in
> Lousiana, so I got my first as a Christmas present, since my SIL knows I
> like spicy food. It comes in 8oz containers, and I think we paid
> US$1.10 for the last one (they last us a long time, since I only use it
> at the table and I don't use much salt). My wife doesn't like hot food,
> but all three of our kids use it to some extent. I put some in my soup
> a few minutes ago for lunch.
>
> It's also available online:
>
> http://www.tonychachere.com/
>
> I priced a case of 12 8oz, and it was US$16.50. Unfortunately, shipping
> adds another 50%.

After years of buying it at the store (it's a staple for me), I resorted to
making my own. It's cheaper and it's easy to do if you buy the bulk spices
(which are all fairly cheap "standards", nothing exotic); you can also
control the amount of sodium...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 30 Mar 2006 01:06:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it sarah
bennett?

> Ranee Mueller wrote:
>> In article >,
>> Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>>

>>>They're just jealous, Nancy. Forget about them (I can't spell the New
>>>Yawk version). They're all having lamb for Easter dinner because they
>>>don't understand the intricacies of preparing ham. Jealous, I tell ya!

>> Ham?!! Ham on Easter??!! You know that is sacrilege. I'll have to
>> report you.
>>
>> I actually do find it bizarre to have a ham on a holiday that
>> celebrates the resurrection of a Jew, but I don't have a problem with
>> other people eating them. Just not at my house.

> About 10 years ago, there was an article in one of the local papers
> about a family where one parent was Jewish and one Christian. They
> served a charoset-stuffed ham on Easter. Sort of takes the meaning away
> from both holidays, no?

I have to admit that I'm glad my religion has no dietary laws.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Bob Myers" > wrote:

> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" > wrote in message
> > Usenet is not a class.
> > We are not being "graded" on our papers here. ;-)
> >
> > None of us are obligated to back up what we say here.
> > If you disagree, do your OWN googling to prove us wrong......
> >
> > We are not being paid to do your research for you.

> That's all very true - but when someone starts out by making
> a claim, and then someone else not only questions that claim
> but also provides solid evidence and reasoning for doing so,
> for the first person to then try to hide behind a "hey, I'm not
> here to spoonfeed you!" is a bit disingenuous, don't you think?
>
> In other words, if you're going to assert something, you can't
> really complain very much if someone politely asks to hear the
> reasons behind that assertion - especially when they bring
> contrary evidence to the table.
>

> Bob M.

My point was simply that it's a free speech forum. ;-)
Nobody is obligated to post URL's.

I personally do try to do it tho' just because I've been on usenet long
enough now, I know how beneficial it can be. <G> And I do, on occasion,
find out when googling that I was wrong so save face.

But, I have the luxury of being on cable access so doin a quick google
in the middle of posting is no big deal.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:09:06 -0600, OmManiPadmeOmelet
> > wrote:
>
> >Carol,
> >
> >You are such a suberb human bean...... :-)
> >
> >Hugs!

> Nah, I'm just the victim of rampant emotion sometimes, so I have the
> gift (and curse) of empathy toward people who have the same problem.
>
> ObFood: Do you have to soak human beans overnight, and should you use
> bubble bath if you do?

<giggles> Cute. I think they taste better if you do. ;-)

> Hugs right back atcha!

:-)

--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Dan Abel > wrote:

> In article >,
> OmManiPadmeOmelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Dan Abel > wrote:

> > > I'm retired now, so I've got the 12 hours a day it takes to read all the
> > > posts and respond to an occasional one.

> > <sniffles> I hate you....... ;-/

> Don't get mad, get even.
>
> :-)
>
> I put in my 25 years at the last job, 2 1/2 years in school before then
> (while working part time at the school, which is how I got my full time
> job at that school), 3 years before that, and then two one year stints
> at different jobs before that. I also worked while going to college the
> four years before that, and paid for 90% of my own college expenses
> (including living expenses). I went directly to college from high
> school.
>
> This has been my first real break in my entire life (I'm 56 years old).
> I deserve a break today!

No doubt you have earned it... <sigh>

I'll be 44 here in 5 days, so I still have another 18 years to go before
I can retire.
--
Peace, Om.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Damsel in dis Dress > said:
> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 21:43:02 -0500, Goomba38 >
> wrote:

> >You might be new-ish, but if I recall correctly, you've had already
> >multiple melt downs and tantrums over how you perceive things?

Yup, which is why I killfiled her a long time ago. One of those "why
is everyone picking on me?" types. No thanks.

> I'm the *queen* of meltdowns and tantrums. But things always get
> better (especially with better meds). And they always get better for
> Patches. It's just a bad day.

You're sweet to defend her, Carol, but you're nothing like that,
IMHO. Sure, many of us get fed up and leave Usenet for a while, but
to couple that with yet another tirade about what's wrong with the
froup is just begging for attention...

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

limey wrote:

> >> boy, I'm in trouble....I love salt on melon...any kind of melon....
> >> ....Sharon

> > Me, too, Sharon. In fact, I also put pepper on some melons like
> > cantaloupe.

> > Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬

> Ooh, nooo. Skip the salt and pepper on cantaloupe and try lemon instead!
>
> Dora

Three cheers for diversity....Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Melba's Jammin' > said:
> In article .com>,
> "Jude" > wrote:
>
> > Besides, who's gonna teach us about home-canning and make me drool for
> > lovely fresh peaches in the winter, etc?

> rec.food.preserving. Plenty of knowledgeable folks there, civil, and
> mostly ON-topic. "Be there or be square!" :-)

Civil? Then how the heck do you fit in, Barb..? ;->

--
jj - rfc (Jani) in WA
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu 30 Mar 2006 02:11:21p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dan Abel?

> In article 9>,
> Wayne Boatwright <wayneboatwright_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu 30 Mar 2006 09:25:05a, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Dan
>> Abel?

>> > I use Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning. It's mostly salt, but has
>> > red pepper and other spices also. It's also good on mangos and corn
>> > on the cob. Actually, it's good on everything.

>> I'll have to look for that. Supermarket?

> Yeah, I've seen it here (California) in the last ten years or so, in the
> spice section with the flavored salts. It used to be that you had to
> travel to the South (in the US) to find it. My wife's inlaws live in
> Lousiana, so I got my first as a Christmas present, since my SIL knows I
> like spicy food. It comes in 8oz containers, and I think we paid
> US$1.10 for the last one (they last us a long time, since I only use it
> at the table and I don't use much salt). My wife doesn't like hot food,
> but all three of our kids use it to some extent. I put some in my soup
> a few minutes ago for lunch.
>
> It's also available online:
>
> http://www.tonychachere.com/
>
> I priced a case of 12 8oz, and it was US$16.50. Unfortunately, shipping
> adds another 50%.

Thanks, Dan. Now that I see the container, it looks familiar. I check on
my next shopping trip.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> This has been my first real break in my entire life (I'm 56 years old).
>> I deserve a break today!

> No doubt you have earned it... <sigh>
>
> I'll be 44 here in 5 days, so I still have another 18 years to go before
> I can retire.
> --
> Peace, Om.

Your saying that, Om, reminded me that DH retired when he was 44 (1988) and
now it has already been 18 years. Humming right along -- "I'm so glad we
had that time together."
Don't be too anxious to retire, get the most out of every day -- I know you
do -- I'm just writing that for others who don't!
Dee Dee

Tabasco rant - Kalmia General Cooking 24 22-09-2011 12:57 PM
Supermarket Rant Terry Pulliam Burd General Cooking 28 21-12-2006 03:50 AM
OT ice rant The Bubbo General Cooking 91 29-01-2006 01:05 PM
<RANT> Losing someone Andy General Cooking 68 06-01-2006 04:50 PM
A Rant donovan10 Wine 33 22-04-2004 11:48 PM