Old 18-01-2006, 02:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

Default English muffins

Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

nancy

Old 18-01-2006, 03:10 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Margaret Suran

Nancy Young wrote:
Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

nancy

Also, no matter how you handle them, the two halves always stick
together. But once you pry the halves apart, toast them, butter them
and put some very special jam on them (Blushing Peach today, which has
nothing to blush about), you forget all about the inconveniences that
you encountered. This was a really good breakfast this morning!
Old 18-01-2006, 03:11 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Shaun aRe

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

nancy

Who is this *they*?!?

Just askin'.

Shaun aRe, even split muffins here thanks.

Old 18-01-2006, 03:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Shaun aRe" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote

Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

Who is this *they*?!?

Just askin'.

Shaun aRe, even split muffins here thanks.

Oh, don't play like you don't know ... Thomas', that
bakery from England. Came over here with the uneven
muffins.

nancy

Old 18-01-2006, 03:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Shaun aRe

"Nancy Young" wrote in message

"Shaun aRe" wrote

"Nancy Young" wrote

Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

Who is this *they*?!?

Just askin'.

Shaun aRe, even split muffins here thanks.

Oh, don't play like you don't know ... Thomas', that
bakery from England. Came over here with the uneven
muffins.

I don' believe you - they must be Americanian muffins not Englundiaish ones.

Shaun aRe

Old 18-01-2006, 03:44 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"Margaret Suran" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:
Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Also, no matter how you handle them, the two halves always stick
together. But once you pry the halves apart, toast them, butter them and
put some very special jam on them (Blushing Peach today, which has nothing
to blush about), you forget all about the inconveniences that you
encountered. This was a really good breakfast this morning!

I love english muffins for breakfast! Once you pry the larger
'half' out of the toaster and dig for the smaller one (with a metal
knife, natch), you're good to go.

nancy

Old 18-01-2006, 04:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

Nancy Young wrote:
Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

I don't know where you get yours but my Thomas' are all virgins... I
fork em myself... and I have purty good aim with nooky, not so good
with cranny

Sheldon

Old 18-01-2006, 04:57 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article ,
"Nancy Young" wrote:

Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

nancy

I just slice 'em like a bagel...... :-)
--
Om.

Old 18-01-2006, 05:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article ,
"Nancy Young" wrote:

Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

nancy

I just slice 'em like a bagel...... :-)

I suppose you don't get your nooky and cranny buttered too often.

Old 18-01-2006, 05:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
OmManiPadmeOmelet

In article .com,
"Sheldon" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article ,
"Nancy Young" wrote:

Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

nancy

I just slice 'em like a bagel...... :-)

I suppose you don't get your nooky and cranny buttered too often.

No more than yours......
--
Om.

Old 18-01-2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Faux_Pseudo

_.-In rec.food.cooking, Nancy Young wrote the following -._
Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Then they would look fake and people wouldn't buy them. Sometimes
defects are intentional because they add character or the appearance
of authenticity.

What gets me is that 'they' have many flavors out there including
light and whole grain kinds but even these have high fructose corn
syrup. Can I get healthy muffins without the HFCS. Is that too much
to ask?

--
.-')) fauxascii.com ('-. | It's a damn poor mind that
' ..- .:" ) ( ":. -.. ' | can only think of one way to
Old 18-01-2006, 07:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
aem

Nancy Young wrote:

I love english muffins for breakfast! Once you pry the larger
'half' out of the toaster and dig for the smaller one (with a metal
knife, natch), you're good to go.

Toaster oven. What I find amusing about English muffins is that they
were (intelligently) designed to encourage you to slather on a lot of
butter, yet cream cheese works so well on them. -ae,

Old 18-01-2006, 07:12 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Nancy Young

"aem" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:

I love english muffins for breakfast! Once you pry the larger
'half' out of the toaster and dig for the smaller one (with a metal
knife, natch), you're good to go.

Toaster oven.

Actually, I have been toying with the idea of getting a
toaster oven, no, not to make toast, but I'm going to look
at them. I think I'd really like one in the summer, especially.

Or for the occasional leftover eggroll.

What I find amusing about English muffins is that they
were (intelligently) designed to encourage you to slather on a lot of
butter, yet cream cheese works so well on them.

I do love both of those in unseemly quantities ... and
english muffins make for great delivery systems.

nancy

Old 18-01-2006, 07:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article .com,
"Sheldon" wrote:

OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
In article ,
"Nancy Young" wrote:

Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Just sayin.

nancy

I just slice 'em like a bagel...... :-)

I suppose you don't get your nooky and cranny buttered too often.

No more than yours......

Mine has no nooky, or cranny.... but drawn butter, enough to drown you!
hehe

Old 18-01-2006, 08:04 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
serene

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:44:40 -0500, "Nancy Young"
wrote:

"Margaret Suran" wrote

Nancy Young wrote:
Seems to me after all this time they'd have figured
out a way to fork split them so that the halves are just
a teensy bit more even, not like 70/30?

Also, no matter how you handle them, the two halves always stick
together. But once you pry the halves apart, toast them, butter them and
put some very special jam on them (Blushing Peach today, which has nothing
to blush about), you forget all about the inconveniences that you
encountered. This was a really good breakfast this morning!

I love english muffins for breakfast! Once you pry the larger
'half' out of the toaster and dig for the smaller one (with a metal
knife, natch), you're good to go.

I have two words for you: Toaster oven. :-)

serene, who never has to pry toast/muffins/bagels out of anywhere