Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quiche Again

On 2021-04-04 1:00 p.m., Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-04 2:10 p.m., Graham wrote:
>> On 2021-04-04 10:50 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I remember trying sweet potatoes when I was a kid and it set off an
>>> aversion that took me years to overcome.Â* It was some sort of
>>> casserole of mashed sweet potatoes and covered with marshmallow and
>>> baked until it was all sticky and gooey.Â* I don't think any of us
>>> were impressed. We just didn't eat sweet dishes like that.Â* I know
>>> eat sweet potato regularly.
>>>

>> I used to cook sweet taters at xmas but, after mashing, mix in some
>> walnuts.

> I don't do nuts, but they are always a little better with some curry
> powder added to them.

That's a good idea. However, I haven't cooked any for over 25 years:-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 4:15:39 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 jmcquown wrote:

> >> To me using perfectly good fresh asparagus for soup is a waste of
> >> perfectly good fresh asparagus... for soup I'd probably use canned
> >> asparagus... but probably not, I like canned asparagus cold from the
> >> fridge.

> >TIAD! Sorry, but canned asparagus is some of the worst stuff. As for
> >the soup, you might as well buy Campbell's Cream of Asparagus soup (that
> >stuff sucks) if you're going to dump canned asparagus in a pot and call
> >it soup.
> >
> >> The ice cold canned asparagus juice is a cook's treat...

> >no thanks
> >
> >> actually very good mixed 50-50 with V-8. I like most canned
> >> vegetables, especially beets, the beet juice too.

> >You may have my share of whatever the heck that stuff is.
> >
> >Jill

> You don't possess very adventurous taste... seems you say you don't
> like things you've never tasted. You definately have deep south taste
> buds so why wouldn't you like Shav, it's GREENS!, aka sour grass, I
> prefer it ice cold but makes an excellent hot soup too. You probably
> never heard of Shav but still you snipped it.
>
> I like asparagus a lot but still I've tried it as a hot soup but don't
> like it because I don't care for cream-of soups. The only way I like
> milk is chocolate milk as in a chocolate egg cream.

Egg creams are strange, because they have neither eggs nor cream.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mike Duffy wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 11:19:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Is this actually Gary trying to prove a point?

> > Or is it the aioe troll?

> I'm still trying to guess a reason anyone would use AIOE to read
> messages and then post from a different server. Isn't that the exact
> opposite of what a troll would do? And if he's not a troll, what's
> the point of using a slower lower-retention server just for reading?

The troll (or trolls) are mostly on AIOE but NewsgroupDirect is also
suspect. Problem is I think we have valid members on that one. Hard
to be sure.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:09:34 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-04-04 3:14 p.m., S Viemeister wrote:
>> On 04/04/2021 19:12, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> TIAD!Â* Sorry, but canned asparagus is some of the worst stuff.Â* As for
>>> the soup, you might as well buy Campbell's Cream of Asparagus soup
>>> (that stuff sucks) if you're going to dump canned asparagus in a pot
>>> and call it soup.
>>>

>> I thought I hated asparagus, as my first exposure to it was that
>> revolting canned stuff.
>>
>> I later learned that fresh, and properly cooked, it's delicious.

> I love asparagus. I always have. I have come close to overdoing it
>now that we can get it year round. The imported stuff is a lot better
>than it used to be, but about the time the quality starts to go downhill
>the local stuff is in season and then it is a whole new asparagus
>experience.

It's a pity that y'all probably don't have access to white asparagus.
Talk about a whole new asparagus experience.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 15:42:53 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Mike Duffy wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 11:19:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > Is this actually Gary trying to prove a point?

>> > Or is it the aioe troll?

>> I'm still trying to guess a reason anyone would use AIOE to read
>> messages and then post from a different server. Isn't that the exact
>> opposite of what a troll would do? And if he's not a troll, what's
>> the point of using a slower lower-retention server just for reading?

>The troll (or trolls) are mostly on AIOE but NewsgroupDirect is also
>suspect. Problem is I think we have valid members on that one. Hard
>to be sure.

Don't forget Neodome.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:46:02 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:09:34 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> I thought I hated asparagus, as my first exposure to it was that
>>> revolting canned stuff.
>>>
>>> I later learned that fresh, and properly cooked, it's delicious.

>> I love asparagus. I always have. I have come close to overdoing it
>>now that we can get it year round. The imported stuff is a lot better
>>than it used to be, but about the time the quality starts to go downhill
>>the local stuff is in season and then it is a whole new asparagus
>>experience.

>It's a pity that y'all probably don't have access to white asparagus.
>Talk about a whole new asparagus experience.

^The turd just can't help itself. Cant have a simple discussion on
food with it sniping away at people. Just FXXX OFF and die, troll.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 13:23:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 4:15:39 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>> >TIAD! Sorry, but canned asparagus is some of the worst stuff. As for
>> >the soup, you might as well buy Campbell's Cream of Asparagus soup (that
>> >stuff sucks) if you're going to dump canned asparagus in a pot and call
>> >it soup.

>> >no thanks

>> >You may have my share of whatever the heck that stuff is.
>> >
>> >Jill

>> You don't possess very adventurous taste... seems you say you don't
>> like things you've never tasted. You definately have deep south taste
>> buds so why wouldn't you like Shav, it's GREENS!, aka sour grass, I
>> prefer it ice cold but makes an excellent hot soup too. You probably
>> never heard of Shav but still you snipped it.
>>
>> I like asparagus a lot but still I've tried it as a hot soup but don't
>> like it because I don't care for cream-of soups. The only way I like
>> milk is chocolate milk as in a chocolate egg cream.

>Egg creams are strange, because they have neither eggs nor cream.

No eggs but they have the cream of whole milk. You're like Jill, you
judge foods you've never eaten.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 11:49:38 -0400, Don Shenkenberger
> wrote:

>On 4/4/2021 10:12 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> I can't be bothered to make pie, when it's so easy to buy one
>>> at the bakery with a butter and/or lard crust.
>>>
>>> There are things I am adamant about making myself.* Barbecue sauce,
>>> for example.* Spaghetti sauce, for another.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> FYI, "Our" Gary didn't write that,
> >

>Actually Gary DID write that.
> >
>> the nymshifting troll did. >

>You're so ****ing paranoid you can't keep your shit
>straight, you loopy ****.

I like you. Because I hate McBiddy too.

--
The real Dr. Bruce sniffs with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 12:00:32 -0400, Don Shenkenberger
> wrote:

>On 4/4/2021 9:53 AM, gary wrote:

>>> That looks great. Nice crimping on the crust.

>> It's a store made crust. Jill can't be bothered to make her own. She's a
>> half-ass cook.
>>

>What’s the difference between pizza and Jill's pussy?

With or without anchovies?

>With pizza, you can eat the crust.

LOL, good one.

--
The real Dr. Bruce sniffs with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 11:57:13 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> wrote:

>On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 21:44:06 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2021-04-03 9:18 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>>

>>> Any of the red flavors with bananas, canned peaches, or fruit cocktail.
>>> Grew up on those variations.
>>>
>>> Making Jello was my first cooking experience as a kid.

>>I used to date a girl whose sister could not make Jell-O.

>That would be a great first sentence of your autobiography.

Even better would be: Bruce died at the hands of an omnivore. Using
pliers and wire.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 15:42:53 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Mike Duffy wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 11:19:29 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>> > Is this actually Gary trying to prove a point?

>> > Or is it the aioe troll?

>> I'm still trying to guess a reason anyone would use AIOE to read
>> messages and then post from a different server. Isn't that the exact
>> opposite of what a troll would do? And if he's not a troll, what's
>> the point of using a slower lower-retention server just for reading?

>The troll (or trolls) are mostly on AIOE but NewsgroupDirect is also
>suspect. Problem is I think we have valid members on that one. Hard
>to be sure.

Why can't you get anything right when it comes to Usenet?
You get basic facts and especially attributions wrong with amazing
regularity.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:56:43 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 15:42:53 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>Mike Duffy wrote:

>>> I'm still trying to guess a reason anyone would use AIOE to read
>>> messages and then post from a different server. Isn't that the exact
>>> opposite of what a troll would do? And if he's not a troll, what's
>>> the point of using a slower lower-retention server just for reading?

>>The troll (or trolls) are mostly on AIOE but NewsgroupDirect is also
>>suspect. Problem is I think we have valid members on that one. Hard
>>to be sure.

>Don't forget Neodome.

Yes. Don't forget the server YOU USED TO USE DAILY, until you were
frogged (lol). What a hypocritical turd you are.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/4/2021 3:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-04-04 2:10 p.m., Graham wrote:
>> On 2021-04-04 10:50 a.m., Dave Smith wrote:

>>> I remember trying sweet potatoes when I was a kid and it set off an
>>> aversion that took me years to overcome.Â* It was some sort of
>>> casserole of mashed sweet potatoes and covered with marshmallow and
>>> baked until it was all sticky and gooey.Â* I don't think any of us
>>> were impressed. We just didn't eat sweet dishes like that.Â* I know
>>> eat sweet potato regularly.
>>>

>> I used to cook sweet taters at xmas but, after mashing, mix in some
>> walnuts.

> I don't do nuts, but they are always a little better with some curry
> powder added to them.

I don't do curry powder. Love sweet potatoes baked just like regular
potatoes, though. Butter and salt.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 4:10:08 PM UTC-5, Allan Rogers wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 15:42:53 -0500, "cshenk"
> > wrote:
> >Mike Duffy wrote:

> >> I'm still trying to guess a reason anyone would use AIOE to read
> >> messages and then post from a different server. Isn't that the exact
> >> opposite of what a troll would do? And if he's not a troll, what's
> >> the point of using a slower lower-retention server just for reading?

> >The troll (or trolls) are mostly on AIOE but NewsgroupDirect is also
> >suspect. Problem is I think we have valid members on that one. Hard
> >to be sure.

> Why can't you get anything right when it comes to Usenet?
> You get basic facts and especially attributions wrong with amazing
> regularity.

Positively scary to think that she works in the US military lol...

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/4/2021 3:14 PM, S Viemeister wrote:
> On 04/04/2021 19:12, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> TIAD!Â* Sorry, but canned asparagus is some of the worst stuff.Â* As for
>> the soup, you might as well buy Campbell's Cream of Asparagus soup
>> (that stuff sucks) if you're going to dump canned asparagus in a pot
>> and call it soup.
>>

> I thought I hated asparagus, as my first exposure to it was that
> revolting canned stuff.
>
> I later learned that fresh, and properly cooked, it's delicious.

Mom served canned asparagus when I was growing up. I'd eat it but I
couldn't say I loved it. Then I tasted fresh and wow, what a difference!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 5:21:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:
> On 4/4/2021 3:00 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

> >> I used to cook sweet taters at xmas but, after mashing, mix in some
> >> walnuts.

> > I don't do nuts, but they are always a little better with some curry
> > powder added to them.
> >

> I don't do curry powder. Love sweet potatoes baked just like regular
> potatoes, though. Butter and salt.

With regular potatoes, you don't add sour cream and chives?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 4:57:07 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 13:23:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:

> >> You don't possess very adventurous taste... seems you say you don't
> >> like things you've never tasted. You definately have deep south taste
> >> buds so why wouldn't you like Shav, it's GREENS!, aka sour grass, I
> >> prefer it ice cold but makes an excellent hot soup too. You probably
> >> never heard of Shav but still you snipped it.
> >>
> >> I like asparagus a lot but still I've tried it as a hot soup but don't
> >> like it because I don't care for cream-of soups. The only way I like
> >> milk is chocolate milk as in a chocolate egg cream.

> >Egg creams are strange, because they have neither eggs nor cream.

> No eggs but they have the cream of whole milk. You're like Jill, you
> judge foods you've never eaten.

I lived in Bx for what? 13 years? Of course I've had an egg cream. Seltzer and milk. I don't like it. Its to simple for me, its almost as bad as eating just cheese pizza.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 14:23:37 -0700 (PDT), GM
> wrote:

>On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 4:10:08 PM UTC-5, Allan Rogers wrote:
>> On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 15:42:53 -0500, "cshenk"
>> > wrote:

>> >The troll (or trolls) are mostly on AIOE but NewsgroupDirect is also
>> >suspect. Problem is I think we have valid members on that one. Hard
>> >to be sure.

>> Why can't you get anything right when it comes to Usenet?
>> You get basic facts and especially attributions wrong with amazing
>> regularity.

>Positively scary to think that she works in the US military lol...

Indeed.

Imagine if Shemp worked in a nuclear weapon facility.....

Shemp: *ring ring* "Hello, this is seargent Shemp, how may I help you"

Ophelia in accounting: "Hi Carol, it's just Opehlia in accounting,
would you like some take out for lunch? We're thinking of getting
Korean today"

Shemp: "What?? The Koreans want to take us out?!? ***Mashes the RED
BUTTON furiously***
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pamela wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:46:02 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:09:34 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I love asparagus. I always have. I have come close to overdoing it
>>> now that we can get it year round. The imported stuff is a lot better
>>> than it used to be, but about the time the quality starts to go downhill
>>> the local stuff is in season and then it is a whole new asparagus
>>> experience.

>> It's a pity that y'all probably don't have access to white asparagus.
>> Talk about a whole new asparagus experience.

> ^The turd just can't help itself. Cant have a simple discussion on
> food with it sniping away at people. Just FXXX OFF and die, troll.

The master is just sniffing dave smith's ass, as usual.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bruce bowser wrote:
> On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 5:21:57 PM UTC-4, wrote:

>>> I don't do nuts, but they are always a little better with some curry
>>> powder added to them.
>>>

>> I don't do curry powder. Love sweet potatoes baked just like regular
>> potatoes, though. Butter and salt.

> With regular potatoes, you don't add sour cream and chives?

That works with sweet potatos too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 17:04:11 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Pamela wrote:
>> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:46:02 +1000, Dr. Bruce
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:09:34 -0400, Dave Smith

>>> It's a pity that y'all probably don't have access to white asparagus.
>>> Talk about a whole new asparagus experience.

>> ^The turd just can't help itself. Cant have a simple discussion on
>> food with it sniping away at people. Just FXXX OFF and die, troll.
>>

>The master is just sniffing dave smith's ass, as usual.

Scroll down the group list............ if you see a post from Dave,
you always see Bruce has replied. Every single time.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:46:02 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:09:34 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> I thought I hated asparagus, as my first exposure to it was that
>>> revolting canned stuff.
>>>
>>> I later learned that fresh, and properly cooked, it's delicious.

>> I love asparagus. I always have. I have come close to overdoing it
>>now that we can get it year round. The imported stuff is a lot better
>>than it used to be, but about the time the quality starts to go downhill
>>the local stuff is in season and then it is a whole new asparagus
>>experience.

>It's a pity that y'all probably don't have access to white asparagus.
>Talk about a whole new asparagus experience.

White asparagus is nice admittedly, but regular green asparagus also
has a nice robust flavour of its own.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/4/2021 3:08 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 19:15:54 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> This is such a delightful and easy thing to prepare.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/YSpgtNpC/spinach.jpg

> Do you have a gas or electric oven?
> Because I would guess that one
> half of your gas burner in the oven is not firing. This happened to
> me, too. A citric acid wash fixed that. If electric, does the whole
> element get red hot, or only part of it? Convection?
>
> -sw

It's a circa 1987 GE Spacemaker electric oven/stovetop combo with a
built in overhead microwave. My bad for not remembering to rotate the
quiche sooner so it would brown evenly. I set the timer but got busy
with some other things so I turned it a bit late. Still delicious!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 4/4/2021 6:49 PM, Lucretia Borgia wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:46:02 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:09:34 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I love asparagus. I always have. I have come close to overdoing it
>>> now that we can get it year round. The imported stuff is a lot better
>>> than it used to be, but about the time the quality starts to go downhill
>>> the local stuff is in season and then it is a whole new asparagus
>>> experience.

>> It's a pity that y'all probably don't have access to white asparagus.
>> Talk about a whole new asparagus experience.

> White asparagus is nice admittedly, but regular green asparagus also
> has a nice robust flavour of its own.

White asparagus has merely been deprived of chlorophyll/sunlight.
There's nothing special about it. I can find it in jars but it's no
better than canned asparagus. I'll take the fresh, thanks.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:53:41 AM UTC-5, gary wrote:

> It's a store made crust. Jill can't be bothered to make her own. She's a
> half-ass cook.

So are all of mine, whether for a pie or a pot pie; they're all store-bought.
I guess that makes me a half-assed cook, too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 11:50:24 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> I remember trying sweet potatoes when I was a kid and it set off an
> aversion that took me years to overcome. It was some sort of casserole
> of mashed sweet potatoes and covered with marshmallow and baked until it
> was all sticky and gooey. I don't think any of us were impressed. We
> just didn't eat sweet dishes like that. I know eat sweet potato regularly.

(Sigh) I still like mashed sweet potatoes with a topping of browned
marshmallows on top. Even better if there's some chopped pecans
in the potatoes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 1:11:03 PM UTC-5, Graham wrote:

> I used to cook sweet taters at xmas but, after mashing, mix in some walnuts.

Mmmmmmmmmmm. I guess marshmallows never darkened your door.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-04-04 4:56 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:46:02 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:09:34 -0400, Dave Smith
>> > wrote:

>>> I love asparagus. I always have. I have come close to overdoing it
>>> now that we can get it year round. The imported stuff is a lot better
>>> than it used to be, but about the time the quality starts to go downhill
>>> the local stuff is in season and then it is a whole new asparagus
>>> experience.

>> It's a pity that y'all probably don't have access to white asparagus.
>> Talk about a whole new asparagus experience.

> ^The turd just can't help itself. Cant have a simple discussion on
> food with it sniping away at people. Just FXXX OFF and die, troll.

Isn't it fortunate for him that he has you to relay his idiocy.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2021-04-04 4:56 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> > On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:46:02 +1000, Dr. Bruce
> > wrote:

> it
> > >
> > > It's a pity that y'all probably don't have access to white
> > > asparagus. Talk about a whole new asparagus experience.

> > ^The turd just can't help itself. Cant have a simple discussion on
> > food with it sniping away at people. Just FXXX OFF and die, troll.
> >

> Isn't it fortunate for him that he has you to relay his idiocy.

You're talking to a troll, Dave. I thought you hated trolls.

--
The real Brooce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 6:49:05 PM UTC-5, Dr. Bruce wrote:

> wrote:
>
> > (Sigh) I still like mashed sweet potatoes with a topping of browned
> > marshmallows on top.
> >

> This sounds gross to a non American. But since you're American: Enjoy!

I do, every time I'm lucky enough to have it served to me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 08:09:00 +1000, Allan Rogers >
wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 17:04:11 -0500, Hank Rogers >
>wrote:
>
>>Pamela wrote:
>>> On Mon, 05 Apr 2021 06:46:02 +1000, Dr. Bruce

>>> ^The turd just can't help itself. Cant have a simple discussion on
>>> food with it sniping away at people. Just FXXX OFF and die, troll.
>>>

>>The master is just sniffing dave smith's ass, as usual.

>Scroll down the group list............ if you see a post from Dave,
>you always see Bruce has replied. Every single time.

You should have a look at what's hanging off every post _I_ make.

RFC, for all your double standards!

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 14:57:56 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 20:59:00 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>
>> The thing about quiche is it works for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I
>> love Quiche Lorraine Oh dear, that one contains bacon (you could use
>> diced ham or proscuitto). Oh, then there is seafood quiche.

>I've got a leek, broccoli, bacon, and all sorts of cheeses. But no
>pie crust and no shortening to make one. I could still make a
>crustless...
>
>I just went downstairs to make a casserole of the same, sauteed the
>leeks, cut up mushrooms, deflorated the broccoli... and I'm out of
>milk. So much for winging it. I just dumped everything into a
>vegetable bag (included warm leeks) and I'll deal with it some other
>day.
>
>I blame Jill for this one, no doubt about it!
>
>-sw

If you have some stale bread or an old French loaf, cut it into cubes,
toss all your other stuff in, mix and add a mixture of egg and milk.
Season as you want. Store in fridge overnight, (so that the bread
absorbs the liquid) bake the next day, 350F until the mixture puffs.
Eat hot or cold. Just a savory bread pudding commonly called a
Breakfast Casserole.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:35:40 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:53:41 AM UTC-5, gary wrote:
>> >

>> It's a store made crust. Jill can't be bothered to make her own. She's a
>> half-ass cook.
>>

>So are all of mine, whether for a pie or a pot pie; they're all store-bought.
>I guess that makes me a half-assed cook, too.

me too
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 04 Apr 2021 19:36:46 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 14:57:56 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 20:59:00 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
>>
>>> The thing about quiche is it works for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I
>>> love Quiche Lorraine Oh dear, that one contains bacon (you could use
>>> diced ham or proscuitto). Oh, then there is seafood quiche.

>>I've got a leek, broccoli, bacon, and all sorts of cheeses. But no
>>pie crust and no shortening to make one. I could still make a
>>crustless...
>>
>>I just went downstairs to make a casserole of the same, sauteed the
>>leeks, cut up mushrooms, deflorated the broccoli... and I'm out of
>>milk. So much for winging it. I just dumped everything into a
>>vegetable bag (included warm leeks) and I'll deal with it some other
>>day.
>>
>>I blame Jill for this one, no doubt about it!
>>
>>-sw

>If you have some stale bread or an old French loaf, cut it into cubes,
>toss all your other stuff in, mix and add a mixture of egg and milk.
>Season as you want. Store in fridge overnight, (so that the bread
>absorbs the liquid) bake the next day, 350F until the mixture puffs.
>Eat hot or cold. Just a savory bread pudding commonly called a
>Breakfast Casserole.

You're talking to a racist anti-semite. Yet you once preached to me
about being inclusive...

RFC, for all your double standards.

--
The real Dr. Bruce posts with uni-berlin.de - individual.net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:37:56 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 16:35:40 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >On Sunday, April 4, 2021 at 8:53:41 AM UTC-5, gary wrote:
> >> >
> >> It's a store made crust. Jill can't be bothered to make her own. She's a
> >> half-ass cook.
> >>

> >So are all of mine, whether for a pie or a pot pie; they're all store-bought.
> >I guess that makes me a half-assed cook, too.
> >

> me too
> Janet US

You reckon if we stand side by side or even if we were to cook in the same
kitchen we'd be full asses???

))

Quiche notbob General Cooking 46 02-06-2016 06:26 PM
Quiche [email protected] General Cooking 110 10-09-2006 07:07 PM
Q. re quiche Bronwyn General Cooking 16 12-07-2006 08:12 PM