Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Dinner!

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 13:58:22 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 01:34 30 Jun 2019, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 29 Jun 2019 19:28:10 -0500, Hank Rogers >
>> wrote:

>>>Kinky sex with the hired help?

>> You know Pamela better than me.

>Explain please.

He knows about you and the hired help.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/29/2019 8:56 PM, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I don't know how to post the pic here. It's on my phone or you can see it
>> on my FB page. I won't pay for Photobucket so they won't let me upload
>> any more. I'll see if I can get it on Dropbox. Got it. Hope this was
>> worth it. His name is Zorro. That's Angela's arm behind him.
>>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/v68rg5pyf3...%20PM.jpg?dl=0

> He's a cutie. Try postimage.org. You don't even have to create an
> account to use it for posting pics.

Thanks!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pamela" > wrote in message
> On 01:56 30 Jun 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> LOL! Very intertaining story, Julie.
>>> So why didn't you post the pic of your gardeners dog here?
>>> And dancing around the house for hours yet you have problems
>>> walking?
>>> Thankfully, you didn't post a video of that. Probably scary.
>>>
>>> Then...in one trip to the store, you and daughter both slipped on
>>> plastic bags then you later crashed into the cheese case. oh
>>> man...got to love it.
>>>
>>> I realize that John K has been "playing us" for results.
>>> Now I'm finally sure you are doing the same. ;-D

>> I don't know how to post the pic here. It's on my phone or you can see
>> it on my FB page. I won't pay for Photobucket so they won't let me
>> upload any more. I'll see if I can get it on Dropbox. Got it. Hope this
>> was worth it. His name is Zorro. That's Angela's arm behind him.

> Who is Angela?

My daughter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pamela" > wrote in message
> On 01:59 30 Jun 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> Emotional entanglements and meals with gardeners living rent-free in an
>>> outhouse whose preferred companion is his girlfriend does not sound
>>> simple to me.
>>>
>>> Husband + wife + meals together is simple.

>> When I was married, my husband and I never ate together unless we were
>> dining out.

> Sounds unusual. Maybe he worked abroad. If you lived together and one
> didn't work shifts then it's not the norm.

He did when we were first married. He was in the military and worked a
variety of shifts. For a time they were 12 hour shifts. When Angela was
taking a ton of dance classes, they fell around dinner time. I would stay at
the studio. Sometimes we would go out between classes or I would bring
dinner with us. Sometimes we'd eat after we got home. He would be in bed
then. I'm a night owl. When we first started dating he got off work very
late at night but as it turned out, his natural body clock liked to sleep
around 8 at night and get up around 4 in the morning. I go to bed at 4 in
the morning unless my schedule is such that I can't do that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/29/2019 9:03 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> LOL It's only taken him 10 years. Has anyone ever had as many problems
>>> when grocery shopping? Don't forget the guy in the turban with the broom
>>> who (according to her) was intentionally sweeping towards her feet.

>> That was at Walmart.

> Does it really matter? Seems like there's always some sort of drama
> involved with your shopping trips.

Yes it matters! This is how the lies start. I say something. It gets twisted
into something else. Then someone else repeats the lie and pretty soon
others chime in and say that they remember it too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-06-30 4:02 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> That was at Walmart.

>> Does it really matter?Â* Seems like there's always some sort of drama
>> involved with your shopping trips.

> Yes it matters! This is how the lies start. I say something. It gets
> twisted into something else. Then someone else repeats the lie and
> pretty soon others chime in and say that they remember it too.

No Julie, it doesn't matter. You are not disputing that some guy with a
turban was chasing you around with a broom. The only thing that was
inaccurate was the location.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 23:46:36 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 06:18 29 Jun 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>

>> "Doris Night" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> Is that the extent of your exciting day? Or do you have something else
>>> planned?

>> Well, I hadn't planned to do it but my gardener's dog was in here. I
>> took a pic of him and put it on FB. So far, 12 likes and 2 comments.

>Life has reached a low when you rely on Facebook likes for admiration and
>approval.
>
>> Angela and I hung out with him for a while. then she left to go shopping
>> with a friend. I noticed that we were out of cooked rice so I put some
>> on to cook while I finished making the dinner. Danced for about two
>> hours.
>>
>> While Angela and I were at Haggen, we did not notice that someone had
>> dropped small plastic bags on the floor. She skied on them, then I did,
>> crashing into her. While we were in the checkout line, she mentioned a
>> cheese sample but said she didn't want to go get it. I walked over to
>> get us each a sample. It was aged gouda. What I did not realize was that
>> near the bottom of the cheese case, it bulged out. I rammed both knees
>> into it, fell into the cheese, nearly hitting the cheese monger. I found
>> it to be rather comical. Got the samples then took Angela hers and told
>> her what I did. She was too busy texting a friend.

>Is texting more interesting that real life to her?
>
>> Just got back from taking my gardener to the store. I think I may do
>> some more dancing since I have some energy left. Am currently listening
>> to Coast to Coast but it's not very interesting to me.
>>
>> I have been getting sporadic messages from assorted people but you never
>> know. The night is young. I could have more fun!

>A digital detox may be in order.

"Constantly needling isn't helpful. Why not give it a rest?" (Pamela)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pamela" > wrote in message
> On 20:59 30 Jun 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> Sounds unusual. Maybe he worked abroad. If you lived together and one
>>> didn't work shifts then it's not the norm.

>> He did when we were first married. He was in the military and worked a
>> variety of shifts. For a time they were 12 hour shifts. When Angela was
>> taking a ton of dance classes, they fell around dinner time. I would
>> stay at the studio. Sometimes we would go out between classes or I would
>> bring dinner with us. Sometimes we'd eat after we got home. He would be
>> in bed then. I'm a night owl. When we first started dating he got off
>> work very late at night but as it turned out, his natural body clock
>> liked to sleep around 8 at night and get up around 4 in the morning. I
>> go to bed at 4 in the morning unless my schedule is such that I can't do
>> that.

> That sort of fragmented (is that the right word?) existence is not for me.
> Maybe you coped with it bu tit would be a strain for me.
>
> That makes me value all the more set meals at the table.

I actually don't like set meals at the table. I used to hate family meals
because the rest of my family would wolf down their food and be done with
it. I would still be shooting my insulin. I like to take my time when I eat.

I do have a friend that bolts her food down but she will at least sit and
talk to me while I eat.
I'd rather not eat than bolt my food down.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pamela" > wrote in message
> On 19:25 30 Jun 2019, jmcquown > wrote:
>
>> On 6/30/2019 1:26 PM, wrote:

>> (piggybacking Sheldon to reply)

> Sheldon's solid text is too dense for me, so I can only read a few lines.
>
>> Julie's husband was retired military and working as a civilian
>> contractor after retiring. He was often working in another state but
>> not abroad. From what it sounded like over the years, he just plain
>> didn't want to come home, for dinner or anything else. She shared a
>> bedroom with her teenage daughter. Her husband had his own bedroom.

He was not working for a civilian contractor. He worked for the Coast Guard
both here and in NY as a civilian. He had two other jobs here. Not going to
get into that.

>> Many a time she told everyone about how she'd go to all the trouble to
>> cook a bunch of food. He'd show up and he'd tell her he stopped at a
>> restaurant on the way home.

That's not true either. He stopped once for Pho! I can't remember what I
cooked but it wasn't quick to fix it didn't keep well. My beef was that by
then he had a set schedule and he knew that I always had dinner for him when
he got home. He didn't bother to call Angela or me to say that he was
stopping for food and he didn't answer his phone when we called.

> That's very bad form.
>
>> He wasn't hungry. Many posts indicating he didn't want to eat what
>> she'd cooked. It was complicated by all her perceived food
>> intolerances.

Untrue!

> It all sounds disappointing and frustrating.

It all sounds like a pack of lies and I wish it would stop.

>> Long story short. They got divorced, the daughter moved out to go to
>> college (but still visits). Now she's got a gardener she's feeding who
>> has a goat, a dog and girlfriend. She cooks according to his whims,
>> even things she will not eat. Sorry, that's just Weird.

She did NOT move out to go to college. She was in college while she was
here. She then switched majors and trznsferred to different school. Yes we
got divorced, thankfully. I am not going to get into the details of all
that. My gardener has many goats. They don't live here but he brought two
over to show me and later, when there was a baby, he brought her here to
show me.

Yes, I cook to his whims. I love doing that for people! I love cooking. My
diet is pretty simple and if it were just me here, I would do very little
cooking. My dinner last night was an apple, some grapes and a piece of
Gouda cheese. I know, no veggies but I wasn't very hungry. I couldn't even
finish the grapes.

> That wouldn't work for me but maybe it works for her. It does seem
> weird.

I don't care if you think it's weird or not. To ,me, family does not have to
be blood. I like having good people in my life. Good people are always
welcome here!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-06-30 4:02 p.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Does it really matter? Seems like there's always some sort of drama
>>> involved with your shopping trips.

>> Yes it matters! This is how the lies start. I say something. It gets
>> twisted into something else. Then someone else repeats the lie and pretty
>> soon others chime in and say that they remember it too.

> No Julie, it doesn't matter. You are not disputing that some guy with a
> turban was chasing you around with a broom. The only thing that was
> inaccurate was the location.

Bingo! You see how these lies get started? It DOES matter because what's
being said is not the truth!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pamela" > wrote in message
> On 02:11 30 Jun 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> She might be setting things up for a "slip and fall" injury claim. How
>>> often do you find errant plastic bags on the floor at the grocery
>>> store? Slip and slide on them and crash into each other? Wouldn't you
>>> go immediately to the manager of the store and complain?

>> We didn't get hurt so why would we? These were probably candy bags. We
>> were in the produce section but it wa near the bulk candy.
>>>
>>> Nope, she just keeps going. She wants this free sample of cheese.
>>> Going back to get it stumbles into the cheese case, nearly knocking
>>> over the "cheese monger". Uh huh. It was a demo dollie handing out
>>> samples of Gruyere cheese she was after. Gruyere is a form of Swiss
>>> cheese. Which she allegedly couldn't find at one point. Whatever.

>> It was Gouda cheese. You see? This is how lies get started.

> How does a mistake about the variety of cheese turn into a cascade of
> "lies"? Surely the type of cheese is completely irrelevant to the point
> being made.

It's like that old telephone game. Each person changes a detail so it's not
the truth and eventually the others will chime and say that they remember
it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jul 2019 11:15:55 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 07:56 1 Jul 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Pamela" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> How does a mistake about the variety of cheese turn into a cascade of
>>> "lies"? Surely the type of cheese is completely irrelevant to the
>>> point being made.

>> It's like that old telephone game. Each person changes a detail so it's
>> not the truth and eventually the others will chime and say that they
>> remember it!

>So the Gruyere ends up getting called Gorgonzola. That doesn't change the
>point being made. You seem rather sensitive to irrelevant details.

He always joins a topic days after it ended and then starts asking
clueless questions.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jul 2019 11:22:01 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 07:35 1 Jul 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Pamela" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> That sort of fragmented (is that the right word?) existence is not for
>>> me. Maybe you coped with it bu tit would be a strain for me.
>>>
>>> That makes me value all the more set meals at the table.

>> I actually don't like set meals at the table. I used to hate family
>> meals because the rest of my family would wolf down their food and be
>> done with it. I would still be shooting my insulin. I like to take my
>> time when I eat.

>I was talking about normal eating, not badly behaved people.
>
>> I do have a friend that bolts her food down but she will at least sit
>> and talk to me while I eat.
>> I'd rather not eat than bolt my food down.

>Why are so many people there gulping food down? Maybe they have developed
>short attention spans and a need for instant gratification from too much
>social media.

"Constantly needling isn't helpful. Why not give it a rest?" (Pamela)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jul 2019 11:29:48 +0100, Pamela >
wrote:

>On 11:25 1 Jul 2019, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 01 Jul 2019 11:22:01 +0100, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>>>I was talking about normal eating, not badly behaved people.

>>>Why are so many people there gulping food down? Maybe they have developed
>>>short attention spans and a need for instant gratification from too much
>>>social media.

>> "Constantly needling isn't helpful. Why not give it a rest?" (Pamela)

>Use a dictionary if you're unfamiliar with the term.
>
>BTW did I touch a nerve? Sorry 'bout that.

That's quite alright, old chap.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:

> On Mon, 01 Jul 2019 11:22:01 +0100, Pamela >
> wrote:

> >> I actually don't like set meals at the table. I used to hate family
> >> meals because the rest of my family would wolf down their food and be
> >> done with it. I would still be shooting my insulin. I like to take my
> >> time when I eat.

> >I was talking about normal eating, not badly behaved people.
> >
> >> I do have a friend that bolts her food down but she will at least sit
> >> and talk to me while I eat.
> >> I'd rather not eat than bolt my food down.

> >Why are so many people there gulping food down? Maybe they have developed
> >short attention spans and a need for instant gratification from too much
> >social media.

> "Constantly needling isn't helpful. Why not give it a rest?" (Pamela)

"The way you worry, judge and theorize about total strangers on
the
other side of the world, is weird." (Bruce)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-01 2:50 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

> "Pamela" > wrote in message

>>> (piggybacking Sheldon to reply)

>> Sheldon's solid text is too dense for me, so I can only read a few lines.
>>
>>> Julie's husband was retired military and working as a civilian
>>> contractor after retiring.Â* He was often working in another state but
>>> not abroad.Â* From what it sounded like over the years, he just plain
>>> didn't want to come home, for dinner or anything else.Â* She shared a
>>> bedroom with her teenage daughter.Â* Her husband had his own bedroom.

> He was not working for a civilian contractor. He worked for the Coast
> Guard both here and in NY as a civilian. He had two other jobs here. Not
> going to get into that.
>>>
>>> Many a time she told everyone about how she'd go to all the trouble to
>>> cook a bunch of food.Â* He'd show up and he'd tell her he stopped at a
>>> restaurant on the way home.

> That's not true either. He stopped once for Pho! I can't remember what I
> cooked but it wasn't quick to fix it didn't keep well.

If that is true, why did you tell us about him doing that on several
occasions?

> My beef was that
> by then he had a set schedule and he knew that I always had dinner for
> him when he got home. He didn't bother to call Angela or me to say that
> he was stopping for food and he didn't answer his phone when we called.

But if he only did it once, what was the problem?

>> That's very bad form.
>>
>>> He wasn't hungry.Â* Many posts indicating he didn't want to eat what
>>> she'd cooked.Â* It was complicated by all her perceived food
>>> intolerances.

> Untrue!

Hence all the complaints about how so many meals flopped because there
was nothing that you, your husband and daughter could eat. If he liked
it she didn't.

>> It all sounds disappointing and frustrating.

> It all sounds like a pack of lies and I wish it would stop.

The pack of lies is coming from you, so the easiest way to stop the lies
is for you to stop lying.

> She did NOT move out to go to college. She was in college while she was
> here. She then switched majors and trznsferred toÂ* different school. Yes
> we got divorced, thankfully. I am not going to get into the details of
> all that. My gardener has many goats. They don't live here but he
> brought two over to show me and later, whenÂ* there was a baby, he
> brought her here to show me.

Well if you ever do decide to tell us the nitty gritty about the divorce
make sure to keep notes so you can tell the same facts in the next
narrative.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-01 2:53 a.m., Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Yes it matters! This is how the lies start. I say something. It gets
>>> twisted into something else. Then someone else repeats the lie and
>>> pretty soon others chime in and say that they remember it too.

>> No Julie, it doesn't matter. You are not disputing that some guy with
>> a turban was chasing you around with a broom. The only thing that was
>> inaccurate was the location.

> Bingo! You see how these lies get started? It DOES matter because what's
> being said is not the truth!

Yes, I see how the lies start. They start when you sit down at your
keyboard. The weird story is about being accosted by a broom wielding
man with a turban. Whether it was Walmart, Costco, KMart or wherever
just doesn't really matter.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 8:49:12 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> Well if you ever do decide to tell us the nitty gritty about the divorce
> make sure to keep notes so you can tell the same facts in the next
> narrative.

Just remember. There's Ju-Ju's side of what happened, her ex-husband's side
of what happened, then there's the truth. We'll never hear the absolute truth.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2019-07-01 12:38 p.m., Pamela wrote:
> On 16:26 1 Jul 2019, "

>> Just remember. There's Ju-Ju's side of what happened, her
>> ex-husband's side of what happened, then there's the truth. We'll
>> never hear the absolute truth.

> Julie tell such an inordinate amount of detail about her personal
> life that I find it puzzling. She also wears her heart on her
> sleeve, almost to a fault.
>
> Maybe she got a few details mixed up. Is there some outright lying?

Take the example of her claiming that she did not know the meaning of
the word "ignorant" and I questioned how a writer could not know the
meaning of that word and she said that she had never said that she was a
writer. In fact, she had posted that she was a writer. Someone went
through the effort of looking through her previous posts and found
examples of her talking about being a writer. She then claimed that she
did not remember posting that. That means that she was lying when she
said that she was a writer, or that she was lying when she said that she
was not a writer. Take your pick. It is just one of many examples of
her saying something and later denying it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 12:59:27 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

> On 2019-07-01 12:38 p.m., Pamela wrote:
>
> > On 16:26 1 Jul 2019, "

> >> Just remember. There's Ju-Ju's side of what happened, her
> >> ex-husband's side of what happened, then there's the truth. We'll
> >> never hear the absolute truth.

> > Julie tell such an inordinate amount of detail about her personal
> > life that I find it puzzling. She also wears her heart on her
> > sleeve, almost to a fault.
> >
> > Maybe she got a few details mixed up. Is there some outright lying?
> >

> Take the example of her claiming that she did not know the meaning of
> the word "ignorant" and I questioned how a writer could not know the
> meaning of that word and she said that she had never said that she was a
> writer. In fact, she had posted that she was a writer. Someone went
> through the effort of looking through her previous posts and found
> examples of her talking about being a writer. She then claimed that she
> did not remember posting that. That means that she was lying when she
> said that she was a writer, or that she was lying when she said that she
> was not a writer. Take your pick. It is just one of many examples of
> her saying something and later denying it.

Dave pretty much nailed it. She has made so many statements then attempts to
clear her plate by denying she ever said such a thing. Then she's proven to
be the liar she is when her posts are dug up and shown her to be the stretcher
of truth. Then she'll claim she never said that.

She is our resident attention whore and whether the attention is positive or
negative she laps it up like a cat lapping cream.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 12:59:27 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> On 2019-07-01 12:38 p.m., Pamela wrote:
>>
>>> On 16:26 1 Jul 2019, "

>>> Julie tell such an inordinate amount of detail about her personal
>>> life that I find it puzzling. She also wears her heart on her
>>> sleeve, almost to a fault.
>>>
>>> Maybe she got a few details mixed up. Is there some outright lying?
>>>

>> Take the example of her claiming that she did not know the meaning of
>> the word "ignorant" and I questioned how a writer could not know the
>> meaning of that word and she said that she had never said that she was a
>> writer. In fact, she had posted that she was a writer. Someone went
>> through the effort of looking through her previous posts and found
>> examples of her talking about being a writer. She then claimed that she
>> did not remember posting that. That means that she was lying when she
>> said that she was a writer, or that she was lying when she said that she
>> was not a writer. Take your pick. It is just one of many examples of
>> her saying something and later denying it.
>>

> Dave pretty much nailed it. She has made so many statements then attempts to
> clear her plate by denying she ever said such a thing. Then she's proven to
> be the liar she is when her posts are dug up and shown her to be the stretcher
> of truth. Then she'll claim she never said that.
>
> She is our resident attention whore and whether the attention is positive or
> negative she laps it up like a cat lapping cream.

In a way she's not really a liar, but a storyteller, which is
similar to a writer. Her stories are almost as good as the hairy
potter stuff.

And she'll never catch up to John Kunte in the attention seeking
department.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pamela" > wrote in message
> On 07:35 1 Jul 2019, "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>>> That sort of fragmented (is that the right word?) existence is not for
>>> me. Maybe you coped with it bu tit would be a strain for me.
>>>
>>> That makes me value all the more set meals at the table.

>> I actually don't like set meals at the table. I used to hate family
>> meals because the rest of my family would wolf down their food and be
>> done with it. I would still be shooting my insulin. I like to take my
>> time when I eat.

> I was talking about normal eating, not badly behaved people.
>
>> I do have a friend that bolts her food down but she will at least sit
>> and talk to me while I eat.
>> I'd rather not eat than bolt my food down.

> Why are so many people there gulping food down? Maybe they have developed
> short attention spans and a need for instant gratification from too much
> social media.

Two of them don't use social media. Don't know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message

>>> Sheldon's solid text is too dense for me, so I can only read a few
>>> lines.

>> He was not working for a civilian contractor. He worked for the Coast
>> Guard both here and in NY as a civilian. He had two other jobs here. Not
>> going to get into that.

>> That's not true either. He stopped once for Pho! I can't remember what I
>> cooked but it wasn't quick to fix it didn't keep well.

> If that is true, why did you tell us about him doing that on several
> occasions?
>

>> My beef was that by then he had a set schedule and he knew that I always
>> had dinner for him when he got home. He didn't bother to call Angela or
>> me to say that he was stopping for food and he didn't answer his phone
>> when we called.

> But if he only did it once, what was the problem?
>
>>> That's very bad form.

>> Untrue!

> Hence all the complaints about how so many meals flopped because there was
> nothing that you, your husband and daughter could eat. If he liked it she
> didn't.
>

>>> It all sounds disappointing and frustrating.

>> It all sounds like a pack of lies and I wish it would stop.

> The pack of lies is coming from you, so the easiest way to stop the lies
> is for you to stop lying.
>

>> She did NOT move out to go to college. She was in college while she was
>> here. She then switched majors and trznsferred to different school. Yes
>> we got divorced, thankfully. I am not going to get into the details of
>> all that. My gardener has many goats. They don't live here but he brought
>> two over to show me and later, when there was a baby, he brought her here
>> to show me.
>>

> Well if you ever do decide to tell us the nitty gritty about the divorce
> make sure to keep notes so you can tell the same facts in the next
> narrative.

Nope. None of your business.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2019-07-01 12:38 p.m., Pamela wrote:
>> On 16:26 1 Jul 2019, "

>>> Just remember. There's Ju-Ju's side of what happened, her
>>> ex-husband's side of what happened, then there's the truth. We'll
>>> never hear the absolute truth.

>> Julie tell such an inordinate amount of detail about her personal
>> life that I find it puzzling. She also wears her heart on her
>> sleeve, almost to a fault.
>>
>> Maybe she got a few details mixed up. Is there some outright lying?
>>

> Take the example of her claiming that she did not know the meaning of the
> word "ignorant" and I questioned how a writer could not know the meaning
> of that word and she said that she had never said that she was a writer.
> In fact, she had posted that she was a writer. Someone went through the
> effort of looking through her previous posts and found examples of her
> talking about being a writer. She then claimed that she did not remember
> posting that. That means that she was lying when she said that she was a
> writer, or that she was lying when she said that she was not a writer.
> Take your pick. It is just one of many examples of her saying something
> and later denying it.

That is NOT what I said! I did say that I was a writer. Because I was
writing at the time. I am writing again now. But for a period of time I was
not writing. Just too busy with other things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 01 Jul 2019 09:14:57 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Mon, 01 Jul 2019 11:22:01 +0100, Pamela >
>> wrote:

>> >I was talking about normal eating, not badly behaved people.

>> >Why are so many people there gulping food down? Maybe they have developed
>> >short attention spans and a need for instant gratification from too much
>> >social media.

>> "Constantly needling isn't helpful. Why not give it a rest?" (Pamela)

>"The way you worry, judge and theorize about total strangers on
>the
>other side of the world, is weird." (Bruce)

Exactly, I could have said it myself!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/1/2019 2:48 PM, wrote:
> On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 12:59:27 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> On 2019-07-01 12:38 p.m., Pamela wrote:
>>
>>> On 16:26 1 Jul 2019, "

>>> Julie tell such an inordinate amount of detail about her personal
>>> life that I find it puzzling. She also wears her heart on her
>>> sleeve, almost to a fault.
>>>
>>> Maybe she got a few details mixed up. Is there some outright lying?
>>>

>> Take the example of her claiming that she did not know the meaning of
>> the word "ignorant"

I definitely remember that. Her vocabulary didn't include the word.
(snippage)

> Dave pretty much nailed it. She has made so many statements then attempts to
> clear her plate by denying she ever said such a thing. Then she's proven to
> be the liar she is when her posts are dug up and shown her to be the stretcher
> of truth. Then she'll claim she never said that.
>
> She is our resident attention whore and whether the attention is positive or
> negative she laps it up like a cat lapping cream.

Her posts are pure drama. Take them with a few pinches of salt. The
cat lapping cream was an apt metaphor. Don't let's forget her cat was
snatched out the window from her bed by a raccoon that broke through her
bedroom screen.

She's changed up the drama over the years. Now she's moved the gardener
in and feeds him, his girlfriend, his dog and his goat. We're supposed
to think this is isn't weird.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 3:16:57 PM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:

> Her posts are pure drama. Take them with a few pinches of salt. The
> cat lapping cream was an apt metaphor. Don't let's forget her cat was
> snatched out the window from her bed by a raccoon that broke through her
> bedroom screen.
>
> She's changed up the drama over the years. Now she's moved the gardener
> in and feeds him, his girlfriend, his dog and his goat. We're supposed
> to think this is isn't weird.
>
> Jill

I sometimes wonder if she's posting from a mental ward and they give her access
to the internet to keep her calm and out of restraints.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 01 Jul 2019 Pamela pamela wrote:
>On 1 Jul 2019 itsjoannotjoannwrote:
>>On July 1, 2019 Dave Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Well if you ever do decide to tell us the nitty gritty about the
>>> divorce make sure to keep notes so you can tell the same facts in the
>>> next narrative.
>>>

>> Just remember. There's Ju-Ju's side of what happened, her ex-husband's
>> side of what happened, then there's the truth. We'll never hear the
>> absolute truth.

>Julie tells such an inordinate amount of detail about her personal life that I
>find it puzzling. She also wears her heart on her sleeve, almost to a fault.
>
>Maybe she got a few details mixed up. Is there some outright lying?

Why does anyone on a newsgroup care about Julie's marriage, no one
here has lived with her, no one here knows anything about her other
than what certain hostile angry busybody fools choose to read between
her typos (Dave makes more typos than everyone else combined). Anyone
who foments about Julie's life has absolutely no life of their own...
their life is more pleasureable living vicariously through Julie's.

In all the years I've been here I've never looked up old posts to see
what someone posted in an attemp to catch them in an untruth, yet they
don't have time to post a picture of something they claimed to have
cooked... that's symbolic of someone grossly imbalanced.

Most couples who divorce don't remember the details or know why... and
there are no truthful unbiased witnesses to substantiate the
allegations... often they need to imagine details well after the fact
for their own sanity. It's silly to ask someone why they divorced as
they themselves don't know the truth, could be sommething so simple as
ennui, or b.o. The real truth is that they don't have any idea why
they married, they may as well have been comatose at their wedding.
Many young people who marry needed to escape living under their
parent's rule. I think most marriages are like buying a first car
when the ink on their marriage and driver's license isn't dry yet,
doesn't take long to realize they've got a lemon. At least a car
comes with a warranty. I think there ought to be a Lemon Law for
marriages. There's something terribly wrong/sad with the system,
imagine some irresponsible putz marrying a couple they don't know,
whose names they can't even pronounce. . . I think everyone licensed
to perform marriages needs to take some responsibility for the
marriage's success and be liabel for its failure. When I buy new
tires they come with a prorated guarantee, whereas I'm obligated to
maintain the tires according to the terms; proper inflation, rotation,
balancing, alignment, etc. Likewise I believe that every married
couple should have go for periodic counciling, same as people should
go for a physical periodically. One's family and friends can't give
guidance, they're the reason you're Effed up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 3:40:19 PM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> Why does anyone on a newsgroup care about Julie's marriage, no one
> here has lived with her, no one here knows anything about her other
> than what certain hostile angry busybody fools choose to read between
> her typos (Dave makes more typos than everyone else combined). Anyone
> who foments about Julie's life has absolutely no life of their own...
> their life is more pleasureable living vicariously through Julie's.

If the dumb cluck wouldn't share so much information and deny sharing when
she turns around and tells yet another tale refuting her first tale,
nobody would care.

She's an attention whore and you have your head in the sand.

> Most couples who divorce don't remember the details or know why.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

> there are no truthful unbiased witnesses to substantiate the
> allegations.

Blah-blah-blah. You've slipped back into your ten feet long paragraphs
again thus wearing out your would-be readers.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julie Bove wrote:

> That is NOT what I said! I did say that I was a writer. Because I
> was writing at the time. I am writing again now. But for a period of
> time I was not writing. Just too busy with other things.

I understand you. It's sort of like Popeye. One day he'll say he
doesn't drink at all. Next day, he'll be drunk as hell, extolling
the virtues of Crystal Palace, and telling how he gets such great
deals at the liquor store, buying cases of the stuff.

It's just a license that writers and storytellers use to make their
work more interesting. It's OK by me. I know it's just fiction.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/1/2019 2:48 PM, wrote:

>>> Take the example of her claiming that she did not know the
>>> meaning of
>>> the word "ignorant"

> I definitely remember that.* Her vocabulary didn't include the word.
> (snippage)
>>>

>> Dave pretty much nailed it.* She has made so many statements then
>> attempts to
>> clear her plate by denying she ever said such a thing.* Then she's
>> proven to
>> be the liar she is when her posts are dug up and shown her to be
>> the stretcher
>> of truth.* Then she'll claim she never said that.
>>
>> She is our resident attention whore and whether the attention is
>> positive or
>> negative she laps it up like a cat lapping cream.
>>

> Her posts are pure drama.* Take them with a few pinches of salt.
>
> Jill

EXACTLY !

It is just tall tales. Yoose don't really believe Paul bunyan had a
blue Ox do yoose?

Of course not.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 1 Jul 2019 11:48:36 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 12:59:27 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>>
>> On 2019-07-01 12:38 p.m., Pamela wrote:
>>
>> > On 16:26 1 Jul 2019, "

>> > Julie tell such an inordinate amount of detail about her personal
>> > life that I find it puzzling. She also wears her heart on her
>> > sleeve, almost to a fault.
>> >
>> > Maybe she got a few details mixed up. Is there some outright lying?
>> >

>> Take the example of her claiming that she did not know the meaning of
>> the word "ignorant" and I questioned how a writer could not know the
>> meaning of that word and she said that she had never said that she was a
>> writer. In fact, she had posted that she was a writer. Someone went
>> through the effort of looking through her previous posts and found
>> examples of her talking about being a writer. She then claimed that she
>> did not remember posting that. That means that she was lying when she
>> said that she was a writer, or that she was lying when she said that she
>> was not a writer. Take your pick. It is just one of many examples of
>> her saying something and later denying it.
>>

>Dave pretty much nailed it. She has made so many statements then attempts to
>clear her plate by denying she ever said such a thing. Then she's proven to
>be the liar she is when her posts are dug up and shown her to be the stretcher
>of truth. Then she'll claim she never said that.
>
>She is our resident attention whore and whether the attention is positive or
>negative she laps it up like a cat lapping cream.

In the meantime, she gets most of the attention from Dave and you. If
she wants attention and you can't wait to give it to her, what's the
problem? You're a match made in heaven.