Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default oyster sauce

True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.

Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
(using real oysters).

Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce,
in large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored"
sauce? I can see it, oysters becoming more rare.

I jes noticed I'm also currently out of any soy sauce. I like the
Kimlan brand (Taiwan). Not available, locally, so I gotta order it,
online.

Soy is Chinese in origin. Kikkoman is Japanese. All Asian cultures
have their own favorite brand.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored"
> sauce? I can see it, oysters becoming more rare.

Oysters are not becoming rare or threatened. Many are farmed now
so the supply will always be there. Nothing wrong with farmed
done in open seawater.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2019 7:45 AM, Gary wrote:

> Nothing wrong with farmed
> done in open seawater.

Tell it to the "farmed salmon" operators.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 07:39:44 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.
>
>Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
>traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
>(using real oysters).
>
>Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce,
>in large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored"
>sauce? I can see it, oysters becoming more rare.

Lee Kum Kee has some great products, I love their sriracha sauce, I
put that stuff on almost everything. Even my salads and my chili. Best
part is Lee Kum Kee is mostly gluten free!!!

>I jes noticed I'm also currently out of any soy sauce. I like the
>Kimlan brand (Taiwan). Not available, locally, so I gotta order it,
>online.

Try tamari sauce... it is essentially a soy sauce without the wheat.
In my opinion it tastes better, but most say it tastes the exact same

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 8:39:52 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

> True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.
>
> Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
> traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
> (using real oysters).
>
> Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce,
> in large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored"
> sauce? I can see it, oysters becoming more rare.
>
> nb

I've got an unopened bottle of Tra Maekrua oyster sauce I bought last year at
the Asian market. Product of Thailand and ingredients a

Oyster extract, 30%
Soy sauce, 28.8%
Water, 11.8%
Sugar, 10.1%
Modified starch (thickener), 7.5%
Corn starch, 3.5%
Acidity regulator, .1%
Sodium benzoate (preservative), .1%

Allergen Information: Contains oyster, soybean and wheat flour.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" wrote in message ...

True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.

Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
(using real oysters).

Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce,
in large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored"
sauce? I can see it, oysters becoming more rare.

I jes noticed I'm also currently out of any soy sauce. I like the
Kimlan brand (Taiwan). Not available, locally, so I gotta order it,
online.

Soy is Chinese in origin. Kikkoman is Japanese. All Asian cultures
have their own favorite brand.

nb

==

I have some oyster sauce. How do you use it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 07:39:44 -0600, notbob wrote:

> True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.
>
> Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
> traditional 240g jars.

LKK never made an oyster sauce in 240gram jar,. It's always been
LKK Panda Brand or LKK premium (with the gondola on the front).
They BOTTLES came in various sizes, but none were 240g. jars.

> Now,

Oyster FLAVORED sauces are less than 50% oyster extractive's. LKK
premium is still 50%+ oyster extractives, but it's too sweet. I use
the Panda brand. Makeru (sp?) and Dynasty also make premium oyster
sauces. You just live out in the boonies.

Buy the Panda brand. It works fine, but is still sweet. I made
Oyster Beef Broccoli w/shrimp with it last night.

https://i.postimg.cc/L8MScnjx/Broccoli-Beef.jpg

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.
>
> Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
> traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
> (using real oysters).
>
> Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce, in
> large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored" sauce? I
> can see it, oysters becoming more rare.
>

> I jes noticed I'm also currently out of any soy sauce. I like the Kimlan
> brand (Taiwan). Not available, locally, so I gotta order it, online.
>
> Soy is Chinese in origin. Kikkoman is Japanese. All Asian cultures have
> their own favorite brand.

Jinxy! I just checked mine. It's Kikkoman and it's just flavored too! I
think it was the only kind I could find.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 9:11:59 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> I just checked mine. It's Kikkoman and it's just flavored too! I
> think it was the only kind I could find.

Of course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 3:19:27 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> Just look for any oyster sauce with oyster extract as the first
> ingredient. And preferably with the least amount of carbs (or
> sugar). I thought they were required to have 50% or more extract,
> but now I can't find anything to back that up. I've always just
> looked for it as the first ingredient.
>
> -sw

I wish I could read what all the bottle says as 90% of it is written in
Thai.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 13:52:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 3:19:27 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Just look for any oyster sauce with oyster extract as the first
>> ingredient. And preferably with the least amount of carbs (or
>> sugar). I thought they were required to have 50% or more extract,
>> but now I can't find anything to back that up. I've always just
>> looked for it as the first ingredient.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>I wish I could read what all the bottle says as 90% of it is written in
>Thai.

Don't they add a sticker with ingredient information in English?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:15:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 13:52:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >I wish I could read what all the bottle says as 90% of it is written in
> >Thai.

> Don't they add a sticker with ingredient information in English?

Of course. How do think I was able to post the ingredient list upthread?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:31:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:15:26 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 13:52:17 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >I wish I could read what all the bottle says as 90% of it is written in
>> >Thai.

>> Don't they add a sticker with ingredient information in English?
>>

>Of course. How do think I was able to post the ingredient list upthread?

I just read your post, I didn't do historical research into your
musings.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:33:54 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:31:00 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >> Don't they add a sticker with ingredient information in English?
> >>

> >Of course. How do think I was able to post the ingredient list upthread?

> I just read your post, I didn't do historical research into your
> musings.

Is that your attempt at face saving "I'm going to flap my mouth even
though I don't have a clue what I'm yammering about"?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:47:14 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:33:54 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> >Of course. How do think I was able to post the ingredient list upthread?

>> I just read your post, I didn't do historical research into your
>> musings.
>>

>Is that your attempt at face saving "I'm going to flap my mouth even
>though I don't have a clue what I'm yammering about"?

Relax woman. I only asked if products with Asian writing on them, have
a sticker in English added to them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 19:11:45 -0700, Julie Bove wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.
>>
>> Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
>> traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
>> (using real oysters).
>>
>> Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce, in
>> large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored" sauce? I
>> can see it, oysters becoming more rare.
>>

>> I jes noticed I'm also currently out of any soy sauce. I like the Kimlan
>> brand (Taiwan). Not available, locally, so I gotta order it, online.
>>
>> Soy is Chinese in origin. Kikkoman is Japanese. All Asian cultures have
>> their own favorite brand.

> Jinxy! I just checked mine. It's Kikkoman and it's just flavored too! I
> think it was the only kind I could find.

They're all "flavored". With oysters and soy sauce.

-sw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:33:54 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

>> >Of course. How do think I was able to post the ingredient list
>> >upthread?

>> I just read your post, I didn't do historical research into your
>> musings.
>>

> Is that your attempt at face saving "I'm going to flap my mouth even
> though I don't have a clue what I'm yammering about"?

You mean like you always do?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Bruce" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:47:14 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>>On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:33:54 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:31:00 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> I just read your post, I didn't do historical research into your
>>> musings.
>>>

>>Is that your attempt at face saving "I'm going to flap my mouth even
>>though I don't have a clue what I'm yammering about"?

> Relax woman. I only asked if products with Asian writing on them, have
> a sticker in English added to them.

Not always. I think they're supposed to but I see plenty of stuff in Asian
stores that doesn't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 16:25:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Bruce" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:47:14 -0700 (PDT), "
>> > wrote:

>>>Is that your attempt at face saving "I'm going to flap my mouth even
>>>though I don't have a clue what I'm yammering about"?

>> Relax woman. I only asked if products with Asian writing on them, have
>> a sticker in English added to them.

>Not always. I think they're supposed to but I see plenty of stuff in Asian
>stores that doesn't.

I think they have it here. At least the basic ingredient info.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 16:25:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>> "Bruce" > wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:47:14 -0700 (PDT), "

>>> Relax woman. I only asked if products with Asian writing on them, have
>>> a sticker in English added to them.

>> Not always. I think they're supposed to but I see plenty of stuff in Asian
>> stores that doesn't.

> I think they have it here. At least the basic ingredient info.

But she's not there. She is in the USA, washington state, near
seattle or tacoma. Everything is not exactly the same in different
regions of the world.

Yoose are now acting like Popeye!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 19:08:08 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 16:25:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

>>> Not always. I think they're supposed to but I see plenty of stuff in Asian
>>> stores that doesn't.

>> I think they have it here. At least the basic ingredient info.
>>

>But she's not there. She is in the USA, washington state, near
>seattle or tacoma. Everything is not exactly the same in different
>regions of the world.
>
>Yoose are now acting like Popeye!

It's a big world, Hank.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 6:23:58 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>
> > On Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:33:54 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
> >>
> >> I just read your post, I didn't do historical research into your
> >> musings.
> >>

> > Is that your attempt at face saving "I'm going to flap my mouth even
> > though I don't have a clue what I'm yammering about"?

> You mean like you always do?

Reading comprehension is a wonderful gift. Too bad you don't have it,
Ernestine Hemingway. Asswipe.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 17:21:01 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 6:23:58 PM UTC-5, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>> > wrote in message

>> > Is that your attempt at face saving "I'm going to flap my mouth even
>> > though I don't have a clue what I'm yammering about"?

>> You mean like you always do?
>>

>Reading comprehension is a wonderful gift. Too bad you don't have it,
>Ernestine Hemingway. Asswipe.

And you had no problem getting a gun, right?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:08:15 PM UTC-5, Hank Rogers wrote:

> But she's not there. She is in the USA, washington state, near
> seattle or tacoma. Everything is not exactly the same in different
> regions of the world.
>
> Yoose are now acting like Popeye!

And don't forget, in Bothell land they have NOTHING that is available in the
other 49 states. Items simply don't exist there according to our female
John Kuthe.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:22:16 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> And you had no problem getting a gun, right?

Nope, not at all. No criminal history whatsoever and if it makes you feel
safer, my fingerprints are on file with the FBI and the TBI (Tennessee
Bureau of Investigation). Every time I've come up for renewal of my hand-
gun carry permit all they say is "remit the fee, please."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 17:49:25 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:22:16 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> And you had no problem getting a gun, right?
>>

>Nope, not at all. No criminal history whatsoever and if it makes you feel
>safer, my fingerprints are on file with the FBI and the TBI (Tennessee
>Bureau of Investigation). Every time I've come up for renewal of my hand-
>gun carry permit all they say is "remit the fee, please."

It's just that when I see an adult woman calling people names like a
14 year old, I have to think of that gun.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 19:08:08 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:
>>> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 16:25:40 -0700, "Julie Bove"

>>> I think they have it here. At least the basic ingredient info.
>>>

>> But she's not there. She is in the USA, washington state, near
>> seattle or tacoma. Everything is not exactly the same in different
>> regions of the world.
>>
>> Yoose are now acting like Popeye!

> It's a big world, Hank.

Yep, and everybody but yoose can own a gun. What the hell did yoose
do that you are not allowed?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 20:56:08 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Bruce wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 19:08:08 -0500, Hank Rogers >
>> wrote:

>>> But she's not there. She is in the USA, washington state, near
>>> seattle or tacoma. Everything is not exactly the same in different
>>> regions of the world.
>>>
>>> Yoose are now acting like Popeye!

>> It's a big world, Hank.
>>

>Yep, and everybody but yoose can own a gun.

Only in the US.

>What the hell did yoose do that you are not allowed?

I emigrated to Australia, not to the US.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Jun 2019 20:56:08 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> Bruce wrote:

>>> It's a big world, Hank.
>>>

>> Yep, and everybody but yoose can own a gun.

> Only in the US.
>
>> What the hell did yoose do that you are not allowed?

> I emigrated to Australia, not to the US.

I thought aussies are allowed to have guns. Is it just prohibited in
the big cities? I can't imagine a rancher in the outback not having
guns.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:58:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> It's just that when I see an adult woman calling people names like a
> 14 year old, I have to think of that gun.

when I see an adult male or female defend the indefensible I want to get my gun.

https://i.postimg.cc/DyNTW5Cw/Village-Idiots.jpg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 12:40:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:58:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>
>> It's just that when I see an adult woman calling people names like a
>> 14 year old, I have to think of that gun.
>>

>when I see an adult male or female defend the indefensible I want to get my gun.

So when you disagree with someone, you want to grab your gun. That's
exactly what I meant.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 7, 2019 at 2:59:54 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:

> On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 12:40:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
> >when I see an adult male or female defend the indefensible I want to get my gun.

> So when you disagree with someone, you want to grab your gun. That's
> exactly what I meant.

No, just retarded, and proud of it, Australians.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 12:40:20 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>
>> On Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 7:58:00 PM UTC-5, Bruce wrote:
>>>
>>> It's just that when I see an adult woman calling people names like a
>>> 14 year old, I have to think of that gun.
>>>

>> when I see an adult male or female defend the indefensible I want to get my gun.

> So when you disagree with someone, you want to grab your gun. That's
> exactly what I meant.

Here's what yoose need to do ... Go to yoose local police station,
and ask them if yoose can get a gun. Tell them yoose are afraid of
Joan, because she _HAS_ a gun. If they say no, ask if yoose can get
a BB gun. I bet yoose can get permission to have a BB gun, and that
will do so much for yoose self esteem and confidence.