Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default oyster sauce

True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.

Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
(using real oysters).

Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce,
in large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored"
sauce? I can see it, oysters becoming more rare.

I jes noticed I'm also currently out of any soy sauce. I like the
Kimlan brand (Taiwan). Not available, locally, so I gotta order it,
online.

Soy is Chinese in origin. Kikkoman is Japanese. All Asian cultures
have their own favorite brand.

nb