Posted to alt.food.asian

Default Good Oyster Sauce

I guess you could say I'm an oyster sauce aficionado. My
favorites used to be Lee Kum Kee Premium (not the "Panda" stuff).
and Amoy with Dried Scallop (no longer available?)

I'm, always looking for 'oyster extract' to be the first or
second ingredient on the label. So when I saw this for $.99, I
thought I'd give it a try. At $.99, I figured I could take one
taste and throw it away if it was nasty.

http://i18.tinypic.com/4dq5umb.jpg

Best stuff I've tasted yet. It beats out the others because it's
not as sweet as LKK or Amoy. It's "Dim Dim Chef's Choice" brand.

http://i16.tinypic.com/30ijkw1.jpg

Highly recommended. Pick some up if you see it. It sure beats
paying $4 for LKK premium.

Might as well throw in some real food in this post. This was
breakfast this morning:

http://tinypic.com/fullsize.php?pic=2ro4bja

Those are rice flour macaroni since I was out of the flat chow
fun noodles.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:25:47 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>I guess you could say I'm an oyster sauce aficionado. My
>favorites used to be Lee Kum Kee Premium (not the "Panda" stuff).
>and Amoy with Dried Scallop (no longer available?)
>
>I'm, always looking for 'oyster extract' to be the first or
>second ingredient on the label. So when I saw this for $.99, I
>thought I'd give it a try. At $.99, I figured I could take one
>taste and throw it away if it was nasty.
>
>http://i18.tinypic.com/4dq5umb.jpg
>
>Best stuff I've tasted yet. It beats out the others because it's
>not as sweet as LKK or Amoy. It's "Dim Dim Chef's Choice" brand.
>
>http://i16.tinypic.com/30ijkw1.jpg
>
>Highly recommended. Pick some up if you see it. It sure beats
>paying $4 for LKK premium.
>
>Might as well throw in some real food in this post. This was
>breakfast this morning:
>
>http://tinypic.com/fullsize.php?pic=2ro4bja
>
>Those are rice flour macaroni since I was out of the flat chow
>fun noodles.
>
>-sw

thanks. i've added this to my 'bean paste' notes.

your pal,
blake
Posted to alt.food.asian

Steve Wertz wrote:
> I guess you could say I'm an oyster sauce aficionado. My
> favorites used to be Lee Kum Kee Premium (not the "Panda" stuff).
> and Amoy with Dried Scallop (no longer available?)
>
> I'm, always looking for 'oyster extract' to be the first or
> second ingredient on the label. So when I saw this for $.99, I
> thought I'd give it a try. At $.99, I figured I could take one
> taste and throw it away if it was nasty.
>
> http://i18.tinypic.com/4dq5umb.jpg
>
> Best stuff I've tasted yet. It beats out the others because it's
> not as sweet as LKK or Amoy. It's "Dim Dim Chef's Choice" brand.
>
> http://i16.tinypic.com/30ijkw1.jpg
>
> Highly recommended. Pick some up if you see it. It sure beats
> paying $4 for LKK premium.
>
> Might as well throw in some real food in this post. This was
> breakfast this morning:
>
> http://tinypic.com/fullsize.php?pic=2ro4bja
>
> Those are rice flour macaroni since I was out of the flat chow
> fun noodles.
>
> -sw

We use Yan Wal Yun from Thailand...

Philippe waiting Nick's comment

Posted to alt.food.asian

Steve Wertz > wrote:
> I guess you could say I'm an oyster sauce aficionado. My
> favorites used to be Lee Kum Kee Premium (not the "Panda" stuff).
> and Amoy with Dried Scallop (no longer available?)
> [ . . . ]

Our current Oyster Sauce is a product of Thailand, Mfd by Chuew Huad,
Dist'd by Tra Maekrua and labelled "Maekrua Oyster Sauce." Ingredients:
Oyster Extract, Sugar, Salt, Soybean, Wheat Flour, Corn Starch and Sodium
Benzoate. The 600 mL (glass) bottle cost between $1 and $2.

~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 12:25:47 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>Might as well throw in some real food in this post. This was
>breakfast this morning:
>
>http://tinypic.com/fullsize.php?pic=2ro4bja
>
>Those are rice flour macaroni since I was out of the flat chow
>fun noodles.

I love chow fun and rice cakes. I have never seen the rice flour
macaroni. Do they go by another name? Are they sold semi-fresh,
vacuum packed, like rice cakes?

What is the green veggie?

------------
There are no atheists in foxholes
or in Fenway Park in an extra inning
game.
____

Cape Cod Bob

Delete the two "spam"s for email

Posted to alt.food.asian

Steve Wertz wrote:
> Might as well throw in some real food in this post. This was
> breakfast this morning:
>
> http://tinypic.com/fullsize.php?pic=2ro4bja
>
> Those are rice flour macaroni since I was out of the flat chow
> fun noodles.

Steve, that looks great! Can you post the recipe?

--
Dan
Posted to alt.food.asian

On 11 Apr 2007 03:24:48 GMT, Nick Cramer wrote:

> OK! OK! The green onion and broccoli were obvious. Hakusai is the Japanese
> name for Chinese cabbage, in case you bought it at the MT market. ;-/

Surely I would have expected you to throw "phakkat khoaplee" at me.
You're net getting all sushi an me, are you?

MT labels it "siew choi" and "wong nga bak".

-sw
Posted to alt.food.asian

Steve > wrote:
> On 11 Apr 2007 03:24:48 GMT, Nick Cramer wrote:
>
> > OK! OK! The green onion and broccoli were obvious. Hakusai is the
> > Japanese name for Chinese cabbage, in case you bought it at the MT
> > market. ;-/

> Surely I would have expected you to throw "phakkat khoaplee" at me.
> You're net getting all sushi an me, are you?
>
> MT labels it "siew choi" and "wong nga bak".

My dear sir, I would never throw "anything" at you!

Would that I could afford to go sushi. Sashimi grade fish is around $30/lb
+ $4 or 5 for gasoline.

Say hi to Nate when ya see him.

~Semper Fi~