Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] ChristKiller@deathtochristianity.pl is offline

Default oyster sauce

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 07:39:44 -0600, notbob > wrote:

>True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.
>
>Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
>traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
>(using real oysters).
>
>Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce,
>in large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored"
>sauce? I can see it, oysters becoming more rare.

Lee Kum Kee has some great products, I love their sriracha sauce, I
put that stuff on almost everything. Even my salads and my chili. Best
part is Lee Kum Kee is mostly gluten free!!!

>I jes noticed I'm also currently out of any soy sauce. I like the
>Kimlan brand (Taiwan). Not available, locally, so I gotta order it,
>online.

Try tamari sauce... it is essentially a soy sauce without the wheat.
In my opinion it tastes better, but most say it tastes the exact same

--

____/~~~sine qua non~~~\____