Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected][_2_] itsjoannotjoann@webtv.net[_2_] is offline

Default oyster sauce

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 8:39:52 AM UTC-5, notbob wrote:

> True oyster sauce seems to becoming a rarity.
>
> Years ago, I usta buy the Lee Kum Kee real oyster sauce in their
> traditional 240g jars. Even saw an old documentary on how it was made
> (using real oysters).
>
> Now, all I can seem to find is the Lee Kum Kee "oyster flavored" sauce,
> in large bottles. Is all the oyster sauce now an "oyster flavored"
> sauce? I can see it, oysters becoming more rare.
>
> nb

I've got an unopened bottle of Tra Maekrua oyster sauce I bought last year at
the Asian market. Product of Thailand and ingredients a

Oyster extract, 30%
Soy sauce, 28.8%
Water, 11.8%
Sugar, 10.1%
Modified starch (thickener), 7.5%
Corn starch, 3.5%
Acidity regulator, .1%
Sodium benzoate (preservative), .1%

Allergen Information: Contains oyster, soybean and wheat flour.