General Cooking (rec.food.cooking) For general food and cooking discussion. Foods of all kinds, food procurement, cooking methods and techniques, eating, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-01-2019, 11:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,129
Default I need "soft" foods

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 11:06:39 AM UTC-10, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/10/2019 2:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 4:16:34 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat


songbird


Any food with the word "cream" in it will do.


Yes, as in ice CREAM!


Yikes, my guts just did a half-pike.

  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 01:46 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,462
Default I need "soft" foods

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/10/2019 2:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 songbird wrote:
notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat

songbird

Any food with the word "cream" in it will do.


Yes, as in ice CREAM!


Yikes, my guts just did a half-pike.


For me the tastiest and most nutritious soft food is a Smoothie, can
contain all the above ingredients plus fresh fruit and veggies, and
there are protien powders to sub for meats, even Ovaltine works I add
raw eggs too. What goes into a Smoothie is only limited by one's
imagination... don't forget the Coco Lopez and rum... lots of berries,
tropical fruits (pineapple/banana, etc), ice cream of course, even
oatmeal for fiber. I began with Smoothies when I suffered a bout with
difficulty swallowing, however even though I no longer have that
problem I got hooked and I still have a couple three Smoothoes a
week... don't forget the spinach. I've not done it but I'm sure a
bacon n' egg smoothie is very doable.

  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 01:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,129
Default I need "soft" foods

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 2:46:21 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/10/2019 2:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 songbird wrote:
notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat

songbird

Any food with the word "cream" in it will do.

Yes, as in ice CREAM!


Yikes, my guts just did a half-pike.


For me the tastiest and most nutritious soft food is a Smoothie, can
contain all the above ingredients plus fresh fruit and veggies, and
there are protien powders to sub for meats, even Ovaltine works I add
raw eggs too. What goes into a Smoothie is only limited by one's
imagination... don't forget the Coco Lopez and rum... lots of berries,
tropical fruits (pineapple/banana, etc), ice cream of course, even
oatmeal for fiber. I began with Smoothies when I suffered a bout with
difficulty swallowing, however even though I no longer have that
problem I got hooked and I still have a couple three Smoothoes a
week... don't forget the spinach. I've not done it but I'm sure a
bacon n' egg smoothie is very doable.


You just made me shit in my pants - you mother****er!
  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 02:23 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 5,462
Default I need "soft" foods

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:51:53 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 2:46:21 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/10/2019 2:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 songbird wrote:
notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat

songbird

Any food with the word "cream" in it will do.

Yes, as in ice CREAM!

Yikes, my guts just did a half-pike.


For me the tastiest and most nutritious soft food is a Smoothie, can
contain all the above ingredients plus fresh fruit and veggies, and
there are protien powders to sub for meats, even Ovaltine works I add
raw eggs too. What goes into a Smoothie is only limited by one's
imagination... don't forget the Coco Lopez and rum... lots of berries,
tropical fruits (pineapple/banana, etc), ice cream of course, even
oatmeal for fiber. I began with Smoothies when I suffered a bout with
difficulty swallowing, however even though I no longer have that
problem I got hooked and I still have a couple three Smoothoes a
week... don't forget the spinach. I've not done it but I'm sure a
bacon n' egg smoothie is very doable.


You just made me shit in my pants - you mother****er!


What an ingrate... aloha boys don't wear panties under their grass
skirts.
  #20 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 04:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,131
Default I need "soft" foods

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:20:47 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:

lid writes:

Thanks, Captain Obvious! notbob is notbright, but I think he can
identify soft foods.


sir yes SIR


It's "jawohl, herr kommandant", my little Swabian spätzle.

-sw


  #21 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 04:21 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,005
Default I need "soft" foods

wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 16:51:53 -0800 (PST), dsi1
wrote:

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 2:46:21 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/10/2019 2:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 songbird wrote:
notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat

songbird

Any food with the word "cream" in it will do.

Yes, as in ice CREAM!

Yikes, my guts just did a half-pike.

For me the tastiest and most nutritious soft food is a Smoothie, can
contain all the above ingredients plus fresh fruit and veggies, and
there are protien powders to sub for meats, even Ovaltine works I add
raw eggs too. What goes into a Smoothie is only limited by one's
imagination... don't forget the Coco Lopez and rum... lots of berries,
tropical fruits (pineapple/banana, etc), ice cream of course, even
oatmeal for fiber. I began with Smoothies when I suffered a bout with
difficulty swallowing, however even though I no longer have that
problem I got hooked and I still have a couple three Smoothoes a
week... don't forget the spinach. I've not done it but I'm sure a
bacon n' egg smoothie is very doable.


You just made me shit in my pants - you mother****er!


What an ingrate... aloha boys don't wear panties under their grass
skirts.


Pull out yoose finger Popeye ... Now, smell it.


  #22 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 04:32 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2,005
Default I need "soft" foods

dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 2:46:21 PM UTC-10, Sheldon wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 1/10/2019 2:14 PM, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, January 10, 2019 songbird wrote:
notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat

songbird

Any food with the word "cream" in it will do.

Yes, as in ice CREAM!

Yikes, my guts just did a half-pike.


For me the tastiest and most nutritious soft food is a Smoothie, can
contain all the above ingredients plus fresh fruit and veggies, and
there are protien powders to sub for meats, even Ovaltine works I add
raw eggs too. What goes into a Smoothie is only limited by one's
imagination... don't forget the Coco Lopez and rum... lots of berries,
tropical fruits (pineapple/banana, etc), ice cream of course, even
oatmeal for fiber. I began with Smoothies when I suffered a bout with
difficulty swallowing, however even though I no longer have that
problem I got hooked and I still have a couple three Smoothoes a
week... don't forget the spinach. I've not done it but I'm sure a
bacon n' egg smoothie is very doable.


You just made me shit in my pants - you mother****er!


And yoose probably just gave Popeye a hard-on.


  #23 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 04:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17,622
Default I need "soft" foods

Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.


You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now


Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

Also, you asked what kind of food to eat in the meantime? Really?
You received lots of answers but
that's all about what *they* would eat, not what you might like.
Very good troll, nb.

Just break out your blender, add 2 cups water, turn it on and
jam your hand down in there. Your tooth won't hurt you anymore
until next Tuesday when it gets pulled.
  #24 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 04:46 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,010
Default I need "soft" foods

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:33:34 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.


You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now


Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

....

One who is WAITING on the FOR PROFIT HEALTH INSURANCE to kick in!! :-(

I PAY FOR my own Dentistry Work! Because I am WEALTHY!

Poor dependent on FOR PROFIT Health Insurancer! :-(

John Kuthe, KutheChocolates.com...
  #25 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 05:35 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 116
Default I need "soft" foods

On 1/11/19 8:46 AM, John Kuthe THE KANDY MAN KAN wrote:

PAY FOR my own Dentistry Work! Because I am WEALTHY!

Poor dependent on FOR PROFIT Health Insurancer!:-(


You pay for it only because no one else will. BTW the candy on your .com
looks really good but you are closed everyday! Good way to be a non
profiteer.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...m=Nonprofiteer

jay


  #26 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 05:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4,237
Default I need "soft" foods

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:32:48 -0500, Gary wrote:

Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.


You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now


Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

Also, you asked what kind of food to eat in the meantime? Really?
You received lots of answers but
that's all about what *they* would eat, not what you might like.
Very good troll, nb.

Just break out your blender, add 2 cups water, turn it on and
jam your hand down in there. Your tooth won't hurt you anymore
until next Tuesday when it gets pulled.


we've had this kind of post many times before. It is a way for the
poster to let us know they are in pain, in trouble and wanting to
share.
I agree that the dentist s/b willing to pull the tooth right now.
however, a little sympathy for the poster wouldn't be amiss.
Sorry to hear about your pain, notbob. How about cooking up some
tapioca?
Janet US
  #27 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 05:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 17,622
Default I need "soft" foods

"U.S. Janet B." wrote:

Gary wrote:
Also, you asked what kind of food to eat in the meantime? Really?
You received lots of answers but
that's all about what *they* would eat, not what you might like.
Very good troll, nb.

Just break out your blender, add 2 cups water, turn it on and
jam your hand down in there. Your tooth won't hurt you anymore
until next Tuesday when it gets pulled.


we've had this kind of post many times before. It is a way for the
poster to let us know they are in pain, in trouble and wanting to
share.


True enough.

I agree that the dentist s/b willing to pull the tooth right now.
however, a little sympathy for the poster wouldn't be amiss.


Certainly sympathy from me and my blender comment should have
been an obvious joke to all and especially to notbob.
  #28 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 06:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,131
Default I need "soft" foods

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:32:48 -0500, Gary wrote:

Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.


You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now


Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?


I had a pussy dentist that wouldn't pull infected teeth, but I saw
someone else in his same group would pull it right away. And any
oral surgeon wouldn't give a shit.

-sw
  #29 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 06:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,131
Default I need "soft" foods

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 07:46:13 -0800 (PST), John Kuthe wrote:

On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 9:33:34 AM UTC-6, Gary wrote:
Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now


Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

...

One who is WAITING on the FOR PROFIT HEALTH INSURANCE to kick in!! :-(

I PAY FOR my own Dentistry Work! Because I am WEALTHY!


You pay for your own dentistry because you have full (or even part
time) job that provides insurance.

Poor dependent on FOR PROFIT Health Insurancer! :-(


You know these For Profit Dentists make more money and profit off of
your self-pay than they would any insured patients, right? Who's
feeding the Evil Chinese Money Grubbers now?

-sw
  #30 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 11-01-2019, 06:58 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 1,131
Default I need "soft" foods

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 09:51:50 -0700, U.S. Janet B. wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 10:32:48 -0500, Gary wrote:

Sqwertz wrote:

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.
Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now


Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?

Also, you asked what kind of food to eat in the meantime? Really?
You received lots of answers but
that's all about what *they* would eat, not what you might like.
Very good troll, nb.

Just break out your blender, add 2 cups water, turn it on and
jam your hand down in there. Your tooth won't hurt you anymore
until next Tuesday when it gets pulled.


we've had this kind of post many times before. It is a way for the
poster to let us know they are in pain, in trouble and wanting to
share.


But nb is no stranger to these simpleton and excessively needy posts
when he's not in pain, too.

-sw


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking For "Chewy" Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe-Not Soft Or Crisp Judy Haffner General Cooking 117 12-10-2011 06:30 PM
When the cookie recipe calls for "soft shortening" Kalmia General Cooking 11 14-12-2010 10:54 PM
w.r.t responses on ""Top 5 Worst Foods You Can Eat That People ThinkAre Healthy" Options " Manda Ruby General Cooking 32 20-08-2010 03:34 PM
Soft Sugar Drop Cookies, Made with "0-Trans Fat Crisco" Cuthbert Thistlethwaite General Cooking 6 16-06-2008 02:42 PM
Your FDA Sez: "No Concerns on Benzene in Soft Drinks" [email protected] Recipes 1 30-03-2006 12:08 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2019 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017