Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz[_53_] Sqwertz[_53_] is offline

Default I need "soft" foods

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:07:28 GMT, l not -l wrote:

> On 11-Jan-2019, U.S. Janet B. > wrote:

>>>Yeah, no kidding. What kind of slack dentist would make you wait
>>>a week to get it pulled when you are in pain now?
>>>
>>>Also, you asked what kind of food to eat in the meantime? Really?
>>>You received lots of answers but
>>>that's all about what *they* would eat, not what you might like.
>>>Very good troll, nb.
>>>
>>>Just break out your blender, add 2 cups water, turn it on and
>>>jam your hand down in there. Your tooth won't hurt you anymore
>>>until next Tuesday when it gets pulled.

>> we've had this kind of post many times before. It is a way for the
>> poster to let us know they are in pain, in trouble and wanting to
>> share.
>> I agree that the dentist s/b willing to pull the tooth right now.
>> however, a little sympathy for the poster wouldn't be amiss.

> Except in the case of an abcess, which should be treated with antibiotics
> before extraction.

A good oral surgeon (mine: http://www.widneroms.com/doctors/) will
extract an abscessed tooth. I had a shitty dentist, Alex Jones
father (Alex(*) is infamous outside of Austin too, right?), put a
crown on a fractured tooth. Bacteria was trapped in there and got
abscessed and it infected my sinus cavity. So swollen I could
barely close or open the eye on that side of the face. The CT scan
of my head was "quite impressive" according to the surgeon.

He pulled the tooth, popped the access, and then cut a hole up
through my gums into the cheek almost to my eye and cleaned that
out. Then sqwertzed a bunch of antibiotic up there and sewed it
shut. Despite all that, it was the most pleasant tooth pull I've
ever had (my fourth, with two implants). Only took about 10
minutes, too.

(*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones

-sw