Old 16-08-2010, 09:42 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default w.r.t responses on ""Top 5 Worst Foods You Can Eat That People ThinkAre Healthy" Options "

Obviously, only a few resposnes had any useful info.

Regardless of what the guy's motive was in posting those 5 food, I was
looking for some rebuttal from scientific perspective in RELEVANCE to
FOOD DIGESTION in human body. So if you (referring to idiots only)
are idiotic enough to attack me go ahead but try to remove your
ignorance by learnign that Chemistry as a subject title exists only at
high school level. In college it is offered under many different title
that would fall under the categories of
- General Chemisty
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistr
- Biochemistry
etc.

So, in graduate school, one must choose a specialization among these.

Try looking up the courses at a university wesbite before you spew
your ignorance as if I am suppoed to understand everything under the
sun. "Stoopid" is all I will call you (and you know who you are).

Old 16-08-2010, 10:00 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
[...]

Ah, well that explains everything -- thanks!

Old 16-08-2010, 10:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 8/16/2010 14:42, Manda Ruby wrote:
Obviously, only a few resposnes had any useful info.

Regardless of what the guy's motive was in posting those 5 food, I was
looking for some rebuttal from scientific perspective in RELEVANCE to
FOOD DIGESTION in human body.

The first time you posted the "Top 5 Worst Foods..." topic, you only
gave a link and didn't add any thoughts of your own. The second time you
posted it, you asked for "Any comments?" You didn't ask for rebuttals,
for specific comments, for only intelligent comments, or for only those
comments you wish to hear. You asked for any comments, and that's what
you got.

So if you (referring to idiots only)
are idiotic enough to attack me go ahead but try to remove your
ignorance by learnign that Chemistry as a subject title exists only at
high school level. In college it is offered under many different title
that would fall under the categories of
- General Chemisty
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistr
- Biochemistry
etc.
So, in graduate school, one must choose a specialization among these.

Are you telling me you're in graduate school? Because you talk like a
sophomore.

Be careful what you wish for, and shut the **** up.
Old 16-08-2010, 10:15 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" ha scritto nel messaggio
[...]

You know what? So what? It wouldn't take a science degree to know that was
all bull hockey. You knew what dirty water you were roiling up when you
posted that. There is such a thing as scientific thinking, and apparently
you want us to do yours for you.

Stop being so bloody rude or go away.

Old 16-08-2010, 10:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 13:42:12 -0700 (PDT), Manda Ruby wrote:

Try looking up the courses at a university wesbite before you spew
your ignorance as if I am suppoed to understand everything under the
sun. "Stoopid" is all I will call you (and you know who you are).

Is anybody that responded a chemistry major, or qualified to teach
chemistry?

-sw

Old 16-08-2010, 10:51 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Pennyaline" wrote in message
On 8/16/2010 14:42, Manda Ruby wrote:

snipped inane drivel

[...]

Penny, please. Sophomores everywhere shudder at the comparison. I have an
incoming college junior at home and this is way beneath anything she or her
friends would conjure up.

Try looking up the courses at a university wesbite before you spew
your ignorance as if I am suppoed to understand everything under the
sun. "Stoopid" is all I will call you (and you know who you are).

Be careful what you wish for, and shut the **** up.

STFU is a comment usually ending a Mandy Ruby ramble.
-ginny

Old 16-08-2010, 11:16 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

amandaF wrote:

[...]

....and yet, a chemist who chooses one of the specialties you list above must
have ALREADY mastered the chemistry which is taught at the high school
level, right? So anything which can be seen as nonsense and riddled with
fallacies and fiction at the lower level will still be nonsense, fallacies,
and fiction at the higher level, won't it?

Bob

Old 17-08-2010, 01:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Virginia Tadrzynski" wrote in message

"Pennyaline" wrote in message

Are you telling me you're in graduate school? Because you talk like a
sophomore.

Penny, please. Sophomores everywhere shudder at the comparison. I have
an incoming college junior at home and this is way beneath anything she or
her friends would conjure up.

Also an undergraduate at 47. lol Maybe my writing here can be sophomoric
at times. Ok, most times.

Old 17-08-2010, 01:56 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Manda Ruby wrote:
Obviously, only a few resposnes had any useful info.

Regardless of what the guy's motive was in posting those 5 food, I was
looking for some rebuttal from scientific perspective

Mark Twain once suggested that one never argue with a fool because
people might not be able to tell the difference. The link you posted is
not, IMHO, worthy of rebuttal. We are giving you, however, the benefit
of the doubt.

-S-

Old 17-08-2010, 03:28 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Freides wrote:
Manda Ruby wrote:
Obviously, only a few resposnes had any useful info.

Regardless of what the guy's motive was in posting those 5 food, I
was looking for some rebuttal from scientific perspective

Mark Twain once suggested that one never argue with a fool because
people might not be able to tell the difference. The link you posted
is not, IMHO, worthy of rebuttal. We are giving you, however, the
benefit of the doubt.

Speaking for myself, that benefit expired long ago.

nancy

Old 17-08-2010, 04:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

[...]

get the **** out here with 'scientific perspective.' the guy is obviously
a quack and huckster. if you can't see that, you don't have a whole lot of
room to be calling people 'idiots.'

blake
Old 17-08-2010, 05:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Manda Ruby" wrote in message
Obviously, only a few resposnes had any useful info.

Obviously you were just looking for an excuse to insult people.
Go away.

Old 17-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Senior Member

Location: WI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Ruby View Post
[...]

I doubt those qualified to do so would wish to research against this idiocy. Most do research to PROVE something, not disprove the plethera bullshit like this freak suggests.

I love the argument "prove to me God doesn't exist." Proving the non-existence of most things is stupid as you can't prove a negative. Prove to me there isn't a T-rex with a pink hat in the room with me.

This is so stoopid on a pragmatic level, it sounds like you're just mad that the rest of the world doesn't agree with your "common sense."

You're brilliant...the rest of the world is stoopid, eh?

The fact that nobody has done research to prove this hypothesis correct is pretty convincing proof to its illegitmacy.

Isn't it strange that animals, that have had no means or cooking, prefer cooked meat over raw? Most folks I know in the science realm support that it wasn't so much our eating of meat that advanced us, rather the cooking of the meat which makes it easier to digest that put us on top.

This sort of thing, though, BEGS for a pseudoscientist to research for the sole purpose of validation (for the pseudoscientist and the hypothesis.)

Last edited by Gorio : 17-08-2010 at 07:11 PM
Old 17-08-2010, 09:24 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"news" ha scritto nel messaggio

"Manda Ruby" wrote in message

Obviously, only a few resposnes had any useful info.

Obviously you were just looking for an excuse to insult people.

Ahh, now we are the "Useful Information Bank"!

Old 17-08-2010, 11:13 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Aug 16, 3:16*pm, "Bob Terwilliger"
wrote:
amandaF wrote:
[...]

Don't feel flattred about what I am about to say. Your response is the
only post I opended and skimmed through in this thread. I will just
tell you this: The guy who told me that spciy food is VERY bad from
the digestive tract is a PhD chemist who did some research work in
Biochemistry. Not that that'd make him expert in this topic on spciy
food.

And not that I expected people from cooking forum to know for sure
how BAD is the spicy food to the digestive tract but in case anyone
have read up on the topic, I was hoping that she/he would share.
Instead, all I got was a bunch of losers trying to find fault with the
question, which OBVIOUSLY is typical thought processing in them.
Can't say that I was surprised.

Bob- Hide quoted text -