Posted to rec.food.cooking
Alex[_25_] Alex[_25_] is offline

Default I need "soft" foods

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 18:07:28 GMT, l not -l wrote:

>>> we've had this kind of post many times before. It is a way for the
>>> poster to let us know they are in pain, in trouble and wanting to
>>> share.
>>> I agree that the dentist s/b willing to pull the tooth right now.
>>> however, a little sympathy for the poster wouldn't be amiss.

>> Except in the case of an abcess, which should be treated with antibiotics
>> before extraction.

> A good oral surgeon (mine: http://www.widneroms.com/doctors/) will
> extract an abscessed tooth. I had a shitty dentist, Alex Jones
> father (Alex(*) is infamous outside of Austin too, right?), put a
> crown on a fractured tooth. Bacteria was trapped in there and got
> abscessed and it infected my sinus cavity. So swollen I could
> barely close or open the eye on that side of the face. The CT scan
> of my head was "quite impressive" according to the surgeon.
>
> He pulled the tooth, popped the access, and then cut a hole up
> through my gums into the cheek almost to my eye and cleaned that
> out. Then sqwertzed a bunch of antibiotic up there and sewed it
> shut. Despite all that, it was the most pleasant tooth pull I've
> ever had (my fourth, with two implants). Only took about 10
> minutes, too.
>
> (*) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Jones
>
> -sw

I have a buddy who needed some major dental work after radiation
treatment for cancer destroyed his teeth. He was quoted around $40,000
for the work. He found a dental clinic in Cancun that cost him around
$11,000 for the same work. For $15K he got a vacation (I guess) and
top-notch dental work. He sent me a link to the place and it was
pristine and had the newest and best equipment. They even had hotel
discounts and would pick him up and drop him off. I can get that link
again for anyone interested.