FoodBanter.com

-   -   I need "soft" foods (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/445552-i-need-soft-foods.html)

notbob[_7_] 09-01-2019 11:07 PM

I need "soft" foods

I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

nb

tert in seattle 09-01-2019 11:14 PM

I need "soft" foods

writes:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

nb

bananas
ice cream
oatmeal
eggs
tuna shake

jay[_352_] 09-01-2019 11:29 PM

I need "soft" foods

On 1/9/19 4:07 PM, notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today.* Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday.* Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions?** ;(

nb

Sorry about dental issue. If you have a blender you can turn a lot of
your favorite nutritional foods into soft. Protein is one thing you
really need to keep up and most soften up nicely blended. Soft cooked
eggs even sound good to me right now. Nice time to enjoy some soups with
cold weather in most parts. Soft blended bean soup is really good as
well and a good source of protein. Luck with it!

jay

[email protected] 09-01-2019 11:58 PM

I need "soft" foods

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:07:52 -0700, notbob wrote:

I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

nb

Scrambled eggs, omelette - hope it soon ends

[email protected][_2_] 10-01-2019 12:03 AM

I need "soft" foods

On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 5:20:05 PM UTC-6, tert in seattle wrote:

bananas
ice cream
oatmeal
eggs
tuna shake

I'm going to add to his list:

mashed potatoes
overcooked macaroni and cheese
loose/chopped up meatloaf
apple sauce
Jell-O
overcooked cauliflower

Julie Bove[_2_] 10-01-2019 12:04 AM

I need "soft" foods

"notbob" wrote in message
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

nb

Mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, pudding, applesauce, bananas, creamed corn,
well cooked green beans, well cooked carrots, pasta (small shapes) or rice
well cooked, beans either mashed or refried, oatmeal or other cooked
cereals, quinoa,Vienna sausages. Even tomato sauce. I have been known to eat
it straight from the can, especially when I'm low on magnesium. I crave the
stuff!

Sqwertz[_53_] 10-01-2019 01:53 AM

I need "soft" foods

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 16:07:52 -0700, notbob wrote:

I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

You need a new dentist that will pull the tooth now (and not crown a
broken tooth without a root canal(*)). In the meantime, just eat
soft foods or chew on the other side of your mouth. We can't bring
you soft foods.

-sw

Sqwertz[_53_] 10-01-2019 01:54 AM

I need "soft" foods

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 23:14:43 +0000 (UTC), tert in seattle wrote:

writes:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

nb

bananas
ice cream
oatmeal
eggs
tuna shake

Thanks, Captain Obvious! notbob is notbright, but I think he can
identify soft foods.

-sw

notbob[_7_] 10-01-2019 03:37 AM

I need "soft" foods

On 1/9/2019 4:07 PM, notbob wrote:

Any other suggestions?** ;(

All great suggestions. Thanks, gang! ;)

nb

songbird 10-01-2019 02:14 PM

I need "soft" foods

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat

songbird

dsi1[_2_] 10-01-2019 07:14 PM

I need "soft" foods

On Thursday, January 10, 2019 at 4:16:34 AM UTC-10, songbird wrote:
notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat

songbird

Any food with the word "cream" in it will do. :)

Ed Pawlowski[_5_] 10-01-2019 09:06 PM

I need "soft" foods

notbob wrote:
I finally went to the dentist, today. Not good news.

Gotta baby this broken crowned tooth --molar: last molar, bottom left--
till next Tuesday. Then, it will be pulled.

Right now I'm living on "killer" (I cook!) spit-pea soup.

Any other suggestions? ;(

cream cheese
cream of wheat

songbird

Any food with the word "cream" in it will do. :)

Yes, as in ice CREAM!