Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Fine for AC

On 7/6/2015 4:32 AM, Ophelia wrote:
> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
> because it offends you?

Swamp Cooler is *not* the proper name for it. It's slang. Sure, you
can Google and find a ton of listings for swamp coolers, but technically
it's an evaporative cooler. A true swamp cooler is a big pan filled
with ice with fan blowing across it to cool the room.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 21:41:20 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> Nope. Bob Seeger. He also has two Harley Davidson motorcycles, and
>>> every nice warm day he has both bikes sitting out on his driveway to
>>> make it look like a regular hog heaven. He has lived there for about 4
>>> years now and has only been out on one bike two or three times in those
>>> years. The plates on the other were expired before he even moved here. I
>>> think that qualifies as a wannabee biker.

>It is a sad joke to see all the old guys going suffering through a
>midlife crisis and buying a Harley and all the regalia and then riding
>around in groups while pretending they are Marlon Brando in the Wild
>One. Even sadder is the 50-70 yesr old women trying to be biker
>chicks. If only they knew that the passenger seat is called the bitch pad.

That describes them perfectly

>> I sometimes wonder how many Harleys are actually used on the road.
>> I've known of quite a few people over the years with Harleys that are
>> rarely (if ever) ridden. Personally, I hate the things (along with all
>> the associated paraphernalia and conformist uniforms) and would take a
>> Jap bike over a Harley any day. Big, slow, heavy and of course noisy
>> for the sake of it.

>There is some jackass that comes down our road around 5:45 am in a
>Harley with the requisite lack of muffler and a stereo cranked up loud
>enough for him and everyone for two miles around to hear it over the
>unmuffled engine.

This sums them up nicely:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gX1q-HqxQA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 14:39:09 -0500, DreadfulBitch
> wrote:

> On 7/6/2015 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> >> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names,
> >> like evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that
> >> are nasty. Just my $.02.

> > I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?
> >

> I truly don't understand why you're confused. I wrote "by another of
> its names." i have no clue if there is a 'proper name' for that
> appliance (I'd never heard of a 'swamp cooler' under I read one of
> Julie's posts), but I simply expressed my opinion that that name brings
> to mind a not so nice hot & steamy swamp.
>
> It makes me wonder what the house might look like if it's got a swamp
> cooler in it.

It will look like what Jill described: a fan set behind a pan of ice.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 7/6/2015 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names,
>>> like evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that
>>> are nasty. Just my $.02.

>> I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?
>>

> I truly don't understand why you're confused. I wrote "by another of its
> names." i have no clue if there is a 'proper name' for that appliance
> (I'd never heard of a 'swamp cooler' under I read one of Julie's posts),
> but I simply expressed my opinion that that name brings to mind a not so
> nice hot & steamy swamp.
>
> It makes me wonder what the house might look like if it's got a swamp
> cooler in it.

You have issues. There is nothing wrong with that term.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Acme Bully Control > wrote in news:mne91b$9mg$21
@dont-email.me:

>>> Suuuuure...always blame someone else, typical damned
>>> unaccountable Canucklehead!

>> Yanqui *******o,

> Canuckleheaded sot!
>
>> denying the obvious.

> Blaming the media which isn't even your own?
>
> It is to laugh!
>
> YOU MISERABLE RAT ******* FRENCHY!
>
> **** OFF AND die!

I see you have lost bladder control.

*plonk*

--

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice,
you have chosen the side of the oppressor " --

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2015 10:32 PM, Ophelia wrote:

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 7/5/2015 5:24 PM, wrote:
>>> On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:14:49 -0500, DreadfulBitch

>>> I'd describe evaporative coolers as 'nasty' too. They're only just
>>> okay in a dry climate, but absolutely useless if there's any
>>> appreciable amount of humidity.
>>>

>> But for me, at least, 'evaporative coolers' doesn't bring to mind the
>> nasty, smelly images of a swamp. Perhaps Hawkeye's and Trapper's...

> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
> because it offends you?
>
> Perhaps you would print a list of things she is allowed to say .... to
> keep your sensibilities happy of course ...
>
> Hell she has been attacked for all kinds of things but never for calling
> something by its proper name. You get the gold star for this one!!!
>
> Do share, is there even one little thing that she can do right???

Swamp cooler is a great name. The people that I know that actually have
one call it a "swamp cooler." One lives in Arizona and the other is in
Southern California. They work great! We don't have any on this rock though.

I suggest that we call them "phase-change heat transfer units" because
you can't ever go wrong by being technically accurate - or can you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy2" > wrote in message
> Fining people for uncleared sidewalks is silly, because it doesn't get
> them cleared.
> Here in snow country, people have 48 hours to clear a sidewalk, and if
> they don't,
> the city does it and then sends the homeowner a bill.
>
> N.

Nobody clears them here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 3:26 PM, sf wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 14:39:09 -0500, DreadfulBitch
> > wrote:

>>> I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?
>>>

>> I truly don't understand why you're confused. I wrote "by another of
>> its names." i have no clue if there is a 'proper name' for that
>> appliance (I'd never heard of a 'swamp cooler' under I read one of
>> Julie's posts), but I simply expressed my opinion that that name brings
>> to mind a not so nice hot & steamy swamp.
>>
>> It makes me wonder what the house might look like if it's got a swamp
>> cooler in it.

> It will look like what Jill described: a fan set behind a pan of ice.

Not precisely:

http://www.coolmax.com.au/evaporativ...w-it-works.htm

If anything they share a lot in common with your average toilet, given
the float and fill valve mechanism.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-06 5:00 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Fining people for uncleared sidewalks is silly, because it doesn't get them cleared.
> Here in snow country, people have 48 hours to clear a sidewalk, and if they don't,
> the city does it and then sends the homeowner a bill.

Fining people for not shovelling their sidewalks may not get them
cleared in that storm, but chances are the homeowner will be more
diligent about it in the future. It is like photo radar. The person may
or may not realize that they got nailed at the time, but when the photo
radar ticket shows up at their door they get the message.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/6/2015 4:32 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
>> because it offends you?

> Swamp Cooler is *not* the proper name for it. It's slang. Sure, you can
> Google and find a ton of listings for swamp coolers, but technically it's
> an evaporative cooler. A true swamp cooler is a big pan filled with ice
> with fan blowing across it to cool the room.

Everyone I know uses that term. Say it and they know what you mean. Say
"evaporative cooler" and you might get an odd look.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/07/2015 3:00 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
> Fining people for uncleared sidewalks is silly, because it doesn't get them cleared.
> Here in snow country, people have 48 hours to clear a sidewalk, and if they don't,
> the city does it and then sends the homeowner a bill.
>
> N.

It's 24 hours here!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 14:39:09 -0500, DreadfulBitch
> > wrote:

>> > I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?
>> >

>> I truly don't understand why you're confused. I wrote "by another of
>> its names." i have no clue if there is a 'proper name' for that
>> appliance (I'd never heard of a 'swamp cooler' under I read one of
>> Julie's posts), but I simply expressed my opinion that that name brings
>> to mind a not so nice hot & steamy swamp.
>>
>> It makes me wonder what the house might look like if it's got a swamp
>> cooler in it.

> It will look like what Jill described: a fan set behind a pan of ice.

Uh, no. The new one just arrived. I will put up a pic.

http://www.wayfair.com/Culer-Double-...-AUMT1004.html

This one doesn't have as much capacity as the old one but it is better in
that I can make it put out more mist at once and it takes up far less floor
space so will be easier to store.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 3:40 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message

>>> I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?
>>>

>> I truly don't understand why you're confused. I wrote "by another of
>> its names." i have no clue if there is a 'proper name' for that
>> appliance (I'd never heard of a 'swamp cooler' under I read one of
>> Julie's posts), but I simply expressed my opinion that that name
>> brings to mind a not so nice hot & steamy swamp.
>>
>> It makes me wonder what the house might look like if it's got a swamp
>> cooler in it.

> You have issues. There is nothing wrong with that term.

True.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/07/2015 3:47 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-07-06 5:00 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
>> Fining people for uncleared sidewalks is silly, because it doesn't get
>> them cleared.
>> Here in snow country, people have 48 hours to clear a sidewalk, and if
>> they don't,
>> the city does it and then sends the homeowner a bill.

> Fining people for not shovelling their sidewalks may not get them
> cleared in that storm, but chances are the homeowner will be more
> diligent about it in the future. It is like photo radar. The person may
> or may not realize that they got nailed at the time, but when the photo
> radar ticket shows up at their door they get the message.

The Sun reported today that some guy had walked around his neighbourhood
and reported every house where he saw an oxeye daisy (it's classified as
a noxious weed) in the lawn.
*SIXTY FIVE* households received a letter from the city!!
Graham
http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/05...r-wild-daisies

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Water Main Break (WAS: OT Fine for AC)

On 2015-07-06 5:10 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> to see one in my neighbor's driveway. Or a tractor trailer.
>>
>> None of those things bother me. But I have a neighbor who collects Opel
>> GTs in varying states of decay. That's an eyesore.

> If looking at that stuff every day doesn't bother you I'd say you live
> in the perfect neighborhood... for you.

Julie doesn't realize who easy it is to track down her address, do a
virtual drive-by or an overhead view to see if any of her neighbours
have a collection of cars of any type.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 3:41 PM, Michel Boucher wrote:
> Acme Bully Control > wrote in news:mne91b$9mg$21
> @dont-email.me:

>>> Yanqui *******o,

>> Canuckleheaded sot!
>>
>>> denying the obvious.

>> Blaming the media which isn't even your own?
>>
>> It is to laugh!
>>
>> YOU MISERABLE RAT ******* FRENCHY!
>>
>> **** OFF AND die!

> I see you have lost bladder control.
>
> *plonk*

I see you are a typical canucklehead America-hater.

*flush*
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 3:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/5/2015 10:32 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> But for me, at least, 'evaporative coolers' doesn't bring to mind the
>>> nasty, smelly images of a swamp. Perhaps Hawkeye's and Trapper's...

>> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
>> because it offends you?
>>
>> Perhaps you would print a list of things she is allowed to say .... to
>> keep your sensibilities happy of course ...
>>
>> Hell she has been attacked for all kinds of things but never for calling
>> something by its proper name. You get the gold star for this one!!!
>>
>> Do share, is there even one little thing that she can do right???
>>

> Swamp cooler is a great name. The people that I know that actually have
> one call it a "swamp cooler." One lives in Arizona and the other is in
> Southern California. They work great! We don't have any on this rock
> though.
>
> I suggest that we call them "phase-change heat transfer units" because
> you can't ever go wrong by being technically accurate - or can you?

Well you didn't start out with an "and", so...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 3:56 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2015-07-06 5:10 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> to see one in my neighbor's driveway. Or a tractor trailer.
>>>
>>> None of those things bother me. But I have a neighbor who collects Opel
>>> GTs in varying states of decay. That's an eyesore.

>> If looking at that stuff every day doesn't bother you I'd say you live
>> in the perfect neighborhood... for you.
>>

> Julie doesn't realize who easy it is to track down her address, do a
> virtual drive-by or an overhead view to see if any of her neighbours
> have a collection of cars of any type.

Wow, you stalk her much?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 11:57 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/6/2015 3:42 PM, dsi1 wrote:

>>> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
>>> because it offends you?
>>>
>>> Perhaps you would print a list of things she is allowed to say .... to
>>> keep your sensibilities happy of course ...
>>>
>>> Hell she has been attacked for all kinds of things but never for calling
>>> something by its proper name. You get the gold star for this one!!!
>>>
>>> Do share, is there even one little thing that she can do right???
>>>

>> Swamp cooler is a great name. The people that I know that actually have
>> one call it a "swamp cooler." One lives in Arizona and the other is in
>> Southern California. They work great! We don't have any on this rock
>> though.
>>
>> I suggest that we call them "phase-change heat transfer units" because
>> you can't ever go wrong by being technically accurate - or can you?
>>

> Well you didn't start out with an "and", so...

I had a service guy come into the office this morning asking about the
air conditioner. I gave him the complete run down including the
temperature readings and a short history of the AC performance
throughout the years. We concluded that the AC was shitty and needed to
be replaced. Oh yeah.

Currently, the temperature on my desktop is 79 degrees and rising. Oh crap!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 16:41:03 -0500, Michel Boucher

:

>>> Yanqui *******o,

>> Canuckleheaded sot!
>>
>>> denying the obvious.

>> Blaming the media which isn't even your own?
>>
>> It is to laugh!
>>
>> YOU MISERABLE RAT ******* FRENCHY!
>>
>> **** OFF AND die!

>I see you have lost bladder control.

Not a bladder. It's a bowel, hence the verbal diarrhoea.
It's a dual-purpose organ for Acme Bully Control, it's brain cavity
merely stores the methane.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/5/2015 6:20 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Boats are beautiful, but I don't want one blocking the
>>> view out my window. RVs, I'm sure someone somewhere thinks
>>> they're gorgeous but they are an eyesore and I don't want
>>> to see one in my neighbor's driveway. Or a tractor trailer.

>> None of those things bother me. But I have a neighbor who collects Opel
>> GTs in varying states of decay. That's an eyesore.

> If looking at that stuff every day doesn't bother you I'd say you live in
> the perfect neighborhood... for you.

It's not just this neighborhood. It's this area in general. People are
pretty laid back here and many are outdoorsy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave Smith" > wrote in message
> On 2015-07-06 5:10 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>> to see one in my neighbor's driveway. Or a tractor trailer.
>>>
>>> None of those things bother me. But I have a neighbor who collects Opel
>>> GTs in varying states of decay. That's an eyesore.

>> If looking at that stuff every day doesn't bother you I'd say you live
>> in the perfect neighborhood... for you.
>>

> Julie doesn't realize who easy it is to track down her address, do a
> virtual drive-by or an overhead view to see if any of her neighbours have
> a collection of cars of any type.

You go right ahead. You do that and you'll see them. They're on the street
that curves around this way from the Burger Master. See? I gave you even
more help! And no, I'm not going to post their address. But when you look
it up, if the pic is current, you'll see their addition they are building.
Google Earth is out of date though. I don't think they have my new roof on
there yet but at least they took down the Halloween pic where my house was
covered in spiders.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 06/07/2015 3:47 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2015-07-06 5:00 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>> Fining people for uncleared sidewalks is silly, because it doesn't get
>>> them cleared.
>>> Here in snow country, people have 48 hours to clear a sidewalk, and if
>>> they don't,
>>> the city does it and then sends the homeowner a bill.

>> Fining people for not shovelling their sidewalks may not get them
>> cleared in that storm, but chances are the homeowner will be more
>> diligent about it in the future. It is like photo radar. The person may
>> or may not realize that they got nailed at the time, but when the photo
>> radar ticket shows up at their door they get the message.
>>

> The Sun reported today that some guy had walked around his neighbourhood
> and reported every house where he saw an oxeye daisy (it's classified as a
> noxious weed) in the lawn.
> *SIXTY FIVE* households received a letter from the city!!
> Graham
> http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/05...r-wild-daisies

Good for him. EVERY law, ordinance, regulation, should be ENFORCED
COMPLETELY against ALL. However else will people wise up and get rid of all
these ridiculous laws, ordinances, and regulations that are currently
imposed willy nilly against a few poor unlucky schmucks and nobody else
cares because it isn't enforced against them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 5:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> On 7/6/2015 4:32 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
>>> because it offends you?

>> Swamp Cooler is *not* the proper name for it. It's slang. Sure, you
>> can Google and find a ton of listings for swamp coolers, but
>> technically it's an evaporative cooler. A true swamp cooler is a big
>> pan filled with ice with fan blowing across it to cool the room.

> Everyone I know uses that term. Say it and they know what you mean. Say
> "evaporative cooler" and you might get an odd look.

I'm not arguing what they should be called.

http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-i...mp-cooler4.htm

I just don't want Ophelia to get the idea we all live in swampy areas.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 5:54 PM, graham wrote:
> On 06/07/2015 3:47 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2015-07-06 5:00 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>> Fining people for uncleared sidewalks is silly, because it doesn't get
>>> them cleared.
>>> Here in snow country, people have 48 hours to clear a sidewalk, and if
>>> they don't,
>>> the city does it and then sends the homeowner a bill.

>> Fining people for not shovelling their sidewalks may not get them
>> cleared in that storm, but chances are the homeowner will be more
>> diligent about it in the future. It is like photo radar. The person may
>> or may not realize that they got nailed at the time, but when the photo
>> radar ticket shows up at their door they get the message.
>>

> The Sun reported today that some guy had walked around his neighbourhood
> and reported every house where he saw an oxeye daisy (it's classified as
> a noxious weed) in the lawn.
> *SIXTY FIVE* households received a letter from the city!!
> Graham
> http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/05...r-wild-daisies

Wow! That's even worse than where I live with HOA rules and regs. Daisies?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 06/07/2015 5:00 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/6/2015 5:54 PM, graham wrote:
>>>
>>> Fining people for not shovelling their sidewalks may not get them
>>> cleared in that storm, but chances are the homeowner will be more
>>> diligent about it in the future. It is like photo radar. The person may
>>> or may not realize that they got nailed at the time, but when the photo
>>> radar ticket shows up at their door they get the message.
>>>

>> The Sun reported today that some guy had walked around his neighbourhood
>> and reported every house where he saw an oxeye daisy (it's classified as
>> a noxious weed) in the lawn.
>> *SIXTY FIVE* households received a letter from the city!!
>> Graham
>> http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/05...r-wild-daisies
>>

> Wow! That's even worse than where I live with HOA rules and regs.
> Daisies?
>
> Jill

Apparently, cattle won't eat them and that allows them to multiply.
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/6/2015 5:47 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Swamp Cooler is *not* the proper name for it. It's slang. Sure, you
>>> can Google and find a ton of listings for swamp coolers, but
>>> technically it's an evaporative cooler. A true swamp cooler is a big
>>> pan filled with ice with fan blowing across it to cool the room.

>> Everyone I know uses that term. Say it and they know what you mean. Say
>> "evaporative cooler" and you might get an odd look.

> I'm not arguing what they should be called.
>
> http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-i...mp-cooler4.htm
>
> I just don't want Ophelia to get the idea we all live in swampy areas.

Well, it's not swampy here.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 4:20 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> On 7/6/2015 11:57 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Swamp cooler is a great name. The people that I know that actually have
>>> one call it a "swamp cooler." One lives in Arizona and the other is in
>>> Southern California. They work great! We don't have any on this rock
>>> though.
>>>
>>> I suggest that we call them "phase-change heat transfer units" because
>>> you can't ever go wrong by being technically accurate - or can you?
>>>

>> Well you didn't start out with an "and", so...

> I had a service guy come into the office this morning asking about the
> air conditioner. I gave him the complete run down including the
> temperature readings and a short history of the AC performance
> throughout the years. We concluded that the AC was shitty and needed to
> be replaced. Oh yeah.
>
> Currently, the temperature on my desktop is 79 degrees and rising. Oh crap!

That is the upper limit of comfortable - BOX fan time!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 4:26 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Dave Smith" > wrote in message
>> On 2015-07-06 5:10 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>> to see one in my neighbor's driveway. Or a tractor trailer.

>>> If looking at that stuff every day doesn't bother you I'd say you live
>>> in the perfect neighborhood... for you.
>>>

>> Julie doesn't realize who easy it is to track down her address, do a
>> virtual drive-by or an overhead view to see if any of her neighbours
>> have a collection of cars of any type.

> You go right ahead. You do that and you'll see them. They're on the
> street that curves around this way from the Burger Master. See? I gave
> you even more help! And no, I'm not going to post their address. But
> when you look it up, if the pic is current, you'll see their addition
> they are building. Google Earth is out of date though. I don't think
> they have my new roof on there yet but at least they took down the
> Halloween pic where my house was covered in spiders.

You non-react to overt hateful stalking with consummate aplomb.

Well done.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/07/2015 1:11 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Everyone I know uses that term. Say it and they know what you mean. Say
>>> "evaporative cooler" and you might get an odd look.

>> I'm not arguing what they should be called.
>>
>> http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-i...mp-cooler4.htm
>>

>> I just don't want Ophelia to get the idea we all live in swampy areas.

> Well, it's not swampy here.

I live on a ridge between two valleys. Definitely not swampy here! ;-)

Besides, best not to live on the low lying country in these parts.
Torrential downpours can lead to flooding!

--

Xeno
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 7/5/2015 5:24 PM, wrote:
>>> On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:14:49 -0500, DreadfulBitch

>>> I'd describe evaporative coolers as 'nasty' too. They're only just
>>> okay in a dry climate, but absolutely useless if there's any
>>> appreciable amount of humidity.
>>>

>> But for me, at least, 'evaporative coolers' doesn't bring to mind the
>> nasty, smelly images of a swamp. Perhaps Hawkeye's and Trapper's...

> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
> because it offends you?
>
> Perhaps you would print a list of things she is allowed to say .... to
> keep your sensibilities happy of course ...
>
> Hell she has been attacked for all kinds of things but never for calling
> something by its proper name. You get the gold star for this one!!!
>
> Do share, is there even one little thing that she can do right???

Look up bully, and see how many there are here. There are actually posters
here that say she has mental problems, and yet they keep jabbing. What does
that say about them? Personally, I have known Julie for years, she's not a
troll, or any of the things that people say about her, she's just a poster
that some of them have decided to dog pile at every turn, so good for them,
bunch of asswipes that they are. Do they even know how small that makes them
look? Probably not, so carry on.

Julie and I have had plenty of skirmishes through the years, but I have
never singled her out for continued abuse, nor has she singled me out,
unlike some of these *mean little people* that jump on her every post, and
that ****es me off. It really does, so I can be just as mean as these bunch
of shitheads too. OB food...bite the bone!!!

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"dsi1" > wrote in message
> On 7/5/2015 10:32 PM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> But for me, at least, 'evaporative coolers' doesn't bring to mind the
>>> nasty, smelly images of a swamp. Perhaps Hawkeye's and Trapper's...

>> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
>> because it offends you?
>>
>> Perhaps you would print a list of things she is allowed to say .... to
>> keep your sensibilities happy of course ...
>>
>> Hell she has been attacked for all kinds of things but never for calling
>> something by its proper name. You get the gold star for this one!!!
>>
>> Do share, is there even one little thing that she can do right???
>>

> Swamp cooler is a great name. The people that I know that actually have
> one call it a "swamp cooler." One lives in Arizona and the other is in
> Southern California. They work great! We don't have any on this rock
> though.
>
> I suggest that we call them "phase-change heat transfer units" because you
> can't ever go wrong by being technically accurate - or can you?

I guess that would depend on who says it ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "sf" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 14:39:09 -0500, DreadfulBitch
>> > wrote:

>>> I truly don't understand why you're confused. I wrote "by another of
>>> its names." i have no clue if there is a 'proper name' for that
>>> appliance (I'd never heard of a 'swamp cooler' under I read one of
>>> Julie's posts), but I simply expressed my opinion that that name brings
>>> to mind a not so nice hot & steamy swamp.
>>>
>>> It makes me wonder what the house might look like if it's got a swamp
>>> cooler in it.

>> It will look like what Jill described: a fan set behind a pan of ice.

> Uh, no. The new one just arrived. I will put up a pic.
>
> http://www.wayfair.com/Culer-Double-...-AUMT1004.html
>
> This one doesn't have as much capacity as the old one but it is better in
> that I can make it put out more mist at once and it takes up far less
> floor space so will be easier to store.

Ooeeer it looks like an alien )

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"graham" > wrote in message
> On 06/07/2015 3:47 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2015-07-06 5:00 PM, Nancy2 wrote:
>>> Fining people for uncleared sidewalks is silly, because it doesn't get
>>> them cleared.
>>> Here in snow country, people have 48 hours to clear a sidewalk, and if
>>> they don't,
>>> the city does it and then sends the homeowner a bill.

>> Fining people for not shovelling their sidewalks may not get them
>> cleared in that storm, but chances are the homeowner will be more
>> diligent about it in the future. It is like photo radar. The person may
>> or may not realize that they got nailed at the time, but when the photo
>> radar ticket shows up at their door they get the message.
>>

> The Sun reported today that some guy had walked around his neighbourhood
> and reported every house where he saw an oxeye daisy (it's classified as a
> noxious weed) in the lawn.
> *SIXTY FIVE* households received a letter from the city!!
> Graham
> http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/07/05...r-wild-daisies

I think they are lovely. The verges at the sides of our roads have a lot of
them. I notice they are not mowing wild flowers now and I love it. We also
have buttercups and regular daisies too as well as a pretty lilac flower.
They mow them later to tidy up when they are done.

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> But for me, at least, 'evaporative coolers' doesn't bring to mind the
>>> nasty, smelly images of a swamp. Perhaps Hawkeye's and Trapper's...

>> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
>> because it offends you?
>>
>> Perhaps you would print a list of things she is allowed to say .... to
>> keep your sensibilities happy of course ...
>>
>> Hell she has been attacked for all kinds of things but never for calling
>> something by its proper name. You get the gold star for this one!!!
>>
>> Do share, is there even one little thing that she can do right???

> Look up bully, and see how many there are here. There are actually posters
> here that say she has mental problems, and yet they keep jabbing. What
> does that say about them? Personally, I have known Julie for years, she's
> not a troll, or any of the things that people say about her, she's just a
> poster that some of them have decided to dog pile at every turn, so good
> for them, bunch of asswipes that they are. Do they even know how small
> that makes them look? Probably not, so carry on.
>
> Julie and I have had plenty of skirmishes through the years, but I have
> never singled her out for continued abuse, nor has she singled me out,
> unlike some of these *mean little people* that jump on her every post, and
> that ****es me off. It really does, so I can be just as mean as these
> bunch of shitheads too. OB food...bite the bone!!!

Very Well Said, but I doubt they will ever accept it. I believe they are so
bullied and repressed themselves in real life their only outlet is to bully
people here ... behind a screen ... So brave don't you think?

I guess someone now knows that I can be mean too because, unusually for me,
you must admit, I really went off on one! The superior attitude and lies
just got to me. Perhaps I ought to start a new thread all about how I have
just kf'd someone ... what do you think? Ok, childish I know, but you can't
blame me for considering it I might learn to be properly mean and let's
see how well that goes down. I might have to work at it but I am a fast
learner. Hell I have plenty of experts here to learn from!

Anyway, I don't give a shit. I know myself and at least I have self
respect, unlike some others here who are beneath contempt and need to take a
long, hard look at themselves. OB food ... chew on that!!!

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ophelia wrote:

> "Julie Bove" wrote:
> > Uh, no. The new one just arrived. I will put up a pic.
> >
> > http://www.wayfair.com/Culer-Double-...-AUMT1004.html
> >
> > This one doesn't have as much capacity as the old one but it is better in
> > that I can make it put out more mist at once and it takes up far less
> > floor space so will be easier to store.

> Ooeeer it looks like an alien )

Julie,
Does this one require ice? How does it work now that you have it? Is
it giving you total relief or just somewhat?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "sf" > wrote in message
>>> On Mon, 06 Jul 2015 14:39:09 -0500, DreadfulBitch

>>> It will look like what Jill described: a fan set behind a pan of ice.

>> Uh, no. The new one just arrived. I will put up a pic.
>>
>> http://www.wayfair.com/Culer-Double-...-AUMT1004.html
>>
>> This one doesn't have as much capacity as the old one but it is better in
>> that I can make it put out more mist at once and it takes up far less
>> floor space so will be easier to store.

> Ooeeer it looks like an alien )

Yeah but it's finally cool in here. Had to shut it off. Outside temp is
down so humidity is up around 70%. Weird, how that works here. I gather
other places are not the same.

Fwd: OT Fine for AC sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 14-11-2015 05:52 AM
fine pulp Mark[_22_] Winemaking 3 30-11-2008 04:00 PM
Chill then Fine, or Fine then Chill - All in a Corny? [email protected] Winemaking 5 12-05-2006 04:26 AM
A fine Wine for a fine dinner Thurston Howell III Wine 2 13-03-2005 09:09 PM