Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT Fine for AC

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> On 7/5/2015 12:55 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> Ed Pawlowski wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>>> http://smile.amazon.com/Whynter-Dual...r-ARC-14S/dp/B
>>> 0028AYQDC/ref=sr_1_6?s=appliances&ie=UTF8&qid=1436058667&sr= 1-6&keywor
>>> ds=portable+air+conditioner

>> You had to hunt long and hard to find that one!
>>
>> It's abnormal and you know it.
>>
>> Mine came in 5 days.
>>

> Yeah, took about 10 seconds on Amazon.
>
> You asked, you got. Yes, there are plenty of other options it you want
> something now.

There are but in the case of what I wanted, not available immediately so I
went elsewhere.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:14:49 -0500, DreadfulBitch
> wrote:

> On 7/5/2015 2:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
> > I wound up buying the swamp
> > cooler elsewhere.

> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names, like
> evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that are
> nasty. Just my $.02.

I know what you mean... swamp and cool don't belong in the same
sentence.

--

sf

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> Reminds me of a guy I once worked with, he was always watching
> everyone, making sure they clocked out, reporting to the boss.
> I came to find out he got snagged coming in to work on the
> weekends to play checkers or something with some other employee
> and putting in for overtime.
>
> Getting caught turns them into vengeful little hall monitors.
>
> nancy

Yes, there usually seems to be at least one "reporter" in most workplaces,
neighborhoods etc.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 7/5/2015 3:33 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Unless it affects me, personally, I know it's not my job
>>> to drive around looking for code violations.
>>>
>>> I also don't patrol parking lots for expired inspection
>>> stickers or overly tinted windows. etc.

>> so you wouldn't report a rapist, unless he raped you?

> Seriously? Just even comparing that to someone's fence
> height being too tall is nauseating.
>
> nancy

It is the typical strawman, how far behind can *Nazi* be? :-)

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> That's us. Husband has allergies/asthma. Keeping the allergens
>>> out and the humidity down helps him a lot.
>>>
>>> I've become a total wuss about the heat. Air-conditioned house,
>>> car, and office. I never get used to the heat anymore.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton

>> Yes, people with breathing issues have a hard time with heat.

> Yes and also with cold. I have the same problems as Cindy's husband.

Yes, definitely the cold too, but it's worse for me with the heat, probably
because it doesn't get cold here very often.

Cheri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Yes, people with breathing issues have a hard time with heat.

>> Yes and also with cold. I have the same problems as Cindy's husband.

> Yes, definitely the cold too, but it's worse for me with the heat,
> probably because it doesn't get cold here very often.

I don't like either extreme but at least you can put on more layers when it
is cold. Not much you can do when it's hot.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
> On 7/5/2015 2:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I wound up buying the swamp
>> cooler elsewhere.

> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names, like
> evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that are nasty.
> Just my $.02.

I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cheri" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> Yes, people with breathing issues have a hard time with heat.

>> Yes and also with cold. I have the same problems as Cindy's husband.

> Yes, definitely the cold too, but it's worse for me with the heat,
> probably because it doesn't get cold here very often.

Good point We get plenty of that ...

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 7/5/2015 2:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I wound up buying the swamp
>>> cooler elsewhere.

>> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names, like
>> evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that are nasty.
>> Just my $.02.

> I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?

If you buy one, the name on the box will likely be "Evaporative Cooler".
But they are well known by that name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporative_cooler

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ophelia" > wrote in message

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 7/5/2015 5:24 PM, wrote:
>>> On Sun, 05 Jul 2015 17:14:49 -0500, DreadfulBitch

>>> I'd describe evaporative coolers as 'nasty' too. They're only just
>>> okay in a dry climate, but absolutely useless if there's any
>>> appreciable amount of humidity.
>>>

>> But for me, at least, 'evaporative coolers' doesn't bring to mind the
>> nasty, smelly images of a swamp. Perhaps Hawkeye's and Trapper's...

> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
> because it offends you?
>
> Perhaps you would print a list of things she is allowed to say .... to
> keep your sensibilities happy of course ...
>
> Hell she has been attacked for all kinds of things but never for calling
> something by its proper name. You get the gold star for this one!!!
>
> Do share, is there even one little thing that she can do right???

Yep. I am not allowed to say that I dislike something. I verbally abuse
people. I don't know how to speak English properly and I need to change. I
have to make all of these changes for the people here. I just think not!
Don't like me? Kill file me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names, like
>>> evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that are
>>> nasty. Just my $.02.

>> I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?

> If you buy one, the name on the box will likely be "Evaporative Cooler".
> But they are well known by that name.
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evaporative_cooler

*shrug* who cares. It is what you call it as you are perfectly entitled ..

--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Shel, my home insurance paid $500 towards the cost of removing a lightning-
struck tree in my yard. That was all the company charged me as a matter of
fact. It was a tulip tree, tallest, biggest tree on the block, which is why the lightning
found it, I suppose. I have two, and I love how fast they grow, and how big they get.

N.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" wrote

> They should plow the streets as a basic city service, are you
> saying

they plow driveways?

Every drunken wino in San Fran has plowed your dirty driveway.
Some people will do anything for a gallon of Gallo.
EEEEeeeeeeeeeew.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Acme Bully Control > wrote in
:

>>> A Confederate flag in Canada? That's just weird.

>> That just shows the extent of US penetration with media

> Suuuuure...always blame someone else, typical damned
> unaccountable Canucklehead!

Yanqui *******o, denying the obvious. Ju got a long hway
to go before ju can say "Pot...kettle". Jes?

--

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice,
you have chosen the side of the oppressor " --
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 5, 2015 at 1:08:34 PM UTC-5, sf wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Jul 2015 09:58:43 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> > wrote:
> > In Ann Arbor (and I'm glad I actually live just outside of town)
> > if you don't mow your lawn, the city will come around and mow
> > it, and bill you. Mind you, the weeds have to be pretty tall
> > and I think your neighbors have to rat you out before the city
> > pays attention.

> I think all cities do that - it's for fire prevention.
> > Same with snow removal.

> They should plow the streets as a basic city service, are you saying
> they plow driveways?
> --
> sf

I imagine she's talking about sidewalks. Here in KC you are required to
remove the snow from the sidewalk in front of your house. You can be fined
if you don't (although someone probably has to complain before they
come out and verify.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 1:43 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Yes and also with cold. I have the same problems as Cindy's husband.

>> Yes, definitely the cold too, but it's worse for me with the heat,
>> probably because it doesn't get cold here very often.

> I don't like either extreme but at least you can put on more layers when
> it is cold. Not much you can do when it's hot.

Sure there is, take it ALL off!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 3:02 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Ophelia" > wrote in message

>>> But for me, at least, 'evaporative coolers' doesn't bring to mind the
>>> nasty, smelly images of a swamp. Perhaps Hawkeye's and Trapper's...

>> I see so she is not allowed to call something by its proper name now
>> because it offends you?
>>
>> Perhaps you would print a list of things she is allowed to say .... to
>> keep your sensibilities happy of course ...
>>
>> Hell she has been attacked for all kinds of things but never for
>> calling something by its proper name. You get the gold star for this
>> one!!!
>>
>> Do share, is there even one little thing that she can do right???

> Yep. I am not allowed to say that I dislike something. I verbally
> abuse people. I don't know how to speak English properly and I need to
> change. I have to make all of these changes for the people here. I
> just think not! Don't like me? Kill file me!

+1!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 7:49 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

> "sf" wrote
>
>> They should plow the streets as a basic city service, are you saying

> they plow driveways?
>
> Every drunken wino in San Fran has plowed your dirty driveway. Some
> people will do anything for a gallon of Gallo. EEEEeeeeeeeeeew.

Jethro Bodine FRAUD!

Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V16.4.3528.331
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 8:34 AM, Michel Boucher wrote:
> Acme Bully Control > wrote in
> :

>>> That just shows the extent of US penetration with media

>> Suuuuure...always blame someone else, typical damned
>> unaccountable Canucklehead!

> Yanqui *******o,

Canuckleheaded sot!

> denying the obvious.

Blaming the media which isn't even your own?

It is to laugh!

YOU MISERABLE RAT ******* FRENCHY!

**** OFF AND die!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2015-07-05, DreadfulBitch > wrote:

> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names, like
> evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that are
> nasty. Just my $.02.

If you ever experienced an early evap cooler, you'd realize the term
"swamp" is quite apropos.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 1:26 PM, Acme Bully Control wrote:
> On 7/6/2015 10:23 AM, Acme Bully Control wrote:

>>> Let me guess... you're on the board of an HOA and love to hassle people
>>> with trivial, sanctimonious shit, because it gives you another
>>> opportunity to be a self righteous asshole.

>> Bodine fraud!
>> Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V16.4.3528.331
>>

> Another fraud
> From: Acme Bully Control >
> Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
> logging-data="26569"; "
>
> "Last of the Independents"
>
> "Reliable Casa control 24/7"
>
> Call 1-666-GO2-HELL"
>

> ,--.--._
> ------" _, \___)__
> || / _/____) BAM!
> || \//(____)
> ------\ (__)
> `-----"

Bodine fraud!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

From: Acme Bully Control >
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
logging-data="26569"; "

"Last of the Independents"

"Reliable Casa control 24/7"

Call 1-666-GO2-HELL"

,--.--._
------" _, \___)__
|| / _/____) BAM!
|| \//(____)
------\ (__)
`-----"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "DreadfulBitch" > wrote in message
>> On 7/5/2015 2:12 AM, Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I wound up buying the swamp
>>> cooler elsewhere.

>> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names,
>> like evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that
>> are nasty. Just my $.02.

> I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?

I truly don't understand why you're confused. I wrote "by another of
its names." i have no clue if there is a 'proper name' for that
appliance (I'd never heard of a 'swamp cooler' under I read one of
Julie's posts), but I simply expressed my opinion that that name brings
to mind a not so nice hot & steamy swamp.

It makes me wonder what the house might look like if it's got a swamp
cooler in it.

--
DreadfulBitch

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2015-07-05, DreadfulBitch > wrote:
>
>> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names, like
>> evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that are
>> nasty. Just my $.02.

> If you ever experienced an early evap cooler, you'd realize the term
> "swamp" is quite apropos.

Why?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 1:39 PM, DreadfulBitch wrote:
> On 7/6/2015 3:26 AM, Ophelia wrote:

>>> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names,
>>> like evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that
>>> are nasty. Just my $.02.

>> I am confused here. Are you saying that is not its proper name?
>>

> I truly don't understand why you're confused. I wrote "by another of
> its names." i have no clue if there is a 'proper name' for that
> appliance (I'd never heard of a 'swamp cooler' under I read one of
> Julie's posts), but I simply expressed my opinion that that name brings
> to mind a not so nice hot & steamy swamp.
>
> It makes me wonder what the house might look like if it's got a swamp
> cooler in it.

Like a hot and steamy swamp, duh!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Water Main Break (WAS: OT Fine for AC)

On 7/5/2015 6:18 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message

>>> Again... Why not? What happens when they see them? We have RVs and
>>> boats up and down my street. Nobody has a problem with them.

>> It looks trashy. They're an eyesore.

> No it doesn't, and I don't think so. Sheesh. Don't come to Washington
> then!

The only reason I'd go to Washington would be to visit my cousin. He
doesn't live anywhere near Bothell.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2015 3:40 PM, Nancy Young wrote:
> On 7/5/2015 3:33 PM, taxed and spent wrote:
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> Unless it affects me, personally, I know it's not my job
>>> to drive around looking for code violations.
>>>
>>> I also don't patrol parking lots for expired inspection
>>> stickers or overly tinted windows. etc.

>> so you wouldn't report a rapist, unless he raped you?

> Seriously? Just even comparing that to someone's fence
> height being too tall is nauseating.
>
> nancy

How the hell would you know if someone is a rapist (unless they
attempted it)? They don't walk around with the word "rapist" tattooed
on their foreheads.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2015 6:33 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/5/2015 6:18 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> It looks trashy. They're an eyesore.

>> No it doesn't, and I don't think so. Sheesh. Don't come to Washington
>> then!

> The only reason I'd go to Washington would be to visit my cousin. He
> doesn't live anywhere near Bothell.
>
> Jill

What sane person would want to???????????
____.-.____
[__Casa__]
[___Julie Bove___]
(d|||TROLL|||b)
`|||TRASH|||`
`"""""""""'
\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/7/2015 5:42 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "notbob" > wrote in message
>> On 2015-07-05, DreadfulBitch > wrote:
>>
>>> I wish you'd refer to that cooling device by another of its names, like
>>> evaporative cooler. "Swamp cooler" brings images to mind that are
>>> nasty. Just my $.02.

>> If you ever experienced an early evap cooler, you'd realize the term
>> "swamp" is quite apropos.

> Why?

Are you THAT dumb? I mean Really?????
____.-.____
[__Casa__]
[___Julie Bove___]
(d|||TROLL|||b)
`|||TRASH|||`
`"""""""""'
\\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Fining people for uncleared sidewalks is silly, because it doesn't get them cleared.
Here in snow country, people have 48 hours to clear a sidewalk, and if they don't,
the city does it and then sends the homeowner a bill.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 2:49 PM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> On 7/7/2015 6:33 AM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> No it doesn't, and I don't think so. Sheesh. Don't come to Washington
>>> then!

>> The only reason I'd go to Washington would be to visit my cousin. He
>> doesn't live anywhere near Bothell.
>>
>> Jill

> What sane person would want to???????????
> ____.-.____
> [__Casa__]
> [___Julie Bove___]
> (d|||TROLL|||b)
> `|||TRASH|||`
> `"""""""""'
> \\~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~//

FRAUD

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/5/2015 6:20 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> "Nancy Young" <replyto@inemail> wrote in message
>> On 7/5/2015 11:27 AM, taxed and spent wrote:
>>> "jmcquown" > wrote

>>> If everyone has them, it is not such a big deal. If only one has one
>>> , it
>>> stick out.

>> Boats are beautiful, but I don't want one blocking the
>> view out my window. RVs, I'm sure someone somewhere thinks
>> they're gorgeous but they are an eyesore and I don't want
>> to see one in my neighbor's driveway. Or a tractor trailer.

> None of those things bother me. But I have a neighbor who collects Opel
> GTs in varying states of decay. That's an eyesore.

If looking at that stuff every day doesn't bother you I'd say you live
in the perfect neighborhood... for you.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/6/2015 2:56 PM, Troll Disposal Service wrote:
> On 7/7/2015 5:42 AM, Julie Bove wrote:

>>> If you ever experienced an early evap cooler, you'd realize the term
>>> "swamp" is quite apropos.

>> Why?

> Are you THAT dumb? I mean Really?????
> ____.-.____
> [__Casa__]
> [___Julie Bove___]
> (d|||TROLL|||b)
> `|||TRASH|||`

FRAUD

Fwd: OT Fine for AC sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 14-11-2015 06:52 AM
fine pulp Mark[_22_] Winemaking 3 30-11-2008 05:00 PM
Chill then Fine, or Fine then Chill - All in a Corny? [email protected] Winemaking 5 12-05-2006 04:26 AM
A fine Wine for a fine dinner Thurston Howell III Wine 2 13-03-2005 10:09 PM