Old 11-11-2009, 02:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Mouths of Babes

As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Old 11-11-2009, 03:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

ROFLMAO! Hhehehe - this story brought me a lot of giggles - thanks for
sharing!

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Old 11-11-2009, 03:55 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Miserable brat, indeed. Little ingrate! ROTFL!!! Woof!!

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Smart kid! She can come to our dog-ladies annual dog-related food
party..... We've had stews deliberately made to match el-cheapo canned
dog food labels, and a great chocolate spread for gingersnaps that was
piped onto the platter to look like... you guessed it! Even had some
gummy-worms poked into it.... Yeh, we're shock-proof and
"ew.....gross"-proof.....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Old 11-11-2009, 04:22 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to
fall (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy
we do twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows
like Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter,
who served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It
tastes really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat.
We're keeping her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little
monster more dogfood.

Miserable brat, indeed. Little ingrate! ROTFL!!! Woof!!

Maybe they feed their dog really well, with homemade beef stew.

Or not. Heh.

nancy

Old 11-11-2009, 07:39 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

LOL! Love the lack of tact!

Old 11-11-2009, 07:51 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 9:40*pm, Sky wrote:
Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

ROFLMAO! *Hhehehe - this story brought me a lot of giggles - thanks for
sharing!

One of my friends had a tagline on her MySpace that read:
"The face of a child can say it all -- especially the mouth part of
the face."

Sky

--Bryan
Old 11-11-2009, 03:30 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Reminds me of my Stroganoff that looked like barf....

--
Jean B.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:59 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was making
for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like something
that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just precious, aren't
they?

Becca
Old 11-11-2009, 05:45 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to
fall (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy
we do twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows
like Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter,
who served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It
tastes really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat.
We're keeping her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little
monster more dogfood.

When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was
making for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like
something that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just
precious, aren't they?

That's hilarious, is he an imaginative/creative person? How'd he come up
with that, you wonder.

nancy

Old 11-11-2009, 09:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" wrote in message
As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

ALPO...

LOL

--
Dimitri

Mirepoix

http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:31 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
Becca wrote:
Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to
fall (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy
we do twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows
like Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter,
who served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It
tastes really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat.
We're keeping her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little
monster more dogfood.

When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was
making for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like
something that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just
precious, aren't they?

That's hilarious, is he an imaginative/creative person? How'd he come
up with that, you wonder.
nancy

He either saw an ox in a book or on a nature program on television. He
was a picky eater, but he has improved over the years.

Becca
Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Heehee, Terry...maybe you should rent some W. C. Fields movies with Baby
LeRoy to amuse the lil' sprite..._It's A Gift_ would be a *great* start.

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Old 12-11-2009, 02:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Castleberry ( something like that) canned beef stew. It looks like
food, but tastes like dogfood. Feed her that.

My thought on kids is that cute and clever is good; thinking they can
tell an adult what to do - no.

Bulka

..
Old 12-11-2009, 03:10 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote in message
Becca wrote:

When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was
making for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like
something that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just
precious, aren't they?

That's hilarious, is he an imaginative/creative person? How'd he come up
with that, you wonder.
nancy

Depending on the time frame, he may have heard it on TV. First time I
remember hearing it, it was a line used by Jack Elam to describe an oyster
on the halfshell.

I believe the series was _Down and Out in Beverly Hills_. Jack and a buddy
were homeless guys, and ended up living with his buddy's family in BH. One
night they served the oysters. Buddy asked what that was. Jack's reply:
Looks like someting that fell out of an ox's nose.

I laughed like hell!! And still went out for my usual dozen that weekend.

Boli