Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Mouths of Babes

As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
(for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sky Sky is offline

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>
> --
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
> old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
> waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."
>
> - Duncan Hines
>
> To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

ROFLMAO! Hhehehe - this story brought me a lot of giggles - thanks for
sharing!

Sky

Ultimate Kitchen Rule -- Cook's Choice!!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:

> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>
> --
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
> old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
> waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."
>
> - Duncan Hines
>
> To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Miserable brat, indeed. Little ingrate! ROTFL!!! Woof!!

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller - Who Said Chickens Have Fingers?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Smart kid! She can come to our dog-ladies annual dog-related food
party..... We've had stews deliberately made to match el-cheapo canned
dog food labels, and a great chocolate spread for gingersnaps that was
piped onto the platter to look like... you guessed it! Even had some
gummy-worms poked into it.... Yeh, we're shock-proof and
"ew.....gross"-proof.....

Jo Wolf
Martinez, Georgia

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
>
>> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to
>> fall (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy
>> we do twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows
>> like Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter,
>> who served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It
>> tastes really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat.
>> We're keeping her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little
>> monster more dogfood.

> Miserable brat, indeed. Little ingrate! ROTFL!!! Woof!!

Maybe they feed their dog really well, with homemade beef stew.

Or not. Heh.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

LOL! Love the lack of tact!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 9:40*pm, Sky > wrote:
> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>
> > As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> > (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> > twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> > Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> > served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> > really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> > her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

> > Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

> > --

> > "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
> > old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
> > waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."

> > - Duncan Hines

> > To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

> ROFLMAO! *Hhehehe - this story brought me a lot of giggles - thanks for
> sharing!

One of my friends had a tagline on her MySpace that read:
"The face of a child can say it all -- especially the mouth part of
the face."

> Sky

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Reminds me of my Stroganoff that looked like barf....

--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was making
for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like something
that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just precious, aren't
they?

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to
>> fall (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy
>> we do twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows
>> like Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter,
>> who served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It
>> tastes really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat.
>> We're keeping her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little
>> monster more dogfood.

> When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was
> making for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like
> something that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just
> precious, aren't they?

That's hilarious, is he an imaginative/creative person? How'd he come up
with that, you wonder.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>
> --
>
> "If the soup had been as hot as the claret, if the claret had been as
> old as the bird, and if the bird's breasts had been as full as the
> waitress's, it would have been a very good dinner."
>
> - Duncan Hines
>
> To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

ALPO...

LOL

--
Dimitri

Mirepoix

http://kitchenguide.wordpress.com.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> Becca wrote:
>> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>>> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to
>>> fall (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy
>>> we do twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows
>>> like Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter,
>>> who served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It
>>> tastes really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat.
>>> We're keeping her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little
>>> monster more dogfood.

>> When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was
>> making for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like
>> something that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just
>> precious, aren't they?

> That's hilarious, is he an imaginative/creative person? How'd he come
> up with that, you wonder.
> nancy

He either saw an ox in a book or on a nature program on television. He
was a picky eater, but he has improved over the years.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.

Heehee, Terry...maybe you should rent some W. C. Fields movies with Baby
LeRoy to amuse the lil' sprite..._It's A Gift_ would be a *great* start.

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Castleberry ( something like that) canned beef stew. It looks like
food, but tastes like dogfood. Feed her that.

My thought on kids is that cute and clever is good; thinking they can
tell an adult what to do - no.

Bulka

..
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Becca wrote:
>
>> When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was
>> making for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like
>> something that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just
>> precious, aren't they?

> That's hilarious, is he an imaginative/creative person? How'd he come up
> with that, you wonder.
> nancy

Depending on the time frame, he may have heard it on TV. First time I
remember hearing it, it was a line used by Jack Elam to describe an oyster
on the halfshell.

I believe the series was _Down and Out in Beverly Hills_. Jack and a buddy
were homeless guys, and ended up living with his buddy's family in BH. One
night they served the oysters. Buddy asked what that was. Jack's reply:
Looks like someting that fell out of an ox's nose.

I laughed like hell!! And still went out for my usual dozen that weekend.

Boli

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bolivar wrote:
> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> Becca wrote:
>>
>>> When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was
>>> making for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like
>>> something that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just
>>> precious, aren't they?

>> That's hilarious, is he an imaginative/creative person? How'd he
>> come up with that, you wonder.

> Depending on the time frame, he may have heard it on TV. First time I
> remember hearing it, it was a line used by Jack Elam to describe an
> oyster on the halfshell.
>
> I believe the series was _Down and Out in Beverly Hills_. Jack and a
> buddy were homeless guys, and ended up living with his buddy's family
> in BH. One night they served the oysters. Buddy asked what that was.
> Jack's reply: Looks like someting that fell out of an ox's nose.
>
> I laughed like hell!! And still went out for my usual dozen that
> weekend.

(laugh!) That would explain how a 5 year old would come up with
something like that. Glad you enjoyed that plate of bison boogers.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 10, 8:52*pm, Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote:
> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Hee hee! At least she ate it and liked it. My mother used to make Veal
Provensal and it looked too much like vomit or something else gross
that I woulds not eat it! And years later, I discovered it was YUMMY!

John Kuthe...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:30:19 -0500, "Jean B." > fired up
random neurons and synapses to opine:

>Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
>> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
>> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
>> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
>> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
>> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
>> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>>
>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>>

>Reminds me of my Stroganoff that looked like barf....

Everybody's stroganoff looks like someone already ate it - helps if
you eat it in the dark.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:27:52 -0600, "Gregory Morrow"
> fired up random neurons and synapses to
opine:

>Heehee, Terry...maybe you should rent some W. C. Fields movies with Baby
>LeRoy to amuse the lil' sprite..._It's A Gift_ would be a *great* start.

Now *there's* an idea with legs!!! Jeez, I haven't thought of that in
a zillion years - and, although I'm watching the little brat tonight,
I doubt it's on pay per view ;->

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

--

"Some weasel took the cork out of my lunch!"

-- W.C. Fields

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:05:41 -0800 (PST), bulka
> wrote:

>Castleberry ( something like that) canned beef stew. It looks like
>food, but tastes like dogfood. Feed her that.

Why? She ate it.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:30:19 -0500, "Jean B." > fired up
> random neurons and synapses to opine:
>> Reminds me of my Stroganoff that looked like barf....

> Everybody's stroganoff looks like someone already ate it - helps if
> you eat it in the dark.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Too bad my then-teenaged self didn't think of that!
--
Jean B.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 16:27:52 -0600, Gregory Morrow wrote:

> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>
>> As I posted last week, I made a pot of beef ragout as a salute to fall
>> (for the record: I hate this on and off Daylight Savings idiocy we do
>> twice a year). I made such a huge batch - damned thing grows like
>> Topsy - that I gave a good sized container to my stepdaughter, who
>> served it last night. Quoteth the 6 year old granddaughter, "It tastes
>> really good, but it looks like dogfood." Miserable brat. We're keeping
>> her overnight tomorrow and I may feed the little monster more dogfood.
>>

> Heehee, Terry...maybe you should rent some W. C. Fields movies with Baby
> LeRoy to amuse the lil' sprite..._It's A Gift_ would be a *great* start.
>
> :-)

where are my kumquats?!?

great flick. don't know if the kids would stand for the pace, though, or
the lack of explosions.

your pal,
carl lafong (capital l, small a, capital f, small o...)