Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Out of the mouths of babes, Part 2

Took some carrots out of the fridge.... My 3 y/o asked: "What are you
doing?" I said: "I am gonna peel some carrots to go with our roast". She
looked and me and said: "You don't "peel" them - you scrape them!". Too
much BBC Food, methinks
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy - still laughing
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy said...

> Took some carrots out of the fridge.... My 3 y/o asked: "What are you
> doing?" I said: "I am gonna peel some carrots to go with our roast". She
> looked and me and said: "You don't "peel" them - you scrape them!". Too
> much BBC Food, methinks

"The kid's gonna be far out!!!"

--John Sebastian, announcing the first festival birth at Woodstock.
August, 1969
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Chatty Cathy said...
>
>> Took some carrots out of the fridge.... My 3 y/o asked: "What are you
>> doing?" I said: "I am gonna peel some carrots to go with our roast". She
>> looked and me and said: "You don't "peel" them - you scrape them!". Too
>> much BBC Food, methinks

> "The kid's gonna be far out!!!"
>
> --John Sebastian, announcing the first festival birth at Woodstock.
> August, 1969

LOL. She is showing all the "foodie" signs

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>> Chatty Cathy said...
>>
>>> Took some carrots out of the fridge.... My 3 y/o asked: "What are you
>>> doing?" I said: "I am gonna peel some carrots to go with our roast". She
>>> looked and me and said: "You don't "peel" them - you scrape them!". Too
>>> much BBC Food, methinks

>> "The kid's gonna be far out!!!"
>>
>> --John Sebastian, announcing the first festival birth at Woodstock.
>> August, 1969

> LOL. She is showing all the "foodie" signs
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Just wait. If she is really 'interested', she will get training in the
culinary field, then come home, not lift a finger, but complain about how
your 'technique' isn't just quite right. Been there, done that, tempted to
kill 23 year old FBS......CAN cook, but prefers to complain......so he's
been put on a diet.....you don't like it, two choices eat it and shut up or
starve, since he doesn't want to cook.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 8:43 am, Chatty Cathy > wrote:
> Took some carrots out of the fridge.... My 3 y/o asked: "What are you
> doing?" I said: "I am gonna peel some carrots to go with our roast". She
> looked and me and said: "You don't "peel" them - you scrape them!". Too
> much BBC Food, methinks
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy - still laughing

Heh! I once worked with a woman who had a 7-8 year-old son who decided
one morning that he wanted to make his own breakfast toast, in the
oven, the way she did. As soon as he decided it was ready, he took it
to the sink and began to scrape it. His mom said, "Why are you doing
that, it's perfect!" He said, "But Mom, that's what you always do."

David

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:

> Just wait. If she is really 'interested', she will get training in the
> culinary field, then come home, not lift a finger, but complain about how
> your 'technique' isn't just quite right. Been there, done that, tempted to
> kill 23 year old FBS......CAN cook, but prefers to complain......so he's
> been put on a diet.....you don't like it, two choices eat it and shut up or
> starve, since he doesn't want to cook.

Well, thanks for bursting my bubble
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

dtwright37 wrote:

> Heh! I once worked with a woman who had a 7-8 year-old son who decided
> one morning that he wanted to make his own breakfast toast, in the
> oven, the way she did. As soon as he decided it was ready, he took it
> to the sink and began to scrape it. His mom said, "Why are you doing
> that, it's perfect!" He said, "But Mom, that's what you always do."

LOL.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 12:08 pm, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:
> "Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message

> > Andy wrote:
> >> Chatty Cathy said...

> >> "The kid's gonna be far out!!!"

> >> --John Sebastian, announcing the first festival birth at Woodstock.
> >> August, 1969

> > LOL. She is showing all the "foodie" signs

> > --
> > Cheers
> > Chatty Cathy

> Just wait. If she is really 'interested', she will get training in the
> culinary field, then come home, not lift a finger, but complain about how
> your 'technique' isn't just quite right. Been there, done that, tempted to
> kill 23 year old FBS......CAN cook, but prefers to complain......so he's
> been put on a diet.....you don't like it, two choices eat it and shut up or
> starve, since he doesn't want to cook.
> -ginny

true enough

complainers are a pain the neck

makes you want to add a little surprise to his next meal?

feed him a can of dog food. it doesn't smell very bad at all...
this way.. he WILL eat it.. tell him it's a new dish you made.

and never tell a soul. cept for us...
take pics with his mouth full

Posted to rec.food.cooking

dtwright37 wrote:
> On Apr 27, 8:43 am, Chatty Cathy > wrote:
>> Took some carrots out of the fridge.... My 3 y/o asked: "What are you
>> doing?" I said: "I am gonna peel some carrots to go with our roast".
>> She looked and me and said: "You don't "peel" them - you scrape
>> them!". Too much BBC Food, methinks
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy - still laughing

> Heh! I once worked with a woman who had a 7-8 year-old son who decided
> one morning that he wanted to make his own breakfast toast, in the
> oven, the way she did. As soon as he decided it was ready, he took it
> to the sink and began to scrape it. His mom said, "Why are you doing
> that, it's perfect!" He said, "But Mom, that's what you always do."
>
> David

LOL, that's a great story!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 9:08 am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:
> Just wait. If she is really 'interested', she will get training in the
> culinary field, then come home, not lift a finger, but complain about how
> your 'technique' isn't just quite right. Been there, done that, tempted to
> kill 23 year old FBS......CAN cook, but prefers to complain......so he's
> been put on a diet.....you don't like it, two choices eat it and shut up or
> starve, since he doesn't want to cook.

Trained but doesn't want to cook?

Karen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 1:45 pm, Chatty Cathy > wrote:
> Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
>
> > Just wait. If she is really 'interested', she will get training in the
> > culinary field, then come home, not lift a finger, but complain about how
> > your 'technique' isn't just quite right. Been there, done that, tempted to
> > kill 23 year old FBS......CAN cook, but prefers to complain......so he's
> > been put on a diet.....you don't like it, two choices eat it and shut up or
> > starve, since he doesn't want to cook.

> Well, thanks for bursting my bubble
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

When my daughter was 3, her primary accomplishment was drawing rainbow
cats. I still have one at work, much to her embarrassment. OTOH,
she's still drawing, and plans to make it a career.

3 is a great age. They're wiling to try doing anything, and not too
concerned about the results, as long as it was fun to try.

enjoy. Little girl giggles don't last forever, but 12 years on, the
memory does.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Apr 27, 9:08 am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:
>> Just wait. If she is really 'interested', she will get training in the
>> culinary field, then come home, not lift a finger, but complain about how
>> your 'technique' isn't just quite right. Been there, done that, tempted
>> kill 23 year old FBS......CAN cook, but prefers to complain......so he's
>> been put on a diet.....you don't like it, two choices eat it and shut up
>> or
>> starve, since he doesn't want to cook.

> Trained but doesn't want to cook?
>
> Karen

Cooked three squares a day for three years for 700-1000 of his fellow
sailors. Has a very good sense of what to cook and how to make it taste
good. I think he is just getting the bitchin' he listened to for three years
out of his system. I think he's actually afraid to cook in less than 100
pound increments.
-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 27, 8:43 am, Chatty Cathy > wrote:
> Took some carrots out of the fridge.... My 3 y/o asked: "What are you
> doing?" I said: "I am gonna peel some carrots to go with our roast". She
> looked and me and said: "You don't "peel" them - you scrape them!". Too
> much BBC Food, methinks
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy - still laughing

I was making some gravy for tonight's dinner, and I remembered a story
my mother told about me long after it had happened.

She would make flour and water *paste* for me to play with when I was
kindergarden age. One day while she was cooking, I went into the
kitchen and saw her mixing flour and water to add to some fat to make
gravy. She said I started crying, and then announced that "I wasn't
going to eat paste for supper!"

Now I make paste and turn it into bread.

David

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:16:42 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

>Cooked three squares a day for three years for 700-1000 of his fellow
>sailors. Has a very good sense of what to cook and how to make it taste
>good. I think he is just getting the bitchin' he listened to for three years
>out of his system.
>-ginny

My old chief use to say " a bitching sailor is a happy sailor"
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 12:16:42 -0400, "Virginia Tadrzynski"
> wrote:

>"Karen" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>> On Apr 27, 9:08 am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:
>>> Just wait. If she is really 'interested', she will get training in the
>>> culinary field, then come home, not lift a finger, but complain about how
>>> your 'technique' isn't just quite right. Been there, done that, tempted
>>> kill 23 year old FBS......CAN cook, but prefers to complain......so he's
>>> been put on a diet.....you don't like it, two choices eat it and shut up
>>> or
>>> starve, since he doesn't want to cook.

>> Trained but doesn't want to cook?
>>
>> Karen
>>

>Cooked three squares a day for three years for 700-1000 of his fellow
>sailors. Has a very good sense of what to cook and how to make it taste
>good. I think he is just getting the bitchin' he listened to for three years
>out of his system. I think he's actually afraid to cook in less than 100
>pound increments.
>-ginny

after all that, you're lucky he still wants to eat.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote in message

> "Karen" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> On Apr 27, 9:08 am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:
>>> Just wait. If she is really 'interested', she will get training in the
>>> culinary field, then come home, not lift a finger, but complain about
>>> how
>>> your 'technique' isn't just quite right. Been there, done that,
>>> tempted to
>>> kill 23 year old FBS......CAN cook, but prefers to complain......so he's
>>> been put on a diet.....you don't like it, two choices eat it and shut up
>>> or
>>> starve, since he doesn't want to cook.

>> Trained but doesn't want to cook?
>>
>> Karen
>>

> Cooked three squares a day for three years for 700-1000 of his fellow
> sailors. Has a very good sense of what to cook and how to make it taste
> good. I think he is just getting the bitchin' he listened to for three
> years out of his system. I think he's actually afraid to cook in less
> than 100 pound increments.
> -ginny

Bet he can't stir a sauce without a boat oar.