Posted to rec.food.cooking
bolivar bolivar is offline

Default The Mouths of Babes

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> Becca wrote:
>
>> When my youngest child was about 5 yo, he came to see what I was
>> making for dinner, it was cabbage rolls. He said they looked like
>> something that would come out of an ox's nose. Children are just
>> precious, aren't they?

> That's hilarious, is he an imaginative/creative person? How'd he come up
> with that, you wonder.
> nancy

Depending on the time frame, he may have heard it on TV. First time I
remember hearing it, it was a line used by Jack Elam to describe an oyster
on the halfshell.

I believe the series was _Down and Out in Beverly Hills_. Jack and a buddy
were homeless guys, and ended up living with his buddy's family in BH. One
night they served the oysters. Buddy asked what that was. Jack's reply:
Looks like someting that fell out of an ox's nose.

I laughed like hell!! And still went out for my usual dozen that weekend.

Boli