Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Super Bowl Menu

Well the day is upon us...

OK tomorrow.

I'll be traveling but back in time the game.

I suspect I'll do a solid White Trash Super bowl.

Onion Dip
Potato chips

Fritos Scoops
& Velveeta Ro-Tel dip

Grilled New York's @ half time

For the libation - Walker Firestone Double Barrel Ale.

I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.

Maybe some Spaghetti-O's

You?

Dimitri
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Well the day is upon us...
>
> OK tomorrow.
>
> I'll be traveling but back in time the game.
>
> I suspect I'll do a solid White Trash Super bowl.

That's the best way. And it's what I'm doing.

> Onion Dip
> Potato chips
>
> Fritos Scoops
> & Velveeta Ro-Tel dip
>
> Grilled New York's @ half time
>
> For the libation - Walker Firestone Double Barrel Ale.
>
> I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.
>
> Maybe some Spaghetti-O's

Well, normally my tradition is to go out to brunch. All you can
eat. For the past however many years now, it's been a
really fancy place, too, I will miss that.

Breaking tradition ... I'm just getting over my second crappy
cold this month ... that is a new record, even for me. I don't
feel up to going out, even though I'm on the mend. Meaning,
I'm hungry! I'm always hungry when I'm getting over a cold.

So far I boiled eggs for devilled eggs, went to Costco to
get this 6 layer mexican dip and I'll have that with tortilla
chips. Ron's making baked ziti from the Cook's Illustrated
that came today ... we've never even made that before!
Sun Chips.

In other words, just a bunch of unrelated food, mostly store
bought.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri wrote:
> Well the day is upon us...
> OK tomorrow.
>
> I'll be traveling but back in time the game.
>
> I suspect I'll do a solid White Trash Super bowl.
>
> Onion Dip
> Potato chips
>
> Fritos Scoops & Velveeta Ro-Tel dip
>
> Grilled New York's @ half time
>
> For the libation - Walker Firestone Double Barrel Ale.
>
> I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.
>
> Maybe some Spaghetti-O's
>
> You?

My "Super Bowl" chili. I only make this version for Super Bowl Sunday.
Also chicken wings and probably a cole slaw plus assorted nosherai.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> I suspect I'll do a solid White Trash Super bowl.

Weenie wraps with Hillshire Lit'l Smokies and crescent roll dough fit
the bill. Remember to cut the crescent triangles from eight to sixteen
lengthwise before wrapping. Ruffly potato chips with fresh made Lipton
onion dip. Chicken wing segments marinated in a nearly 50-50 soy
sauce-lemon juice mixture with a bit of jalapeno juice and cut jalapeno
wheels mixed in. Then bake the wings as usual after three hours
marination. Now if there were more than two of us at our party, I might
include bite sized veggies and ranch sauce for the 'square meal' people.
It just don't git no better.

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:04:24 -0800, "Dimitri" >
wrote:

>Well the day is upon us...
>
>OK tomorrow.
>
>I'll be traveling but back in time the game.
>
>I suspect I'll do a solid White Trash Super bowl.
>
>Onion Dip
>Potato chips
>
>Fritos Scoops
>& Velveeta Ro-Tel dip
>
>Grilled New York's @ half time
>
>For the libation - Walker Firestone Double Barrel Ale.
>
>I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.
>
>Maybe some Spaghetti-O's
>
>You?
>
>Dimitri

I was thinking the game was the perfect excuse for some unhealthy food
also Dimitri.

We'll be snacking on some spicy chicken bites, and a salami and cheese
plate. If I get ambitious I'll make some deviled eggs.

Later we'll grill rib eyes and have that with some roasted fingerling
potatoes and some veggies, haven't decided which veggies yet.

Or, I'll open a couple of cans of chili and get the crackers out
because we'll be too busy with our new baby. We are getting our
Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in news:g14ao45ou2ul9aacu63unkmslg1dr0ih8s@
4ax.com:

> Or, I'll open a couple of cans of chili and get the crackers out
> because we'll be too busy with our new baby. We are getting our
> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.

That would be Queensland :-)

but we do call them Blue Heelers.

Another fine export to the States :-)

You're going to be *very* busy with him/her. Or you could just get some
cows for it to work :-)

What are you going to call it?

BTW, when it gets older, watch out for the 'herding instinct'. You'll know
when it gets that by the nips on your ankles/heels :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Soldati, io esco da Roma. Chi vuole continuare la guerra contro lo
straniero venga con me. Non posso offrigli ne¤ onori ne¤ stipendi; gli
offro fame, sete, marce forzate, battaglie e morte. Chi ama la Patria mi
segua.

—Garibaldi, Giuseppe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko wrote:

> Or, I'll open a couple of cans of chili and get the crackers out
> because we'll be too busy with our new baby. We are getting our
> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.

Congratulations! Puppies are so wonderful. We are so in love with ours.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> koko wrote:
>
>> Or, I'll open a couple of cans of chili and get the crackers out
>> because we'll be too busy with our new baby. We are getting our
>> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.

> Congratulations! Puppies are so wonderful. We are so in love with ours.

So is Lucas

Posted to rec.food.cooking

HeavyOrange wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> koko wrote:
>>
>>> Or, I'll open a couple of cans of chili and get the crackers out
>>> because we'll be too busy with our new baby. We are getting our
>>> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.

>> Congratulations! Puppies are so wonderful. We are so in love with ours.

> So is Lucas

Lucas is in love with my puppy???????
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet Wilder > wrote in news:0076fd58$0$14765$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

> HeavyOrange wrote:

>>> Congratulations! Puppies are so wonderful. We are so in love with ours.

>> So is Lucas
>>

> Lucas is in love with my puppy???????

It's a stalker troll, Janet.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Soldati, io esco da Roma. Chi vuole continuare la guerra contro lo straniero
venga con me. Non posso offrigli ne¤ onori ne¤ stipendi; gli offro fame,
sete, marce forzate, battaglie e morte. Chi ama la Patria mi segua.

—Garibaldi, Giuseppe

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 03:22:37 +0000 (UTC), "Peter-Lucas"
> wrote:

>koko > wrote in news:g14ao45ou2ul9aacu63unkmslg1dr0ih8s@
>4ax.com:
>

>> Or, I'll open a couple of cans of chili and get the crackers out
>> because we'll be too busy with our new baby. We are getting our
>> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.
>>

>That would be Queensland :-)
>
>but we do call them Blue Heelers.
>

>Another fine export to the States :-)
>

>You're going to be *very* busy with him/her. Or you could just get some
>cows for it to work :-)

She'll be busy working the squirrels back into their holes. ;-)

>What are you going to call it?

Stan's pretty set on Matilda, as in Waltzing Matilda...
http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/matilda.htm

>BTW, when it gets older, watch out for the 'herding instinct'. You'll know
>when it gets that by the nips on your ankles/heels :-)

So we've heard, or shall I say "herd" ha ha.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 01/29
Posted to rec.food.cooking

koko > wrote in news:c9aao4l9pbd1ctiu9bj64gpb6rcvh9tvuh@
4ax.com:

> On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 03:22:37 +0000 (UTC), "Peter-Lucas"
> > wrote:

>>You're going to be *very* busy with him/her. Or you could just get some
>>cows for it to work :-)

> She'll be busy working the squirrels back into their holes. ;-)

Hmmmm, you may not have to worry about feeding her too much then :-)

>>What are you going to call it?

> Stan's pretty set on Matilda, as in Waltzing Matilda...

Oh well....... it could be worse ;-P

> http://kids.niehs.nih.gov/lyrics/matilda.htm
>>
>>BTW, when it gets older, watch out for the 'herding instinct'. You'll

know
>>when it gets that by the nips on your ankles/heels :-)

> So we've heard, or shall I say "herd" ha ha.

:-)

It hurts the first few time, till you get used to the pain :-)

And you never see the sneaky little buggers come up to do it either. It's
amazing how it's part of their genetic makeup, they know how to 'herd'
even if they've never been anywhere near cattle/sheep.

If you've got goats, or ducks, they'll do as well :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Soldati, io esco da Roma. Chi vuole continuare la guerra contro lo
straniero venga con me. Non posso offrigli ne¤ onori ne¤ stipendi; gli
offro fame, sete, marce forzate, battaglie e morte. Chi ama la Patria mi
segua.

—Garibaldi, Giuseppe
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in newsH5hl.19333$Ws1.11997
@nlpi064.nbdc.sbc.com:

> I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.

Sauteed Breast of Cardinal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Dimitri wrote:

> I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.

Watching the news and they say that Super Bowl Sunday is now the second
biggest food day right after Thanksgiving.

They estimate that 1 billiion chicken wings will be consumed and 99
million avocados. The Hass Avocado Board says that would fill a football
field from end to end and be 19 feet deep. That's a lot of guacamole!

The also said that the average amount of fat grams consumed will be 40
grams and it will take over two hours of strenuous workout to burn it
off. They suggest starting the exercising early. ;-)

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Lin" > wrote in message

> Watching the news and they say that Super Bowl Sunday is now the second
> biggest food day right after Thanksgiving.
>
> They estimate that 1 billiion chicken wings will be consumed and 99
> million avocados. The Hass Avocado Board says that would fill a football
> field from end to end and be 19 feet deep. That's a lot of guacamole!
>
> The also said that the average amount of fat grams consumed will be 40
> grams and it will take over two hours of strenuous workout to burn it off.
> They suggest starting the exercising early. ;-)
>
> --Lin

I have a few shows on the DVR and tonight will be a good time to watch a
couple of them because there is a football game on and a lot of repeats. .

I'll get some wings when the price comes back down.

We did go to Federal Hill in Providence yesterday so we do have some goodies
to enjoy. A few cheeses, salami and bread. I'll open a bottle of wine and
we'll nibble on that for dinner tonight.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:

> Well the day is upon us...
>
> OK tomorrow.
>
> I'll be traveling but back in time the game.
>
> I suspect I'll do a solid White Trash Super bowl.
>
> Onion Dip
> Potato chips
>
> Fritos Scoops
> & Velveeta Ro-Tel dip
>
> Grilled New York's @ half time
>
> For the libation - Walker Firestone Double Barrel Ale.
>
> I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.
>
> Maybe some Spaghetti-O's
>
> You?
>
> Dimitri

I was going to serve baked chicken drumsticks with roasted carrots.
Still plan to do that even tho' I'll be babysitting. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> We are getting our
> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.
>
> koko

You better post pics! :-)
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote:
>
>> Well the day is upon us...
>>
>> OK tomorrow.
>>
>> I'll be traveling but back in time the game.
>>
>> I suspect I'll do a solid White Trash Super bowl.
>>
>> Onion Dip
>> Potato chips
>>
>> Fritos Scoops
>> & Velveeta Ro-Tel dip
>>
>> Grilled New York's @ half time
>>
>> For the libation - Walker Firestone Double Barrel Ale.
>>
>> I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.
>>
>> Maybe some Spaghetti-O's
>>
>> You?

> I was going to serve baked chicken drumsticks with roasted carrots.
> Still plan to do that even tho' I'll be babysitting. ;-)

Love those drumsticks. I had them baked earlier this week.

It occurred to me that something to serve for a Superbowl
party is a taco bar. Could be because I have a craving for
tacos, of course.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> > I was going to serve baked chicken drumsticks with roasted carrots.
> > Still plan to do that even tho' I'll be babysitting. ;-)

> Love those drumsticks. I had them baked earlier this week.
>
> It occurred to me that something to serve for a Superbowl
> party is a taco bar. Could be because I have a craving for
> tacos, of course.
>
> nancy

I've been craving tacos for about a week now. <g> Must be the cold
weather! I'm sticking to my diet tho' for the time being.

Otoh, shredded drumstick meat could make good tacos!

<sigh>
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote:
>
>>> I was going to serve baked chicken drumsticks with roasted carrots.
>>> Still plan to do that even tho' I'll be babysitting. ;-)

>> Love those drumsticks. I had them baked earlier this week.
>>
>> It occurred to me that something to serve for a Superbowl
>> party is a taco bar. Could be because I have a craving for
>> tacos, of course.

> I've been craving tacos for about a week now. <g> Must be the cold
> weather! I'm sticking to my diet tho' for the time being.

Good for you. Low carb? How about taco lettuce wraps?
(laugh)

> Otoh, shredded drumstick meat could make good tacos!

Drumsticks and thighs, they are my favorite. And you
can get a lot of them for next to nothing, what's not to
like?

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

> We did go to Federal Hill in Providence yesterday so we do have some goodies
> to enjoy. A few cheeses, salami and bread. I'll open a bottle of wine and
> we'll nibble on that for dinner tonight.

That sounds lovely! I've never considered Super Bowl Sunday to be a day
of feast myself. Bob usually does a chili, but we are going to a
basketball game today and then just have leftover spaghetti tonight. The
sauce was pretty awesome last night and should be better later. Probably
crack open a bottle of wine, too.

Enjoy!

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chex Mix and Bugles and dip. I get the Hidden Valley Ranch Dip mix
and combine it with a 16 oz. tub of sour cream; I don't like the
premade dips.

Tortilla Chips and homemade salsa. I made regular and hot (with half
of a Habenero pepper diced up) and homemade quacamole

As soon as the guest start arriving I'll get somebody to run me up to
the nearby Little Caesars and get a couple of the 5 dollar pizzas.
Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest pizza delivery day of the year and I
don't want to wait 2 hours on a cold pizza.

The local grocery store made up Super Bowl cupcakes with the team
colors on them. Got a half dozen of each.

The guests will start arriving about 430. I have to finish getting
the house cleaned up and grab a shower once the dishwasher is thru
running.

Should be fun. Go Steelers!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Dimitri" > wrote:
(snip)
> You?
>
> Dimitri

Junior High kids at church took orders for foot-long subs to help fund a
summer trip; pick-up was this morning. I had mine for brunch. :-) I
don't know when Rob will eat his. Cub has chicken wings on special -
1/2 price - in their deli. Love those wings. I may run over later and
get some. May also pick up a small tube of crescent rolls with which to
make little bitty crescent dogs. Unroll into the triangular shape and
cut each into 3 smaller triangles. Roll a Little Smokie or the like
into it, starting at the wide end. Bake for about 15 minutes at 375.
Have the mustard and ketchup ready.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:06:25 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> We are getting our
>> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.
>>
>> koko

>You better post pics! :-)

Check my blog. We got her this morning She's sooo stinking cute.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 02/01
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Lin > wrote:

> Watching the news and they say that Super Bowl Sunday is now the second
> biggest food day right after Thanksgiving.
>
> They estimate that 1 billiion chicken wings will be consumed and 99
> million avocados. The Hass Avocado Board says that would fill a football
> field from end to end and be 19 feet deep. That's a lot of guacamole!

Guilty as charged on both counts.

We hosted the neighborhood Super Bowl gathering, and (as usual) there
was more interest in the food than in the football. Cindy made her
famous mango guacamole. I made two varieties of chicken wings
(Buffalo-style and Miami-Cuban-style). The guests brought wine,
ceviche, hummus/pitas, browmies and lemon bars. We had originally
planned to make burritos at halftime, but everyone was so stuffed on the
nibblies and appetizers that we cancelled that idea.

--
Julian Vrieslander

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lin Lin is offline

Julian Vrieslander wrote:

> Guilty as charged on both counts.

;-)

> We hosted the neighborhood Super Bowl gathering, and (as usual) there
> was more interest in the food than in the football. Cindy made her
> famous mango guacamole. I made two varieties of chicken wings
> (Buffalo-style and Miami-Cuban-style). The guests brought wine,
> ceviche, hummus/pitas, browmies and lemon bars. We had originally
> planned to make burritos at halftime, but everyone was so stuffed on the
> nibblies and appetizers that we cancelled that idea.

It sounds like a wonderful evening! No chicken wings at our place, but
we did have some chips and salsa and a couple of Negra Modelos during
the game. There were a couple of avocados we wanted to make guacamole
with, but didn't get to it. We'd just gotten home from an NBA game and
neither of us was up for fussing in the kitchen. Leftover spaghetti and
meat sauce from last night was my dinner.

Nuttin' fancy!

--Lin
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:06:25 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > koko > wrote:
> >
> >> We are getting our
> >> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning.
> >>
> >> koko

> >You better post pics! :-)

> Check my blog. We got her this morning She's sooo stinking cute.
>
> koko

OMFG! She sure IS cute. ;-D
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 22:41:27 -0800, Julian Vrieslander wrote:

> In article >,
> Lin > wrote:
>
>> Watching the news and they say that Super Bowl Sunday is now the second
>> biggest food day right after Thanksgiving.
>>
>> They estimate that 1 billiion chicken wings will be consumed and 99
>> million avocados. The Hass Avocado Board says that would fill a football
>> field from end to end and be 19 feet deep. That's a lot of guacamole!

> Guilty as charged on both counts.
>
> We hosted the neighborhood Super Bowl gathering, and (as usual) there
> was more interest in the food than in the football. Cindy made her
> famous mango guacamole. I made two varieties of chicken wings
> (Buffalo-style and Miami-Cuban-style). The guests brought wine,
> ceviche, hummus/pitas, browmies and lemon bars. We had originally
> planned to make burritos at halftime, but everyone was so stuffed on the
> nibblies and appetizers that we cancelled that idea.

could you give a recipe, pointer or brief description of the miami-cuban
style wings? it sounds interesting.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Julian Vrieslander wrote:

> We hosted the neighborhood Super Bowl gathering, and (as usual) there
> was more interest in the food than in the football. Cindy made her
> famous mango guacamole. I made two varieties of chicken wings
> (Buffalo-style and Miami-Cuban-style).

What can you tell us about "Miami-Cuban" style wings?
Sounds interesting.

We had Buffalo style using a brand new bottle of Frank's
Hot Sauce. This is one time when age DOES make a difference.
(Most hot sauces lose their heat as they age after opening, even
horseradish.)

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 04:03:01 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> koko > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:06:25 -0600, Omelet >
>> wrote:

>> >You better post pics! :-)

>> Check my blog. We got her this morning She's sooo stinking cute.
>>
>> koko

>OMFG! She sure IS cute. ;-D

Thank you so much. We're crazy about her.

koko
--

There is no love more sincere than the love of food
George Bernard Shaw
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 02/01

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
koko > wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 04:03:01 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > koko > wrote:

> >> Check my blog. We got her this morning She's sooo stinking cute.
> >>
> >> koko

> >OMFG! She sure IS cute. ;-D

> Thank you so much. We're crazy about her.
>
> koko

I can imagine. :-)
--
Peace! Om

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
-Infantry Journal
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 1, 12:13*pm, koko > wrote:
> On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 16:04:24 -0800, "Dimitri" >
> wrote:
>

> >Well the day is upon us...

> >OK tomorrow.

> >I'll be traveling but back in time the game.

> >I suspect I'll do a solid White Trash Super bowl.

> >Onion Dip
> >Potato chips

> >Fritos Scoops
> >& Velveeta Ro-Tel dip

> >Grilled New York's @ half time

> >For the libation - Walker Firestone Double Barrel Ale.

> >I'm wondering what other unhealthy foods I can find.

> >Maybe some Spaghetti-O's

> >You?

> >Dimitri

> I was thinking the game was the perfect excuse for some unhealthy food
> also Dimitri.
>
> We'll be snacking on some spicy chicken bites, and a salami and cheese
> plate. If I get ambitious I'll make some deviled eggs.
>
> Later we'll grill rib eyes and have that with some roasted fingerling
> potatoes and some veggies, haven't decided which veggies yet.
>
> Or, I'll open a couple of cans of chili and get the crackers out
> because we'll be too busy with our new baby. We are getting our
> Queeensland Heeler puppy tomorrow morning. *

Ooh you lucky thing. There is nothing quite as cute (and brave) as a
baby blue heeler.

I have two, Max and Gus. Max is prepared to be friends with anyone we
bring home, Gus is not prepared to make new friends at all thank-you-
very-much. Both are excellent guard dogs and would give their lives to
protect me.

JB

> koko
> --
>
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *George Bernard Shawwww.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 01/29- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Gloria P > wrote:

> We had Buffalo style using a brand new bottle of Frank's
> Hot Sauce. This is one time when age DOES make a difference.
> (Most hot sauces lose their heat as they age after opening, even
> horseradish.)

For Christmas I got a food basket containing, among other things, three
bottles of hot sauce. I opened up the Trappey's first. It had a recipe
on the bottle for chicken wings. It called for 12oz of sauce. It was a
6oz bottle! Not nice. I opened up the Tabasco for breakfast this
morning. It too had a recipe for chicken wings, but only 1/4 cup of
sauce. Since it was a 12oz bottle, that would be six recipes worth.

I don't like chicken wings.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Golden One" > wrote

>Ooh you lucky thing. There is nothing quite as cute (and brave) as a
>baby blue heeler.

What a crock of steaming shit. No puppy needs a pedigree for that.

>I have two, Max and Gus. Max is prepared to be friends with anyone we
>bring home, Gus is not prepared to make new friends at all thank-you-
>very-much. Both are excellent guard dogs and would give their lives to
>protect me.

So would 90% of the lovely dogs who need homes. Ugh.

> koko
> --
>
> There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> George Bernard Shawwww.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> updated 01/29- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Miami-Cuban Chicken Wings (was: Super Bowl Menu)

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> could you give a recipe, pointer or brief description of the miami-cuban
> style wings?

By now I should know better than to mention our menu choices on this
group. This recipe seems odd, but the wings are insanely addictive.
Whenever we host a party, our friends ask for them. Once out of the
oven, they disappear almost instantly.

Nutty Ricky Ricardo Chicken Wings

from "Nuevo Cubano Cooking: New Fusion Recipes from Florida", by Sue
Mullin

serves 4

12 chicken wings or drumettes (24 pieces)
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
2 tbsp soy sauce
1.5 tbsp honey
0.5 tsp ground cumin
1 clove garlic, minced
0.25 to 0.5 tsp hot red pepper flakes, or 0.5 fresh or bottled jalapeno,
seeded and finely minced
3 oz (75 g) finely chopped salted or unsalted roasted peanuts
3 to 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)

I usually like to cut the wings into three pieces. The bony tips are
discarded or saved for making soup.

Preheat oven to 400F (200C) deg. Line a shallow baking pan with foil,
and rub the foil lightly with some oil. Season wings with salt and
pepper and bake in middel of oven for 30 minutes or until they begin to
turn brown and crisp.

While wings are baking, in a small saucepan mix the peanut butter, soy
sauce, honey, garlic, cumin, and pepper flakes. Cook over low heat,
stirring until smooth. Brush wings with sauce and bake a few more
minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle
with the chopped nuts and cilantro.

--
Julian Vrieslander

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:30:23 -0800, Julian Vrieslander
> wrote:

>In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> could you give a recipe, pointer or brief description of the miami-cuban
>> style wings?

>By now I should know better than to mention our menu choices on this
>group. This recipe seems odd, but the wings are insanely addictive.
>Whenever we host a party, our friends ask for them. Once out of the
>oven, they disappear almost instantly.
>
>Nutty Ricky Ricardo Chicken Wings
>
>from "Nuevo Cubano Cooking: New Fusion Recipes from Florida", by Sue
>Mullin

<snip>

>Preheat oven to 400F (200C) deg. Line a shallow baking pan with foil,
>and rub the foil lightly with some oil. Season wings with salt and
>pepper and bake in middel of oven for 30 minutes or until they begin to
>turn brown and crisp.
>
>While wings are baking, in a small saucepan mix the peanut butter, soy
>sauce, honey, garlic, cumin, and pepper flakes. Cook over low heat,
>stirring until smooth. Brush wings with sauce and bake a few more
>minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle
>with the chopped nuts and cilantro.

DAYUM! That sounds GOOD! I can hardly wait to try this recipe. It's
too late at night to feel hungry - but you've gone and done it.

Mae West
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Miami-Cuban Chicken Wings

On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:30:23 -0800, Julian Vrieslander wrote:

> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> could you give a recipe, pointer or brief description of the miami-cuban
>> style wings?

> By now I should know better than to mention our menu choices on this
> group. This recipe seems odd, but the wings are insanely addictive.
> Whenever we host a party, our friends ask for them. Once out of the
> oven, they disappear almost instantly.
>
> Nutty Ricky Ricardo Chicken Wings
>
> from "Nuevo Cubano Cooking: New Fusion Recipes from Florida", by Sue
> Mullin

<recipe snipped and saved>

thank you, julian. looks interesting, though i would skip the cilantro.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:30:23 -0800, Julian Vrieslander
> > wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > blake murphy > wrote:
> >
> >> could you give a recipe, pointer or brief description of the miami-cuban
> >> style wings?

> >By now I should know better than to mention our menu choices on this
> >group. This recipe seems odd, but the wings are insanely addictive.
> >Whenever we host a party, our friends ask for them. Once out of the
> >oven, they disappear almost instantly.
> >
> >Nutty Ricky Ricardo Chicken Wings
> >
> >from "Nuevo Cubano Cooking: New Fusion Recipes from Florida", by Sue
> >Mullin
> >

> <snip>
> >
> >Preheat oven to 400F (200C) deg. Line a shallow baking pan with foil,
> >and rub the foil lightly with some oil. Season wings with salt and
> >pepper and bake in middel of oven for 30 minutes or until they begin to
> >turn brown and crisp.
> >
> >While wings are baking, in a small saucepan mix the peanut butter, soy
> >sauce, honey, garlic, cumin, and pepper flakes. Cook over low heat,
> >stirring until smooth. Brush wings with sauce and bake a few more
> >minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle
> >with the chopped nuts and cilantro.

> DAYUM! That sounds GOOD! I can hardly wait to try this recipe. It's
> too late at night to feel hungry - but you've gone and done it.

It does indeed. I've never cooked with peanut butter! I may have to
give it a try. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
-Infantry Journal
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Dan Abel > wrote:

> 6oz bottle! Not nice. I opened up the Tabasco for breakfast this
> morning. It too had a recipe for chicken wings, but only 1/4 cup of
> sauce. Since it was a 12oz bottle, that would be six recipes worth.

Nope. Three batches. Sixteen ounces of liquid in a cup.
You're welcome. '-)
I put hot sauce in my homemade chicken noodle soup (in the bowl, not the
kettle). Along with ketchup and black pepper.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
http://gallery.me.com/barbschaller/100041
-- a woman my age shouldn't
have this much fun!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > 6oz bottle! Not nice. I opened up the Tabasco for breakfast this
> > morning. It too had a recipe for chicken wings, but only 1/4 cup of
> > sauce. Since it was a 12oz bottle, that would be six recipes worth.

> Nope. Three batches. Sixteen ounces of liquid in a cup.
> You're welcome. '-)
> I put hot sauce in my homemade chicken noodle soup (in the bowl, not the
> kettle). Along with ketchup and black pepper.

Um..... I thought there was 8oz. in a cup?

<http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_ounces_are_in_a_cup>
--
Peace! Om

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."
-Infantry Journal

Super Bowl Menu? MareCat General Cooking 4 26-01-2005 11:34 AM
Super Bowl Menu Louis Cohen Barbecue 6 01-02-2004 09:39 PM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu (6) Collection Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2004 04:30 AM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-01-2004 05:40 PM