Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Super Bowl Menu

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Dan Abel > wrote:
>
> > 6oz bottle! Not nice. I opened up the Tabasco for breakfast this
> > morning. It too had a recipe for chicken wings, but only 1/4 cup of
> > sauce. Since it was a 12oz bottle, that would be six recipes worth.

> Nope. Three batches. Sixteen ounces of liquid in a cup.
> You're welcome. '-)
> I put hot sauce in my homemade chicken noodle soup (in the bowl, not the
> kettle). Along with ketchup and black pepper.

Aw, jeez!! Dan's right and I'm wrong! It's dark in my world. :-)

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Miami-Cuban Chicken Wings (was: Super Bowl Menu)

Omelet wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:30:23 -0800, Julian Vrieslander
> > > wrote:

> > >By now I should know better than to mention our menu choices on this
> > >group. This recipe seems odd, but the wings are insanely addictive.
> > >Whenever we host a party, our friends ask for them. Once out of the
> > >oven, they disappear almost instantly.
> > >
> > >Nutty Ricky Ricardo Chicken Wings
> > >
> > >from "Nuevo Cubano Cooking: New Fusion Recipes from Florida", by Sue
> > >Mullin
> > >

> > <snip>
> > >
> > >Preheat oven to 400F (200C) deg. Line a shallow baking pan with foil,
> > >and rub the foil lightly with some oil. Season wings with salt and
> > >pepper and bake in middel of oven for 30 minutes or until they begin to
> > >turn brown and crisp.
> > >
> > >While wings are baking, in a small saucepan mix the peanut butter, soy
> > >sauce, honey, garlic, cumin, and pepper flakes. Cook over low heat,
> > >stirring until smooth. Brush wings with sauce and bake a few more
> > >minutes. Remove from oven, transfer to a serving platter, and sprinkle
> > >with the chopped nuts and cilantro.

> > DAYUM! That sounds GOOD! I can hardly wait to try this recipe. It's
> > too late at night to feel hungry - but you've gone and done it.

> It does indeed. I've never cooked with peanut butter! I may have to
> give it a try. ;-d
> --
> Peace! Om

Strangely enough, it sounds very much like an Indonesian version of
chicken satay, possibly minus the honey. That really is fusion cooking

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 3, 1:29*pm, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Golden One" > wrote
>
> >Ooh you lucky thing. There is nothing quite as cute (and brave) as a
> >baby blue heeler.

> What a crock of steaming shit. No puppy needs a pedigree for that.
>
> >I have two, Max and Gus. Max is prepared to be friends with anyone we
> >bring home, Gus is not prepared to make new friends at all thank-you-
> >very-much. Both are excellent guard dogs and would give their lives to
> >protect me.

> So would 90% of the lovely dogs who need homes. Ugh.

We all know you have a bee up your arse about dog breeders.

I, for one, do not give a flying **** what you think.

> > koko
> > --

> > There is no love more sincere than the love of food
> > George Bernard Shawwww.kokoscorner.typepad.com
> > updated 01/29- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Golden One" > wrote:

>> So would 90% of the lovely dogs who need homes. Ugh.

>We all know you have a bee up your arse about dog breeders.

>I, for one, do not give a flying **** what you think.

A bee up my arse, eh? Right. Dog breeders and people who support them and
extol the virtues of the defective freaks they produce are assholes. There's
another thing for you not to give a flying **** about. Asshole.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Feb 4, 10:49*am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Golden One" > wrote:
>
> >> So would 90% of the lovely dogs who need homes. Ugh.

> >We all know you have a bee up your arse about dog breeders.
> >I, for one, do not give a flying **** what you think.

> A bee up my arse, eh? Right. Dog breeders and people who support them and
> extol the virtues of the defective freaks they produce are assholes. There's
> another thing for you not to give a flying **** about. Asshole.

The same could be said for the parents that produced a defective freak
like you. ****.

Super Bowl Menu? MareCat General Cooking 4 26-01-2005 10:34 AM
Super Bowl Menu Louis Cohen Barbecue 6 01-02-2004 08:39 PM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu (6) Collection Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2004 03:30 AM
Sunday Dinner's Super Bowl Sunday Menu Duckie ® Recipes 0 28-01-2004 04:40 PM