Louis Cohen

Default Super Bowl Menu

What else but Boston Baked Beans and Pulled Pork with Eastern North Carolina
BBQ sauce?

With the Kamado and bean pot, we'll be enjoying real brick oven baked beans.

----
Louis Cohen
Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

BOB

Louis Cohen wrote:
> What else but Boston Baked Beans and Pulled Pork with Eastern North Carolina
> BBQ sauce?
>
> With the Kamado and bean pot, we'll be enjoying real brick oven baked beans.

> ----
> Louis Cohen
> Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

Vinegar slaw!

BOB

Louis Cohen

An excellent idea. I usually make slaw from a Spanish recipe that uses
garlic browned in oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin.

ˇAbajo Mayonesa! ˇArriba Vinagre!

----

" BOB" > wrote in message
> Louis Cohen wrote:
> > What else but Boston Baked Beans and Pulled Pork with Eastern North

Carolina
> > BBQ sauce?
> >
> > With the Kamado and bean pot, we'll be enjoying real brick oven baked

beans.

> > ----
> > Louis Cohen
> > Living la vida loca at N37° 43' 7.9" W122° 8' 42.8"

> Vinegar slaw!
>
> BOB

Duwop

Louis Cohen wrote:
> An excellent idea. I usually make slaw from a Spanish recipe that
> uses garlic browned in oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin.
>
> ˇAbajo Mayonesa! ˇArriba Vinagre!

Sounds interesting Louis, could you post the recipe?

Dale

Louis Cohen

Garlic Cole Slaw, from _My Kitchen in Spain_ by Janet Mendel:

1/2 cabbage (1.5 lbs)
1 t salt
1/2 t paprika
1/8 t cumin seeds
fresh ground black pepper
3 garlic cloves, sliced
3 T olive oil
3 T white wine vinegar

Shred cabbage and chop finely, wash and drain. Add salt, paprika, cumin
seeds, and pepper; toss well.

Fry the garlic in the oil over medium heat until lightly golden about 3
minutes. Pour oil and garlic over the cabbage and toss. Heat vinegar and 1
T water in the same pan and pour over cabbage. Let marinate at least 30
minutes before serving.

Serve topped with pomegranite seeds or chooped apple.

============================

Personally, I don't like to mix fruit and veggies, so I never use the
topping. I tend to use ground cumin, and more of it than in the recipe, and
more garlic. I use whatever vinegar strikes my fancy that day, often our
home-made red wine vinegar, or some nice sherry vinegar.

----

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> Louis Cohen wrote:
> > An excellent idea. I usually make slaw from a Spanish recipe that
> > uses garlic browned in oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika, and cumin.
> >
> > ˇAbajo Mayonesa! ˇArriba Vinagre!

> Sounds interesting Louis, could you post the recipe?
>
> Dale

Duwop

Louis Cohen wrote:
> Garlic Cole Slaw, from _My Kitchen in Spain_ by Janet Mendel:
>
> Personally, I don't like to mix fruit and veggies, so I never use the
> topping. I tend to use ground cumin, and more of it than in the
> recipe, and more garlic. I use whatever vinegar strikes my fancy
> that day, often our home-made red wine vinegar, or some nice sherry
> vinegar.

More garlic? Always!
Thank you very much, looks very tasty, and thank you for the personal note,
always helpful.

Dale